PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Woods Golf 09 for Wii and other games

Buzzard
10-04-2009, 08:56 AM
Anyone play this? I've had some fun rehabbing my shoulder with this before I get surgery on it. I hope I can avoid it with this in conjunction with my other rehab for it.

I like playing online with advanced swing and no shot preview and using no other things that make it easier. The only helper thing I use is the wind speed and direction and how deep the ball lies when in the rough and the sand.

Would love to play some if you would be willing to use those settings. I like using the hardest levels because anything other than that seems like a waste and the win isn't as satisfying. Nothing better than losing to someone who can outplay me on equal footing.

Anyone else play any rFactor online racing or IL2 Sturmovik online? A few years back I was on an online racing league and it was a blast. Everyone was on comms and were very professional in the way they raced. The guys I raced with were a quality bunch of guys and gals.

I was also involved in online airwars using IL2 Sturmovik. What a blast that was too. If you ever decide or have tried using any of these, I highly suggest getting a Trak IR unit as it allows hands free head movement which greatly increases the immersion factor. We had some great bombing missions where we all flew in formation after circling our airbase before heading to our destination. We had fighter cover and everything. The tricky ones were when we had to take off and land on aircraft carriers. Other great peripherals for that were any of the flight sticks/throttles and rudder pedals. CHProducts are my favorites in that department. Comms were also essential in flying and keeping in tight formations so our gunners could cover all the bases when our bombing groups were under attack.

Anyone play any Madden 08 on the PC? If so I love to get a game going there too.

A beer and foosball night would be fun too if we could ever get together for that. Pool would be great too.

See. I'm not just an argumentative anal cavity, I do love to have fun when not arguing with people.

If you are ever interested in learning more about them, I can help and steer you to some great sites with great info.

rockdawg21
10-04-2009, 03:47 PM
How is the gameplay on it? Is the swing very accurate at all?

I know it's using the new adapter so it should have a better range of motion compared to the old controllers. All the previous golf games I tried on the Wii were huge disappointments.

The only thing is I'm really interested in some other games coming out soon (or already out) so not sure if I'm ready to fork out the money to buy this game:

- Forza MotorSports 3 (XBox 360)
- NEW Super Mario Bros. Wii (Wii)
- LEGO Indiana Jones 2 (Wii)
- Wii Sports Resort (Wii)

Chuck
10-04-2009, 05:35 PM
I play Madden 0somethin and Tiger 0somethin on a PS2 and I RULE!!! No idea how to do any of that online stuff and I'm not even sure if a PS2 can or not.

But I am the current Vincent Family champ at both games so recognize bitches!! :D

Buzzard
10-05-2009, 12:28 AM
How is the gameplay on it? Is the swing very accurate at all?

I know it's using the new adapter so it should have a better range of motion compared to the old controllers. All the previous golf games I tried on the Wii were huge disappointments.

The Tiger 09 doesn't have the advanced controller of the '10 version, but I have a great time with it. I can hit accurately with it, but I'm an old school gamer and these things come naturally to me. It takes into account how high your backswing is as well as how hard your downstroke is too. You cand use advanced draw and fade with it, and are able to us chip, pitch,loft shots too. You are also able to increase the angle of your shot to help lock in what distance you are aiming for. You have to watch out how strong the wind is and from what direction it is blowing.

The only thing is I'm really interested in some other games coming out soon (or already out) so not sure if I'm ready to fork out the money to buy this game:

- Forza MotorSports 3 (XBox 360)
- NEW Super Mario Bros. Wii (Wii)
- LEGO Indiana Jones 2 (Wii)
- Wii Sports Resort (Wii)

My racing league using rFactor was such a blast. After I got out of it they had a 24 hour LeMans race which each team having several members so they could race in stages. I really wish I hadn't missed that one. Some of the racers in there were incredible and extremely helpful in getting my car tuned up for the different tracks. We had a server set up and at any given moment you could usually find someone on there tuning up there car and giving hints.

I play Madden 0somethin and Tiger 0somethin on a PS2 and I RULE!!! No idea how to do any of that online stuff and I'm not even sure if a PS2 can or not.

But I am the current Vincent Family champ at both games so recognize bitches!! :D

What! Are you challenging me punk, are you challenging me!:laugh:

I'm currently playing some Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific on PC. I like playing on the PC so much more except for the tiger woods gold. Wii does have a great pinball game out with a bunch of the real world Williams pinball machines from back in the day. I used to think the Who wrote the song Pinball Wizard after me.

If only I could find someone local around here to school on foosball.