View Full Version : IM BACK!

Tyburn
10-03-2009, 02:56 PM
:laugh:

did anyone miss me :unsure-1::huh:

:ashamed:

TexasRN
10-03-2009, 02:57 PM
Yes. I missed you here AND live. :cry: Glad to have you back. Although there is a new guy who is "Dave from the UK". :laugh:

~Amy

MattHughesRocks
10-03-2009, 03:01 PM
Come back Dave, I did'nt get my last call in :sad:

VCURamFan
10-03-2009, 03:16 PM
Welcome back, Dave! Glad oyu had a good time. I just have one request:

When you're writing the story, do a bunch of short posts, spaced out over time. That'll give ADD people like me & Michelle a better chance of getting through it!!

Bonnie
10-03-2009, 03:32 PM
WELCOME BACK!!!! :)

Bonnie
10-03-2009, 03:34 PM

That's what happens when you let Denise go first. :laugh:

bradwright
10-03-2009, 03:43 PM

you went somewhere ?:blink:.....really ?:unsure-1:
well that explains the low post count lately i guess.:wink:

anyway Dave...tell us all about your trip... you can do it...dont be shy now.:)

adamt
10-03-2009, 04:20 PM

yeah with all six shots!!!! guess i'll have to wait til next year:wink:

j/k

odd thing is..... since you left i haven't had over 1 page of "new posts" since you left, when i normally have at least two pages of action and new results waiting for me. that's how slow it has been!

Tyburn
10-03-2009, 05:32 PM

:cry: I KNOW SUGAR PLUM!!!! :sad:

but there will always be next time :w00t:

Boomer
10-03-2009, 05:41 PM
Glad you made it back Dave and hope it was everything you expected!! :D Maybe a vlog or two instead of really long posts. haha ...

Tyburn
10-03-2009, 06:11 PM
Glad you made it back Dave and hope it was everything you expected!! :D Maybe a vlog or two instead of really long posts. haha ...

:laugh: Boomer, my dear fellow...why have one or tother...when ye can have
BOTH :ninja::laugh:

but first I shoud sleep....I thought I left DC this morning...but actually it was yesterday morning...which means...I havnt slept in...a couple of days perhaps :blink::unsure-1:

I wish I was still in America though :sad: Maybe I would be sitting in the Granite City Waffle House listening to the regular truckers moaning about driving....or maybe I would be sat outside of a BP Gas station at sunset eating a dominos pasta bowl on a little picknick table...perhaps i'd be getting lost following some dumbass map that that woman at mainstreet station should never have given me....or perhaps i'd be wandering the flea market on route66...or...well...you get the idea :cool:

Neezar
10-03-2009, 06:40 PM
Welcome back, Dave. :)

You have until tomorrow....then I start being mean to you again. :laugh:

Tyburn
10-03-2009, 06:47 PM
Welcome back, Dave. :)

You have until tomorrow....then I start being mean to you again. :laugh:

:blink: wow I just heard your voice in my head when reading that.....and I heard the macdonalds guy calling you in that little .... section too :ninja::laugh:

Chris F
10-03-2009, 07:01 PM
So did Mark hunt you down and tar and feather you? Hope you had a relaxing trip and are refreshed Dave. :)

Mac
10-03-2009, 07:23 PM
:laugh: Boomer, my dear fellow...why have one or tother...when ye can have
BOTH :ninja::laugh:

but first I shoud sleep....I thought I left DC this morning...but actually it was yesterday morning...which means...I havnt slept in...a couple of days perhaps :blink::unsure-1:

I wish I was still in America though :sad: Maybe I would be sitting in the Granite City Waffle House listening to the regular truckers moaning about driving....or maybe I would be sat outside of a BP Gas station at sunset eating a dominos pasta bowl on a little picknick table...perhaps i'd be getting lost following some dumbass map that that woman at mainstreet station should never have given me....or perhaps i'd be wandering the flea market on route66...or...well...you get the idea :cool:

i want to hear all about it dave . :)

Tyburn
10-03-2009, 07:25 PM
So did Mark hunt you down and tar and feather you? Hope you had a relaxing trip and are refreshed Dave. :)

:laugh: No Mark didnt find me :ninja:

Tyburn
10-03-2009, 07:26 PM
i want to hear all about it dave . :)

:laugh: all in good time Mac :w00t:

Mac
10-03-2009, 07:27 PM
:laugh: all in good time Mac :w00t:

Well hurrry up , Im heading to the deer stand in an hour !!!!!!:laugh:

logrus
10-03-2009, 07:36 PM
You were gone? :mellow:

Play The Man
10-03-2009, 08:06 PM

I think it would be the perfect time for him to launch "Teatime with Tyburn", a video log segment in which he sits down with a different variety of tea with each episode. He could educate his American viewers about British tea before he goes on to predictions, commentary, etc.

TexasRN
10-03-2009, 08:13 PM
I think it would be the perfect time for him to launch "Teatime with Tyburn", a video log segment in which he sits down with a different variety of tea with each episode. He could educate his American viewers about British tea before he goes on to predictions, commentary, etc.

:laugh: That sounds like a PBS show!

~Amy

Play The Man
10-03-2009, 08:16 PM
:laugh: That sounds like a PBS show!

~Amy

It seems like British Television uses PBS as a dumping ground for all their old programming.

TexasRN
10-03-2009, 08:19 PM
It seems like British Television uses PBS as a dumping ground for all their old programming.

Well I would watch Dave on American PBS. British PBS sounds stodgy.

~Amy

Tyburn
10-03-2009, 08:20 PM

:laugh: I'll still be here when you come back from...killing Bambi :unsure-1::laugh:

Mac...is it legal for you to hunt Sparrows? only...Chicago and Washington DC are CRAWLING with them...they actually have as a great an issue with sparrows as we do with pigeons in England...I have NEVER seen so many tiny little birds in all my life :blink:

Neezar
10-03-2009, 08:49 PM

You're late.

Play The Man
10-03-2009, 09:04 PM
:laugh: I'll still be here when you come back from...killing Bambi :unsure-1::laugh:

Mac...is it legal for you to hunt Sparrows? only...Chicago and Washington DC are CRAWLING with them...they actually have as a great an issue with sparrows as we do with pigeons in England...I have NEVER seen so many tiny little birds in all my life :blink:

If you were observing the House Sparrow, Passer domesticus, then you have to point the finger at England. In 1851, 100 birds from England were released in Brooklyn, NY and quickly multiplied to the millions that are present now.

Tyburn
10-03-2009, 09:55 PM
If you were observing the House Sparrow, Passer domesticus, then you have to point the finger at England. In 1851, 100 birds from England were released in Brooklyn, NY and quickly multiplied to the millions that are present now.

I have NEVER seen sparrows like that in England. I wonder if they perished during the Industrial Revolution. Chicago certainly seems to be a very big centre for them. I think the Pigeons moved into New York and might have driven the bulk of them firther into the Midwest. There are some in Washington DC..but the climate might not be as perfect for them as along the more northerly lattitude....in Washington the bird of choice seemed to be a cross between a thrush and a Starling...they were the birds who would swoop and steal your fries after you lifted them off the plate but before you could get them into your mouth :laugh: But the Sparrows were my favourite. Obviously all these cities suffered from Gulls and Geese also...and ducks...and the squirels were EVERYWHERE!!! all the grey squirels....in Iowa they had BLACK Squirels...I'm NOT kidding...I have never ever heard of a black squirel...but there was a nest of them in the twitchers suberb, afew streets further back from the river then MFS...I saw four of them in total over two days. :scared0015:

No wonder you all have to hunt...if thats URBAN wildlife...then one can only imagine the abundance of the swamps, or forrests, or moorland, or mountain.

Not sure much can be said for the desert and the cornfields...but never mind :laugh:

Play The Man
10-04-2009, 02:51 AM
I have NEVER seen sparrows like that in England. I wonder if they perished during the Industrial Revolution. Chicago certainly seems to be a very big centre for them. I think the Pigeons moved into New York and might have driven the bulk of them firther into the Midwest. There are some in Washington DC..but the climate might not be as perfect for them as along the more northerly lattitude....in Washington the bird of choice seemed to be a cross between a thrush and a Starling...they were the birds who would swoop and steal your fries after you lifted them off the plate but before you could get them into your mouth :laugh: But the Sparrows were my favourite. Obviously all these cities suffered from Gulls and Geese also...and ducks...and the squirels were EVERYWHERE!!! all the grey squirels....in Iowa they had BLACK Squirels...I'm NOT kidding...I have never ever heard of a black squirel...but there was a nest of them in the twitchers suberb, afew streets further back from the river then MFS...I saw four of them in total over two days. :scared0015:

No wonder you all have to hunt...if thats URBAN wildlife...then one can only imagine the abundance of the swamps, or forrests, or moorland, or mountain.

Not sure much can be said for the desert and the cornfields...but never mind :laugh:

There are a number of different sparrow species in North America, so it is possible that you were seeing sparrows that were not house sparrows. Do a quick internet search and you might be able to identify what you were seeing.

que
10-04-2009, 05:39 AM
i expect a full youtube report on this