PDA

View Full Version : Dana: Kimbo vs Roy "sucked"

que
10-02-2009, 11:01 PM
lol

“It’s hard to say why, but some people have it and some don’t, and Kimbo definitely does…. The fight (between Slice and Nelson) sucked. I wasn’t happy with any of the fights the first three weeks, to be honest. I was disappointed by the way we came out of the gate in terms of the fights. But the fights really get better. By episode 8, believe me when I tell you, you’re going to be going wild…. Hang in there, man. The season’s not over yet. Stay tuned is all I’ll tell you.”

http://mmamania.com/

logrus
10-02-2009, 11:19 PM
100% with him on that one. 100% disappointed with all the fights thus far.

KENTUCKYREDBONE
10-02-2009, 11:24 PM
I hate to but I think the main reason Dana didn't like the Roy vs Kimbo fight is caused his cash cow lost!

Shooter
10-03-2009, 07:25 PM
You know every season Dana says that "This was most wild, best season ever!!"

Would he ever say that a season was less than?

Dana" This season we start off with three really crappy fights featuing heavyweights so bad they almost all need life support once the fights are over and the only fighter to come in any kind of shape had a 300 lb guy sit on him and wipe the sweat from his brow for 2 rounds."

I wish he'd just say that but it'll never happen. He needs to sell us on watching. Especially after the last 3 weeks. Will the fights get better? Maybe but I tend to think not. I know I'm disappointed

Bonnie
10-03-2009, 08:29 PM
lol

“It’s hard to say why, but some people have it and some don’t, and Kimbo definitely does…. The fight (between Slice and Nelson) sucked. I wasn’t happy with any of the fights the first three weeks, to be honest. I was disappointed by the way we came out of the gate in terms of the fights. But the fights really get better. By episode 8, believe me when I tell you, you’re going to be going wild…. Hang in there, man. The season’s not over yet. Stay tuned is all I’ll tell you.”

http://mmamania.com/

Why, does he keep bringing Kimbo back 'til he finally knocks someone out? :wink:

J.B.
10-03-2009, 08:31 PM
Dana really is a piece of work. He talks so much that I am surprised that he has not hired an audio guy to just follow him around and record every word he says just to prevent him from contradicting himself.

He is still trying to force Kimbo down our throat even while bashing the very fight that he is proclaiming to have "sucked". :laugh:

Chuck
10-03-2009, 08:41 PM
Why, does he keep bringing Kimbo back 'til he finally knocks someone out? :wink:

Dana really is a piece of work. He talks so much that I am surprised that he has not hired an audio guy to just follow him around and record every word he says just to prevent him from contradicting himself.

He is still trying to force Kimbo down our throat even while bashing the very fight that he is proclaiming to have "sucked". :laugh:

Where do you 2 see it saying something about bringing Kimbo back???

Bonnie don't let your Kimbo/Dana hate cloud your thinking!! Hate leads to the Dark Side! :ninja:

J.B.
10-03-2009, 08:49 PM

Bonnie don't let your Kimbo/Dana hate cloud your thinking!! Hate leads to the Dark Side! :ninja:

You misunderstood my post. I said he is stuffing Kimbo down our throats because even while making a statement that bashes the fight, he is still saying that Kimbo has "IT", whatever that means...:unsure-1:

Also, I personally have no blind hatred for Dana, and not Kimbo either. In fact, when Kimbo was being courted by EXC and over-hyped I was one of the few people around here who stood up for Kimbo. I just don't think the guy is ever going to be a legit threat in the HW ranks of MMA. I don't hate Dana, I think he is a smart guy and has done a lot of great things, however I also think he needs to be called to task on a lot of things he says and does.

BTW, if you don't think they want to see Kimbo succeed you must have missed the previews for next weeks show.
I think the voice over went something like....."WITH AN INJURY IN THE HOUSE, ALL EYES TURN TO KIMBO SLICE". It's almost too perfect.

atomdanger
10-03-2009, 09:58 PM
100% with him on that one. 100% disappointed with all the fights thus far.

+1

Bonnie
10-03-2009, 11:49 PM

Rattlesnake
GO CARDINALS! Join Date: Jan 2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck

Bonnie don't let your Kimbo/Dana hate cloud your thinking!! Hate leads to the Dark Side!

You misunderstood my post. I said he is stuffing Kimbo down our throats because even while making a statement that bashes the fight, he is still saying that Kimbo has "IT", whatever that means...

Also, I personally have no blind hatred for Dana, and not Kimbo either. In fact, when Kimbo was being courted by EXC and over-hyped I was one of the few people around here who stood up for Kimbo. I just don't think the guy is ever going to be a legit threat in the HW ranks of MMA. I don't hate Dana, I think he is a smart guy and has done a lot of great things, however I also think he needs to be called to task on a lot of things he says and does.

BTW, if you don't think they want to see Kimbo succeed you must have missed the previews for next weeks show.
I think the voice over went something like....."WITH AN INJURY IN THE HOUSE, ALL EYES TURN TO KIMBO SLICE". It's almost too perfect.

:cry: It's too late Chuck, I've already gone over; where were you when I was sliding into the abyss? :scared0011: Just kidding! :laugh:

No really, Chuck, I'm like JB, I have no hate for Dana or Kimbo. Like JB mentions above, you must have missed the previews for the coming episode. I am suspicious now though of anything revolving around Kimbo because of Dana and his obvious ploys he has set in motion to get Kimbo in the UFC come hell or high water. I mean, really, I would have more respect for Dana if he just let Kimbo in the UFC without all this farce of going through the house. I don't think it's fair to the other guys in the house, what's going on. Just my opinion...:wink:

By the way, I think Kimbo physically looks great, maybe the best I've ever seen him.

You feel'n my luv now? :unsure-1:

:laugh:

J.B.
10-04-2009, 12:25 AM
You are spot on Bonnie.

It's not fair to the other guys in the house...Although, I feel weird talking in present tense when we all know that what we are watching has already happened...lol

Either way, Kimbo has clearly gotten special treatment and even though it's expected, it is a bit ridiculous. The last time I actually cared about TUF was when Hughes coached against Serra and I remember there being a big hubub about Hughes talking about a story from the Bible with his team. There were people who actually believed it was okay to take Bibles away from the fighters. Albeit, we don't care how much booze gets poured into the house, and how much SPIKE turns the sport into a sideshow. Those things don't matter, just entertain us, NOW! :rolleyes:

Really, TUF is ultimately BAD for the sport. It served it's purpose as a trojan horse and now it's time to abandon it. In fact, going out on the 10th season would actually be a positive note in the future IMO.

I will admit, I got suckered in to watching this season because of the beef between Rampage and Rashad, but now that I know Jackson is gone, it makes this whole thing hollow. I will probably follow the rest of the season, just because, but my excitement level is definitely WAY down right now.

Bonnie
10-04-2009, 12:42 AM
I'd love to see Matt coach again IF they (Dana and the brothers) were really serious about getting some quality fighters in there who have at least some experience and training already but just needs the chance to get into the BIG show.

I think this season is the worst so far from what we've seen. Of course, Dana does promise us something exciting by Episode 8. :laugh: So, I guess I'll be watching with you JB.

As for Rampage, I'm of like mind with Matt, I think he's being made promises by people that look good now, but...:wink: I just hope if he decides to come back it's not too late for his fighting career, if Dana and the boys let him come back (to the UFC).

J.B.
10-04-2009, 01:11 AM
I'd love to see Matt coach again IF they (Dana and the brothers) were really serious about getting some quality fighters in there who have at least some experience and training already but just needs the chance to get into the BIG show.

I think this season is the worst so far from what we've seen. Of course, Dana does promise us something exciting by Episode 8. :laugh: So, I guess I'll be watching with you JB.

As for Rampage, I'm of like mind with Matt, I think he's being made promises by people that look good now, but...:wink: I just hope if he decides to come back it's not too late for his fighting career, if Dana and the boys let him come back (to the UFC).

I have not read or heard Matt's statements on Rampage, so I cannot comment on that. However, I think it's accurate to say that Jackson's movie aspirations are likely bigger than he can realistically achieve.

Bonnie
10-04-2009, 01:17 AM
Matt mentions Rampage in this past week's blog on the front page and in the Matt forum.

Rampage can be really funny, but a little of that can go a long ways. He's kind of getting on my nerves this time around on TUF.

But, don't tell Chuck I said that, he'll think I'm hate'n on Rampage now. :laugh:

J.B.
10-04-2009, 02:34 AM
Matt mentions Rampage in this past week's blog on the front page and in the Matt forum.

Rampage can be really funny, but a little of that can go a long ways. He's kind of getting on my nerves this time around on TUF.

But, don't tell Chuck I said that, he'll think I'm hate'n on Rampage now. :laugh:

Don't worry about Chuck... he has the STEALERS to worry about! :):laugh:

Chuck
10-04-2009, 04:14 AM
Don't worry about Chuck... he has the STEALERS to worry about! :):laugh:

Oh no you didn't!!!!!!!!! :punch:

:D

Maldonado136
10-04-2009, 05:08 AM
"urijah faber would knock kimbo out"

after kimbo joins tuf

"kimbo could knock roy nelson dead!"

Neezar
10-04-2009, 05:08 AM

Don't listen to him, Bonnie! Come on over! :laugh:

Bonnie
10-04-2009, 05:22 AM

Chuck
10-04-2009, 05:34 AM

Denise - Chuck - Bonnie... :cool:

A Chuck sandwich..... I can dig it!!!!!!

rockdawg21
10-04-2009, 01:47 PM
So I have to wait 5 more weeks just to get a good fight?

Too bad, I was so hyped to see the heavyweights, but few of them came in shape, it really really sucks.

IMO, they should have a fitness test to determine whether or not the guys can even be allowed to be on the show. I sell library books for a living and work 60-70 hours a week and I'm in better shape than the majority of these professional fighters who get this opportunity. It's BS for us, the viewers, that we have to watch so many crap fights because the fighters aren't taking this opportunity seriously. The worst fight I've ever seen was week 2 with Shivers/McSweeney.

bradwright
10-04-2009, 11:56 PM

i have been watching your posts for a long time now about Kimbo and your honest lack of understanding as to why Dana is pushing Kimbo down our throats.....
well here it is in a nut shell....every other fighter that will ever make it to the UFC has to be able to fight first and foremost but with Kimbo he couldn't care less if he ever wins a fight or not,you see Dana has sat back and thought this thing over,he realizes Kimbo stands no chance with virtually any legit fighter in MMA today but there is something about this guy,whether you like him or hate him no one seems to be able to resist watching him to see what is going to happen next....its like a train wreck or a car accident that you just cant help but to stop and stare at for a while....well Dana's not stupid,he see's a revenue stream attached to everything Kimbo does right now and somebody is going to cash in on it and i'm sure he thinks it may as well be him.
but dont worry to much about it Bonnie because as soon as there is any sign of Kimbo's popularity coming to an end he will most definitely drop him like he has the plague and you will never hear his name spoken from Dana's lips ever again....but as long as people are willing to tune in just to see him...well...you will just have to wait it out.

Tyburn
10-05-2009, 12:07 AM
:unsure-1:

Do I dare say I aggree with Dana White?

You know the fights have been poor. I wasnt to impressed with Jon Madson, what he did was poor in character, and had he been at the HIT Squad the day I was there I would have asked him about it...because I just have absolutely no shame :laugh: The second bout was so bad that half way through round two it was less then half the sparring training ive seen on my tour, and the third fight, Roy Nelson did almost nothing against a Kimbo who is very much still in training...I was more impressed by Kimbo staving off the take-downs for the first half of the first round, then Roys inability to finish in round one, and stoppage in round two.

You know I went in hating Kimbo, and its taken him less then three weeks for me to think that he might be a little undressed in skills, but have you checked for his character lately? The UFC is begining to cotton onto the fact that good character can be a selling point. They found this out in the run up to Pulver/Faber1 in WEC, it was almost marketted on a pacifistic level with both men falling backwards to declare the others greatness. That attitude boosted Faber right when he needed it, and pushed Pulver beyond the ability to fail on the basis of public opinion. After that it really didnt matter if he lost.

Well Kimbo can pour it on for hype, which caught the UFCs attention no doubt...but did you hear his interview after he lost? He's about the only guy I care for in that house now...even if they dont let him into the UFC which they will do regardless of whether he wins or not I believe...he is in danger of being a good character...and it hasnt gone unnoticed...infact its as nottable as the absence of the same emminating from Madson...I went in thinking that he would have my provisional support on the basis of his gym association...but I remain in need of convincing that he's a good guy...and if he's not, then just like Jeremy Horn, (Before Andreas showed me the light :rolleyes:) I'll abandon him regardless of his connection :ninja:

Bonnie
10-05-2009, 12:47 AM
i have been watching your posts for a long time now about Kimbo and your honest lack of understanding as to why Dana is pushing Kimbo down our throats.....
well here it is in a nut shell....every other fighter that will ever make it to the UFC has to be able to fight first and foremost but with Kimbo he couldn't care less if he ever wins a fight or not,you see Dana has sat back and thought this thing over,he realizes Kimbo stands no chance with virtually any legit fighter in MMA today but there is something about this guy,whether you like him or hate him no one seems to be able to resist watching him to see what is going to happen next....its like a train wreck or a car accident that you just cant help but to stop and stare at for a while....well Dana's not stupid,he see's a revenue stream attached to everything Kimbo does right now and somebody is going to cash in on it and i'm sure he thinks it may as well be him.
but dont worry to much about it Bonnie because as soon as there is any sign of Kimbo's popularity coming to an end he will most definitely drop him like he has the plague and you will never hear his name spoken from Dana's lips ever again....but as long as people are willing to tune in just to see him...well...you will just have to wait it out.

My honest lack of understandnig, huh. :laugh:

You must have skipped over parts of my posts then because 1) I've stated that I don't hate Dana or Kimbo, and 2) I know exactly what DW is all about--money, honey. I have nothing against Kimbo Slice; he's just taking advantage of the opportunities Dana is giving him right now. It's the smart thing for him to do. As for Dana, he's a businessman, successful too; doesn't mean I have to agree with or admire the way he goes about things.

Sorry if my posts bothered you; I'm just giving my opinion(s) just like you and everyone else here. :wink:

Tyburn
10-05-2009, 01:38 AM

You must have skipped over parts of my posts then because 1) I've stated that I don't hate Dana or Kimbo, and 2) I know exactly what DW is all about--money, honey. I have nothing against Kimbo Slice; he's just taking advantage of the opportunities Dana is giving him right now. It's the smart thing for him to do. As for Dana, he's a businessman, successful too; doesn't mean I have to agree with or admire the way he goes about things.

Sorry if my posts bothered you; I'm just giving my opinion(s) just like you and everyone else here. :wink:

oh, dont mind him Bonnie :ashamed:

bradwright
10-05-2009, 04:02 AM

your posts dont bother me but after you asked a number of times why Dana would keep Kimbo around i thought some one should at least tell you.
now you know.

Bonnie
10-05-2009, 05:22 AM
your posts dont bother me but after you asked a number of times why Dana would keep Kimbo around i thought some one should at least tell you.
now you know.

I don't remember asking any time, let alone numerous, why Dana would keep Kimbo around. If you are referring to:

"Why, does he keep bringing Kimbo back 'til he finally knocks someone out?"

I wasn't asking why does he keep bringing Kimbo back... You ignored the "comma" after "Why". Dana said for us to stay tuned 'cause in Episode 8 something happens. I was being a little sarcastic (with humor) when I said the "bold" above: :wink:

The pause meant after the comma makes a big difference in how it reads. Or you can just read it without the "Why" :)

Tyburn
10-05-2009, 11:10 AM
I don't remember asking any time, let alone numerous, why Dana would keep Kimbo around. If you are referring to:

I wasn't asking why does he keep bringing Kimbo back... You ignored the "comma" after "Why". Dana said for us to stay tuned 'cause in Episode 8 something happens. I was being a little sarcastic (with humor) when I said the "bold" above: :wink:

The pause meant after the comma makes a big difference in how it reads. Or you can just read it without the "Why" :)

:laugh: Brad cant actually read :ashamed:

bradwright
10-06-2009, 12:13 AM

sorry for misinterpreting your post to mean something that you did not intend.
as you are pointing out my grasp of the english language is very much inferior to yours and i will refrain from commenting on anything you post in the future so i may keep my embarrassing comments to a minimum.
but i would like to take a moment and thank you for pointing out to me just how low my intelligence level really is....i have always known that i wasn't average mentally but i always thought i was just much smarter then everyone else but thanks to you Bonnie i now realize its my lack of intelligence that sets me apart from everyone else and for that i will always be in your debt.:)

bradwright
10-06-2009, 12:19 AM
:laugh: Brad cant actually read :ashamed:

i think she already figured that out Dave.:angry:....besides shouldn't you be uploading videos or something ?:ninja:

Bonnie
10-06-2009, 02:38 AM
sorry for misinterpreting your post to mean something that you did not intend.
as you are pointing out my grasp of the english language is very much inferior to yours and i will refrain from commenting on anything you post in the future so i may keep my embarrassing comments to a minimum.
but i would like to take a moment and thank you for pointing out to me just how low my intelligence level really is....i have always known that i wasn't average mentally but i always thought i was just much smarter then everyone else but thanks to you Bonnie i now realize its my lack of intelligence that sets me apart from everyone else and for that i will always be in your debt.:)

Oh, stop, already. Low intelligence my foot! :rolleyes: I really hope that's your Bradwright sense of humor (which I always enjoy) talking with everything you wrote after the first sentence. :tongue0011:

bradwright
10-06-2009, 03:12 AM
Oh, stop, already. Low intelligence my foot! :rolleyes: I really hope that's your Bradwright sense of humor (which I always enjoy) talking with everything you wrote after the first sentence. :tongue0011:

please Bonnie quit patronizing me....i get it already...you think i'm stupid,its okay because now that you pointed it out i agree with you.:sad:

Bonnie
10-06-2009, 03:26 AM
please Bonnie quit patronizing me....i get it already...you think i'm stupid,its okay because now that you pointed it out i agree with you.:sad:

Shall we be Dumb & Dumber and dance; I'll let you lead. Just don't step on my toes. :winking0071:

J.B.
10-06-2009, 04:44 AM

Tyburn
10-06-2009, 11:46 AM
i think she already figured that out Dave.:angry:....besides shouldn't you be uploading videos or something ?:ninja:

:laugh: I am!! they take hours to upload :mellow:

bradwright
10-07-2009, 02:46 AM

Shall we be Dumb & Dumber and dance; I'll let you lead. Just don't step on my toes. :winking0071:

what ? Dumb & Dumber ? I'll let you lead you say ?....are you trying to infer that i couldn't possibly be smart enough to be considered the Dumb one ? wow...when you go after someone you are truly relentless.
and just dont step on my toes you say ? it doesn't seem to be enough for you to just insult my intelligence or in your opinion the lack there of, you have to make cracks about me being over weight without ever laying eyes on me as well...you Bonnie are very cruel indeed.
let me tell you something Missy ! ! ! when it comes to my weight i'll have you know i'm 227 lbs of solid muscle...so there.......well maybe not solid muscle because if that were really true then i wouldn't have things like bones, or hair,or a brain......i know what you are thinking Bonnie..2 out of three ain't bad....just one question though......how did you know i dont have any hair ?:unsure-1:

Bonnie
10-07-2009, 03:55 AM
what ? Dumb & Dumber ? I'll let you lead you say ?....are you trying to infer that i couldn't possibly be smart enough to be considered the Dumb one ? wow...when you go after someone you are truly relentless.
and just dont step on my toes you say ? it doesn't seem to be enough for you to just insult my intelligence or in your opinion the lack there of, you have to make cracks about me being over weight without ever laying eyes on me as well...you Bonnie are very cruel indeed.
let me tell you something Missy ! ! ! when it comes to my weight i'll have you know i'm 227 lbs of solid muscle...so there.......well maybe not solid muscle because if that were really true then i wouldn't have things like bones, or hair,or a brain......i know what you are thinking Bonnie..2 out of three ain't bad....just one question though......how did you know i dont have any hair ?:unsure-1:

The only ? I have is can you lift me and dip me without dropping me? :unsure-1:

bradwright
10-07-2009, 04:01 AM
The only ? I have is can you lift me and dip me without dropping me? :unsure-1:

probably not.....seems i may not be smart enough for that.:blink::unsure-1::Whistle::ninja:

Bonnie
10-07-2009, 04:32 AM
probably not.....seems i may not be smart enough for that.:blink::unsure-1::Whistle::ninja:

You only need muscles. :Whistle: :laugh:

Speaking of muscles and getting this thread back on track...

Kimbo's got a lot of 'em. :jumping0042: