PDA

View Full Version : UFN *SPOILERS* ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK

matthughesfan21
02-08-2009, 12:49 AM
Veach WON!!!!!:w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

MATT GRICE VS. MATT VEACH

Round 1 - Veach with an early leg kick that connects, and once he tries to clinch, Grice hits him with a couple uppercuts. After a scramble, Veach gets the takedown and works from inside full guard. Veach delivers a steady stream of blows, but Grice works his way to feet while crawling up the cage with his back. Veach throws Grice to the mat and nearly locks in a choke, but Grice again gets back to his feet. The fighters clinch, and Grice connects on an uppercut and a subsequent blow that sends Veach staggering to the mat. Grice pours on the blows as Veach desperately tries to defend. The crowd stands and senses the finish, but Veach miracously holds on and ties up Grice. However, Grice soon secures mount. Veach reclaims guard, but Grice secures a guillotine when he tries to get back to his feet. Veach escapes, and we're back standing. Grice throws a glancing right that staggers Veach. But Veach throws a right that connects. The two fighters then stands toe and toe and swing wildly, each connecting with major power shots. Grice's legs buckle after abosrbing a huge right uppercut, and he falls to the mat. Veach follows with a series of punches to earn the come-from-behind TKO victory. Grice is upset about the stoppage and refuses to shake Veach's hand. While waiting for the decision, he continues to protest to the referee. Matt Veach def. Matt Grice via TKO (strikes) -- Round 1, 4:34.

rearnakedchoke
02-08-2009, 01:00 AM
I am calling Neer via DUI

gymcoach97
02-08-2009, 01:04 AM
Ah, you beat me to the fight result. I put a post up in the HIT Squad section. Oh well, Nate can take one of them down.

MMeh
02-08-2009, 02:12 AM
Major congrats to Matt Veach! :)

MattHughesRocks
02-08-2009, 02:58 AM
:laugh: I forgot about that. But I do still want him to win :(

I am calling Neer via DUI

matthughesfan21
02-08-2009, 03:04 AM
:laugh: I forgot about that. But I do still want him to win :(he already did

MattHughesRocks
02-08-2009, 03:16 AM
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e292/skysrock/Smileys/thdancing-2.gif

he already did

Jeval
02-08-2009, 03:40 AM
Congrats to Neer on the win but what a moron.:wacko:

Bonnie
02-08-2009, 04:09 AM
Congrats to Matt Veach and the HIT Squad!

Boy, talk about can take a lickn' and keep on kickn'! :punch: :w00t:

Although, I did think the ref was premature in his stoppage--he should have let Veach hit on him some more. :laugh:

Matt (Hughes that is) looked soooooo happy!!!

Bonnie
02-08-2009, 04:19 AM
I wanted Mac Danzig to win. :sad: I didn't care for Neer.

But, the Joe Lauzon fight was really good. Nice pace, kept it exciting and Joe won!

Boy, that Matt Veach can really take the hits. I thought for a minute there he might be done for, but, he wasn't! :)

Oh, and I really liked Cain V. He looked disappointed by how the fight ended and the fans booed a little when it was stopped, but really, I did think it was a done deal!

Overall, good fight night! :punch:

Champ2be
02-08-2009, 04:36 AM
Im calling it now Anthony Johnson will be a big threat to GSP. He is the spliting image of GSP only taller. With a few more years under his belt that guy is gonna be unstoppable. Near is a dick He totally ripped the Diaz brothers off w/ his "taunting". Wish Danzig would have pulled off the win. Guess it will be Diaz vs. Danzig now. And really glad Lauzon won. Oh and the Veach fight was stopped soooo premature even though I think it was headed that way anyway, but Veach was getting pounded way worse.

Chuck
02-08-2009, 04:40 AM
Im calling it now Anthony Johnson will be a big threat to GSP. He is the spliting image of GSP only taller. With a few more years under his belt that guy is gonna be unstoppable. Near is a dick He totally ripped the Diaz brothers off w/ his "taunting". Wish Danzig would have pulled off the win. Guess it will be Diaz vs. Danzig now. And really glad Lauzon won. Oh and the Veach fight was stopped soooo premature even though I think it was headed that way anyway, but Veach was getting pounded way worse.

I'd have to pretty much agree with all of that.... I think Rumble will be a threat sooner then 2 years if he keeps it up though..

I don't think he'll beat GSP... but I'd enjoy the fight that's for sure.

matthughesfan21
02-08-2009, 05:11 AM
anybody have a vid of veach fight, I didn't see it when they televised it

Bonnie
02-08-2009, 05:15 AM
I'd have to pretty much agree with all of that.... I think Rumble will be a threat sooner then 2 years if he keeps it up though..

I don't think he'll beat GSP... but I'd enjoy the fight that's for sure.

I thought his "tag" is "rebel"?

I sure would like to see him kick GSP's butt (don't tell Michelle :laugh: )!

MattHughesRocks
02-08-2009, 05:17 AM
Fat chance sista ;)

Bonnie
02-08-2009, 05:29 AM
Fat chance sista ;)

Me sorry! I could have "phrased" that more politely...

I would like to see him gently apply his foot to GSP's "lovely lovely humps"! :laugh:

MattHughesRocks
02-08-2009, 05:43 AM
He doesnt have any "humps":huh:

I would like to see him gently apply his foot to GSP's "lovely lovely humps"! :laugh:

bj44
02-08-2009, 05:53 AM
maybe physically he is threat to GSP but not skill wise. His ground skills are alomost non existent and Georges is a bjj black belt.

Bonnie
02-08-2009, 06:01 AM
He doesnt have any "humps":huh:

Michelle, I was singing to ya! Fergie's song..."my lovely lovely humps" or is it "my lovely lovely lumps"--might be both. :unsure-1:

Now's the time for you to use your "fingers-in-the-ears" Smiley 'cause I can't sing! :laugh:

matthughesfan21
02-08-2009, 06:06 AM
Michelle, I was singing to ya! Fergie's song..."my lovely lovely humps" or is it "my lovely lovely lumps"--might be both. :unsure-1:

Now's the time for you to use your "fingers-in-the-ears" Smiley 'cause I can't sing! :laugh:my lovely LADY humps....I don't think gsp has lovely LADY humps:laugh:

Primadawn
02-08-2009, 06:12 AM
my lovely LADY humps....I don't think gsp has lovely LADY humps:laugh:

Judging from some of our recent threads, I would say that there are those who would argue that point with you...:laugh:

matthughesfan21
02-08-2009, 06:13 AM
Judging from some of our recent threads, I would say that there are those who would argue that point with you...:laugh:if you want to say he has lovely humps, i'll take your word for it, I don't roll that way...but to have LADY humps, that would be a little screwy:wacko:

Primadawn
02-08-2009, 06:20 AM
if you want to say he has lovely humps, i'll take your word for it, I don't roll that way...but to have LADY humps, that would be a little screwy:wacko:

I was making reference to the gynecomastia hoo-ha that's been going on..guess it wasn't an obvious enough reference! :laugh:

Bonnie
02-08-2009, 06:28 AM
my lovely LADY humps....I don't think gsp has lovely LADY humps:laugh:

Don't quibble! So I paraphrased! I was TRYING to be more sensitive to Michelle's inner gsp feelings. :laugh:

atomdanger
02-08-2009, 07:16 AM
Veech looked good, needs work but looked very tough, good fight.

I hate Neer, his attitude and the way he acts are horrible,
I was really hoping Danzig was going to win that one.

Joe Louzan looked great, just sort of outmatched Stephens.

Didn't anybody notice Cain wearing the banned CAGE FIGHTER shorts?
I wonder if he is in trouble for that???
Either way lackluster performance on his part IMO

I was surprised Gleison Tibau beat Clementi, well done.

and happy to see Riddle won again.

Tyburn
02-08-2009, 08:08 AM

:laugh: Bonnie, you have such a way with words :frantics:

I didnt bother to stay up to watch it last night....I cant do that every weekend...especially not when these things are reapeated earlier on a Sunday hahahaha

Sooo I'll watch it tonight and tell you what I think of it then

Jason 16
02-08-2009, 08:38 AM
What about Kurt?

billwilliams70
02-08-2009, 08:49 AM
I've kinda lost track of who won with all the lovely lady lump humps.

:laugh:

Later.

atomdanger
02-08-2009, 08:54 AM
What about Kurt?
Kurt Pellegrino defeats Rob Emerson via submission (rear naked choke) in round two

cubsfan47
02-08-2009, 01:39 PM
I wish that more of the so-called "undercard" fights could be shown. Of course the tradeoff is that the program could get to be very long. Oh well, it looks like they will be available for download on monday. I am one of those who always gets the DVDs from Amazon when they come out mainly to get the undercards.

How often do fighters come back from two successive UFC losses? I am thinking here mainly about Mac Danzig. That's got to be very tough on an emotional level not too mention the physical letdown.

It did look like the refs were erring on the side of caution. Was this just the particular refs or was there a policy decision made somewhere?

Tyburn
02-08-2009, 02:03 PM
I wish that more of the so-called "undercard" fights could be shown. Of course the tradeoff is that the program could get to be very long. Oh well, it looks like they will be available for download on monday. I am one of those who always gets the DVDs from Amazon when they come out mainly to get the undercards.

How often do fighters come back from two successive UFC losses? I am thinking here mainly about Mac Danzig. That's got to be very tough on an emotional level not too mention the physical letdown.

It did look like the refs were erring on the side of caution. Was this just the particular refs or was there a policy decision made somewhere?
Its usually three strike system in effect within the UFC at least. I dont like Danzig so I dont really care what happens to him. Each Ref does have their own personal style, some make a habit or erring on the side of caution, some turn blind eyes, and some dont notice when Corey Hill got his leg quite litterally snapped. :rolleyes:

Champ2be
02-08-2009, 02:24 PM
maybe physically he is threat to GSP but not skill wise. His ground skills are alomost non existent and Georges is a bjj black belt.

Thats why I said give him two years. And how do you know his ground game is non existent anyway, he has'nt had the chance to show them yet b/c he is always Ko'ing guys. I dont know about his BJJ, but his wrestling is good.

maxumII
02-08-2009, 02:46 PM

No, it's "Rumble".

Primadawn
02-08-2009, 02:47 PM
I'm a bit worried for Danzig too. He's lost 2 in a row to guys who are not really highly ranked. Tough guys, don't get me wrong, but it's not like he just lost to the #1 and #2 contenders...

I like him. I'll be sad if they cut him, but I bet they do...

maxumII
02-08-2009, 02:51 PM
I hated Mac on the show. His arrogance towards others was annoying. He isn't ready for the big show and it showed last night.

Josh
02-08-2009, 03:18 PM
Great fights last night. I was hoping that Neer would lose and Riddle too but oh well. Glad to see Veech win and I really liked his interview. I hate when a guy gets dropped and says it didn't hurt him. I think he said that Grice hits hard or something like that. Glad to see Tibeau win too. Lauzon looked great. Can't wait to se his next one. I would be interested in a Lauzon/Diaz fight. Cain looked good. I would like to see him fight someone a little better to see how he stacks up.

Tyburn
02-08-2009, 03:52 PM
I hated Mac on the show. His arrogance towards others was annoying. He isn't ready for the big show and it showed last night.
:laugh: thats pretty much where my dislike of him stems from aswell :unsure:

Jeval
02-08-2009, 04:10 PM
I had a laugh during the Danzig/Neer fight. Once when Neer was on the bottom he tried to punch Danzing but actually punched himself in the face. :punch:
How is that scored?:laugh:

Krupp
02-08-2009, 04:12 PM
At least Joe won. I'm happy about that. I was worried when he had to fight Hermes, but When Jeremy took his place I was not coforted, having remembered his fight with Spencer Fisher. I honestly thought Joe was gonna get beat badly. I'm glad that didn't happen. He's still one of my favorite fighters.

Country Breakfast
02-08-2009, 04:25 PM
Veech looked good, needs work but looked very tough, good fight.

I hate Neer, his attitude and the way he acts are horrible,
I was really hoping Danzig was going to win that one.

Joe Louzan looked great, just sort of outmatched Stephens.

Didn't anybody notice Cain wearing the banned CAGE FIGHTER shorts?
I wonder if he is in trouble for that???
Either way lackluster performance on his part IMO

I was surprised Gleison Tibau beat Clementi, well done.

and happy to see Riddle won again.

Yeah, I picked Neer to win and before the fight, I wanted Neeer to win. But during the fight I started hoping he would get Ko'd because of the way he was acting.

Tyburn
02-08-2009, 04:54 PM
I had a laugh during the Danzig/Neer fight. Once when Neer was on the bottom he tried to punch Danzing but actually punched himself in the face. :punch:

Poor Josh :unsure-1:

I get the feeling people dont like him much...I know there was a message on his profile on myspace saying in less then polite terms not to add him...but whats the point in having one if you dont let anyone add you :blink: So I ignored his warning, and I've added him anyhow :w00t: ...hope he accepts :ninja:

ufcfan2
02-08-2009, 05:02 PM
ehh, Mac lost to Clay who did the samething to Nate..Lay n Hold on technique(I like clay but its painfull to watch sometimes). He's lost 2 in a row,but I don't think they were lopsided losses,though he needs to win his next fight to stay in the UFC. I was hopin Danzig would put Neers teeth thru his head just did'nt care for Neers attitude..
Rumble looked good as usual I like to see him against a tougher opponant to see what hes got.
Cain looked really good and he very well could be the next big thing.
Joe looked good and it was a very entertaining fight to watch. I like to think this puts him closer to another titleshot...Maybe fight Tyson next or even Clay..

Krupp
02-08-2009, 05:23 PM
Yeah, Cain is excellent for a fighter with only five fights to his name...I'm really impressed with what I've seen so far from him.

lc87
02-08-2009, 05:44 PM
Veech took a bigger pounding but grice looked to be out cold when he hit the mat then came too enough to put his arms up. I think it wouldn't have mattered. I think it was the begining of the end for grice

atomdanger
02-08-2009, 07:03 PM

I am sure Mac will be in the UFC still.

Not only was one of his losses a lame decision, but he wasn't getting handled the whole time this fight, I thought his striking looked great.

atomdanger
02-08-2009, 07:05 PM
Yeah, I picked Neer to win and before the fight, I wanted Neeer to win. But during the fight I started hoping he would get Ko'd because of the way he was acting.

Yeah, He has been hanging out with Nick Diaz

Jeval
02-08-2009, 10:01 PM

I get the feeling people dont like him much...I know there was a message on his profile on myspace saying in less then polite terms not to add him...but whats the point in having one if you dont let anyone add you :blink: So I ignored his warning, and I've added him anyhow :w00t: ...hope he accepts :ninja:

if you are able to watch the fight again it happens at about 3:05 in the second round. Its not a huge blow. Just funny.

atomdanger
02-08-2009, 10:04 PM

Did you look at his last login? It was like 10 months ago.
I don't think he will be checking his myspace anytime soon.

Tyburn
02-08-2009, 11:10 PM
They've delayed the replay of UFN for golf :angry:

might not start for another hour yet :rolleyes:

Tyburn
02-08-2009, 11:11 PM
Did you look at his last login? It was like 10 months ago.
I don't think he will be checking his myspace anytime soon.
:laugh: of course I looked at his last login...but that wont stop me trying. :)

Tyburn
02-08-2009, 11:12 PM
if you are able to watch the fight again it happens at about 3:05 in the second round. Its not a huge blow. Just funny.
I'll watch it as soon as Setanta shows the replay...and I'll let you know my verdict :ninja:

Tyburn
02-09-2009, 12:15 AM
lets begin with Johnson...first round, not sure if Luigi was just rearranging his cup or something...but Johnson wondered if he'd scored a low blow, and there was a nice exchange of pleasentries between the pair...the Ref was nowhere to be seen.

unfortunatley Luigi is LESS impressive with his obvious lowblow...Thats TWO in the first round...I'm counting, because I'm :angry: about the accidents some of these fighters are having! You'll see an artical about it very shortly from me on MMAHitPit.

Johnson got good revenge though. Quite possibly fight of the night :)

medic92
02-09-2009, 12:35 AM

I'm glad I wasn't the only one that spotted that. I was laughing too, but didn't consider how it was scored. :)

Watching the postfight interview, I couldn't help but wonder why a guy whose nickname is "The Dentist" doesn't go see one to get his own teeth fixed...

Tyburn
02-09-2009, 12:37 AM
What is wrong with Neers left arm?? Why does he keep doing...that! He keeps dropping his left arm...no wonder he's been floored by Danzig in the last mo of the last round...he keeps drawing circles with that arm...its a bum arm methinks.

wouldnt touch gloves start of round two...Neer needs to stop hitting the back of the head when Danzig is in his guard...and id like to know WHAT Josh was muttering in the mo before the submission victory :ninja:

maxumII
02-09-2009, 12:42 AM
ehh, Mac lost to Clay who did the samething to Nate..Lay n Hold on technique(I like clay but its painfull to watch sometimes). He's lost 2 in a row,but I don't think they were lopsided losses,though he needs to win his next fight to stay in the UFC. I was hopin Danzig would put Neers teeth thru his head just did'nt care for Neers attitude..
Rumble looked good as usual I like to see him against a tougher opponant to see what hes got.
Cain looked really good and he very well could be the next big thing.
Joe looked good and it was a very entertaining fight to watch. I like to think this puts him closer to another titleshot...Maybe fight Tyson next or even Clay..

I was referring to Macs attitude on TUF. He thought he was better than everyone. He was an arrogant prick. He's no where near as good as he thinks he is. Was it Kid Rock that said, "it's not cocky if you can back it up"? (or something like that)

Tyburn
02-09-2009, 01:09 AM
:mellow: bloody hell, Grice looks like a young Jens Pulver :blink: :blink:

Grice was out at the end, it was only a split second, but he was absolutely out.

Matt Veach looks..anxious during the post fight interview...he's gonna burst into tears if he aint careful...blessssssss :unsure-1:

Spiritwalker
02-09-2009, 01:14 AM
What is wrong with Neers left arm?? Why does he keep doing...that! He keeps dropping his left arm...no wonder he's been floored by Danzig in the last mo of the last round...he keeps drawing circles with that arm...its a bum arm methinks.

Your not serious are you?

wouldnt touch gloves start of round two...Neer needs to stop hitting the back of the head when Danzig is in his guard...and id like to know WHAT Josh was muttering in the mo before the submission victory :ninja:

Well.. I was a fan of Neer's until last night. But not touching gloves.. I don't know that I would want to either.. but if someone offered... I guess I wouldn't say no. But We all have to know that a touch of gloves is not needed, not would it be 'illegal" to blast someone when they went for the touch.. not very sportsmanlike.. but not a point deduction..

Tyburn
02-09-2009, 01:19 AM
1)Your not serious are you?

2) Well.. I was a fan of Neer's until last night. But not touching gloves.. I don't know that I would want to either.. but if someone offered... I guess I wouldn't say no. But We all have to know that a touch of gloves is not needed, not would it be 'illegal" to blast someone when they went for the touch.. not very sportsmanlike.. but not a point deduction..
1) Deadly...didnt you see him?? start of the first round he's making circles with it, as if he's shaking it out or something...then he starts to lower it, and he's not using it so much...might have been just cramp...but it looked like at the start it was causing him an issue...and yes, he has very low hands indeed...mindue dont suppose it matters with his chin! he seems to be perfectly at home just eating punches :blink:

2) no its not a low blow...its just bad manners :laugh:

Spiritwalker
02-09-2009, 01:22 AM
1) Deadly...didnt you see him?? start of the first round he's making circles with it, as if he's shaking it out or something...then he starts to lower it, and he's not using it so much...might have been just cramp...but it looked like at the start it was causing him an issue...and yes, he has very low hands indeed...mindue dont suppose it matters with his chin! he seems to be perfectly at home just eating punches :blink:

2) no its not a low blow...its just bad manners :laugh:

I saw him.. it was just poor attempts to distract and incite.. just really lame. Nothing wrong with that arm.

Tyburn
02-09-2009, 01:29 AM
:cry: wish they wouldnt keep talking about Jens during the Lauzon fight :angry:

LOL is it me, or did during the rounds someone ask how Lauzon felt and he said "I feel sick" :huh:

Feel abit sorry for Jeremy :sad:

Jeval
02-09-2009, 01:29 AM
I was referring to Macs attitude on TUF. He thought he was better than everyone. He was an arrogant prick. He's no where near as good as he thinks he is. Was it Kid Rock that said, "it's not cocky if you can back it up"? (or something like that)

I agree that is how he came off but I wonder if that was how he was really acting or the work of the editors. Also, from what I remembered he didn't have much time for some of the guys in the house and rightfully so considering that half of them were a bunch of whining cry babies.

P.S. I am not a huge Danzig fan.:unsure-1:

Tyburn
02-09-2009, 01:30 AM
I saw him.. it was just poor attempts to distract and incite.. just really lame. Nothing wrong with that arm.
:huh: how do you know? Not like an MFSer to showboat :unsure-1:

Spiritwalker
02-09-2009, 02:10 AM
:huh: how do you know? Not like an MFSer to showboat :unsure-1:

Cause I have seen many goof balls doing the same thing.. I even flick my wrist and wait to see if the eyes twitch..

and yeah.. that's why I was shocked with Josh..

Tyburn
02-09-2009, 02:31 AM
Cause I have seen many goof balls doing the same thing.. I even flick my wrist and wait to see if the eyes twitch..

and yeah.. that's why I was shocked with Josh..
:scared0015: You showboat...but take offense at Josh doing it :huh:

I just thought he was hurt and that he had bad manners in the second round. :mellow:

VCURamFan
02-09-2009, 02:33 AM
:scared0015: You showboat...but take offense at Josh doing it :huh:

I just thought he was hurt and that he had bad manners in the second round. :mellow:No, he's saying that he'll twitch his wrist (i.e. fake a punch) and see if/how his opponent reacts.

Tyburn
02-09-2009, 02:34 AM
No, he's saying that he'll twitch his wrist (i.e. fake a punch) and see if/how his opponent reacts.
Yes...but Josh wasnt really doing that...he wasnt like faking a punch, he was...well it was very odd :blink:

Bonnie
02-09-2009, 04:41 AM

No, Dave, his arm wasn't hurt; he was just being a punk! At least, that's how that came off to me--reminded me of Rashad who I also don't care for. I wasn't a big Danzig fan while he was on TUF, but, I did want him to win, not Neer. I didn't realize Neer was with MFS.

bj44
02-09-2009, 07:11 AM
Neer looked like a less skillfull version of Nick Diaz out there.

Johnson, Cain, Lauzon, and especially Tibau looked great. You can watch his fight on ufc.com.

Tyburn
02-09-2009, 10:55 AM
:unsure-1: Well I just thought it was strange and he had arm issues or something...guess I cant really spot these things if they are that subtle :laugh: