10-01-2009, 02:29 AM
Ok let's hear it east coasters!

County Mike
10-01-2009, 02:48 AM
Ok let's hear it east coasters!

Starts in about 15 minutes.

Llamafighter
10-01-2009, 03:13 AM
So far Kimbo has done some running, Rashad is building Roy's "self made" personae. Rampage and Jardine reunite and actually seem to get along pretty good. Rampage and McSweeney almost get into it. Rashad calls Rampage out on always using the "bad breath" joke..

Llamafighter
10-01-2009, 03:22 AM
Kimbo training to get out of the bottom. A lot of material being thrown at Kimbo coaches are weary
Rampage makes a million jokes about Nelson's belly. "I bet he ain't seen his lil friend in a long time" is pretty funny. plus " how does he aim when he pee".
Roy and tyeam Rashad sitting arounf pool and Roy is throwing advice to the other guys. Nice tip about when ya got a guy in a crucifix. count your unanswered punches outloud to the ref. whether they're doing damage the ref has to acknowledge that they are landing in quanity.
Wes Shivers encourages Kimbo.
Kimbo is very likable and humble. the quiet worker.

MattHughesRocks
10-01-2009, 03:23 AM
Oh, I just need to know who wins asap :laugh:

MattHughesRocks
10-01-2009, 03:25 AM
So it actually comes on at 10:00? I forget. The guide on the TV says TUF at 8,9 and 10 o' clock :blink:

Llamafighter
10-01-2009, 03:29 AM
Marcus Jones' knee is shot. He and Rampage get into it. sorting it out.
Rampage asks him "you on your period" Marcus apologizes.
Jones is a big baby (self admitted) he's a passionate gardner
Kimbo and he are like Martin and Lewis

Llamafighter
10-01-2009, 03:30 AM
So it actually comes on at 10:00? I forget. The guide on the TV says TUF at 8,9 and 10 o' clock :blink:

Shoulf be 10. the replayed last week at 9

Llamafighter
10-01-2009, 03:36 AM
Everyone is talking bout Kimbo. getting everyone's opinion (all the stuff from the preview)
this section is all on the UFC youtube page.

Llamafighter
10-01-2009, 03:39 AM
Prefight! Kimbo is a workhorse. I got a whole new respect for him

MattHughesRocks
10-01-2009, 03:40 AM
Cool. I have time to go shopping. That's really why I wanted to know :laugh:

Shoulf be 10. the replayed last week at 9

Llamafighter
10-01-2009, 03:44 AM
Cool. I have time to go shopping. That's really why I wanted to know :laugh:

It's a solid episode and from now on I go silent as not to ruin the outcome:ninja:

TexasRN
10-01-2009, 03:57 AM
:scared0015::ninja:

~Amy

Llamafighter
10-01-2009, 04:01 AM
Roy Nelson is a tool. NOT IMPRESSIVE AT ALL. Matt should show him how to finish in Crucifix
preview for next week...Jones might be out and Kimbo back in

logrus
10-01-2009, 04:01 AM
Mad props to those video editors lol.

rockdawg21
10-01-2009, 04:06 AM
Mad props to those video editors lol.
It's the rematch later in the episodes, just wait and see...Kimbo will let his hands go next time.

Neezar
10-01-2009, 04:06 AM
Nelson still sucks. :laugh:

bj44
10-01-2009, 04:10 AM
Rampages jokes about nelson had me pissing myself

rockdawg21
10-01-2009, 04:12 AM
Nelson still sucks. :laugh:
That was crap. I agree with Dana 100%.

Max
10-01-2009, 04:19 AM
I came away more impressed with Kimbo than I did with Nelson.

and Rampage talking about how fat Nelson is might have been some of the best lines in TUF history.

Straight Right
10-01-2009, 04:26 AM
Nelson was overly impressed by his own performance, glad to see Dana saw the fight for what it was.

TKO? Please...

Roy didn't really inflict any real damage to Kimbo, just submission by fatness. He simply used his girth to render Kimbo immobile. Not sure I'd call that much of a victory. Hope Kimbo gets to fight again. I'm curious to see how Roy matches up to someone with better take down defense.

Llamafighter
10-01-2009, 04:26 AM
I came away more impressed with Kimbo than I did with Nelson.

and Rampage talking about how fat Nelson is might have been some of the best lines in TUF history.

Hahahaha! Nelson looked like crap and Kimbo actuallly will gain more MMA fans

rockdawg21
10-01-2009, 04:32 AM
Nelson was overly impressed by his own performance, glad to see Dana saw the fight for what it was.

TKO? Please...

Roy didn't really inflict any real damage to Kimbo, just submission by fatness. He simply used his girth to render Kimbo immobile. Not sure I'd call that much of a victory. Hope Kimbo gets to fight again. I'm curious to see how Roy matches up to someone with better take down defense.
LOL, this is by far the truth! :laugh:

Chuck
10-01-2009, 04:35 AM

TKO? Please...

This post is pure perfection...... :rolleyes:

Bonnie
10-01-2009, 04:36 AM
That was crap. I agree with Dana 100%.

First let me say, I wasn't rooting for either one, whoever won won. Now, you know what I think is crap? Dana saying what he said. There have been quite a few crappy fights on that show that would put this one way down on the list in my opinion.

Dana just wanted Kimbo to win and when he didn't, he starts spouting that crap that he did making it sound like Roy didn't do shyte! Maybe Roy wasn't hitting Kimbo as hard as he could, I don't know. I do know he brought him to the ground both rounds and got him in a crucifix both rounds and was hitting him. He's not the first (and won't be the last) heavyweight with a big fat belly.

Roy won the fight and Dana basically trashes him. I'd like for Roy to get Dana on the ground in a crucifix and hit him like he did Kimbo and then have Dana tell us if it feels like he was being "hit by his daughter".

What's with all the deferential treatment towards Kimbo Slice? First, Rampage, then Dana and then I see Herb Dean taking Kimbo's hand in both of his and doing the little bow thing. Plus, Herb Dean gave Kimbo way more time (than I think he might have given another fighter say Roy if he had been on the bottom) both rounds to try to "work" before finally ending the fight in the second round.

I'm glad that Roy won now. So there Dana!:punch:

MMeh
10-01-2009, 04:37 AM
Kimbo actually fared much better than I thought he would. If it had stayed on the feet, Kimbo would have won it. He needs to be in a camp that works on his takedown defense, and while I don't think he'll ever get to the upper echelon of the HW division, I think he'll carve out a good niche for himself in the middle tier of HW

bj44
10-01-2009, 04:38 AM
alot of people here love tim sylvia despite his disgusting physical appearence.... give big country some love lol

Bonnie
10-01-2009, 04:46 AM

TKO? Please...

Gee, you think maybe he was happy he won the fight especially with all the hoopla over wonderful dazzling fighter Kimbo Slice. And in light of Dana's not so subtle disappointment that he had won and not Kimbo.

By the previews they showed for the next episode, Dana's already gearing up to get Kimbo back in the game at the first opportunity. :wink: Wonder how the other guys in the house feel about Dana's pet (as in teacher's...)?

J.B.
10-01-2009, 05:08 AM
Nelson did not help his cause when he asked for a double whopper...:rolleyes:

Seriously, Roy catches a lot of flack for his physique, which probably contributes to his semi-cocky attitude in some ways, but I think it's fair to say he has paid his dues in the sport and deserves to be where he is.

With that being said, his performance was not supremely impressive, and clearly a little on the safe side, but he was also coming off a KO loss in his last fight so he probably felt the need to play it safe and secure the victory given the magnitude of the fight against a guy with Kimbo's popularity.

Credit to Kimbo though, he definitely has a great attitude, and regardless of what happens on the show, Kimbo will fight in the UFC.

Bonnie
10-01-2009, 05:19 AM
Nelson did not help his cause when he asked for a double whopper...:rolleyes:

Seriously, Roy catches a lot of flack for his physique, which probably contributes to his semi-cocky attitude in some ways, but I think it's fair to say he has paid his dues in the sport and deserves to be where he is.

With that being said, his performance was not supremely impressive, and clearly a little on the safe side, but he was also coming off a KO loss in his last fight so he probably felt the need to play it safe and secure the victory given the magnitude of the fight against a guy with Kimbo's popularity.

Credit to Kimbo though, he definitely has a great attitude, and regardless of what happens on the show, Kimbo will fight in the UFC.

I agree, credit to Kimbo for his positive attitude. At the end where he's talking about trying to learn and improve in mma and not giving up, I was thinking "Good attitude, keep training and learning and go for it!". Dana just got my back up; what he said just hit me wrong especially given his clear favoritism since he first made the big INTRO of Kimbo at the beginning of the show. :wink:

rockdawg21
10-01-2009, 05:20 AM
First let me say, I wasn't rooting for either one, whoever won won. Now, you know what I think is crap? Dana saying what he said. There have been quite a few crappy fights on that show that would put this one way down on the list in my opinion.

Dana just wanted Kimbo to win and when he didn't, he starts spouting that crap that he did making it sound like Roy didn't do shyte! Maybe Roy wasn't hitting Kimbo as hard as he could, I don't know. I do know he brought him to the ground both rounds and got him in a crucifix both rounds and was hitting him. He's not the first (and won't be the last) heavyweight with a big fat belly.

Roy won the fight and Dana basically trashes him. I'd like for Roy to get Dana on the ground in a crucifix and hit him like he did Kimbo and then have Dana tell us if it feels like he was being "hit by his daughter".

What's with all the deferential treatment towards Kimbo Slice? First, Rampage, then Dana and then I see Herb Dean taking Kimbo's hand in both of his and doing the little bow thing. Plus, Herb Dean gave Kimbo way more time (than I think he might have given another fighter say Roy if he had been on the bottom) both rounds to try to "work" before finally ending the fight in the second round.

There was nothing on the punches, and all Roy did was, as quoted by "Straight Right"
didn't really inflict any real damage to Kimbo, just submission by fatness. He simply used his girth to render Kimbo immobile.
Granted, Nelson won, but Straight Right nailed it right on the button.

que
10-01-2009, 05:31 AM
i see nothing wrong with asking for a double whopper with cheese when kimbo use to publicize his desire for bread after every win. and heck yeah i would be excited too if i just beat kimbo. i would probably do a backflip and land on my face like gsp, or a double-triple breakdance swirl

Bonnie
10-01-2009, 05:38 AM
There was nothing on the punches, and all Roy did was, as quoted by "Straight Right"

Granted, Nelson won, but Straight Right nailed it right on the button.

Roy took Kimbo to the ground both rounds and used his arms and hands, not his belly, to stretch Kimbo's arms out in the crucifix, using his leg to hold down one arm and his other hand on Kimbo's other arm. His belly is a part of his body so naturally that's going to figure in his favor when he's on the top just as it would probably hinder him if he's on the bottom.

Like someone said, if it had stayed standing, there's a good chance Kimbo would have knocked him out, but it didn't, and Roy won. :)

Max
10-01-2009, 05:56 AM

there have been a lot of ****ty fights on TUF but the difference between this one and those, and what I think really pissed Dana off, was the fact that Nelson acted like he had the most impressive fight ever. There is nothing wrong with being happy you won but Nelson acted like he just tooled Ferguson and that was not the case. As for the punches, they sucked, had he put anything behind them the fight would have been over in the first. I am glad Herb did not stop it in the first.

Bonnie
10-01-2009, 06:13 AM
there have been a lot of ****ty fights on TUF but the difference between this one and those, and what I think really pissed Dana off, was the fact that Nelson acted like he had the most impressive fight ever. There is nothing wrong with being happy you won but Nelson acted like he just tooled Ferguson and that was not the case. As for the punches, they sucked, had he put anything behind them the fight would have been over in the first. I am glad Herb did not stop it in the first.

I totally agree with what y'all are saying about those punches. But, if you saw the first episode where Dana makes this big production when he brings Kimbo in, it didn't set to well with Roy if you remember his reaction. I think (and I might be totally off on this) that the way Roy acted tonight had something to do with the way Dana set all this up with Kimbo from the beginning. You know, a "so there, I won or look at me now" kind of thing. I haven't ever seen him fight before so I don't know how he usually acts when he wins.

Everybody is acting like he just laid on top of Kimbo and did nothing else. I notice no one gave him any respect for those punches he took either. Those looked like they did hurt which is why I'm assuming he took it to the ground which was the smart thing to do, and a part of his gameplan if I'm not mistaken. :wink:

MattHughesRocks
10-01-2009, 06:25 AM
Dude, it says "spoiler" in the thread. If someone complains tell them to shut up.

It's a solid episode and from now on I go silent as not to ruin the outcome:ninja:

KENTUCKYREDBONE
10-01-2009, 07:08 AM
It don't matter who Roy beats or how he beats them some of the Folks on here are gonna hate him! Personally I'm getting tired of the fat jokes. I guess that's one thing your still allowed to insult. Being fat! Despite what some say I'm convinced that alot of the Roy Nelson hate is because of his bad physique! He done just what he needed to do. He took a Superior striker down and dominated on the ground. While those punches weren't big knock out punches Roy was hitting Kimbo over and over! I didn't see Kimbo intelligently defending himself when Roy was hitting him! As for Kimbo's performance I have seen video's of him on line and this was the best Kimbo I've seen! It looked like he's actually been training and learning stuff. So while Roy ain't yet ready for the likes of Brock,Mir and such like he DID EARN this victory! So It ain't gonna kill Folks to give the fat guy a break! I bet if he somehow cured AIDS some of Y'All would still hate him for not looking like an athlete!

Bonnie
10-01-2009, 07:19 AM
It don't matter who Roy beats or how he beats them some of the Folks on here are gonna hate him! Personally I'm getting tired of the fat jokes. I guess that's one thing your still allowed to insult. Being fat! Despite what some say I'm convinced that alot of the Roy Nelson hate is because of his bad physique! He done just what he needed to do. He took a Superior striker down and dominated on the ground. While those punches weren't big knock out punches Roy was hitting Kimbo over and over! I didn't see Kimbo intelligently defending himself when Roy was hitting him! As for Kimbo's performance I have seen video's of him on line and this was the best Kimbo I've seen! It looked like he's actually been training and learning stuff. So while Roy ain't yet ready for the likes of Brock,Mir and such like he DID EARN this victory! So It ain't gonna kill Folks to give the fat guy a break! I bet if he somehow cured AIDS some of Y'All would still hate him for not looking like an athlete!

:sign0011:

To quote RD, you "nailed it right on the button!". :)

County Mike
10-01-2009, 11:57 AM
I had a hard time staying awake during that fight. Partially because it's on too late and I have to get up at 5:30am. It's obvious that Kimbo still has a LOT of learning to do on the ground. He seems like a hard worker and he's willing to learn so I wonder why he hasn't learned more from all the time he trained with Bas Rutten and others. His first MMA fight was a couple years ago. I'm thinking he should at least have SOME ground skills by now. He fill right into the crucifix a little too easily, twice.

As soon as the fight was over I went to sleep. I didn't see what Dana, Roy or anyone else said afterwards.

ufcfan2
10-01-2009, 01:00 PM
I had a hard time staying awake during that fight. Partially because it's on too late and I have to get up at 5:30am. It's obvious that Kimbo still has a LOT of learning to do on the ground. He seems like a hard worker and he's willing to learn so I wonder why he hasn't learned more from all the time he trained with Bas Rutten and others. His first MMA fight was a couple years ago. I'm thinking he should at least have SOME ground skills by now. He fill right into the crucifix a little too easily, twice.

As soon as the fight was over I went to sleep. I didn't see what Dana, Roy or anyone else said afterwards.

ya, I don't think Kimbo continued his training much after EliteXc folded. It looked like he was learning pretty good in the training sessions,but he definately needs to work the ground skills more.
I'm sure he will be in the UFC no matter what,which is basically what happens now anyways. I think he will be on a short leash for sure so he definately needs to work his ground skills.
Far as his loss he looked okay didn't do much until second round,but shouldn't take it bad he lost to a superior grappler and more experienced fighter.
Roy is a odd character for sure and I think like everyone else he 'should' win this thing,but ya never know.

bradwright
10-01-2009, 02:44 PM
ya, I don't think Kimbo continued his training much after EliteXc folded. It looked like he was learning pretty good in the training sessions,but he definately needs to work the ground skills more.
I'm sure he will be in the UFC no matter what,which is basically what happens now anyways. I think he will be on a short leash for sure so he definately needs to work his ground skills.
Far as his loss he looked okay didn't do much until second round,but shouldn't take it bad he lost to a superior grappler and more experienced fighter.
Roy is a odd character for sure and I think like everyone else he 'should' win this thing,but ya never know.

easy now...i'm not sure about everyone else but i definitely dont think Roy will win this thing,in fact i dont think he gets any where near the finals.
he may have beat a guy with absolutely zero ground game but that doesn't mean everyone left in the house is a one dimensional fighter...besides he may have won but he looked awfully pathetic doing it.

rearnakedchoke
10-01-2009, 02:44 PM
when rampage called nelson the moon, i spit up what i was drinking ... that was just great .. yeah, nelson's win should be tko via position and not strikes ... kimbo coulda sat there and took those for days .. but unfortunately he wasn't intelligently defending himself ... i was waiting for him to do a jailbreak or something, but when you don't have a ground game and the moon is on top of you .. your pretty much screwed ...

rockdawg21
10-01-2009, 03:31 PM
Yeah, he earned his victory with lay & pray coupled with suffocation. Granted, Kimbo couldn't get out of it (he really needs to be taught how to bridge), but it was a very hollow victory IMO.

Straight Right
10-01-2009, 03:49 PM
I totally agree with what y'all are saying about those punches. But, if you saw the first episode where Dana makes this big production when he brings Kimbo in, it didn't set to well with Roy if you remember his reaction. I think (and I might be totally off on this) that the way Roy acted tonight had something to do with the way Dana set all this up with Kimbo from the beginning. You know, a "so there, I won or look at me now" kind of thing. I haven't ever seen him fight before so I don't know how he usually acts when he wins.

Everybody is acting like he just laid on top of Kimbo and did nothing else. I notice no one gave him any respect for those punches he took either. Those looked like they did hurt which is why I'm assuming he took it to the ground which was the smart thing to do, and a part of his gameplan if I'm not mistaken. :wink:

I'm not saying Roy didn't deserve to get the win, he did take Kimbo down and maintain a dominate position. I respectfully disagree about the damage those punches did, especially in the 2nd round, where he could barely even hit the top of Kimbo's head because his own stomach was in the way. As for my comment on Roy's attitude, yes he should be happy he won, but I, and just one man talking here, don't think that kind of win warranted a "The KING gets it his way!" boast to Dana.

I do think that Dana was promoting the heck out of Kimbo but he is the biggest name fighter (not the best) on the show for a lot of the viewing public, of course they are going to try and pump that up, especially considering how much Dana slagged on him before he was on the show. Dana is a saleman.

I really wasn't hating on Roy's size, but you can't deny he is a big man with a big stomach, I just commenting on the way he won the fight. I watched him in the IFL and I think he's a tough guy. He might be big but he's not out of shape, Ex-pro football players are gassing before he does, so he's got to be doing something right. I do wonder how he'll stack up against a good wrestler, and has to rely solely on his striking. He did comment to his teammates when they were talking by the pool saying you don't have to hurt someone and was demonstrating by just slapping his face--just show they aren't intelligently defending themselves. And while this is one way to win, in my opinion, its just not a very good way to win.

Primadawn
10-01-2009, 04:06 PM
I'm developing a little Kimbo love to be honest. Might be editing, but he comes off as a heck of a likable guy.

Rampage, IMO, came off like a douche...just sayin...(the "moon" comments notwithstanding---they were funny!:laugh:)

As for the fight--yeah Kimbo obviously needs TONS of work on his ground game, but he knows it. And while I don't think that NO skill was involved with Big Country's win, ummm...come on...(A) It's hard to do ANYTHING when you have 265 pounds of fat laying on your FACE. and (B) If he wanted to act like he had just impressively won that fight, he should have put something behind those punches. That was pathetic.

J.B.
10-01-2009, 04:20 PM
So It ain't gonna kill Folks to give the fat guy a break! I bet if he somehow cured AIDS some of Y'All would still hate him for not looking like an athlete!

I think it's fair to give Nelson some crap about his size, but it's also very stupid to suggest that the only reason he beat Kimbo was because he was so fat. I mean, really, that might be the most logically inept thing I've heard in a while. It's an easy way to bash the guy, but it's not the most sound argument. People make it seem like Nelson is Emmanuel Yarborough. By so many people's logic, all you would have to do win in the UFC is be a big fat ass and lay on your opponent. GTFO of here with that noise.

The fight I watched looked more like Nelson executing a safe game-plan that he clearly thought of ahead of time. Kimbo has ZERO ground game and everybody knows it. Personally, I think Nelson probably could have worked more from the full mount and ended up scoring a clean TKO, but that is just my opinion. I think a lot of people think Roy is too cocky, and he may be, but I also take a lot of what is seen on TUF with a grain of salt. There is a reason it takes so many months for the final product to make it to our television sets, and it's called editing.

billwilliams70
10-01-2009, 04:43 PM
What I thought was funny was Dana's defense of Kimbo afterwards. I would figure, with Dana being so close to Joe Silva and the Fertitas, that he would not be so biased towards one fighter.

Where the punches that hard? Don't think so, Kimbo did not get up looking like BJ Penn after his second fight with Matt Hughes, he looked fine. I agree with what one poster above said, that Kimbo really needs to learn how to bridge, that would have helped a lot in getting "the moon" off of him.

Will Nelson win this? Don't think so.

Later.

F34R
10-01-2009, 05:46 PM
I'm developing a little Kimbo love to be honest. Might be editing, but he comes off as a heck of a likable guy.

Rampage, IMO, came off like a douche...just sayin...(the "moon" comments notwithstanding---they were funny!:laugh:)

As for the fight--yeah Kimbo obviously needs TONS of work on his ground game, but he knows it. And while I don't think that NO skill was involved with Big Country's win, ummm...come on...(A) It's hard to do ANYTHING when you have 265 pounds of fat laying on your FACE. and (B) If he wanted to act like he had just impressively won that fight, he should have put something behind those punches. That was pathetic.
Would it have mattered if it were 265lbs of muscle? NOpe.... he still would have had his ass handed to him on the ground. Some people in this thread are ridiculously ignorant.

bj44
10-01-2009, 06:17 PM
Rampage- " we dont have anybody on our team to imulate the big bellyness of nelson" LMFAO

County Mike
10-01-2009, 06:17 PM
Kimbo needed to at least LOOK like he was trying to fight back. Throw the legs up in the air, knee Nelson's side, anything. All he did was lay flat and hope for the ref to stand it up. However, with Nelson in the dominant side control/crucifix, most refs wouldn't stand that fight up as long as Nelson's at least throwing some punches.

Llamafighter
10-01-2009, 07:37 PM
honestly I think that victory actually hurt Roy more than anything. Now the other guys saw what he's got.
I predict Kimbo comes back for someone and gets a big win

Bonnie
10-01-2009, 09:23 PM
I think it's fair to give Nelson some crap about his size, but it's also very stupid to suggest that the only reason he beat Kimbo was because he was so fat. I mean, really, that might be the most logically inept thing I've heard in a while. It's an easy way to bash the guy, but it's not the most sound argument. People make it seem like Nelson is Emmanuel Yarborough. By so many people's logic, all you would have to do win in the UFC is be a big fat ass and lay on your opponent. GTFO of here with that noise.

The fight I watched looked more like Nelson executing a safe game-plan that he clearly thought of ahead of time. Kimbo has ZERO ground game and everybody knows it. Personally, I think Nelson probably could have worked more from the full mount and ended up scoring a clean TKO, but that is just my opinion. I think a lot of people think Roy is too cocky, and he may be, but I also take a lot of what is seen on TUF with a grain of salt. There is a reason it takes so many months for the final product to make it to our television sets, and it's called editing.

I think he definitely would have had more power in his punches, but, I think, Kimbo would have had a better shot of bucking him off in that position and Kimbo would have had more use of his arms and hands to try to control Roy. I think the crucifix was Roy's plan all along. He was telling the other guys (I think when they were at the pool), "Get 'em in a crucifix..." And, he did think things out. He was giving Kimbo kudos for his powerful strikes saying, "If I can stand, I will, but if it looks like....I'm going to take it to the ground..." And, that's exactly what happened. He executed his plan and it worked against Kimbo. Will it work against a more rounded fighter, maybe, maybe not.

Kimbo getting "walked through" by Dana isn't legitimate in my eyes. Just looks like an elaborate set-up to get Kimbo in the UFC and say he "earned it" coming through the house. :wink:

atomdanger
10-01-2009, 10:34 PM
Roy Nelson is a tool. NOT IMPRESSIVE AT ALL. Matt should show him how to finish in Crucifix
preview for next week...Jones might be out and Kimbo back in

Thats what I was thinking.
Kimbo has nothing to brag about in that fight,
but Roy Nelson certainly has nothing to brag about either.

That was a horrible fight all around, I would be comfortable fighting either guy

J.B.
10-01-2009, 10:37 PM
I think he definitely would have had more power in his punches, but, I think, Kimbo would have had a better shot of bucking him off in that position and Kimbo would have had more use of his arms and hands to try to control Roy. I think the crucifix was Roy's plan all along. He was telling the other guys (I think when they were at the pool), "Get 'em in a crucifix..." And, he did think things out. He was giving Kimbo kudos for his powerful strikes saying, "If I can stand, I will, but if it looks like....I'm going to take it to the ground..." And, that's exactly what happened. He executed his plan and it worked against Kimbo. Will it work against a more rounded fighter, maybe, maybe not.

Kimbo getting "walked through" by Dana isn't legitimate in my eyes. Just looks like an elaborate set-up to get Kimbo in the UFC and say he "earned it" coming through the house. :wink:

I agree totally, and when I said he clearly thought of it ahead of time, I was referring to what they showed him saying earlier in the show about getting him in a crucifix. He even told the guys to count out-loud each time he hit Kimbo (which they did), and it reminded me of old-school WWF when they would smash someones head off the turn-buckle ten times while the audience counted. :laugh:

J.B.
10-01-2009, 10:38 PM

That was a horrible fight all around, I would be comfortable fighting either guy

This is a classic case of internet tough guy syndrome. :rolleyes:

bj44
10-01-2009, 10:43 PM

im sure you can take jeff monson to a controversial decision like roy nelson did atom lmfao

Crisco
10-01-2009, 10:46 PM

So would I. I'd get my head ripped off but I'd fight anyone given the right circumstances.

atomdanger
10-01-2009, 11:58 PM
This is a classic case of internet tough guy syndrome. :rolleyes:

Not really, I didn't say I would win, but I am six two or three and 240.
Not a world of experience, but I starting doing karate at 10(I am now 25),
and started doing kickboxing and BJJ in 2007 and would honestly get in the cage with either of them.

How does that make me a tough guy exactly?
I would fight Fedor if given the opportunity, it would be incredible.
So why would saying I would be comfortable fighting Nelson or Kimbo make me a tough guy? lol

J.B.
10-02-2009, 12:58 AM
Not really, I didn't say I would win, but I am six two or three and 240.
Not a world of experience, but I starting doing karate at 10(I am now 25),
and started doing kickboxing and BJJ in 2007 and would honestly get in the cage with either of them.

How does that make me a tough guy exactly?
I would fight Fedor if given the opportunity, it would be incredible.
So why would saying I would be comfortable fighting Nelson or Kimbo make me a tough guy? lol

First of all, I was just busting your balls a little bit, so don't take too much away from it.

However, even if your heart is in the right place, you are still on the internet. When (insert name here) says they would fight a pro-fighter on an internet message forum you have to expect that people are gonna laugh. :wink:

Saying you would feel comfortable fighting them is fine, but nobody cares because you are not a professional fighter. I don't know all your personal accomplishments in martial arts or combat sports, but I think it's silly of somebody to suggest they would get out there and compete against a professional when they are not professionals or even aspiring professionals. That goes for any facet of life. We already seen that TV show, it was called Pro's vs Joe's.

Personally, I would not say something like that unless I was absolutely confident that I could win. You say you would get in the cage with them, and honestly I believe you, but I just think the notion is a bit crazy. I also think your comfort level might change when you know a million people are watching you. :laugh:

Neezar
10-02-2009, 05:17 AM
I don't know what was wrong with me. I couldn't stop myself from yelling at Kimbo, "Give him the Raspberry!"

atomdanger
10-02-2009, 05:32 AM
First of all, I was just busting your balls a little bit, so don't take too much away from it.

However, even if your heart is in the right place, you are still on the internet. When (insert name here) says they would fight a pro-fighter on an internet message forum you have to expect that people are gonna laugh. :wink:

Saying you would feel comfortable fighting them is fine, but nobody cares because you are not a professional fighter.
I don't know all your personal accomplishments in martial arts or combat sports, but I think it's silly of somebody to suggest they would get out there and compete against a professional when they are not professionals or even aspiring professionals. That goes for any facet of life. We already seen that TV show, it was called Pro's vs Joe's.

Personally, I would not say something like that unless I was absolutely confident that I could win. You say you would get in the cage with them, and honestly I believe you, but I just think the notion is a bit crazy. I also think your comfort level might change when you know a million people are watching you. :laugh:

I suppose thats a fair point of view, but I would say it to either of their faces.
Not just on the internet.

I don't think its pointless at all, I train in the same sport as they do.
My point was, I as an ameture, but a lifelong martial artist, wouldn't have any problems fighting them, and that's sad.
I shouldn't be able to say that about guys on television who fight for a living. Both guys looked bad, that was the point.

I wasn't calling either of them out, I'm not Dan Quinn,
I was just saying they didn't look like UFC level fighters,
and honestly I think I could hold my own based on that performance.
*shrug*
Laugh all you want, just my opinion, this is a forum after all.
I am a martial artist, just because it isn't how I pay my bills doesn't mean I am not as good at it as some professionals.
There are guys who are 0 - 10, who I know I could beat up lol.
Doing something professionally doesn't mean you're better at it than everybody else in the world.

atomdanger
10-02-2009, 05:34 AM
So would I. I'd get my head ripped off but I'd fight anyone given the right circumstances.

Yeah pretty much.

I cannot understand the idea of not wanting to fight somebody when there is a ref and medical staff sitting right there.

Bonnie
10-02-2009, 06:18 AM
I suppose thats a fair point of view, but I would say it to either of their faces.

My point was, I as an ameture, but a lifelong martial artist, wouldn't have any problems fighting them, and that's sad.
I shouldn't be able to say that about guys on television who fight for a living. Both guys looked bad, that was the point.

*shrug*
I am a martial artist, just because it isn't how I pay my bills doesn't mean I am not as good at it as some professionals.
Doing something professionally doesn't mean you're better at it than everybody else in the world.

I wouldn't necessarily call a lot of those coming thru the TUF house "professionals". From what some of y'all have said, Roy is and I guess you could call Kimbo one too, but some of the others, I don't know... You might be able to take some of them or at least give them a run for some money. :laugh:

que
10-02-2009, 08:56 AM
I cannot understand the idea of not wanting to fight somebody when there is a ref and medical staff sitting right there.

then you have not fought enough people yet. once you actually step inside the octagon across from matt hughes or anderson silva or brock lesnar or GSP or bj penn or lyoto machida or wanderlei silva and they are burning a hole through your body with their eyes, guarantee you, you won't want to fight them and you will be scared even with a ref and a medical staff sitting right there.

J.B.
10-03-2009, 12:37 AM

*shrug*

I understand that you train, but that does not really mean anything on paper. I also never said that being a professional makes you better than everybody else in the world, but let's be realistic here...

People who make their living as fighters generally spend all their time training and fighting. People who (insert random job title here) do not. So it's pretty simple to understand why it sounds silly to me every time I hear somebody talk about how they would fare in the cage or the ring against somebody who ONLY fights. In some respects it can actually be a fair discussion, like for instance if the person has actually displayed some sort of natural talent or proficiency in the sport. However in most cases it is nothing more than delusions of grandeur from people trying to look tough or cool. That is not to say that there is not professionals who would lose to a random Joe off the street, it's just not likely. Also, using the term "professional" about a fighter who is 0-10 is a bit ambiguous to me.

I agree their performances were not that great but we already knew what to expect from Kimbo. As for Nelson, I think the only reason people are so down on him is because he does have a little bit of a chip on his shoulder. I think a big reason for that is because of his size and the fact that everybody takes shots at him about it, but that is just a personal observation and it could be something different. Either way, I do think Nelson is a decent fighter and could definitely fight at the UFC level. How well he would do, would remain to be seen.

atomdanger
10-03-2009, 04:18 AM
I wouldn't necessarily call a lot of those coming thru the TUF house "professionals". From what some of y'all have said, Roy is and I guess you could call Kimbo one too, but some of the others, I don't know... You might be able to take some of them or at least give them a run for some money. :laugh:

Roy trains at home, at least I train at a gym.
lol

atomdanger
10-03-2009, 04:21 AM
I understand that you train, but that does not really mean anything on paper. I also never said that being a professional makes you better than everybody else in the world, but let's be realistic here...

People who make their living as fighters generally spend all their time training and fighting. People who (insert random job title here) do not. So it's pretty simple to understand why it sounds silly to me every time I hear somebody talk about how they would fare in the cage or the ring against somebody who ONLY fights. In some respects it can actually be a fair discussion, like for instance if the person has actually displayed some sort of natural talent or proficiency in the sport. However in most cases it is nothing more than delusions of grandeur from people trying to look tough or cool. That is not to say that there is not professionals who would lose to a random Joe off the street, it's just not likely. Also, using the term "professional" about a fighter who is 0-10 is a bit ambiguous to me.

I agree their performances were not that great but we already knew what to expect from Kimbo. As for Nelson, I think the only reason people are so down on him is because he does have a little bit of a chip on his shoulder. I think a big reason for that is because of his size and the fact that everybody takes shots at him about it, but that is just a personal observation and it could be something different. Either way, I do think Nelson is a decent fighter and could definitely fight at the UFC level. How well he would do, would remain to be seen.

Try to think of it like this.
Kimbo is a street fighter with WAY less training than I have,
and I have 10 or 15lbs on him, and maybe some height.
Roy Nelson trains at home.
*shrug*
I wasn't saying I could get in there with AS or something lol

I think Nelson has potentual,
but needs to get into shape, there is just no way he is that size and shape and eating right, etc...

atomdanger
10-03-2009, 04:22 AM
then you have not fought enough people yet. once you actually step inside the octagon across from matt hughes or anderson silva or brock lesnar or GSP or bj penn or lyoto machida or wanderlei silva and they are burning a hole through your body with their eyes, guarantee you, you won't want to fight them and you will be scared even with a ref and a medical staff sitting right there.

Doubtful.
(I have been in no professional fights)
but I have competed in large competitions, been in fights, had smokers, etc...
I feel like I would be WAYYY more nervous about cameras and crowd than the person across the cage.

I have certainly never been scared to get my ass kicked lol
I've been a guest of the state, had my head split open (and have some really nasty photos of my skull), and haven't met somebody I was afraid of yet.
That doesn't make me a tough guy, I just don't have a fear of another person who can get hurt and bleed just like I can.
Somebody with a bat or a gun, ok Ill be worried then.

KENTUCKYREDBONE
10-03-2009, 06:58 AM
Roy trains at home, at least I train at a gym.
lol

Actually Roy trains with the Loins Den! I think the branch in Las Vegas!

J.B.
10-03-2009, 08:01 AM
Try to think of it like this.
Kimbo is a street fighter with WAY less training than I have,
and I have 10 or 15lbs on him, and maybe some height.
Roy Nelson trains at home.
*shrug*
I wasn't saying I could get in there with AS or something lol

I think Nelson has potentual,
but needs to get into shape, there is just no way he is that size and shape and eating right, etc...

Do you want a cookie for not being afraid to fight? :laugh:

Nelson has trained with a lot of great fighters and has competed all over the world. He clearly has talent, and has earned the right to be where he is. Kimbo is a celebrity and is there simply to draw ratings. As for Nelsons shape, I think it's a valid criticism to make to some degree, but some people take it to the point of sounding like clowns.

It doesn't make you a "tough-guy" to not be afraid, but 9 times out of 10 when somebody who is an average joe comes out talking about how they could do so much better in a fight, or how they could beat up this guy or that guy, it typically invokes one reaction amongst many individuals simultaneously...

facepalm
http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/d/da/Notagain2.jpg

atomdanger
10-03-2009, 12:44 PM
Actually Roy trains with the Loins Den! I think the branch in Las Vegas!

Why did Rashad say he trains at his own home?

atomdanger
10-03-2009, 12:46 PM
Do you want a cookie for not being afraid to fight? :laugh:

Nelson has trained with a lot of great fighters and has competed all over the world. He clearly has talent, and has earned the right to be where he is. Kimbo is a celebrity and is there simply to draw ratings. As for Nelsons shape, I think it's a valid criticism to make to some degree, but some people take it to the point of sounding like clowns.

It doesn't make you a "tough-guy" to not be afraid, but 9 times out of 10 when somebody who is an average joe comes out talking about how they could do so much better in a fight, or how they could beat up this guy or that guy, it typically invokes one reaction amongst many individuals simultaneously...

I did not say I wanted a cookie,
just pointing out I am not an internet tough guy calling out pro fighters.

I also did neither of the underlined things lol

Chuck
10-03-2009, 04:38 PM

JB I'm going to have to go with Atom on this one. I haven't heard any false bravado coming from him. He's not saying he would or could kick there butts, he's just saying he wouldn't be afraid to step in there with them. Maybe he's just confident or accepts the "worse case scenario" as something he could live with.

I don't train at all but I don't know if I would fear fighting either of those two. Not because I think I would win (I wouldn't) but because the consequences of my actions don't seem that horrible. Get KO'd? Submitted? Endure a beating for a few moments before a ref stops it? I can accept all of those things so they really don't scare me.

Lizards freak me out. Spiders scare me. Going tubing behind a boat scares me. My wife scares me. :ninja: But being in a fight with those two doesn't.

J.B.
10-03-2009, 05:04 PM
I did not say I wanted a cookie,
just pointing out I am not an internet tough guy calling out pro fighters.

I also did neither of the underlined things lol

You are still kinda implying that you could beat them in an MMA fight weather you meant too or not. The overall point here is that nobody cares if you are not afraid. You are not a professional fighter. Also, you went from saying you could hold your own against Kimbo and Nelson, to you would get in the cage with Fedor, to you know there are some 0-10 professionals that you could "beat up". :huh:

You may not be "calling them out" completely, but you are walking a thin line, and on the internet where everybody is an avatar and text on a screen, that kind of talk invokes facepalm. Just sayin. :wink:

J.B.
10-03-2009, 05:13 PM
JB I'm going to have to go with Atom on this one. I haven't heard any false bravado coming from him. He's not saying he would or could kick there butts, he's just saying he wouldn't be afraid to step in there with them. Maybe he's just confident or accepts the "worse case scenario" as something he could live with.

I don't train at all but I don't know if I would fear fighting either of those two. Not because I think I would win (I wouldn't) but because the consequences of my actions don't seem that horrible. Get KO'd? Submitted? Endure a beating for a few moments before a ref stops it? I can accept all of those things so they really don't scare me.

Lizards freak me out. Spiders scare me. Going tubing behind a boat scares me. My wife scares me. :ninja: But being in a fight with those two doesn't.

Not being afraid of taking an ass whooping is noble, but meaningless. If somebody is confident enough to come out and be vocal about comparing their own abilities to a professional fighter, especially one who has trained and competed all over the world, then I think it goes without saying that somewhere in that person's mind they actually believe they will win.

It's not false bravado in the sense that he is saying he would wipe the floor with those guys. No, it's not. However, it's pretty much one of the unwritten rules of the internet that if (insert random screen name here) comes out and plays Monday morning quarterback to point of suggesting that THEY personally could compete on a professional level that they are met with laughter and ridicule. It's pointless to even say unless you intend on trying out for the UFC anytime soon.

I think I heard Matt Hughes say once that he would never take a fight he did not absolutely know he could win. That motto is also clearly outlined in Sun Tzu's Art of War. I think it's a good tip to use in life.

Oh, and spiders?!? You mean like this guy?
http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs127.snc1/5460_1200130852144_1494738011_30554546_7055425_n.j pg

Chuck
10-03-2009, 05:55 PM
Not being afraid of taking an ass whooping is noble, but meaningless. If somebody is confident enough to come out and be vocal about comparing their own abilities to a professional fighter, especially one who has trained and competed all over the world, then I think it goes without saying that somewhere in that person's mind they actually believe they will win.

It's not false bravado in the sense that he is saying he would wipe the floor with those guys. No, it's not. However, it's pretty much one of the unwritten rules of the internet that if (insert random screen name here) comes out and plays Monday morning quarterback to point of suggesting that THEY personally could compete on a professional level that they are met with laughter and ridicule. It's pointless to even say unless you intend on trying out for the UFC anytime soon.

I think I heard Matt Hughes say once that he would never take a fight he did not absolutely know he could win. That motto is also clearly outlined in Sun Tzu's Art of War. I think it's a good tip to use in life.

Oh, and spiders?!? You mean like this guy?
http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs127.snc1/5460_1200130852144_1494738011_30554546_7055425_n.j pg

I disagree, but I'm cool with that bro. We don't always agree :D (Steelers, cough* cough*)

If given the chance would you play onstage with Sound Garden or Metallica (insert your favorite band here) ?

Would you suit up with the Cardinals and play a few downs?

I think you would (could be wrong). That doesn't mean you would be as good as them or that you're on their level. It just means it's something you'd be comfortable with.

Maybe I'm wrong and Atom does think he can kick their butts but I don't think so.

I'm too lazy to go back and find his original post but I thought he was simply saying he wouldn't be afraid to get in the ring with them.

Chuck
10-03-2009, 05:58 PM
And yeah.. the spider pic... could have done without that!! I shriek like a woman (Mark) , pee a little (like Boomer) and run like a sissy (Ben) when I see a spider.

:D

VCURamFan
10-03-2009, 06:12 PM
And yeah.. the spider pic... could have done without that!! I shriek like a woman (Mark) , pee a little (like Boomer) and run like a sissy (Ben) when I see a spider.

:D
HEY! That is NOT true!

I'll have you know that sissies learned everything they know about running from ME. I'm the Godfather of running!!!:angry::laugh:

J.B.
10-03-2009, 06:32 PM
I disagree, but I'm cool with that bro. We don't always agree :D (Steelers, cough* cough*)

If given the chance would you play onstage with Sound Garden or Metallica (insert your favorite band here) ?

Would you suit up with the Cardinals and play a few downs?

I think you would (could be wrong). That doesn't mean you would be as good as them or that you're on their level. It just means it's something you'd be comfortable with.

Maybe I'm wrong and Atom does think he can kick their butts but I don't think so.

I'm too lazy to go back and find his original post but I thought he was simply saying he wouldn't be afraid to get in the ring with them.

Now hang on...you are going into apples and oranges just a little bit.

Playing music and competing in professional sports are two completely different things. Also, I am an independent musician who has been making a living in music and entertainment for nearly a decade. I have played with national acts, and playing and working with music is WHAT I DO. It's not a weekend or after work thing for me. It's my entire life. To answer your question, yeah I would have no problem getting on stage with a huge act like that, but the difference is I have already been working in the industry for a long time and have done it to a lesser degree. It's like asking a WEC fighter if felt he would be ready for UFC, not like asking somebody at a local gym. See what I am sayin?

While some talent is required to be a musician, talent is not a gauge for success in the music industry. Music is a matter of complete personal opinion, and not subject to the same kind of demanding competition that comes with being a professional athlete. If music were about ONLY talent, then I know and have played with a lot of musicians that are way beyond the level of a lot of big name acts.

To answer your second question, the answer is NO, I would not suit up and make myself look like a fool on an NFL team. Maybe if I lived in fantasy land and I had actually played organized football outside of junior high then I would entertain the idea. Otherwise I would just save myself the embarrassment.

Furthermore, I am not trying to bash Atom or anything like that, and I do understand the point about "not being afraid", but the point I am making is that it's monday morning quarterbacking to come on the web and say you were not impressed by a pro fighters performance and that you think you could hold your own or do better. Atom has tip-toed around the subject just a little bit IMO by saying things like "I'm not saying I would.......I'm just saying.....". In a way it's a bit of double talk. I know that I tend to get under some people's skin when I debate things, and I think it's because of things like this where I challenge more than the words on the screen, but the thought process behind them.

I stand by my assessment that if a person is confident enough to vocally compare their skills against a professional fighter then somewhere inside their head they actually believe they could win. I'm not even saying it's a bad thing. Hell, if you think you can beat up a pro fighter and you are confident enough in yourself, then there may be a good chance that you will succeed, and if so, good for you, that's awesome. However, when it comes to internet message boards I think it's safe to say that 9 out of 10 people read a message like that and immediately assume the position known as facepalm.

PS - what happened to the Cards and the Steelers? I know it's early, but this season is already looking crazy.

Chuck
10-03-2009, 06:42 PM
Now hang on...you are going into apples and oranges just a little bit.

Playing music and competing in professional sports are two completely different things. Also, I am an independent musician who has been making a living in music and entertainment for nearly a decade. I have played with national acts, and playing and working with music is WHAT I DO. It's not a weekend or after work thing for me. It's my entire life. To answer your question, yeah I would have no problem getting on stage with a huge act like that, but the difference is I have already been working in the industry for a long time and have done it to a lesser degree. It's like asking a WEC fighter if felt he would be ready for UFC, not like asking somebody at a local gym. See what I am sayin?

While some talent is required to be a musician, talent is not a gauge for success in the music industry. Music is a matter of complete personal opinion, and not subject to the same kind of demanding competition that comes with being a professional athlete. If music were about ONLY talent, then I know and have played with a lot of musicians that are way beyond the level of a lot of big name acts.

To answer your second question, the answer is NO, I would not suit up and make myself look like a fool on an NFL team. Maybe if I lived in fantasy land and I had actually played organized football outside of junior high then I would entertain the idea. Otherwise I would just save myself the embarrassment.

Furthermore, I am not trying to bash Atom or anything like that, and I do understand the point about "not being afraid", but the point I am making is that it's monday morning quarterbacking to come on the web and say you were not impressed by a pro fighters performance and that you think you could hold your own or do better. Atom has tip-toed around the subject just a little bit IMO by saying things like "I'm not saying I would.......I'm just saying.....". In a way it's a bit of double talk. I know that I tend to get under some people's skin when I debate things, and I think it's because of things like this where I challenge more than the words on the screen, but the thought process behind them.

I stand by my assessment that if a person is confident enough to vocally compare their skills against a professional fighter then somewhere inside their head they actually believe they could win. I'm not even saying it's a bad thing. Hell, if you think you can beat up a pro fighter and you are confident enough in yourself, then there may be a good chance that you will succeed, and if so, good for you, that's awesome. However, when it comes to internet message boards I think it's safe to say that 9 out of 10 people read a message like that and immediately assume the position known as facepalm.

PS - what happened to the Cards and the Steelers? I know it's early, but this season is already looking crazy.

The music analogy wasn't the best, I'll give you that one. :D

Cards and Steelers.. UGH... I was hoping you wouldn't bring that up!!
I know we're hurting with out Troy that's for sure. We could be 2-1 right now if not for a few missed FG's by Jeff so I'm not too worried yet. But losing to the Bungals sure doesn't sit well with me that 's for sure.

What's up with the Cards? I haven't been following them yet this year. Give me the rundown.. you guys going to be all right this year?

J.B.
10-03-2009, 06:50 PM
The music analogy wasn't the best, I'll give you that one. :D

Cards and Steelers.. UGH... I was hoping you wouldn't bring that up!!
I know we're hurting with out Troy that's for sure. We could be 2-1 right now if not for a few missed FG's by Jeff so I'm not too worried yet. But losing to the Bungals sure doesn't sit well with me that 's for sure.

What's up with the Cards? I haven't been following them yet this year. Give me the rundown.. you guys going to be all right this year?

The Cards are 1-2 right now, and as usual we have been our own worst enemy. Silly penalties against the 49ers and then two INT's in the red zone against the Colts have killed us. Warner still looks sharp, but the OL has gone completely to crap. One positive note was the game against Jacksonville where Warner broke the league record for completion percentage.

I think we will be okay because our schedule is not as tough as it was last season, but the 49ers look really sharp this year and it's hard for me to believe that a wild card will come out of the NFC west. So who knows, right now it's too early to tell.

Gotta love football!

PS - I changed my mind. They should have put me in there against the Colts! I would have shown Peyton Manning whats up! :laugh:

KENTUCKYREDBONE
10-03-2009, 09:30 PM
Lets see,For a Million dollars and they pay any and all medical I'd step in the cage with them! Why so much? If I'm gonna get beat up I want big money out of it. And unfortunately using MMA rules I would be way out of my League with any Pro MMA fighter!

KENTUCKYREDBONE
10-03-2009, 09:46 PM
Why did Rashad say he trains at his own home?
I don't know! Maybe it was bad editing or a mistake or joke from Rashad! I didn't even hear that part!

atomdanger
10-03-2009, 10:59 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHA