PDA

View Full Version : Positive Test for AROD?

matthughesfan21
02-07-2009, 05:43 PM
Sports Illustrated and ESPN are reporting that AROD tested positive for anabolic steroids in 2003...I expect to see more positive tests coming out in the future because in 2003 they tested, but there was no penalty for a pos. result...BTW, this roided season AROID won the MVP and hit 47 HR's

Rodriguez, reached at a Miami gym for comment by Sports Illustrated, said, "You'll have to talk to the union."

Asked if there were an explanation for the positive test result, Rodriguez told SI: "I'm not saying anything."

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3890785

J.B.
02-07-2009, 07:11 PM
This is crazy...but not unbelievable.

Bonnie
02-07-2009, 08:50 PM

Why is it "crazy"--that he did it? :unsure-1:

matthughesfan21
02-07-2009, 09:00 PM
It's not unbelievable because of how rampant it was during that time, they could name any person tested pos., and I could believe it...There was no penalty for taking them, so I don't expect them to all be clean...AROID basically proved he did them by his comments also, I'm not saying anything, is usually a thing you say when you have no good argument against it

Bonnie
02-07-2009, 10:08 PM
"Delicate" question for you guys: I've always heard that steroids "shrink", uh, your "hanging chads" (sorry I couldn't resist :laugh: ) so why would a guy want to take them? Or are these "new" steroids "shrink-resistant"? :wink:

matthughesfan21
02-07-2009, 10:22 PM
"Delicate" question for you guys: I've always heard that steroids "shrink", uh, your "hanging chads" (sorry I couldn't resist :laugh: ) so why would a guy want to take them? Or are these "new" steroids "shrink-resistant"? :wink:I guess they take money and fame over "equipment"...if they are rich and famous,they can get the girl anyways, so they don't care that much i guess

J.B.
02-08-2009, 02:29 AM
Why is it "crazy"--that he did it? :unsure-1:

No, it's not crazy that he did it, it's just crazy that all this has become such a cloud over Baseball. They said over 100 players tested positive in those 2003 tests.

J.B.
02-08-2009, 02:30 AM
I guess they take money and fame over "equipment"...if they are rich and famous,they can get the girl anyways, so they don't care that much i guess

I would care...beating the Home Run Record ain't worth losing my balls over...

matthughesfan21
02-08-2009, 02:32 AM
I would care...beating the Home Run Record ain't worth losing my balls over...
I agree, but some peoples priorities may be different than ours

TonyCap
02-08-2009, 03:54 AM
I agree, but some peoples priorities may be different than ours

Yeah, people get carried away.

Bonnie
02-08-2009, 04:48 AM
No, it's not crazy that he did it, it's just crazy that all this has become such a cloud over Baseball. They said over 100 players tested positive in those 2003 tests.

You know, when, oh, dangit, I can't think of the guy's name, but I know you guys will know it--that guy who was breaking, I think Hank Aaron's record (or was it Mays'), and then I believe he was accused of steroid use--do y'all think that should count when guys who use had the edge in getting those hits versus guys like Hank Aaron. I don't think guys like that (the users) should be given the accolades for breaking records and admitted into the Hall of Fame. What say you guys?

matthughesfan21
02-08-2009, 05:21 AM
You know, when, oh, dangit, I can't think of the guy's name, but I know you guys will know it--that guy who was breaking, I think Hank Aaron's record (or was it Mays'), and then I believe he was accused of steroid use--do y'all think that should count when guys who use had the edge in getting those hits versus guys like Hank Aaron. I don't think guys like that (the users) should be given the accolades for breaking records and admitted into the Hall of Fame. What say you guys?Barry Bonds, and no his should not count, his ass should be in prison, I hope he gets shanked

Bonnie
02-08-2009, 05:40 AM
Barry Bonds, and no his should not count, his ass should be in prison, I hope he gets shanked

Yeah, Barry Bonds. What do you think of Roger Clemens? I'm sad to say I think he did it and looks like he cheated on his wife too (which in my book is way worse in the "big" picture!). :sad:

matthughesfan21
02-08-2009, 05:53 AM
Yeah, Barry Bonds. What do you think of Roger Clemens? I'm sad to say I think he did it and looks like he cheated on his wife too (which in my book is way worse in the "big" picture!). :sad:
of course he did, syringes provided by McNamee(his trainer and accuser) have clemens dna on them according to lab results, so I don't think he can deny it

Moose
02-08-2009, 03:06 PM
of course he did, syringes provided by McNamee(his trainer and accuser) have clemens dna on them according to lab results, so I don't think he can deny it

That's easy to deny. As a trainer, it would be easy to collect DNA and put them into syringes. And what, he just had them lying around for years, in case Clemens ever took him to court? It makes McNamee look like a snake.

matthughesfan21
02-08-2009, 06:20 PM
That's easy to deny. As a trainer, it would be easy to collect DNA and put them into syringes. And what, he just had them lying around for years, in case Clemens ever took him to court? It makes McNamee look like a snake.it still brings more evidence against Clemens, especially considering his best argument to this point was, "I haven't taken steroids, if I had, I would have ears growing out of my forehead"

J.B.
02-08-2009, 07:00 PM
Barry Bonds, and no his should not count, his ass should be in prison, I hope he gets shanked

Dude, don't take too much offense to this, but GROW UP.

Why should he be in prison? For committing perjury? Have you EVER lied? There are plenty of people who should actually be in prison. I don't think we need to waste tax money on jailing Barry Bonds just because some fans don't like him for juicing.

Shanked? C'mon, don't be that way.

Bonnie
02-09-2009, 05:31 AM
That's easy to deny. As a trainer, it would be easy to collect DNA and put them into syringes. And what, he just had them lying around for years, in case Clemens ever took him to court? It makes McNamee look like a snake.

Guy is definitely a snake in the grass, but Roger just didn't come off looking like he was telling the truth. Just like with GSP and this greasing business, Roger also will have a ? mark there to mar is record. Just sad!

Bonnie
02-09-2009, 05:40 AM
Dude, don't take too much offense to this, but GROW UP.

Why should he be in prison? For committing perjury? Have you EVER lied? There are plenty of people who should actually be in prison. I don't think we need to waste tax money on jailing Barry Bonds just because some fans don't like him for juicing.

Shanked? C'mon, don't be that way.

Hey, you addressed everything, but whether his and other's records who have "broken" existing records of some of the greats in the game should be allowed to stand once they're known to use. It seems unfair to me to the guys who made those records by their honest-to-goodness God-given talent rather than by steroids. What say you, JB?

(Oh, and I agree with what you said about prison and the "shanking". I just think their records should be wiped out and they should be fined big time and suspended possibly not able to play in the game again.) Cheating is cheating and I don't know how anyone can be proud of winning by cheating!

ufcfan2
02-09-2009, 06:08 AM
ya, to me cheatin on the wife is way worse than using roids. Cheatin hubby= gettin the Lorain Bobbit(sp) treatment and then she takes half...NO THANKS!!! :ashamed:

J.B.
02-09-2009, 02:40 PM
Hey, you addressed everything, but whether his and other's records who have "broken" existing records of some of the greats in the game should be allowed to stand once they're known to use. It seems unfair to me to the guys who made those records by their honest-to-goodness God-given talent rather than by steroids. What say you, JB?

(Oh, and I agree with what you said about prison and the "shanking". I just think their records should be wiped out and they should be fined big time and suspended possibly not able to play in the game again.) Cheating is cheating and I don't know how anyone can be proud of winning by cheating!

Well, that is a gray area.

Lets be clear here, using steroids was NOT actually cheating in Baseball until a few years ago. Yes, you can say that using steroids is illegal and it gives you an edge, but as for the actual rules of Baseball, there was nothing there. Also, when it comes to certain stats and other things, it is hard to say where steroids may have had an effect and where it did not. Sure, HR's are obvious when you got Sosa and McGwire hitting 60 plus in one season, but there are other things that could have been effected greatly by widespread steroid use. I also don't think we have a truly accurate number of HOW MANY players were actually using at the time.

In a nutshell, I say it IS cheating because steroid use is illegal and it forces the athletes who don't use to have to use if they want to be able to compete. As for what should happen to people who make it into the record books after juicing, I think you still have to mention them, but an asterisk is in order.