PDA

View Full Version : Matt Hughes vs Paul Daley... thoughts?

badnews
09-30-2009, 06:41 PM
First post.... and I'm not trolling I promise.

Rumours are abounding in the UK of a UFC107 match up of Hughes vs 'Semtex'.

My personal feeling is that this could be a really, really good fight. Paul is a great fighter who will get better and better and obviously Matt has been round the block once or twice... my feeling is Semtex by KO early or Matt by decision.

VCURamFan
09-30-2009, 06:46 PM

My personal feeling is that this could be a really, really good fight. Paul is a great fighter who will get better and better and obviously Matt has been round the block once or twice... my feeling is Semtex by KO early or Matt by decision.
I certainly don't have any inside info, I doubt Matt will be fighting in England again, especially against a nobody who's only 1-0 in the UFC. Sure, he's go 30+ fights, but he's no where near Matt's level. Where's the upside for Matt? How iwll this propel him closer to another title shot? If he wins, "Oo-ah, he beat a nobody", if he loses "See, I told you he was too old, retire now!!!!" It's a lose-lose.

VCURamFan
09-30-2009, 06:47 PM
O, & welcome to the boards! Sorry, I shoulda started with that. Head over to the Intro section so we can get to know you a little better!

County Mike
09-30-2009, 06:48 PM
Who the heck is Paul Daley?

Llamafighter
09-30-2009, 06:49 PM

My personal feeling is that this could be a really, really good fight. Paul is a great fighter who will get better and better and obviously Matt has been round the block once or twice... my feeling is Semtex gets KO'd early or Matt makes the decision to snap his arm off and beat him with it for 2 rounds.

I agree!

NateR
09-30-2009, 07:07 PM
I highly doubt Matt will take another fight outside of the US, I think his goal is to fight closer to home, not further away.

Chuck
09-30-2009, 07:16 PM

How to tell a troll in 3 easy steps...

The name they choose for their login
The first thing they do is explain how they aren't a troll...
In their first post on a fighters forum they share that said fighter will get KO'd in the first round of an imaginary fight...

It's kinda like when somebody says "I'm not trying to be rude...." then proceeds to say something completely rude. :wink:

Crisco
09-30-2009, 07:21 PM

In their first post on a fighters forum they share that said fighter will get KO'd in the first round of an imaginary fight...

It's kinda like when somebody says "I'm not trying to be rude...." then proceeds to say something completely rude. :wink:

I'm not trying to be rude Chuck...

But you have no hair...

badnews
09-30-2009, 07:26 PM
I certainly don't have any inside info, I doubt Matt will be fighting in England again, especially against a nobody who's only 1-0 in the UFC. Sure, he's go 30+ fights, but he's no where near Matt's level. Where's the upside for Matt? How iwll this propel him closer to another title shot? If he wins, "Oo-ah, he beat a nobody", if he loses "See, I told you he was too old, retire now!!!!" It's a lose-lose.

UFC107 is in the US I believe?

Daley isn't a nobody... the UFC wanted him a few years back and he said no cos it wasnt the best option for him at the time. He has very very good stand up and KO power as good as anyone.

Agreed that it is a strange option for Matt in terms of 'progression' but he has to fight someone. Daley is no can that's for sure and he'll surprise again (I don't think Kampmann saw that coming!).

By his own admission Daley needs to get better at some aspects of his game to compete with the top end guys like GSP, but with due respect to Matt I still think this is a good fight... very watchable and potentially highlight material.

Daley will give consistent, exciting and entertaining performances and Matt is always going to be a big draw cos of his name.

Lol'd at the mis-quote of my first post :)

badnews
09-30-2009, 07:31 PM

Feel free to quote me anytime.

1. My login is my fightname.
2. I'm no troll but I knew my post would be called out as just that.
3a. I mentioned my possible predictions... that is allowed one post or not surely?
3b. Imaginary fight? We'll see. Apologies if it doesn't occur, but if you look on cagewarriors.com you'll see a few threads mentioning this fight.

I didn't come here for arguments. I've been posting on cagewarriors for a while, but am losing patience with trolls. Hence my being keen not to be branded one.... oops! Looks like I cocked that up eh? :ashamed:

TexasRN
09-30-2009, 07:46 PM
You're a Brit? Oh geez. Where's Dave to give the proper English welcome? No worries, mate. We handle trolls pretty well around here. Not that I think you are one necessarily, but just so ya know that we have an awesome forum here. We try to keep it family friendly and not have the craziness you see on some other mma forums. I get all my news here and don't even bother with the others any more. Welcome aboard.

~Amy

Crisco
09-30-2009, 07:54 PM
You're a Brit? Oh geez. Where's Dave to give the proper English welcome? No worries, mate. We handle trolls pretty well around here. Not that I think you are one necessarily, but just so ya know that we have an awesome forum here. We try to keep it family friendly and not have the craziness you see on some other mma forums. I get all my news here and don't even bother with the others any more. Welcome aboard.

~Amy

where have you been posting?

I've been getting ripped on all day.

Family friendly my arse!

jk:tongue0011:

Don't be a douche and you'll come along fine brother :wink::cool:

flo
09-30-2009, 07:57 PM
I agree!

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

TexasRN
09-30-2009, 07:59 PM
where have you been posting?

I've been getting ripped on all day.

Family friendly my arse!

jk:tongue0011:

Don't be a douche and you'll come along fine brother :wink::cool:

You didn't get the memo that you don't count in the "family friendly" atmosphere? Mike told us we didn't have to be nice to you anymore. :laugh:

~Amy

Crisco
09-30-2009, 08:01 PM
You didn't get the memo that you don't count in the "family friendly" atmosphere? Mike told us we didn't have to be nice to you anymore. :laugh:

~Amy

What is this crap?

I've been here longer then you! :(

I demand love and family friendly niceness dust to be sprinkled everywhere.

County Mike
09-30-2009, 08:03 PM

~Amy

That's not true. I said you didn't have to be nice to him just because he lives in the same state as I do. You should be nice to him just because.

TexasRN
09-30-2009, 08:05 PM
What is this crap?

I've been here longer then you! :(

I demand love and family friendly niceness dust to be sprinkled everywhere.

You joined before I did? Really? I joined before Goat even. I didn't realize you started posting here that long ago. Geez.

Fine. Peace, love, and joy to you then. :angry:

~Amy

TexasRN
09-30-2009, 08:06 PM
That's not true. I said you didn't have to be nice to him just because he lives in the same state as I do. You should be nice to him just because.

If you'd stop talking to me with your shirt off maybe I'd hear more of what you're saying. :Whistle:

~Amy

Crisco
09-30-2009, 08:07 PM
You joined before I did? Really? I joined before Goat even. I didn't realize you started posting here that long ago. Geez.

~Amy

Oh you mighta beat me by awhile. I've been here like for like 3 years.

But in anycase where was this conversation held? Why was it decided that everyone didn't wanna be nice to me?

Is it because I'm black?

Llamafighter
09-30-2009, 08:07 PM

~Amy

you may remember him by his old username: "MyGirlfriendMakesMePeeSittingDown"

:laugh::laugh:
:tongue0011:

TexasRN
09-30-2009, 08:11 PM

But in anycase where was this conversation held? Why was it decided that everyone didn't wanna be nice to me?

Is it because I'm black?

We have a social group all about you. Your religion has nothing to do with this. :tongue0011:

~Amy

County Mike
09-30-2009, 08:11 PM

Is it because I'm black?

Yes. It's because your'e black.

Amy: I always take my shirt off hoping the ladies will follow my lead.

Crisco
09-30-2009, 08:12 PM
you may remember him by his old username: "MyGirlfriendMakesMePeeSittingDown"

:laugh::laugh:
:tongue0011:

Your getting noogied so hard bro.

I'm ready to cross the man line and lay in bed with you just to whip out the dutch oven.

Llamafighter
09-30-2009, 08:15 PM
Your getting noogied so hard bro.

I'm ready to cross the man line and lay in bed with you just to whip out the dutch oven.

:blink::blink::blink::blink::blink:

Crisco
09-30-2009, 08:15 PM
It's ok pick on me in public but I know deep down your all my super secret best friends.

and and also

/farts
/runsaway
/slamsdoorbehindhimsoothersmustsoakofhisfriendshipg as

Crisco
09-30-2009, 08:16 PM
:blink::blink::blink::blink::blink:

It took you off guard right?

I win.

County Mike
09-30-2009, 08:22 PM
Ewwwww.

TexasRN
09-30-2009, 10:17 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that killed the thread. :mellow:

~Amy

Llamafighter
10-01-2009, 12:49 AM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that killed the thread. :mellow:

~Amy

yep:mellow:

Crisco
10-01-2009, 03:26 PM
It was like 3 against one and I still kicked your asses!

=P

Max
10-01-2009, 03:47 PM

I think Matt's next fight depends a lot on what Matt wants. If Matt wants to try and make one more run at the title the UFC might have him fight someone to give him 2 wins in a row before a number one contender match. If Matt just wants to take a few big fights and the title is not his goal I dont think this fight will happen.

I must say, i do agree with part of your prediction. If Daley is gonna win it would have to be early in any of the three rounds because once Matt takes it to the ground I dont see Daley being able to do much from the bottom.

Crisco
10-01-2009, 03:59 PM
I think Matt's next fight depends a lot on what Matt wants. If Matt wants to try and make one more run at the title the UFC might have him fight someone to give him 2 wins in a row before a number one contender match. If Matt just wants to take a few big fights and the title is not his goal I dont think this fight will happen.

I must say, i do agree with part of your prediction. If Daley is gonna win it would have to be early in any of the three rounds because once Matt takes it to the ground I dont see Daley being able to do much from the bottom.

He will do a lot of getting smashed.

J.B.
10-01-2009, 04:18 PM

Chuck FTW! :laugh: