PDA

View Full Version : Dream switches to a cage

atomdanger
09-29-2009, 11:17 PM
http://www.cagepotato.com/dream%E2%80%99s-identity-crisis

http://cdn.cagepotato.com/www/sites/default/files/dream_cage_.jpg

Finally Japan has joined the club.
They're also switching to 3 five minute rounds.
I can only guess this is due to the Dream / SF partnership, so I like it.

bj44
09-30-2009, 12:13 AM
cant wait to see some of those dream lw's in a cage.... will aoki be on the card?????

rockdawg21
09-30-2009, 12:59 AM
Doesn't look like it was a very exciting card. Nobody is in the crowd.

Josh
09-30-2009, 05:28 AM
That is really smart. I agree I would love to see some of the good LWs in a cage.

County Mike
09-30-2009, 11:55 AM
Cool shape to the cage. Looks like a tombstone.

Psykojojo
09-30-2009, 04:51 PM
This may be a horrible idea, the japanese never liked the idea of the cage. Personally, I prefer a ring over a cage

Max
09-30-2009, 04:59 PM
they are only going to use the cage for one event a year. It will be good experience for fighters who have never fought in the cage before and I am sure it will be helpful if DREAM And Strikeforce ever decide to co-promote a fight.

KENTUCKYREDBONE
10-01-2009, 07:48 AM
I like the cage better than the ring but like the longer round Pride had! Myself I would like to see rules somewhat to PRIDE in a cage!

Psykojojo
10-01-2009, 04:51 PM
I just like the ring because it forces the action, when I'm sparring in the ring my partner can't get away from me, I'm able to cut him off and corner him.

rearnakedchoke
10-01-2009, 05:06 PM
I just like the ring because it forces the action, when I'm sparring in the ring my partner can't get away from me, I'm able to cut him off and corner him.

maybe a square cage is the next evolution? come on jojo, patent it ...

i prefer the cage better for one reason only and that is restarting in the centre .... i think it just slows the fight down so much, and then there is the whole process of getting into the same position .. and if one guy is tired, he is even slower ..

Psykojojo
10-03-2009, 05:17 PM
maybe a square cage is the next evolution? come on jojo, patent it ...

i prefer the cage better for one reason only and that is restarting in the centre .... i think it just slows the fight down so much, and then there is the whole process of getting into the same position .. and if one guy is tired, he is even slower ..

I agree with that, it's the only thing wrong with fights in the ring