PDA

View Full Version : Cool story

TexasRN
09-26-2009, 05:02 PM
So this morning I had to go to the ER to get some xrays and stuff. Ended up with crutches and orders to keep all weight off my left knee, but that's not the story. So anyway...I am about to leave after sitting in the ER all morning around all these nasty germ-growing, flu infested humans and one of the male nurses runs up to stop me. This wasn't hard to do as I was on crutches and am not great at them yet. He says, "Did you get that injury from that 'full contact' fighting?" I said, "It was practicing knees from the clinch actually but something like that." Then he started telling me that he just really got into this 'full contact' stuff and he has been watching these youtube videos of his favorite fighter and how he wanted to start training. Well guess who the fighter was? MATT HUGHES!!!! :laugh: That guy chased me down to talk about Matt. How cool is that? This dude wasn't even my nurse, he was just there working in another part of the ER and must have overheard my nurse and PA talking.

~Amy

VCURamFan
09-26-2009, 05:13 PM
That's awesome!! You told him to show up here, right? We gotta make sure he gets indoctrinated properly!!

TexasRN
09-26-2009, 05:29 PM
That's awesome!! You told him to show up here, right? We gotta make sure he gets indoctrinated properly!!

I told him and then warned him about Ben. :ninja:
:laugh:

~Amy

VCURamFan
09-26-2009, 06:24 PM
I told him and then warned him about Ben. :ninja:

~Amy
Yeah, that MattHughesRocks guy is bad news!:frantics:

Bonnie
09-26-2009, 09:55 PM
Amy that is great! My lil' sis works for the Bone and Joint Clinic in Beaumont and one her patients is a mma guy and she told him about me liking the sport and my favorite fighter Matt Hughes. Of course being mma, he already knew who Matt was, but the word is spread'n far and wide about our favorite fighter. :laugh:

Bonnie
09-26-2009, 09:57 PM
Yeah, that MattHughesRocks guy is bad news!:frantics:

Boomer
09-26-2009, 11:02 PM
Very cool Amy ... I just got back from going to my sites along the Pakistan boarder. If you know anything about the military, the bathroom walls are sacred in the fact that that is how they express their grips, love and loyalty to anything back in the rear. So I'm in one of the stalls, reading all the bathroom wall poetry and low and behold ... there scratched in the top of the door ... Team Hughes 09 ...... I was going to get a picture (and still might when I go back) but never really had the chance too this time. taking a camera in the bathroom makes people talk. :unsure:

It was funny cause the captain traveling with me saw it too and couldn't wait to tell me. :laugh:

Bonnie
09-26-2009, 11:11 PM
Very cool Amy ... I just got back from going to my sites along the Pakistan boarder. If you know anything about the military, the bathroom walls are sacred in the fact that that is how they express their grips, love and loyalty to anything back in the rear. So I'm in one of the stalls, reading all the bathroom wall poetry and low and behold ... there scratched in the top of the door ... Team Hughes 09 ...... I was going to get a picture (and still might when I go back) but never really had the chance too this time. taking a camera in the bathroom makes people talk. :unsure:

It was funny cause the captain traveling with me saw it too and couldn't wait to tell me. :laugh:

So....hide it! What? Do I have to tell you where? :rolleyes: :laugh:

Boomer
09-26-2009, 11:14 PM
So....hide it! What? Do I have to tell you where? :rolleyes: :laugh:

I have a really big camera and well .... that would just make people talk more ... :blink:

But I'l lsee what I can do .. :D

philips4
09-26-2009, 11:41 PM
So this morning I had to go to the ER to get some xrays and stuff. Ended up with crutches and orders to keep all weight off my left knee, "It was practicing knees from the clinch actually but something like that."

~Amy

Um, Amy....YOU BE CAREFUL!!!