PDA

View Full Version : BLOG: Chuck and Dancing with the Stars

NateR
09-22-2009, 08:45 PM
From Matt's blog:

Well, Chuck performed last night on Dancing with the Stars. Those of you who watch the show know that you can call in to keep people on the show. So let's all give Chuck as much support as we can and call in to try to keep him there. You can call 1-800-868-3402 or text VOTE to 3402, to vote for Chuck. You can call or text from any phone up to 7 times.

http://www.matt-hughes.com/images/blogimages/chuckliddell-DWTS.jpg

Well, the fights were interesting, my boy Rich had an off night. Vitor looked great. Now, Rich will go back to the drawing board a little bit and figure out why he couldn't get his rhythm going. My boy Brian Foster lost, but we knew he was going up against a tough wrestler and that he might get taken down. We trained for that fight but it just didn't go our way. I find Koscheck calling me out kind of interesting and I actually don't know why he is doing that. I was used to kids doing this when I was the champ, but as you know I don't have the belt now and I'm puzzled as to why Koscheck wants to fight me and not the champion in the weight class. I have no interest in fighting Koscheck and, as he was showing everybody, he's just a kid. As of yet, the UFC has never come to me and asked me to fight him.

For the Bible verse, this week I decided to go with one of my favorite verses:

Even though I was once a blasphemer and a persecutor and a violent man, I was shown mercy because I acted in ignorance and unbelief. The grace of our Lord was poured out on me abundantly, along with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus.

Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his unlimited patience as an example for those who would believe on him and receive eternal life.
(1 Timothy 1:13-16)

-matt

County Mike
09-22-2009, 08:57 PM
I tried to vote for Chuck but I got a busy signal.

Bonnie
09-22-2009, 09:20 PM
I taped it but haven't gotten to see Chuck yet. Of course, you already know who I think would be great. :dry: But, we won't get into that again. :rolleyes: :laugh:

Poor Rich, my heart broke for him :cry:, but Vitor did look really good and he seems like a nice guy too.

I thought Brian Foster looked good too.

Everytime I wear my "Army of One" shirt with that verse, the nurses love it. :)

Blmfighter
09-22-2009, 09:30 PM
Maybe next season we will see Matt on there.

Crisco
09-22-2009, 10:04 PM
which guys would keep your interest to fight Matt?

I know your not a call out kind of guy not asking that. Just wondering who would make for an interesting fight for you.

MattHughesRocks
09-23-2009, 06:02 AM
Matt, you may not have the current belt but your still the champ in every way.When your wanting to fight you want to fight what you think is the best and Josh called you out.Awesome :)

TonyCap
09-23-2009, 06:44 AM
Maybe next season we will see Matt on there.

LOL. Now that would be interesting to watch.

flo
09-23-2009, 06:46 AM
Poor Rich, my heart broke for him , but Vitor did look really good and he seems like a nice guy too.

I felt really bad too when I heard, we didn't get the fight this time but I was really rooting for Rich (Cro cop too). I hope Rich can figure out what he needs to do to get back in the win column, he's a great guy.

flo
09-23-2009, 06:50 AM
which guys would keep your interest to fight Matt?

I know your not a call out kind of guy not asking that. Just wondering who would make for an interesting fight for you.
Heh, I know you weren't asking me but I better chime in here. :w00t: I'd like to see Matt fight Kos; I can envision it going the way of Dan vs Rashad (including the comment that the extra punch was to shut his mouth, lol).

I can always dream, can't I? :happydancing:

Boomer
09-23-2009, 01:07 PM
ehhh ... Kos is ranked 5th in the ww division, you are ranked 6th ... he should've asked for fitch or Alves to be moved up as a contender but you don't need a belt to make someone else a star Matt. You are THE icon of the division as well as one for the sport in general. I'd want to test my skills against yea too. :wink:

I think the fighters in the division have figured out your weakness though .. kick you in the nuts, grease your body, or give yea a head butt and it might go the distance. It worth risking a penalty than facing you fully armed and healthy.

Also looks like your April fools joke got some traction in main stream for Chuck :laugh: ... working on that female demographic ... I still think you need to guest star on a soap. (Michelle & D do not derail!!)

TENNESSEAN
09-23-2009, 02:06 PM
did you guys hear tha news, boomer called matt out, said he wanted to fight him. then he said he was going to kick him in the nuts and head butt him.:)

Llamafighter
09-23-2009, 02:37 PM
I got 5 votes in for Chuck. I thought he did really good for the first night. I look forward to seeing him do more of the upbeat dances. I think they'll play to his strengths.
At the press conference the way Koscheck explained it, sounded like he only wanted to fight Matt because it would give him a main/co-main event status. I really don't see you having aything to gain by fighting him except IMO it would put you next in line for one of the 2 rematches you deserve.

Sorry to see Rich lose, but he didn't look like himself and Vitor showed up in good form. I like Rich better at 205 where i think he'll do great.

Neezar
09-23-2009, 02:42 PM
ehhh ... Kos is ranked 5th in the ww division, you are ranked 6th ... he should've asked for fitch or Alves to be moved up as a contender but you don't need a belt to make someone else a star Matt. You are THE icon of the division as well as one for the sport in general. I'd want to test my skills against yea too. :wink:

I think the fighters in the division have figured out your weakness though .. kick you in the nuts, grease your body, or give yea a head butt and it might go the distance. It worth risking a penalty than facing you fully armed and healthy.

Also looks like your April fools joke got some traction in main stream for Chuck :laugh: ... working on that female demographic ... I still think you need to guest star on a soap. (Michelle & D do not derail!!)

I was already getting ready to hiy 'reply' when I saw this: (Michelle & D do not derail!!) :laugh:

Primadawn
09-23-2009, 03:28 PM
:happydancing::happydancing:Guest spot on Young and the Restless!!! Matt plays himself and shows up to prove he is the one and only true Chancellor heir! UNTIL...Mark shows up too....:w00t:

MattHughesRocks
09-23-2009, 04:08 PM
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e292/skysrock/Smileys/GirlieScream.gif

flo
09-23-2009, 06:22 PM
I'm stealing that emoticon, lol, it's great!

Boomer
09-26-2009, 11:54 PM
did you guys hear tha news, boomer called matt out, said he wanted to fight him. then he said he was going to kick him in the nuts and head butt him.:)

TO WAA... wait what?? :blink:

:laugh:

Even if i had the skills I don't think I could fight Matt. :laugh: I'd rather see him win any day even if the other guy was me. :wink: