PDA

View Full Version : Koscheck vs Matt??

canadiancountryboy
09-20-2009, 01:35 AM
Just read an interview with Koscheck and he claims he has been asking for Matt but Matt refuses to fight him or Fitch. Anyone know what this is all about?

NateR
09-20-2009, 01:53 AM
Anyone know what this is all about?

It's probably all about Koscheck being a liar. Matt hasn't been offered any fights yet.

EHLERZ5
09-20-2009, 04:51 AM
Now that's a fight I'd like to see.... Kos has a big mouth that I'd love to see get closed...

Matts#1Fan...Dr.Tonya
09-20-2009, 05:35 AM
IF this fight were to happen............:)

I'd like to see Matt shut him up the way Hendo shut up Bisping!!!!

Night Night, Sleep Tight:punch::punch::punch:

WAR HUGHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MattHughesRocks
09-20-2009, 05:54 AM
Well that's how a lot of fighters get fights...lie and talk shyte.It works!

VCURamFan
09-20-2009, 06:05 AM
Yeah, Kos, 'cause Hughes has a history of turning down fights & ducking people.:rolleyes:

He's prolly referring to when sarah dropped out due to that back injury & Matt was offered a choice of replacements & he picked GSP over Fitch & Kos. Clearly it's 'cause Matt was skeered & wanted to stay away from the tough competition.:ninja:

fightpastor
09-20-2009, 06:08 AM
Koshcheck announced after his win against Trigg tonight that he wants Matt Hughes next. That would be an interesting fight. It would have an interesting subplot.

www.fightpastor.com

VCURamFan
09-20-2009, 06:10 AM
Koshcheck announced after his win against Trigg tonight that he wants Matt Hughes next. That would be an interesting fight. It would have an interesting subplot.

www.fightpastor.com (http://www.fightpastor.com)
Yeah, like when Kos said Matt wasn't a really good athlete because he was white, not mixed-race like Josh.:laugh:

MattHughesRocks
09-20-2009, 06:12 AM
Or just maybe he's been asking Dana for Hughes and it just never went past that. Just because he says he's been asking for Matt doesnt mean he went to Hillsboro and knocked on Matt's door asking for him:laugh:

"Yo Matt, can you come out and fight?" :unsure-1:

Yeah....no

VCURamFan
09-20-2009, 06:14 AM
Or just maybe he's been asking Dane for Hughes and it just never went past that. Just because he says he's been asking for Matt doesnt mean he went to Hillsboro and knocked on Matt's door asking for him:laugh:

"Yo Matt, can you come out and fight?" :unsure-1:

Yeah....no
:rotfl:

That just gives me this mental image of Kos as the sullen outcast of the neighborhood begging for friends.:laugh:

Llamafighter
09-20-2009, 07:56 AM
I just saw where Kos called out Matt after the fight. Matt would/will crush Krusty once and for all. I think Krustchek is bad for the sport. He needs that fight a lot more than Matt does so of course he's stirring the pot/

Jonlion
09-20-2009, 09:19 AM
I'm pleased that Kos just called out Hughes and didn't make any strong and insulting statements to further incite it, although, I have not seen this article.

It would make for a good fight and makes sense, both fighters have lost to GSP and ALves but Kos has so much more to gain but then Matt needs another solid win before they put him title contention again, if he beat Kos, he would really make a statement to the young guns.

Personally, I worry about this match up for Matt, wrestling they probably neutralise eachother, I'd give Kos better striking but Matt the better GnP and chance of submissions. So could go either way but i believe Matt would fair better with Fitch or another WW.

As for Kos, what about Serra?!!!!!!!

Wheraes Serra and I'd really like to see where he stands in the division now, it would also help KOs up the rankings. Serra is a former champion, all be it a rather short one. No pun intended! :wink:

:laugh::laugh:

Faith and Grace
09-20-2009, 06:04 PM
I really don't want to see this fight. I am one of Matt's biggest fans but I do not see how Matt could win. Maybe by submission. Kos is very fast, hits very hard and has just as good wrestling as Matt.GSP beat up on KOS but couldn't put him away.

Punching power:KOS
Wrestling: Equal
Explosiveness: KOS
Take downs: KOS
Submissions: Matt
Chin: Kos

huan
09-20-2009, 06:22 PM
lol, REALLY...? This is the same Koscheck that just got KO'd silly by Paulo Thiago right?

And I see Matt easily having the edge in take downs, even in explosiveness if he shows up well prepared like he was at 98.

TexasRN
09-20-2009, 06:31 PM
Matt can take him. I'm not worried. :cool:

~Amy

rockdawg21
09-20-2009, 08:40 PM
I'd like to see it. In the power and ground skills department, it goes to Matt. Kos was the better wrestler in college, so that could be interesting. The speed and stand-up will go to Kos.

The fight presents a good challenge to both fighters. I like both guys, but Matt is my #1.

TENNESSEAN
09-20-2009, 09:22 PM
I really don't want to see this fight. I am one of Matt's biggest fans but I do not see how Matt could win. Maybe by submission. Kos is very fast, hits very hard and has just as good wrestling as Matt.GSP beat up on KOS but couldn't put him away.

Are you drunk?
Joking
But I strongly disagree.

ufcfan2
09-20-2009, 09:29 PM
I'll give the edge in speed and KO power too KoS as I think KoS standup is way better than Matts. I'll give the edge in grit and heart to Matt as with his experience its that little extra he could need to win.
It would be a great fight to watch and I'm sure Dana and Joel are contemplating this as well. Kos did mention he wanted GSP again too,but I'm not thinking hes gonna get that fight(maybe Fitch or someone like that).

Spiritwalker
09-20-2009, 11:41 PM
That is probably closer to the truth than we will ever know.

:rotfl:

That just gives me this mental image of Kos as the sullen outcast of the neighborhood begging for friends.:laugh:

Spiritwalker
09-20-2009, 11:46 PM
Wheraes Serra and I'd really like to see where he stands in the division now, it would also help KOs up the rankings. Serra is a former champion, all be it a rather short one. No pun intended! :wink:

:laugh::laugh:

Some where between 75th and 100th on the top 100... my 8 year old son ranks 74th with an 0-0 record.

Preach
09-21-2009, 02:58 AM
I think its awesome that he called out Matt. It shows a couple of things. One he feels that Matt is still a force in the division and that he feels a win over Matt would get him a title shot. This just confirms my feelings that Matts time in the sport isnt over and that I am not the only one that feels that way

Chuck
09-21-2009, 03:24 AM
I think its awesome that he called out Matt. It shows a couple of things. One he feels that Matt is still a force in the division and that he feels a win over Matt would get him a title shot. This just confirms my feelings that Matts time in the sport isnt over and that I am not the only one that feels that way

Good Post. I agree.

It's a compliment and shows respect for Matt's skill when a fighter looking to fight the best calls out Matt.

que
09-21-2009, 03:36 AM
what WW wouldn't want to challenge themself against the greatest WW of all time?

i didn't see where he called out matt but i see nothing wrong with this unless he said something disrespectful like "i'm not impressed by his performances" or something like GSP would say to matt.

but if he simply said he wants to fight him then that shows he wants to fight the best

rockdawg21
09-21-2009, 04:11 AM
Exactly. Kos likes a challenge, and it's a good fight for both fighters. Both are still top 10s right? It's good enough to highlight a UFC main event or co-main event.

3dlee
09-22-2009, 12:29 AM
Exactly. Kos likes a challenge, and it's a good fight for both fighters. Both are still top 10s right? It's good enough to highlight a UFC main event or co-main event.

itd be a better fan than 105 with couture vera. thats a sleeper.

rockdawg21
09-22-2009, 01:58 AM
itd be a better fan than 105 with couture vera. thats a sleeper.
Yeah, that fight is a joke. Couture is gonna put Vera on his back and G&P him to death. Vera's quick on the feet, but as soon as Couture grabs him, it's game over.

bj44
09-22-2009, 10:48 AM
This would be a great win for matt because honestly kos is the worst style matchup in the division for him besides gsp...

Llamafighter
09-22-2009, 02:23 PM
This would be a great win for matt because honestly kos is the worst style matchup in the division for him besides gsp...

Honestly I think Kos will talk just enough smack to get Hughes fired up and in smashing mode. plus Kos will be just cocky enough to think that Matt can't knock him out on his feet. Matt by 2nd round KO

Jonlion
09-22-2009, 06:32 PM
Honestly I think Kos will talk just enough smack to get Hughes fired up and in smashing mode. plus Kos will be just cocky enough to think that Matt can't knock him out on his feet. Matt by 2nd round KO

That would be great to see although I'm real tired of cocky fighters dogging on Matt, I'd rather this be a clean build up and the Matt KO him.

Imagine the waves that would send, the Big Dog is back, Matt Hughes KO's Kos.

There is this possibility with Kos like GSP showed that he has neglected Wrestling, if Matt destroyed him at Kos's own game then Matt would send a shiver through the WW Division!

KevinD
09-22-2009, 07:25 PM
I see matt using enough strikes to lead to a clinch postion. I don't think he can take Kos down from outside shots. Once they clinch, Matt will drive him against the cage and then take him down and finish him with good old GnP. TKO in rounnd 2.

canadiancountryboy
09-24-2009, 02:31 AM
Who is Mitch Ciccarelli? I just read Bleacher Report and he is openly accusing Matt of ducking Kos. He also says he lost the Serra fight, if it would have been judged properly. His article, IMO, borders on defamation of character/slander.

MattHughesRocks
09-24-2009, 03:26 AM
Exactly.

Who is Mitch Ciccarelli? I just read Bleacher Report and he is openly accusing Matt of ducking Kos. He also says he lost the Serra fight, if it would have been judged properly. His article, IMO, borders on defamation of character/slander.

Miss Foxy
09-24-2009, 04:54 PM

Wow what Kos are you watching? He in no way shape or form even in his wildest dreams is as good of a wrestler as Matt and furthermost even as strong as Matt . :Whistle:

Llamafighter
09-24-2009, 05:36 PM

Sissyreally? Well he's probably out of Long Island. Matt ducking someone is laughable. Serra si the one that needs a two year training camp to fight anymore.

Llamafighter
09-24-2009, 05:45 PM
Okay I just read the article and it seems that most people commenting are supporting Hughs' decision. The writer actually says he hopes that he did not come off as disrespecting Hughes. he actually has a lot of respect for him. His argument for Serra winning round 3 is stupid. Plus saying that (paraphrasing) "yeah he headbutted him but he also got him with some good shots after that"??? WTF that's like saying sure he kicked him in the balls but right after that he thumped him. does he really think that Serra would have landed any shots if he hadn't knocked Matt loopy with that headbutt. COME ON!

rearnakedchoke
09-24-2009, 07:36 PM

Dude are you serious??? Punching power KOS .. yeah, i'll give you that ... wrestling, i give the edge to matt, because in every fight, you know what matt is going to do, you train for it and still he does what he wants on the floor .. explosiveness, kos is explosive, but matt is more powerful, so since you don't have that category I will give matt that one .. takedowns ... matt ... matt was able to take down thiago which kos was unable to do ... submissions .. matt and chin, how do you give that to kos??? he got ko'd by a guy that doesn't know how to throw a punch and his lights went out ... and you forgot one thing .. heart ... and matt was kicked in the nads by gsp and trigg ... poked in the eye by BJ, head butted by serra and BJ had him in a tight triangle and couldn't tap matt .. and lets not forget newton, the only fight where i have seen someone stop another person from the unconscious state ... so here is how i have it ...

Wrestling: Matt
Power: Matt
Take downs: Matt
Chin: Matt
HEART: Matt

que
09-24-2009, 08:51 PM
kos is the best pure wrestler in all of MMA. he doesn't have the best wrestling for MMA but he is the best wrestler. he went 42-0 in his junior year of college and became a FOUR-time NCAA Division I All-American champion, which is almost unheard of. he is also a three-time winner of the PSAC Wrestler of the Year award, and two time winner of the EWL wrestling achievement award. he may not have MMA wrestling on the level of hughes or GSP but he is definitely the best wrestler in the entire sport. now whether he is able to continue to adapt his wrestling for MMA and become the best MMA wrestler is something to be seen.

rearnakedchoke
09-24-2009, 09:12 PM
kos is the best pure wrestler in all of MMA. he doesn't have the best wrestling for MMA but he is the best wrestler. he went 42-0 in his junior year of college and became a FOUR-time NCAA Division I All-American champion, which is almost unheard of. he is also a three-time winner of the PSAC Wrestler of the Year award, and two time winner of the EWL wrestling achievement award. he may not have MMA wrestling on the level of hughes or GSP but he is definitely the best wrestler in the entire sport. now whether he is able to continue to adapt his wrestling for MMA and become the best MMA wrestler is something to be seen.

This is mma though .. if you ask me who is a better wrestler matt or kos .. i would say matt ...

bj44
09-25-2009, 04:35 AM

Kos was the only guy to actaully get a takdown on gsp the last 4 years... His wrestling is top 5 in mma....

Maldonado136
09-25-2009, 04:46 AM
Kos was the only guy to actaully get a takdown on gsp the last 4 years... His wrestling is top 5 in mma....

exactly. i would like to see this fight.

rearnakedchoke
09-25-2009, 02:12 PM

he took gsp down from a scramble and not from the stand up, so it was more like half a takedown ... matt was able to take down thiago, yet kos wasn't able to ... the reason i say matt is a better wrestler is because before a fight, people know that matt is going to go in there and take you down so they train for that .. with kos, people know he can punch so they worry about that and get taken down ... kos is a great wrestler, but i think matt is a better one

canadiancountryboy
09-29-2009, 11:05 PM
First it was Ciccarelli and now some dufus named Dorothy Willis is slandering Matt. She openly admits to not liking Matt and obviously lets that fuel her "journalism". She bashes Matt and then when people respond to her rants, she voices her opinion some more. Angry about something. What is with people and Matt lately?

CAVEMAN
09-30-2009, 04:41 PM
Kos and Matt would be a great fight, but Thiago/Hughes 2 would be even better!:)

rockdawg21
09-30-2009, 06:51 PM
Kos and Matt would be a great fight, but Thiago/Hughes 2 would be even better!:)

That depends, does Thiago make weight this time?

hughesfan
10-01-2009, 09:02 PM
Koscheck is a horrible fight for Hughes. Kos has better wrestling and better striker. Hughes would lose that fight.

County Mike
10-01-2009, 09:08 PM
Koscheck is a horrible fight for Hughes. Kos has better wrestling and better striker. Hughes would lose that fight.

Yeah. You sound like a real Hughes fan. Two posts and both claim that Hughes would lose.

Beat it troll.

hughesfan
10-01-2009, 09:10 PM
Yeah. You sound like a real Hughes fan. Two posts and both claim that Hughes would lose.

Beat it troll.

I'm not a troll. I'm a Matt Hughes fan, I just honestly believe Alves and Koscheck are bad matchups for Matt right now. I rather see him fight guys like Swick and Kampman.

TexasRN
10-01-2009, 09:41 PM

So far all of your posts are negative towards The Hughes. Might wanna rethink that posting strategy there, bud. Find something to say besides Matt loses this fight or that fight.

~Amy

County Mike
10-01-2009, 09:50 PM
I'm not a troll. I'm a Matt Hughes fan, I just honestly believe Alves and Koscheck are bad matchups for Matt right now. I rather see him fight guys like Swick and Kampman.

You have 4 posts. One saying Alves would knock Hughes out. One saying Koscheck would beat Hughes. One saying Anderson would beat Hughes and one claiming you're not a troll.

Doesn't take a rocket surgeon to figure it out.

Crisco
10-01-2009, 10:14 PM
You have 4 posts. One saying Alves would knock Hughes out. One saying Koscheck would beat Hughes. One saying Anderson would beat Hughes and one claiming you're not a troll.

Poetry

hughesfan
10-01-2009, 10:15 PM

Hows that trolling all those guys would be Hughes right now.

VCURamFan
10-01-2009, 10:16 PM

That's one smart horn-dog we got here!

Crisco
10-01-2009, 10:48 PM
This is the "official" Hughes forum and Matt himself posts here.

You don't go into a mans house and insult him. If you wanna post that garbage go to one of the independent forums.

Keep your back handed fan speech to yourself We don't want to hear it.

que
10-01-2009, 11:42 PM
he took gsp down from a scramble and not from the stand up, so it was more like half a takedown

does it even matter how kos took him down? bj44's point was that he took GSP down and he is the only person in 4 years to do that.

btw, the way he took him down was amazing, i'll have to look for the GIF because it is sick. it is pure explosiveness and power that even GSP couldn't defend, it was very impressive.

This is mma though .. if you ask me who is a better wrestler matt or kos .. i would say matt ...

yes, i know. that is why i said kos is the best PURE wrestler in MMA but DOESN'T have the best wrestling adaptation for MMA. matt and GSP obviously have better MMA wrestling than kos does.

Buzzard
10-02-2009, 03:22 AM

Why can't someone who is a Hughes fan offer an opinion saying that he could be beaten by differing people?

Banning him because he believes that Kos, Alves and Silva could beat him is amusing. Wow! Where is my tinfoil hat?

NateR
10-02-2009, 03:25 AM
Why can't someone who is a Hughes fan offer an opinion saying that he could be beaten by differing people?

Banning him because he believes that Kos, Alves and Silva could beat him is amusing. Wow! Where is my tinfoil hat?

It's called respect. Matt pays for this site, thus is it his property. Anyone who wants to be allowed to post here needs to show the proper respect for the owner of this site. So, if you wouldn't walk into Matt's house and say it to his face, then you don't say it here either. Simple as that.

County Mike
10-02-2009, 12:02 PM

It wouldn't be so bad except ALL of his posts were about who Hughes would lose to. If he was a regular contributor to other conversations and also mentioned that he thought so-and-so would beat Matt, maybe it could slip by. However, it was obvious that he only came to this site to put Matt down.

ufcfan2
10-02-2009, 11:32 PM

ehh, a person may get away with saying Matt may lose to such and such person,but a newbie most likely wont get away with it.
I won't say Matt would lose to those guys I would say they maybe bad matchups,though personally I think AS has a difficult time with wrestling based fighters...
I would think given an honest answer is great,but have to make sure u word it properly that it doesn't show any real disrespect.