Mark
09-15-2009, 05:23 PM
Are you a Christian?

When did you become a Christian?

What church do you go to?

When did you quit pastoring and why?

Are you or have you ever been married?

Do you have kids?

Were you brought up in a Christian household?

What bible college or seminary did you attend and what year did you graduate?

I mean no disrespect with these questions, I just want to know more about you. And if you feel that these questions are too personal, then you can just PM me with the answers and you are more than welcome to ask me any question you want.

Don't think of this as an interrogation, think of it as a chance to share your testimony and who doesn't want to share their testimony?

Preach
09-15-2009, 05:30 PM
Popcorn here I come

Chris F
09-15-2009, 11:51 PM
Are you a Christian? Yes and have been since 1979

When did you become a Christian? April 4th 1979
What church do you go to?

When did you quit pastoring and why? March 1st this year. The Sheep were bitting my family.

Are you or have you ever been married?Yes for 13 years

Do you have kids?Yes 2 girls

Were you brought up in a Christian household?Yes my mother was a preacher kid. While she walked away she made me go and I am glad she did

What bible college or seminary did you attend and what year did you graduate?Central Bible college 2002 and Assemblies of God Theological Seminary, did not graduate went to Missouri State instead to get a MA in History

I mean no disrespect with these questions, I just want to know more about you. And if you feel that these questions are too personal, then you can just PM me with the answers and you are more than welcome to ask me any question you want. No disrespect taken sir

Don't think of this as an interrogation, think of it as a chance to share your testimony and who doesn't want to share their testimony?

I do not feel this is at all any attempt at Malice Mark. And yes I love to share what the Lord has done for me. Often religion and polotics can become heated and a place of strife. But as I have said many times. I do not mean fo anyone to take me the way they often do. Where I grew up that is just the way you are. Blunt and brutally honest. mUch of what I say needs a lot more tact.

Mark
09-16-2009, 03:07 AM
I do not feel this is at all any attempt at Malice Mark. And yes I love to share what the Lord has done for me. Often religion and polotics can become heated and a place of strife. But as I have said many times. I do not mean fo anyone to take me the way they often do. Where I grew up that is just the way you are. Blunt and brutally honest. mUch of what I say needs a lot more tact.

Thank you, What church do you go to?

Chris F
09-16-2009, 05:04 PM
Thank you, What church do you go to?

Currently I attend an Assemblies of God church which is what I was raised in.

NateR
09-16-2009, 05:26 PM
I was raised Baptist but currently attend a Presbyterian Church, so doctrinally-speaking how would an Assemblies of God Church differ from those?

Vizion
09-21-2009, 03:34 AM
No offense Mark, but just based on your first question I wouldn't be too inspired to post any replies to this thread either :sad:

Have to be honest.

Chris F
09-21-2009, 03:54 PM
I was raised Baptist but currently attend a Presbyterian Church, so doctrinally-speaking how would an Assemblies of God Church differ from those?

The biggest difference is AOG is Pentecostal and does not believe in eternal security, unconditional election, irresistible grace or perseverance of the Saints like the Presbyterians do. The core doctrines are completely the same. Virgin birth, Jesus is the only way, soon coming king. Sorry I missed this question earlier.

que
09-21-2009, 04:13 PM
Popcorn here I come

me too

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu182/My-Insurrection/21j0hli.gif

Vizion
09-21-2009, 07:38 PM
Popcorn here I come Which is why Chris isn't posting...he's not your entertainment. :Whistle::tongue0011:

Mark
09-21-2009, 09:23 PM
No offense Mark, but just based on your first question I wouldn't be too inspired to post any replies to this thread either :sad:

Have to be honest.

Well I am always proud to answer that question as I think everybody should be. My opinion is that Chris has read the bible but I couldn't really tell if he was a Christian with the way he acts on here. If your answer to the first question is yes, then why would you be offended if somebody asked? So are you a Christian? Mark

Vizion
09-21-2009, 09:41 PM
Well I am always proud to answer that question as I think everybody should be. My opinion is that Chris has read the bible but I couldn't really tell if he was a Christian with the way he acts on here. hmm....if you were so confused, why not just pm him in stead of publicly calling him out? I mean, the question in my mind shows that you doubted him being so...perhaps with the nature of sensitivity of such a question you would be wise to pm him.

And if you're asking me, well, all I can say is check out my links below and figure it out for yourself :)

Preach
09-21-2009, 09:47 PM
hmm....if you were so confused, why not just pm him in stead of publicly calling him out? I mean, the question in my mind shows that you doubted him being so...perhaps with the nature of sensitivity of such a question you would be wise to pm him.

And if you're asking me, well, all I can say is check out my links below and figure it out for yourself :)

One should never be ashamed to profess Christ. His word says if you are ashamed of me I shall be ashamed of unto the father. I love when people ask me to share my faith. And I will always welcome that question. Jesus freed me from the bondage of sin I am not what I used to be and I will tell the world

Preach
09-21-2009, 09:49 PM
hmm....if you were so confused, why not just pm him in stead of publicly calling him out? I mean, the question in my mind shows that you doubted him being so...perhaps with the nature of sensitivity of such a question you would be wise to pm him.

Why do you think its wrong to ask? Also why is it you have to be sensitive to the relationship that one has with Jesus. Or is this question to forward

Shane Lee 2
09-21-2009, 10:05 PM

Cry me a river! I have been asked harder qeustions than that hundreds of times publically. I have even been asked if I use my disability as a crutch and I turned it into and opportunity to inspire people.

I have personally sat in an audience of hundreds in Gresham, Oregon and listened to uncomfortable qeustions be asked to Mark in which he humbly and honestly answered. He earned allot of respect and admiration from me that day.

Jesus was called out publically many times and turned it into an opportunity. I don't think Mark was calling Chris out here but I think he was giving him and opportunity.

Mark
09-21-2009, 11:02 PM

To answer your first question I asked him no question that I wouldn't have answered for somebody else. Yes, I doubted him because I'm the type of guy that goes off what people have done not said they have done on the internet. From what I've seen on here I haven't seen a lot of good works from Chris.

I thought that was a great sermon (the video in your signature), I don't see where that showed me that you are a Christian or anybody else. I like it that Chris was able to put a date on when he became a Christian. Mine was 04/07/04.

NateR
09-22-2009, 01:29 AM

:blink: Did you not read Chris F's response? If Chris didn't get offended then why are you so worried about it?

I do not feel this is at all any attempt at Malice Mark. And yes I love to share what the Lord has done for me.

Also, I don't see how posting a link to a video, that states 99% of professing Christians are not saved at all, is proof that you are a Christian. What's so hard about giving Mark a yes or no answer?

adamt
09-22-2009, 01:32 AM
Are you a Christian? AMEN!!! Praise the Lord!!!

When did you become a Christian? When i was seven, baptized by immersion on may 20,1990
What church do you go to?grace community church toledo, iowa

When did you quit pastoring and why? never was a pastor but really involved, if interested i can post links to pics of our churchs events
Are you or have you ever been married? yep three years

Do you have kids? yep two and another one on the way, thus my sig "two arrowed archer"

Were you brought up in a Christian household? yep, praise the Lord

What bible college or seminary did you attend and what year did you graduate? n/a but i think i would go to Moody

I mean no disrespect with these questions, I just want to know more about you. And if you feel that these questions are too personal, then you can just PM me with the answers and you are more than welcome to ask me any question you want.

Don't think of this as an interrogation, think of it as a chance to share your testimony and who doesn't want to share their testimony? That's what I think!!

i just wanted to post my answers to see what the big deal was about,,, Holy Cow,, I thought it was going to be like pulling teeth but it really wasn't that bad..... :tongue0011:

Vizion
09-22-2009, 03:10 AM
From what I've seen on here I haven't seen a lot of good works from Chris. hmm...that's different. Pretty bold I guess.

Vizion
09-22-2009, 03:16 AM
I don't see how posting a link to a video, that states 99% of professing Christians are not saved at all, is proof that you are a Christian. What's so hard about giving Mark a yes or no answer? There's nothing hard about it, but it's all in context if someone is asking because they are genuinely curious whether you are, or just to see if you "consider" yourself to be one.

The site I linked to is evangelistic...do you agree?

NateR
09-22-2009, 05:09 PM
There's nothing hard about it, but it's all in context if someone is asking because they are genuinely curious whether you are, or just to see if you "consider" yourself to be one.

The site I linked to is evangelistic...do you agree?

So, do you feel that Chris F is being unfairly singled out?

rearnakedchoke
09-22-2009, 05:33 PM
One should never be ashamed to profess Christ. His word says if you are ashamed of me I shall be ashamed of unto the father. I love when people ask me to share my faith. And I will always welcome that question. Jesus freed me from the bondage of sin I am not what I used to be and I will tell the world

I agree 100% ...

rearnakedchoke
09-22-2009, 05:34 PM
So, do you feel that Chris F is being unfairly singled out?

I guess he wasn't around when Chris F was questioning Mark's faith.

Buzzard
09-22-2009, 05:52 PM
I guess he wasn't around when Chris F was questioning Mark's faith.

Would you please place a link to that thread? I don't recall seeing him do that in any of the threads I've read.

Preach
09-22-2009, 06:32 PM
Would you please place a link to that thread? I don't recall seeing him do that in any of the threads I've read.

And I am certain you have read every thread and every post correct:ninja:

rearnakedchoke
09-22-2009, 07:01 PM

It was in the soda/tax thread ... there are so many pages in that thread though ... now chris f may not have been directly been questioning mark's faith, but the way he says things makes it look like it .. but there were more than one person who took it that way ..

Vizion
09-22-2009, 09:04 PM
So, do you feel that Chris F is being unfairly singled out? Good question...he's obviously singled out...unfairly...well, apperently you and Mark know more than I do about Chris F. I just feel the nature of the thread was rather....interrogating....:ninja:

Chuck
09-22-2009, 09:34 PM
Good question...he's obviously singled out...unfairly...well, apperently you and Mark know more than I do about Chris F. I just feel the nature of the thread was rather....interrogating....:ninja:

Unfair? Who knows....

But singled out? That's a no brainer... if an entire thread is dedicated to just you (been there, done that) then I'm pretty sure you are being singled out. :D

Jonlion
09-22-2009, 10:15 PM
This reminds me that I really want to share my testimony and coming to Christ on here with you guys. I will get onto this real soon.

My only other comment on here at this moment is that I have seen the light and i love jesus, but i still struggle every day.

Whilst i profess my faith now, there are times it is difficult and better and greater men than me have denied Christ, even 3 times, so we need to think on that.

God Bless

Vizion
09-22-2009, 11:46 PM
Hey, I just have to say something. I very seldom EVER disagree with NateR.

If NateR ran for president (AND HE SHOULD), I would volunteer for his campaign-maybe I could be his chairman. I think Mark should be vice-pres. Chuck, you can be the exec. secretariat :laugh:

I really respect your opinions, sorry if I can be bitchy, but sometimes I like to goad you guys because I like what you have to say. May be I just like to be admonished too :laugh: I never had a big brother to put me in my place - so sorry about that if I's bugin on you :frantics:

this forum has saved me from going "elsewhere" on the web, so I truly value it and whenever I see certain names I have to read what they are saying.

God bless

Shane Lee 2
09-22-2009, 11:48 PM
Unfair? Who knows....

But singled out? That's a no brainer... if an entire thread is dedicated to just you (been there, done that) then I'm pretty sure you are being singled out. :D

Chuck I am sure you have been singled out in a dark room under a hot lamp many times in your life.......

You have built up a tolerance.. LOL :happydancing:

Chuck
09-23-2009, 12:00 AM
Chuck I am sure you have been singled out in a dark room under a hot lamp many times in your life.......

You have built up a tolerance.. LOL :happydancing:

So you WERE there!!!!!! :ninja:

Chuck
09-23-2009, 12:07 AM
Hey, I just have to say something. I very seldom EVER disagree with NateR.

If NateR ran for president (AND HE SHOULD), I would volunteer for his campaign-maybe I could be his chairman. I think Mark should be vice-pres. Chuck, you can be the exec. secretariat :laugh:

I really respect your opinions, sorry if I can be bitchy, but sometimes I like to goad you guys because I like what you have to say. May be I just like to be admonished too :laugh: I never had a big brother to put me in my place - so sorry about that if I's bugin on you :frantics:

this forum has saved me from going "elsewhere" on the web, so I truly value it and whenever I see certain names I have to read what they are saying.

God bless

:cry: Geez man.... do we need to hug now???

Don't go anywhere.... it's nice to have you here.:wink:

TexasRN
09-23-2009, 12:19 AM
:cry: Geez man.... do we need to hug now???

Don't go anywhere.... it's nice to have you here.:wink:

Oh geez, Chuck. I told you to quit using that estrogen cream over a month ago!

~Amy

Chris F
09-23-2009, 01:03 AM
I do not in any way feel Mark was integrating me. I was more then happy to share my answers.

I never directly challenge anyone's faith, that's God's Job. I may, just like Mark, ask one to ask themselves if they are truly saved. My job as a minister of the gospel is to press others to reach higher levels of faith. Also to exhort and call sin, sin.

Besides Chuck is right who does like to have a thread dedicated to them. :laugh:

Chuck
09-23-2009, 01:31 AM
I do not in any way feel Mark was integrating me. I was more then happy to share my answers.

I never directly challenge anyone's faith, that's God's Job. I may, just like Mark, ask one to ask themselves if they are truly saved. My job as a minister of the gospel is to press others to reach higher levels of faith. Also to exhort and call sin, sin.

Besides Chuck is right who does like to have a thread dedicated to them. :laugh:

So after everything that's been going on around here recently I'm not looking to stir crap up again or pick a fight with you brother but it seems like you and I have a different definition of what the job of a minister is. What you identify as your job I would identify as the job of the Holy Spirit.

I thought the job of a minister is to share the gospel? To preach? Teach? Maybe I'm misunderstanding the different titles??? Pastor, Preacher, Minister...

What say you?

Chris F
09-23-2009, 02:02 AM
So after everything that's been going on around here recently I'm not looking to stir crap up again or pick a fight with you brother but it seems like you and I have a different definition of what the job of a minister is. What you identify as your job I would identify as the job of the Holy Spirit.

I thought the job of a minister is to share the gospel? To preach? Teach? Maybe I'm misunderstanding the different titles??? Pastor, Preacher, Minister...

What say you?

2 tim 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

KJV 2 Timothy 4:1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;
2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
5 But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.

Buzzard
09-23-2009, 02:30 AM
And I am certain you have read every thread and every post correct:ninja:

Just goes to show that even you can be wrong.:ninja:

It's a bold accusation to say Chris F questioned Mark's faith. As others have claimed on this forum when a falsehood is attributed to a person, it's slanderous and libelous.

Since Chris F is like the local leper, the bandwagon just keeps on rolling since the false accusation was only against Chris F and not someone with a club card.

NateR
09-23-2009, 03:00 AM
Just goes to show that even you can be wrong.:ninja:

It's a bold accusation to say Chris F questioned Mark's faith. As others have claimed on this forum when a falsehood is attributed to a person, it's slanderous and libelous.

Since Chris F is like the local leper, the bandwagon just keeps on rolling since the false accusation was only against Chris F and not someone with a club card.

Untrue, if that were the case, he would have been banned months ago. Neither Mark nor I want Chris F to leave the site.

Neezar
09-23-2009, 03:49 AM
I do not in any way feel Mark was integrating me.

Another Freudian slip? :laugh:

Chris F
09-23-2009, 04:10 AM
:laugh:Another Freudian slip? :laugh:

:laugh:No just horrible spelling.

Buzzard
09-23-2009, 07:22 AM
Untrue, if that were the case, he would have been banned months ago. Neither Mark nor I want Chris F to leave the site.

What's untrue? Is it that Chris F was accused of questioning Mark's faith? That's true.

The attack bandwagon may have slowed a little, but I would wager money that it will be up to full speed again shortly. Maybe not in this thread, but I still see it happening.

I never stated that anyone meant to ban Chris F, so I still don't get what is untrue.

warriorlion
09-23-2009, 01:04 PM
What's untrue? Is it that Chris F was accused of questioning Mark's faith? That's true.

The attack bandwagon may have slowed a little, but I would wager money that it will be up to full speed again shortly. Maybe not in this thread, but I still see it happening.

I never stated that anyone meant to ban Chris F, so I still don't get what is untrue.

Buzzard are you building your post count???

you will never reach Dave's count.

The only bandwagon I see rolling here is one that you seem to be trying to stir.

You think Chris is the local Leper??? because people disagree with him??? or because people post against some of the things he says???

so does that make everyone on here a leper, I have disagreed with most people on here on a number of occasions.

Heck that makes me worse than a leper, I get argued with all the time.

Just coz someone was asked a few questions about their faith, doesnt make them hated.

I am impressed that both Chris and Mark can give a date, I cant. I know I was 14 when I surrendered my life to Christ, I can tell you that made it 1995 and that it was towards the end of that summer, but the day no can do.

adamt
09-23-2009, 02:41 PM

ooh ooh if i were an arrogant know-it-all, could i be the local leper!!!!

Chris F
09-23-2009, 03:31 PM
ooh ooh if i were an arrogant know-it-all, could i be the local leper!!!!

Sure but you got you go learn it all to be a know it all. :laugh: I believe this is exactly what Buzzard is refering to. Pompous post like yours when really there is no point behind it. Besides If I knew it all I would be able to spell now wouldn't I? :wink:

rearnakedchoke
09-23-2009, 04:12 PM
Sure but you got you go learn it all to be a know it all. :laugh: I believe this is exactly what Buzzard is refering to. Pompous post like yours when really there is no point behind it. Besides If I knew it all I would be able to spell now wouldn't I? :wink:

and also know how to form a sentence ... :tongue0011:

Chris F
09-23-2009, 04:27 PM
and also know how to form a sentence ... :tongue0011:

hardly anyone on here is a proper grammarian with their their sentences. So I will not waste my time using commas and such. Most everyone simply posts like they talk which for everyone is usually in incomplete or run on sentences. I know how to write but I cannot spell for the life of me.

Llamafighter
09-23-2009, 05:06 PM
theirs know cents in gettin picky about grahmer an spellun

MattHughesRocks
09-23-2009, 05:25 PM
Two words :Mozilla Firefox:)

TENNESSEAN
09-23-2009, 06:48 PM
really? are you guys gonna start bickering over spelling now? :laugh:
dave leaves for a few weeks and the whole place erupts in nothing but bickering.:)
i told dave this morning that he had pages and pages of cyber feuds to read when he gets home.

TENNESSEAN
09-23-2009, 06:51 PM
theirs know cents in gettin picky about grahmer an spellun

i no theirs a hidden msg here somewhere but for the life of me i cant find it

Rev
09-23-2009, 10:14 PM
hardly anyone on here is a proper grammarian with their their sentences. So I will not waste my time using commas and such. Most everyone simply posts like they talk which for everyone is usually in incomplete or run on sentences. I know how to write but I cannot spell for the life of me.
Now thats jsut bull, i got purfekt spellin and gram.. gramu.... gra.... umm. scentence makin skillz.

que
09-24-2009, 04:36 PM
i don't think chris f is the local leper, everyone here gives him respect and no one disrespects him that i have seen. in fact people give him much attention, so if anything he is the popular guy right now. i would classify a leper as that one dude, a while back, who kept getting banned and kept coming back under a new name and new IP. he did that like 5 times in a row and everyone hated him. the funny thing is, i can't even remember a single one of his user names. lol

Preach
09-24-2009, 05:38 PM
i don't think chris f is the local leper, everyone here gives him respect and no one disrespects him that i have seen. in fact people give him much attention, so if anything he is the popular guy right now. i would classify a leper as that one dude, a while back, who kept getting banned and kept coming back under a new name and new IP. he did that like 5 times in a row and everyone hated him. the funny thing is, i can't even remember a single one of his user names. lol

It was Que

rearnakedchoke
09-24-2009, 06:23 PM
It was Que

i think it was Californication ...

NateR
09-25-2009, 04:44 AM

Was it Badonkadonk? He logged on with several different variations of that name.

KENTUCKYREDBONE
10-02-2009, 11:21 PM
I was really young when I got Baptised in Jesus name! If memory serves the words were I now baptise you in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ! Now it was years later when I was in 8th grade that I actually got the infilling of the Holy Ghost! The Preacher that Baptized me was Rev. Skaggs! The Pastor of the Church I got the Holy Ghost in was Rev.Tony Carson!
I was raised and still believe in the Apostolic Pentecostal doctrine! I wish I had the dates memorized but I don't!

Conrad
10-10-2009, 12:26 AM

(ok, I'll bite.)

Careful Chris, make sure you log in often enough (and not just read) or you'll lose your club card before you know it.

Ok, now seriously...
I just had my faith questioned the other night. I was actually being asked what my theology was, but it slipped towards questioning my faith. It's wasn't intentional or obvious. (Whereas, Mark's initial survey was quite straightforward, blunt, this guy was just sloppy.) To lighten this note, what made the other night funny was that in asking me my beliefs, if I hit one that he didn't like but was a Biblical citation (specifically that we're all slaves to sin before salvation comes), my interrogator would just change the topic instead of dealing with scripture. LoL. He had a chip on his shoulder is all.

Point? sometimes if we get questioned, it's not as big of a deal as it seems. It can tell me either where I need to straighten up or where the questioner is in pain.

LM

Chris F
10-10-2009, 12:37 AM
The verse I hold on to whenever people attack me for my beliefs and my faith is this maybe it will bring you some comfort as well next time you face an interrogator.

1 Peter 3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
16 Having a good conscience; that, whereas they speak evil of you, as of evildoers, they may be ashamed that falsely accuse your good conversation in Christ.
17 For it is better, if the will of God be so, that ye suffer for well doing, than for evil doing

que
10-10-2009, 12:50 AM
Was it Badonkadonk? He logged on with several different variations of that name.

that might have been one of his SN's but i don't remember that one. i think one of his longest lasting SN's had the word "dog" in it