PDA

View Full Version : And leave your brat at home!

MattHughesRocks
09-14-2009, 03:46 AM
:laugh:

Thanks, you little f*****': Family horrified after restaurant bill makes clear what waiters thought of Molly, two

By Daily Mail Reporter
Last updated at 1:02 PM on 11th September 2009

Most parents have experienced their young children getting restless when waiting for a meal in a restaurant.

But not many get the bill at the end of it with a message describing their offspring as a 'little f*****'.

This is what happened to parents Craig and Kimberley Cartin at a Mexican restaurant in Halifax, West Yorkshire, where they received the receipt which had 'Thankyyou littell f*****' written on it.
Insult: Two-year-old Molly got restless when their food took a long time and was called a 'little f***er' on the bill at the end of the meal

Insult: Two-year-old Molly got restless when her family's food took a long time and was called a 'little f*****' on the bill at the end of the meal

Visiting the brand new eaterie, called Cactus Joe's, on its opening weekend the family had already been frustrated by slow service and poor food, which caused hungry two-year-old Molly to complain.
'Unbelievably offensive': The family's receipt - the obscenity is the last item on the bill

'Unbelievably offensive': The family's receipt - the obscenity is the last item on the bill

The couple believe her mild protests triggered the shocking comment - despite being seated in the advertised 'kids' zone'.

Fuming Craig, a 34-year-old administrator, said: 'I couldn't believe my eyes. The meal was indifferent anyway but to be abused on the bill is unbelievably offensive.

'I consider myself a fairly easy-going guy but this was too much, it's awful behaviour.

'Molly was a bit grumbly, a bit moany, but her behaviour certainly wasn't terrible - so this was just uncalled for. Presumably they meant to delete it before printing but it's still no excuse.'

Kimberley, 25, who was also with one-year-old daughter Megan at the time, described how the family had to wait a long time for their meal and then the offensive bill.

She said: 'It was really quiet when we were in there.

'But somehow they still managed to take that long to serve us and after about 20 minutes, Molly started to get restless and a bit impatient.

'She wanted to get up and walk around but we wouldn't let her so she had a little tantrum.

'When we asked for the bill there was another long wait so I went up to pay at the counter and that is when I saw the swear word on the bill.

'I couldn't believe it. The woman looked really embarrassed and the manager apologised but I could still see people whispering and sniggering.

'It's out of order.'

Restaurant owner Steve Ryan apologised for the message and said the member of staff responsible, believed to be a 29-year-old manageress, had been sacked.

He said: 'This was absolutely inexcusable and it won't be tolerated. The person involved has been sacked and I am planning on consulting my lawyers to see if I can take further action against her.
'Out of order': Cactus Joe's restaurant in Halifax where the family were given the offensive bill

'Out of order': Cactus Joe's restaurant in Halifax where the family were given the offensive bill

'I have visited the customer involved and invited him to be our guest this weekend. We offer unreserved apologies.'

The incident rounds off a torrid first fortnight for the restaurant.

After opening on August 28 it had to close again just days later because the gas supply was inadequate causing dozens of cancellations.

Kimberley said she and Craig turned down the restaurant's offer to be their guest.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1212583/Family-horrified-getting-restaurant-describing-year-old-daughter-little-f--er.html

Neezar
09-14-2009, 05:02 AM

Michelle, were you their waitress? lol

MattHughesRocks
09-14-2009, 05:09 AM
Well...ummmmm.nooooo:unsure-1:

Michelle, were you their waitress? lol

VCURamFan
09-14-2009, 05:13 AM
No, the waiter was that 60yr old guy from Wal-Mart we read about last week.:Whistle:

MattHughesRocks
09-14-2009, 05:25 AM
Yeah he got fired from WalMart and went there. I'm just glad he didnt hit this kid :laugh:

No, the waiter was that 60yr old guy from Wal-Mart we read about last week.:Whistle:

County Mike
09-14-2009, 12:10 PM
She wanted to get up and walk around but we wouldn't let her so she had a little tantrum.

Yeah. I'm sure she was a little angel. I hate screaming kids at a restaurant (or just about anywhere really). If you're at Chuck-E-Cheese, then whatever. If I'm at a decent restaurant I don't want to hear some kid screaming and I definitely don't want to see one running around the place. Keep the little f----- at home. :)

bradwright
09-14-2009, 01:34 PM
Yeah. I'm sure she was a little angel. I hate screaming kids at a restaurant (or just about anywhere really). If you're at Chuck-E-Cheese, then whatever. If I'm at a decent restaurant I don't want to hear some kid screaming and I definitely want to see one running around the place. Keep the little f----- at home. :)

:laugh::laugh::laugh:.....but true:wink:

Vizion
09-17-2009, 12:28 PM
ummm...

this is news? :unsure-1:

County Mike
09-17-2009, 02:29 PM
ummm...

this is news? :unsure-1:

Did you already know about it? If not, it's news. :tongue0011:

Chris F
09-17-2009, 04:46 PM
She only said what everyone in the building was thinking. Since she was a manager she should have told the parents to control their kid or the food would be to go. I have done that before because other customers do not want to their night ruined by an undisciplined little kid.

Twinsmama
09-17-2009, 06:31 PM
I hope that when you have "told the parents to control the kid or the food would be to go" you were a little less blunt than you seem on here. I do agree with every ounce of me that the parents should have taken her outside so that they weren't being rude.

I'm just not as rude...oops i mean blunt as you and would say it a little more tactful than that.

I'm sure like usual you are going to debate the fact that you weren't rude or didn't mean to sound so blunt......

Buzzard
09-18-2009, 12:02 AM
I hope that when you have "told the parents to control the kid or the food would be to go" you were a little less blunt than you seem on here. I do agree with every ounce of me that the parents should have taken her outside so that they weren't being rude.

I'm just not as rude...oops i mean blunt as you and would say it a little more tactful than that.

I'm sure like usual you are going to debate the fact that you weren't rude or didn't mean to sound so blunt......

Chris F never mentioned how he said it, and you seem to be pre-judging him. Me, I have no problems with the way Chris F comes across for the most part even though we have differing opinions on many matters. If one goes looking for faults in people, I'm sure some can be found in all.

That said, I hate having an evening ruined by an undisciplined child and parents who won't act like parents. I agree with what County Mike said too.

bradwright
09-18-2009, 12:58 AM
Chris F never mentioned how he said it, and you seem to be pre-judging him. Me, I have no problems with the way Chris F comes across for the most part even though we have differing opinions on many matters. If one goes looking for faults in people, I'm sure some can be found in all.

That said, I hate having an evening ruined by an undisciplined child and parents who won't act like parents. I agree with what County Mike said too.

i agree with you 100%.

when my son was very young my wife and i never took him to a formal restaurant...not that he was a bad kid because he wasn't, we just didn't want to take the chance of disturbing anyone that was out for a relaxing meal if for some reason he did decide to act up.

Neezar
09-18-2009, 03:22 AM

That's a shocker.

Buzzard
09-18-2009, 03:44 AM
That's a shocker.

Isn't it though? :laugh:

Neezar
09-18-2009, 03:46 AM
Isn't it though? :laugh:

I was prepared to make a joke out of anything you replied. And here you one up'd me. :laugh:

Chris F
09-18-2009, 04:04 AM

How I am on here as far as my speech is as equally blunt in my personal and professional life. What you see is what you get with me. What is so wrong with telling people exactly what you are thinking? I grew up on the west coast and coastal people tend to be more blunt. Whereas Midwest and Northerners tend to be hyper sensitive and beat around the bush when they speak. The customer in my case was very upset, but the rest of the store was very appreciative.

Chris F
09-18-2009, 04:09 AM

Thanks Buzzard. I know we disagree on a lot of things but it is nice to see we can agree about unruly kids and people loving to jump to certain prejudices. :laugh:

Miss Foxy
09-18-2009, 03:43 PM
IMHO some people need to STFU and get over it! Its a 50/50 scenario. True sometimes a child is being bratty and the parents should take the child outside and walk it out or to the restroom for an old fashioned scolding!!
However sometimes we should as human beings be a little compassionate or tolerant of children. Maybe the child has special needs. The parent should utimately take control of the situation before it gets way outta hand that I do agree with. I remember the days my children would act up and I had to learn where and where not to take them. I don't believe in fine dining when you have a child thats in his/or her terrible 2's like Mike stated thats fine at Chuck E Cheese...

Miss Foxy
09-18-2009, 03:45 PM
How I am on here as far as my speech is as equally blunt in my personal and professional life. What you see is what you get with me. What is so wrong with telling people exactly what you are thinking? I grew up on the west coast and coastal people tend to be more blunt. Whereas Midwest and Northerners tend to be hyper sensitive and beat around the bush when they speak. The customer in my case was very upset, but the rest of the store was very appreciative.

WESTSIDE! lol..J/k..:laugh:

Mark
09-18-2009, 06:35 PM
Yeah. I'm sure she was a little angel. I hate screaming kids at a restaurant (or just about anywhere really). If you're at Chuck-E-Cheese, then whatever. If I'm at a decent restaurant I don't want to hear some kid screaming and I definitely don't want to see one running around the place. Keep the little f----- at home. :)

I thought we lived in a free country?

Mark
09-18-2009, 06:37 PM
[QUOTE=Chris F;68283]She only said what everyone in the building was thinking. QUOTE]

How do you know that?

Mark
09-18-2009, 06:44 PM
Since she was a manager she should have told the parents to control their kid or the food would be to go.

Would this be your first step? I would hope that you would go talk to the parent first (tactfully) before you would tell them the food would be to go. I have kids and they mind me well or we go to the bathroom.

NateR
09-18-2009, 06:50 PM
Would this be your first step? I would hope that you would go talk to the parent first (tactfully) before you would tell them the food would be to go. I have kids and they mind me well or we go to the bathroom.

Yeah, I think any waiter or busboy (not exactly sure what position Chris F filled while he worked at this restaurant) who just walked up to a couple and essentially said, "Shut your kid up or get out," would probably deserve to be fired for being disrespectful to the customers.

VCURamFan
09-18-2009, 06:51 PM
:ninja:

That's pretty much how my dad handled it, too. Odd thing was I'd obey him just about everywhere except for church.:blink:

Buzzard
09-18-2009, 07:12 PM
[QUOTE=Chris F;68283]She only said what everyone in the building was thinking. QUOTE]

How do you know that?

Because he's psychic, silly.:laugh:

Neezar
09-18-2009, 08:32 PM
I think resorting to a spanking might be a bit much. When my kids act up in public I just take them for a ride and talk it out. They come around to my way of thinking pretty fast. And I only had to do it once.

Let me see if I can find that pic....

Neezar
09-18-2009, 08:32 PM
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i47/neezar086/funnies/1rideincar.jpg

Buzzard
09-18-2009, 08:46 PM
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i47/neezar086/funnies/1rideincar.jpg

That's a young pic of Forrest Griffin.

Neezar
09-18-2009, 08:50 PM
That's a young pic of Forrest Griffin.

Yep. I'm his mom. Didn't you know that? :unsure-1:

Twinsmama
09-18-2009, 09:27 PM

What is wrong with telling people exactly what you are thinking? really? people need to know when to say things. there needs to be some sort of filter in your brain that slows stuff down long enough to wonder if what you are saying will hurt someones feelings. what if your wife was grumblin about how long it took to be served and I overheard and said "boy your wife is a bitch". just because someone is not handling a situation like you would doesn't mean you can be rude. it doesn't matter where you were grew up it's more a questions of manners. If I was a customer and heard you act like that to someone elses kids I sure wouldn't thank you. I know my response has nothing to do with the subject but you sure rub me the wrong way.

Besides I'm calling BS on you. I don't think you've done half of what you've said. I believe you are just a person that likes drama and conflict. It sounds like you are always trying to let people know you are above them. Whether it has to do with religion, working, etc I might be prejudging but hey it's just what I'm thinking... Since you grew up on the east coast and aren't hypersensitive I'm sure my thoughts don't bother you. I am sitting here wondering where you were that day the kid got slapped in Walmart!

I do agree that you should not take kids somewhere if they don't know how to act. Mine are good and I've never had to take them to the bathroom but I would.

Chris F
09-19-2009, 12:52 AM
I thought we lived in a free country?

Mark a private business is not subject to public freedoms. Thus the reason the sign right to refuse service to anyone are legal.

Chris F
09-19-2009, 12:53 AM

How do you know that?

What Buzzard said. :)

Chris F
09-19-2009, 12:54 AM

I would figure the waiter done tried to get the parents to do their job before the manager got involved. My response is based on the parents getting a chance to quite their child.

Chris F
09-19-2009, 12:56 AM
Yeah, I think any waiter or busboy (not exactly sure what position Chris F filled while he worked at this restaurant) who just walked up to a couple and essentially said, "Shut your kid up or get out," would probably deserve to be fired for being disrespectful to the customers.

I was the manager NateR. And my circumstance they had ample warning. One angry customer is better then 20.

Chris F
09-19-2009, 12:58 AM
:ninja:

That's pretty much how my dad handled it, too. Odd thing was I'd obey him just about everywhere except for church.:blink:

When i was a kid the gov had not intruded parental rights yet and I was whacked there at the table.

Black Mamba
09-19-2009, 01:06 AM
[QUOTE=Mark;68559]Would this be your first step? I would hope that you would go talk to the parent first (tactfully) before you would tell them the food would be to go. I have kids and they mind me well or we go to the bathroom. [QUOTE]

Or the dressing room or you got it when you got back home. :laugh: I remember that all too well when I was little. From the hanger, to the spatula, fly swatter, belt, flip flop....you brought back some memories there Mark.

Chris F
09-19-2009, 01:11 AM
What is wrong with telling people exactly what you are thinking? really? people need to know when to say things. there needs to be some sort of filter in your brain that slows stuff down long enough to wonder if what you are saying will hurt someones feelings. what if your wife was grumblin about how long it took to be served and I overheard and said "boy your wife is a bitch". just because someone is not handling a situation like you would doesn't mean you can be rude. it doesn't matter where you were grew up it's more a questions of manners. If I was a customer and heard you act like that to someone elses kids I sure wouldn't thank you. I know my response has nothing to do with the subject but you sure rub me the wrong way.

Besides I'm calling BS on you. I don't think you've done half of what you've said. I believe you are just a person that likes drama and conflict. It sounds like you are always trying to let people know you are above them. Whether it has to do with religion, working, etc I might be prejudging but hey it's just what I'm thinking... Since you grew up on the east coast and aren't hypersensitive I'm sure my thoughts don't bother you. I am sitting here wondering where you were that day the kid got slapped in Walmart!

I do agree that you should not take kids somewhere if they don't know how to act. Mine are good and I've never had to take them to the bathroom but I would.

1. If a waiter said that I would put a hurting on him. However he was free to his opinion but his opinion got him hurt. You have faulty logic and what you said is nothing but a fallacy.

2. I think you misread or just can't read because I never said I addressed the kids just the parents. It is not the kids fault the parents can't do their job.

3. I never said East coast so I am for sure you have difficulty with basic reading comprehension.

4. What proof do you require? I have done everything I said and for you to say I have not without proof is asinine and just as rude as anyhting I have ever said. By you calling me a liar you have essentially you have made yourself a hypocrite.

I am sure this comment rubs you wrong as well. If what I say rubs you the wrong way it may be wise to just skip over my post and save yourself the ill feelings.

Buzzard
09-19-2009, 01:17 AM
When i was a kid the gov had not intruded parental rights yet and I was whacked there at the table.

Yeah, I had the fear of "the belt" instilled in me. Nothing worse back then than pissing off my dad. My parents were always complimented on my brothers and my behavior whenever we went out. It seems that manners are a lost art in many homes now.

Mark
09-19-2009, 02:36 AM
I grew up on the west coast and coastal people tend to be more blunt.

Ypu grew up in the East coast, thats nice to know.

Mark
09-19-2009, 02:37 AM
I grew up on the west coast and coastal people tend to be more blunt.

You grew up in the East coast, thats nice to know.

Mark
09-19-2009, 02:39 AM
3. I never said East coast so I am for sure you have difficulty with basic reading comprehension.

I thought you did say you grew up in the east coast?

Chris F
09-19-2009, 02:43 AM

just an fyi to make sure you all are on the same page when you attack me

Mark
09-19-2009, 02:44 AM
Mark a private business is not subject to public freedoms. Thus the reason the sign right to refuse service to anyone are legal.

Sorry, I didnt know the restaurant had a sign outside that said no kids allowed

Mark
09-19-2009, 02:45 AM
just an fyi to make sure you all are on the same page when you attack me

you got me

Mark
09-19-2009, 02:47 AM
I would figure the waiter done tried to get the parents to do their job before the manager got involved. My response is based on the parents getting a chance to quite their child.

You didnt say that in your first post.

Chris F
09-19-2009, 02:50 AM
Sorry, I didnt know the restaurant had a sign outside that said no kids allowed

The article made no mention of any sign. :wink: I was refering to your remark about this being a free country in context to the poster prior. An establishment has the right to refuse to serve anyone. Which many places use that right more then we know. I have seen places refuse to serve people based on anything from race to their smell etc.

Chris F
09-19-2009, 02:55 AM
You didnt say that in your first post.

The article does not say anything about it so I presumed they did. Since it is silent you cannot assume they did not anymore then I can presume they did. Thus my comment are based solely on the presumption they made some sort of attempt to reconcile the situation.

Mark
09-19-2009, 03:05 AM
The article does not say anything about it so I presumed they did. Since it is silent you cannot assume they did not anymore then I can presume they did. Thus my comment are based solely on the presumption they made some sort of attempt to reconcile the situation.

I was just going off what you said.

Chris F
09-19-2009, 03:09 AM
I was just going off what you said.

:laugh: This is why people misunderstand. You have to keep it in context.

Chris F
09-19-2009, 03:21 AM
For those questioning my Masters degree in History here is a link to prove it. I am about a quarter of the way down my last name is Fluharty. The asterisk denotes those who have graduated. This is a university website so I cannot invent it.

http://history.missouristate.edu/graduate_program/grad%20committees.htm

NateR
09-19-2009, 03:46 AM
For those questioning my Masters degree in History here is a link to prove it. I am about a quarter of the way down my last name is Fluharty. The asterisk denotes those who have graduated. This is a university website so I cannot invent it.

http://history.missouristate.edu/graduate_program/grad%20committees.htm

Is this you?
http://www.myspace.com/thug4life_187420

Buzzard
09-19-2009, 03:57 AM
Is this you?

Wait a minute, is this you?

http://www.myspace.com/stormrider5

:)

Do you have stuff on DeviantArt?

If that is your artwork I'm seeing, you've got a great talent there! Wow, I'm impressed.

NateR
09-19-2009, 04:09 AM
Wait a minute, is this you?

http://www.myspace.com/stormrider5

:)

Do you have stuff on DeviantArt?

If that is your artwork I'm seeing, you've got a great talent there! Wow, I'm impressed.

No. :laugh:

And yes, but there are two Nathan Rosarios on DeviantArt. I'm only one of them; but I'm sure you can figure out which one. :)

Chris F
09-19-2009, 04:11 AM
Is this you?

:laugh::laugh: Yeah how did you find me. :laugh::laugh: I do not do myspace or facebook. I spend most of my time on political and faith based forums like this. I am sure since you probaly googled me NateR you found some interesting things. This is not the only forum that thinks I am rude, egotistical, and self promoting. As I said I am consistent on my personality. When I ran for office there were all sorts of nice things said about me. I am very stubborn in my opinions and my convictions. So see you all aren't the only ones who hate me and my comments. :laugh:

Chuck
09-19-2009, 05:18 AM
:laugh::laugh: Yeah how did you find me. :laugh::laugh: I do not do myspace or facebook. I spend most of my time on political and faith based forums like this. I am sure since you probaly googled me NateR you found some interesting things. This is not the only forum that thinks I am rude, egotistical, and self promoting. As I said I am consistent on my personality. When I ran for office there were all sorts of nice things said about me. I am very stubborn in my opinions and my convictions. So see you all aren't the only ones who hate me and my comments. :laugh:

How do you reconcile this with your faith? You come across as almost proud of the fact that people have very negative feelings about you.

Do you think coming across as rude, egotistical & self promoting helps you to share the gospel? Do you think these are characteristics that Christ had?

Chris F
09-19-2009, 05:26 AM
How do you reconcile this with your faith? You come across as almost proud of the fact that people have very negative feelings about you.

Do you think coming across as rude, egotistical & self promoting helps you to share the gospel? Do you think these are characteristics that Christ had?

If that is what people think I can't control that. Paul often cited his credentials when addressing people. As did Peter and the other apostles. So there is plenty biblical support. As far as sounding proud. Not so at all. Pride is a sin. That was your observation based on your predetermined opinion of me. I get that a lot because people rarely take the time to get to know the person behind the blunt exterior.

Chuck
09-19-2009, 05:52 AM

If that is what people think I can't control that. Paul often cited his credentials when addressing people. As did Peter and the other apostles. So there is plenty biblical support. As far as sounding proud. Not so at all. Pride is a sin. That was your observation based on your predetermined opinion of me. I get that a lot because people rarely take the time to get to know the person behind the blunt exterior.

Couple things...
1) To say you can't control what people think is a complete cop out and shows a lack of taking responsibility for your own actions. Can you share with me chapter and verse that would support that? Have you noticed that NONE of the Beatitudes seem to fit you? :huh:

2) Paul and Peter often shared their credentials? I'd like to see chapter and verse on that. They often shared who they were and under who's authority they came to present the gospel.. I'm not aware of them "often" sharing what they've accomplished.

3) That's completely incorrect. You're twisting things or making assumptions. I simply repeated YOUR words... what you said other people think about you... I never said it's what I think.

4) I asked you 2 questions in my post. Both of them re-posted again in bold. Can you answer them this time?

Chris F
09-20-2009, 01:19 AM
Couple things...
1) To say you can't control what people think is a complete cop out and shows a lack of taking responsibility for your own actions. Can you share with me chapter and verse that would support that? Have you noticed that NONE of the Beatitudes seem to fit you? :huh: To this I say you obviously do not grasp the sermon on the mount then. What was Jesus doing when he preached it. to Whom was he refering to? When you understand the context you will realize none of us truly meet the beatitudes and can only strive for them.

2) Paul and Peter often shared their credentials? I'd like to see chapter and verse on that. They often shared who they were and under who's authority they came to present the gospel.. I'm not aware of them "often" sharing what they've accomplished. Do you not recall when Paul said I was a pharisee of Pharisees of pharisees and who who and where he trained? Do you not recall Peter on numerous occasions refering to his direct gospel from Jesus. Sorry Chuck it is all in there if you just look.

3) That's completely incorrect. You're twisting things or making assumptions. I simply repeated YOUR words... what you said other people think about you... I never said it's what I think.Not sure what you are refering here

4) I asked you 2 questions in my post. Both of them re-posted again in bold. Can you answer them this time?

I have answered this repeatedly in this thread. Sharing the gospel is about availability to the Spirits leading not the delivery. Did God not use a donkey

Secondly Christ never caudled anyone and when he was challenged he turned it around onto them. So yes I sincerely believe if Jesus were here posting today you all would attack him just as you are me because he did not soften his speech and pamper your egos/

Chuck
09-20-2009, 01:53 AM
I have answered this repeatedly in this thread. Sharing the gospel is about availability to the Spirits leading not the delivery. Did God not use a donkey

Secondly Christ never caudled anyone and when he was challenged he turned it around onto them. So yes I sincerely believe if Jesus were here posting today you all would attack him just as you are me because he did not soften his speech and pamper your egos/

It's all rhetoric to excuse your arrogant, rude behavior. It appears the message of the cross is completely lost on you Chris.

I wonder how many people you've driven away from Christ with your attitude... If you weren't so prideful and arrogant I imagine the Holy Spirit would be convicting you.

I pity you.

MattHughesRocks
09-20-2009, 05:59 AM
Chuck, don't waste your typed words. It's obvious that he has to act like an ass to get attention.It's his only possible way.Just skip him.

It's all rhetoric to excuse your arrogant, rude behavior. It appears the message of the cross is completely lost on you Chris.

I wonder how many people you've driven away from Christ with your attitude... If you weren't so prideful and arrogant I imagine the Holy Spirit would be convicting you.

I pity you.

Buzzard
09-20-2009, 08:39 AM

There are others here that do the same thing so I would guess the message is lost to them as well.

There are so many people of faith who have driven away people with their pride and arrogance. I have seen so many direct attacks here on Chris which just confirms my opinions.

I pity you.

Instead of pitying him, wouldn't it be best for people to pray for him instead?

Chuck, don't waste your typed words. It's obvious that he has to act like an ass to get attention.It's his only possible way.Just skip him.

Let the name calling begin!

MattHughesRocks
09-20-2009, 04:26 PM
You think saying that someone is acting like an ass is name calling you must have been one of those kids that pit their fingers half an inch from someone and yelled " I'm not touching you!":laugh: How old are you? :unsure-1:

Buzzard
09-21-2009, 12:59 AM
You think saying that someone is acting like an ass is name calling you must have been one of those kids that pit their fingers half an inch from someone and yelled " I'm not touching you!":laugh: How old are you? :unsure-1:

You'll notice (or maybe not) that I didn't say you called him a name. I just announced that the name calling could now begin.

How high did you have to jump to get on the bandwagon?

Chris F
09-21-2009, 02:27 AM

I pity you.

No need for pitty. I am very contempt at leading people to the Lord. Since less then 2% of Christinas share their faith I am glad at least I am one of them.

You see Chuck if you'd take the time to read the bible you would know that my actions have nothing to do with ones initial salvation. Only God decides that. However I will admit my brash exterior may have cause some to stumble and for that I have had to repent many of times.

Chris F
09-21-2009, 02:28 AM

Funny how you see it in others but are oblivious when you or your buddies do it.

Chris F
09-21-2009, 02:32 AM

It is alright Buzzard if being hypocritical towards me makes them fill better then good for them. It don't hurt my feelings none. They want cookie cutter people to fit their molds. This is typical of those who have an apperence of faith but deny the power ther of.

Chris F
09-21-2009, 02:33 AM

Yeah I am a donkey at times. More often then not. So whats your point?

Neezar
09-21-2009, 11:49 AM
No need for pitty. I am very contempt at leading people to the Lord. Since less then 2% of Christinas share their faith I am glad at least I am one of them.

You see Chuck if you'd take the time to read the bible you would know that my actions have nothing to do with ones initial salvation. Only God decides that. However I will admit my brash exterior may have cause some to stumble and for that I have had to repent many of times.

Freudian slip?

Chuck
09-21-2009, 02:08 PM
Sharing your faith is a good thing. Doing it in a way that drives people away from Christ instead of to Him seems a little counterproductive don't you think? Your level of arrogance is EPIC!

You see Chuck if you'd take the time to read the bible you would know that my actions have nothing to do with ones initial salvation.
Again with the arrogance and assumptions. I'm curious Chris how much time do I spend in the Word? Do you know? Your arrogance leads you to assumptions time after time on this forum. If somebody doesn't agree with you it MUST be because they don't read their Bible or they lack the credentials you do. Your actions have nothing to do with ones initial salvation??? Now I'm starting to wonder if YOU read the Bible. To quote you Chris "chapter and verse"... prove it. I'd love to see it. You won't though.. like every time you're challenged you'll hide behind some excuse

Only God decides that. However I will admit my brash exterior may have cause some to stumble and for that I have had to repent many of times.
No Chris you're missing the point. It's not your "brash exterior" causing others to stumble that's the problem. It's driving people away from Christ that's the issue. More of Christ Chris, less of you... THAT is what brings people to Him. It's the recipe we all need to follow. We must decrease so He can increase. All things need to point back to Christ not Chris. Not Chuck. Not Nate. Not Mark. When you make your posts all about you it's not about Him.

It is alright Buzzard if being hypocritical towards me makes them fill better then good for them. It don't hurt my feelings none. They want cookie cutter people to fit their molds. This is typical of those who have an apperence of faith but deny the power ther of.

Again with the arrogance and a touch of martyrdom for good measure. :laugh:
Speaking on behalf of the collective because you're all knowing right?

Sheesh......

Chuck
09-21-2009, 02:51 PM
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post

There are others here that do the same thing so I would guess the message is lost to them as well.
Perhaps.

There are so many people of faith who have driven away people with their pride and arrogance. I have seen so many direct attacks here on Chris which just confirms my opinions.
So have I. And up until recently I've stayed out of almost all of them. I don't think the "mob" mentality that exists on forums is effective at all. I normally PM people including Chris when I have concerns, in this case I chose not to.

I pity you.

I honestly don't know if it would do any good. :huh:

The Bible says "He who has ears to listen let him hear"... Chris himself stated that people on multiple forums share the same opinions about him.. that he's rude, egotistical and self promoting... I don't think it's an issue of him not being aware of how he's perceived and received by people... the issue is he either doesn't care or is unwilling to change.

Chris F
09-21-2009, 04:32 PM
No Chris you're missing the point. It's not your "brash exterior" causing others to stumble that's the problem. It's driving people away from Christ that's the issue. More of Christ Chris, less of you... THAT is what brings people to Him. It's the recipe we all need to follow. We must decrease so He can increase. All things need to point back to Christ not Chris. Not Chuck. Not Nate. Not Mark. When you make your posts all about you it's not about Him.

Again with the arrogance and a touch of martyrdom for good measure. :laugh:
Speaking on behalf of the collective because you're all knowing right?

Sheesh......

This topic originally had noting to do with Christianity. It was about kids who are not controlled by parents. So really unless one decided to make it a lack of spiritual maturity on the part of the parent it has no relevance on this thread.

Now in regard to you judgement on my walk. All I can do is laugh. When the discussion is about Christ I am one of the few who make it about Christ and him crucified. I do not make it about me until I am attacked for not fitting the forums cookie cutter mold. It is you all who turn the focus onto me. The only time I bring up my studies is when you all bash me when hardly any of you have ever studied any hermeneutics but have the gaul to say I am giving opinion when the fact is I let scripture interpret itself and most everyone else reads it through rose colored glasses. I never, when it comes to scripture, post my opinion, and when I do I clearly say this is my opinion. So before you rush to judgement on the way I speak I would focus more on the log in your own eye before tweaking wiht the speck in mine.

Chris F
09-21-2009, 04:41 PM

I honestly don't know if it would do any good. :huh:

The Bible says "He who has ears to listen let him hear"... Chris himself stated that people on multiple forums share the same opinions about him.. that he's rude, egotistical and self promoting... I don't think it's an issue of him not being aware of how he's perceived and received by people... the issue is he either doesn't care or is unwilling to change.

I am fully aware about how people view me. Typically it is people who share the same personality point as I do and thus attack me to make them self feel good. I am unwilling to change because I feel I do not need to be transformed into the mold the world is comfortable with. Paul has often been perceived as arrogant and self promoting. Him Peter even butted heads a time or two. So the way I see it is I can change and become like the world and tip toe on egg shells so as not to hurt people's feelers, or I can be who God called me to be and deal with the judgements of others.

The fact is if people cannot tolerate my bluntness then they obviously have only read the parts of the bible that are warm and fuzzy. The bible is very offensive. Real followers of Christ welcome exhortation. Those who hate it attack the messenger. Look at Elijah, Elisha, Jeremiah, Daniel, etc etc. They did not like the truthfulness from their words and all were attacked by the so called people of God. Hmmmm enough said.

Twinsmama
09-21-2009, 05:11 PM
The fact is if people cannot tolerate my bluntness then they obviously have only read the parts of the bible that are warm and fuzzy.

Do you really believe this? yes or no

Chris F
09-21-2009, 05:25 PM
Do you really believe this? yes or no

Yes. The bible is full of things that are hard to swallow. For example, Be ye perfect even as your heavenly father is perfect. Not much to ask now is it? Pretty hard to strive for perfection when we live in such a fallen world that hates us and the God we serve so much.

que
09-21-2009, 05:34 PM
What is so wrong with telling people exactly what you are thinking?

do you live under a rock? if you live in the real world you would know that you just can't tell people exactly what you are thinking. sorry, it doesn't work that way in society. that is foolish. and you're not a fool, are you?

if that is really the way you live your life then you have gotten beaten up many many times in life and you will keep getting beat up. and if you deny that then you are lying.

btw sorry i am late to this thread, just had to throw my 2 cents in.

Chuck
09-21-2009, 05:49 PM
Now in regard to you judgement on my walk. All I can do is laugh. When the discussion is about Christ I am one of the few who make it about Christ and him crucified. I do not make it about me until I am attacked for not fitting the forums cookie cutter mold. It is you all who turn the focus onto me. The only time I bring up my studies is when you all bash me when hardly any of you have ever studied any hermeneutics but have the gaul to say I am giving opinion when the fact is I let scripture interpret itself and most everyone else reads it through rose colored glasses. I never, when it comes to scripture, post my opinion, and when I do I clearly say this is my opinion. So before you rush to judgement on the way I speak I would focus more on the log in your own eye before tweaking wiht the speck in mine.

How do you know what people on here have studied or haven't? Divine revelation I suppose???

Show me where I judged your walk or the way you speak. You are the one with the assumptions and judgments Chris. You shared what MULTIPLE people according to YOU have said about you. I simply commented on what you shared people say about you.

Typically it is people who share the same personality point as I do and thus attack me to make them self feel good.
Wow. More divine revelation?? You seem to know a lot about people Chris. How exactly do you discern someones motives? How do you know their heart?

I am unwilling to change because I feel I do not need to be transformed into the mold the world is comfortable with.
It's not the message Chris. It's the delivery.

Paul has often been perceived as arrogant and self promoting. Him Peter even butted heads a time or two. So the way I see it is I can change and become like the world and tip toe on egg shells so as not to hurt people's feelers, or I can be who God called me to be and deal with the judgements of others.
God could not and would not call you to be something that contradicts His Word. When you're rude, arrogant and self promoting you're conflicting with His Word. Nobody is suggesting you tip toe on egg shells especially when it comes to sharing the Gospel. My point is that your message could very well be lost in the delivery. But I guess you just don't believe that right?

The fact is if people cannot tolerate my bluntness then they obviously have only read the parts of the bible that are warm and fuzzy.
Your arrogance is nauseating. Truly. Do you not even see it in the way you post? The FACT is IF.... So people who disagree with your personality obviously have only read parts of the Bible????

The bible is very offensive. Real followers of Christ welcome exhortation. Those who hate it attack the messenger.
So real followers of Christ welcome you and your attitude? So those who find it offensive must attack the messenger?? The Bible can be offensive but the Gospel of Jesus Christ need not be.

Look at Elijah, Elisha, Jeremiah, Daniel, etc etc. They did not like the truthfulness from their words and all were attacked by the so called people of God. Hmmmm enough said.
So you're being attacked by "so called" people of God? WOW.

Chris F
09-21-2009, 05:59 PM
do you live under a rock? if you live in the real world you would know that you just can't tell people exactly what you are thinking. sorry, it doesn't work that way in society. that is foolish. and you're not a fool, are you?

if that is really the way you live your life then you have gotten beaten up many many times in life and you will keep getting beat up. and if you deny that then you are lying.

btw sorry i am late to this thread, just had to throw my 2 cents in.

How many times was Paul stoned and beaten? How many of the Apostles faced a very sever death? I am not to worried about peoples words about me. Yeah Mark wanted to tar and feather me. But at least he did not want to do as Nero did and use me to light his gardens.

As for saying what you are thinking. Well I look at it as an integrity/honesty issue. Sure I can use a lot more tact but I will always say what is on my mind inspite of societies popular methodology

Chris F
09-21-2009, 06:06 PM
How do you know what people on here have studied or haven't? Divine revelation I suppose??? Simple they do not use any of the basic tenants of hermeneutics. Many just say what the scripture means to them. Application is only a 1/10th of the process. One must understand author intent, the audience, the culture, historical factors, date, authorship, and the thematic element int he entirety of scripture. Till one does all those things then it is merely their application and not an interpretation of scripture. I typically get lambasted because I offer an interpretation instead of an application.

Show me where I judged your walk or the way you speak. You are the one with the assumptions and judgments Chris. You shared what MULTIPLE people according to YOU have said about you. I simply commented on what you shared people say about you.You said I push people away with my comments. But the real judgement is your incorrect assumption that I am all about me myself and I and that I do not decrease so that he may increase. That is a judgement and very inaccurate to say the least.

So you're being attacked by "so called" people of God? WOW.This was in reference to the prophets, you are the one who assumed I was refering to this forum. Assumptions are dangerous Chuck.

Comments in red above

Chris F
09-21-2009, 06:16 PM
Wow. More divine revelation?? You seem to know a lot about people Chris. How exactly do you discern someones motives? How do you know their heart? One cannot over the Internet yet many do so to me everyday

It's not the message Chris. It's the delivery.Exactly! As long as the message is true the delivery is of no consequence. I prefer truthfulness then fake seeker sensitive horse dung

God could not and would not call you to be something that contradicts His Word. When you're rude, arrogant and self promoting you're conflicting with His Word. Nobody is suggesting you tip toe on egg shells especially when it comes to sharing the Gospel. My point is that your message could very well be lost in the delivery. But I guess you just don't believe that right?Then show me book chapter and verse. Also just because one claims or perceives me as such does not make it true. You just ridiculed me for judging motives yet to ascertain this you yourself is guilty of the same thing. God know my heart and my motives and frankly I trust his perception of me more then a fan forum.

Your arrogance is nauseating. Truly. Do you not even see it in the way you post? The FACT is IF.... So people who disagree with your personality obviously have only read parts of the Bible????So Chuck is the bible only filled with good positive war and fuzzy stuff or does it also have some very in your face imperatives? So either I am right or I am wrong. Stop thinking in terms of Gray. God spews lukewarmness form his mouth.

So real followers of Christ welcome you and your attitude? So those who find it offensive must attack the messenger?? The Bible can be offensive but the Gospel of Jesus Christ need not be. I did not say that. You are putting your spin on what I said. Also If the gospel was so easy then why did so many stop following Christ. Like Mark you need to read John 6

Chuck
09-21-2009, 06:20 PM
More rhetoric in red above

Fixed. :wink:

Chris F
09-21-2009, 06:25 PM
Fixed. :wink:

I know the truth is hard to digest. :)

Vizion
09-21-2009, 06:48 PM
Hey Chuck, I'm not sure what is so offensive about what Chris says...even when looking back at his posts, I just don't get it...what's wrong with him being a little more blunt than others?

It seems he comes off more abrasive when being under the interrogation that he gets here...:unsure:

Chuck
09-21-2009, 07:25 PM
I know the truth is hard to digest. :)

Perhaps if you took your foot out of your mouth.... :D

Chris F
09-21-2009, 07:34 PM
Perhaps if you took your foot out of your mouth.... :D

But I love toe jam so much. :laugh:

Chuck
09-21-2009, 07:36 PM
But I love toe jam so much. :laugh:

You're an idiot... Toe Jam has nothing on belly button lint. !!!! :laugh::laugh:

Chris F
09-21-2009, 09:24 PM
You're an idiot... Toe Jam has nothing on belly button lint. !!!! :laugh::laugh:

Man Chuck I did not know you took your bodily exterminate so seriously. Please forgive me. I am no expert on belly button lint so I will have to take your word for it. Got a recipe for it?

Chuck
09-21-2009, 09:34 PM
Man Chuck I did not know you took your bodily exterminate so seriously. Please forgive me. I am no expert on belly button lint so I will have to take your word for it. Got a recipe for it?

Well it's high in fiber so that's a good thing...

Basically combine 1 part Toe Jam with 1 part belly button lint, mix in some spices and chocolate and you're set.

:D

que
09-21-2009, 10:41 PM
How many times was Paul stoned and beaten? How many of the Apostles faced a very sever death? I am not to worried about peoples words about me. Yeah Mark wanted to tar and feather me. But at least he did not want to do as Nero did and use me to light his gardens.

As for saying what you are thinking. Well I look at it as an integrity/honesty issue. Sure I can use a lot more tact but I will always say what is on my mind inspite of societies popular methodology

the bible teaches us to be mindful of our words. you keep defending yourself by comparing yourself to the apostles, but in reality the apostles would probably call you a fool. a man (you) who walks around society without caring about societies popular methodology is foolish. you may pretend to be this westcoast toughguy who says whatever he thinks about people without any worry or concern about consequence, but in reality you are being foolish when you do that, not "blunt and honest." and no it's not about integrity/honesty" it's about being foolish, which is what you are.

the way you have been "tarred and feathered" in this thread as you put it, is just a mere sample of what your life is like in real life.

Shane Lee 2
09-21-2009, 10:45 PM
I know I am jumping in here way late but I absolutely hate it hen I go to a nice resturant and some weak parents bring thier spoiled crybaby brat in to ruin everyone elses meal. Then worst of all the parents make excuses, "Well they are tired" or "its been a long day". Or even worse they count to the kid. OMG!!! Thats ridiculous. I have two kids and before they were old enough to understand that they must behave in a nice resturant we took them to Chuckie Cheese or Someother kid friendly place as to not infringe on others. But once they could understand all they got was a look if they got out of hand because they did not want to move to stage two.

I have been in an establishnent that was going to cost around $150 for my family of 4 to eat and had a 4-5 year old child next to us raising H&ll. My kids were 5 and 10 and made remarks on how well behaved they were. Needless to say it was ruining our outing and I cuaght a temporary version of Torrets and according to my wife said several times outloud, " Take the brat outside and spank him and have someone spank you for doing a crappy job". I personally don't remember this but thats what I was told. :Whistle::Whistle:

Well there's my fuss session for the day.

Vizion
09-21-2009, 10:45 PM
a man (you) who walks around society without caring about societies popular methodology is foolish.hmmm......chapter and verse please....I don't believe it talks about conforming to the world's ways.................

Chuck
09-21-2009, 10:48 PM
hmmm......chapter and verse please....I don't believe it talks about conforming to the world's ways.................

Big difference between caring and conforming.... Christ was respectful of local customs and traditions wasn't he?

MattHughesRocks
09-22-2009, 01:44 AM
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

WAR Shane Lee :laugh:

I have been in an establishnent that was going to cost around $150 for my family of 4 to eat and had a 4-5 year old child next to us raising H&ll. My kids were 5 and 10 and made remarks on how well behaved they were. Needless to say it was ruining our outing and I cuaght a temporary version of Torrets and according to my wife said several times outloud, " Take the brat outside and spank him and have someone spank you for doing a crappy job". I personally don't remember this but thats what I was told. :Whistle::Whistle:

Well there's my fuss session for the day.

NateR
09-22-2009, 01:52 AM
hmmm......chapter and verse please....I don't believe it talks about conforming to the world's ways.................

I Corinthians 9: 19-23 (emphasis added)
Though I am free and belong to no man, I make myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible. To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews. To those under the law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law), so as to win those under the law. To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from God's law but am under Christ's law), so as to win those not having the law. To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all men so that by all possible means I might save some. I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings.

adamt
09-22-2009, 02:26 AM

that's true but i gave up picking my belly button for lent........

Chuck
09-22-2009, 02:38 AM
that's true but i gave up picking my belly button for lent........

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Vizion
09-22-2009, 04:28 AM
I Corinthians 9: 19-23 (emphasis added) Ah, thanks. Now I can rest easy.