PDA

View Full Version : WTF?! A tax on soda?!?!

Pages : 1 [2]

Neezar
09-15-2009, 04:04 AM
What are you paranoid of filling in for Dave while he's gone????

My PM, which you must have a keen interest in.. simply said "I miss Bentley!"...

and I do... :sad:

Whew! Thank goodness for that. I was afraid you might be pulling a Mike and asking for pics of Boobs.

:laugh:

p.s. I miss Bentley, too.

NateR
09-15-2009, 04:05 AM
Yeah Jesus said only nice things didn't he? He never told anyone to go and sin no more. He never called anyone a brood of Vipers did he? The Jesus you have imagined in your mind in NOT the Jesus of scripture Mark. My guess is you still have not read John 6 yet have you. This is what happens when we form a personal theology instead of having a christocentric one. But if I did drive her away it was not my intentions. But I will not apologize for that thread. I gave book chapter and verse.

Man, I just cannot stand your stupidity anymore. You bitch and moan about people judging you without the proper information, yet you have no qualms about doing the exact same things to everyone who dares to confront you. You are the epitome of pride and arrogance.

You don't know anything about Mark and, from someone who does know him and has been close friends with him for years now, you just reveal your ignorance when you spout off this stupidity.

Just the fact that you are not banned from the site yet either shows that I have learned a lot of patience in my years running these boards, or I am just getting soft. But I am going to debate whether you need a ban for your lies and slander against Mark, so if you can't log on tomorrow, then you'll know my decision.

Chuck
09-15-2009, 04:06 AM
I tried the comic relief , but not gonna do that anymore . There is a man trying to call Marks faith into question , and I dont like it .

To be fair Mac.... he's pretty much doing the same thing to ChrisF.....

It's like a bar fight.... just let 'em work it out.... they might be close friends when it's all over who knows?? :wink:

NateR
09-15-2009, 04:07 AM
Let me tell u something you are not going to believe, You dont know everything.

And his ignorance is revealed more and more with every post.:laugh:

Chuck
09-15-2009, 04:08 AM
Whew! Thank goodness for that. I was afraid you might be pulling a Mike and asking for pics of Boobs.

p.s. I miss Bentley, too.

Well if you'd answer your flippin PM's!!!!! :D

Neezar
09-15-2009, 04:09 AM
I can. :ninja:

But I don't have a dog in this fight so I'm :running:

You do now. So name them.

bradwright
09-15-2009, 04:10 AM

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Mark
09-15-2009, 04:12 AM
Sorry for fighting with Chris F on here. Thats who I used to be thats not who I am anymore. Not much anyway.

Chuck
09-15-2009, 04:17 AM

What good could possibly come out of that??? :huh:

I've had my differences with this board, the Mod's and how this place has been moderated in the past but at the end of the day I always reach the same 2 conclusions...

1. This really is the best MMA forum on the internet.. full of great people, good info and a little fun on occasion.

2. It's not my board. It's Matt's board and he's trusted Nate to run it.. Who am I to question it? Nate has been more then gracious with me in the past when I've chosen to share my frustrations with this place. I still get irked from time to time but I guess this board is a little like America... We have some problems here and there and we aren't perfect... but we're still the best f**king Nation on the planet. I still PM Nate and the Mod's on occasion when I think things aren't groovy... sometimes I think my opinion matters sometimes I don't. But I share my thoughts, hopefully respectfully and carry on my way.

So NO, young lady... I shall not list anything :D

Chuck
09-15-2009, 04:18 AM
Sorry for fighting with Chris F on here. Thats who I used to be thats not who I am anymore. Not much anyway.

:sign0011:

Neezar
09-15-2009, 04:24 AM
What good could possibly come out of that??? :huh:

I've had my differences with this board, the Mod's and how this place has been moderated in the past but at the end of the day I always reach the same 2 conclusions...

1. This really is the best MMA forum on the internet.. full of great people, good info and a little fun on occasion.

2. It's not my board. It's Matt's board and he's trusted Nate to run it.. Who am I to question it? Nate has been more then gracious with me in the past when I've chosen to share my frustrations with this place. I still get irked from time to time but I guess this board is a little like America... We have some problems here and there and we aren't perfect... but we're still the best f**king Nation on the planet. I still PM Nate and the Mod's on occasion when I think things aren't groovy... sometimes I think my opinion matters sometimes I don't. But I share my thoughts, hopefully respectfully and carry on my way.

So NO, young lady... I shall not list anything :D

Then why even bring it up? To have your little moment on the soapbox? Okay. All good then, aye?

:biggrin-1:

MattHughesRocks
09-15-2009, 04:24 AM
Aside from the "little fun on occasion" ....good post! :w00t:

Chuck
09-15-2009, 04:26 AM
Then why even bring it up? To have your little moment on the soapbox? Okay. All good then, aye?

:biggrin-1:

Honey you're the Queen of getting your moment on a soapbox :D

You put up a challenge to Chris.... I'm not one to pass on a challenge... so I posted to have a little fun with you. :tongue0011:

Neezar
09-15-2009, 04:28 AM
Honey you're the Queen of getting your moment on a soapbox :D

You put up a challenge to Chris.... I'm not one to pass on a challenge... so I posted to have a little fun with you. :tongue0011:

But you DID pass on the challenge. Wuss. :laugh:

Chuck
09-15-2009, 04:28 AM
Aside from the "little fun on occasion" ....good post! :w00t:

Thank you Michelle!!

Did I ever tell you how much cooler you are then Denise???? :D

:tongue0011::tongue0011::tongue0011:

Chuck
09-15-2009, 04:29 AM
But you DID pass on the challenge. Wuss. :laugh:

Wuss? Oh???????

Tell ya what... I'll call you, you answer... and I'll be happy to take you up on your challenge......

You're not a wuss are you??? :Whistle:

Neezar
09-15-2009, 04:37 AM
Wuss? Oh???????

Tell ya what... I'll call you, you answer... and I'll be happy to take you up on your challenge......

You're not a wuss are you??? :Whistle:

When it comes to answering phones I am. :laugh:

Chuck
09-15-2009, 04:39 AM
When it comes to answering phones I am. :laugh:
:happy0198:

Mac
09-15-2009, 04:42 AM
http://blogs.browardpalmbeach.com/juice/chris%20hansen.jpg

MattHughesRocks
09-15-2009, 04:42 AM
All I know is that I want to buy a soda without paying extra taxes :angry:

Bonnie
09-15-2009, 05:55 AM
I will let Bonnie answer that. I did not lead her to the Lord but I believe God had me in the right place at the right time to give her some encouragement. She is a remarkable lady with more heart then most people I know.

He did and you did. God knew I needed that reminder and I haven't forgotten. :)

Bonnie
09-15-2009, 06:02 AM

:cool:

VCURamFan
09-15-2009, 06:50 AM
Well I've staid out of this one for awhile, but I just want to step in real quick & point some stuff out that I think you've pulled out of context.

-----------

He never told anyone to go and sin no more.I'm assuming you're referencing the woman caught in adultery (John 8) here, correct? The full verse that you're quoting from is John 8:11, but I'm going to quote the whole passage so everyone can see how "go & sin no more" is used:

1 Jesus went to the Mount of Olives. 2 Early in the morning he came again to the temple. All the people came to him, and he sat down and taught them. 3 The scribes and the Pharisees brought a woman who had been caught in adultery, and placing her in the midst 4 they said to him, “Teacher, this woman has been caught in the act of adultery. 5 Now in the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women. So what do you say?” 6 This they said to test him, that they might have some charge to bring against him. Jesus bent down and wrote with his finger on the ground. 7 And as they continued to ask him, he stood up and said to them, “Let him who is without sin among you be the first to throw a stone at her.” 8 And once more he bent down and wrote on the ground. 9 But when they heard it, they went away one by one, beginning with the older ones, and Jesus was left alone with the woman standing before him. 10 Jesus stood up and said to her, “Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?” 11 She said, “No one, Lord.” And Jesus said, “Neither do I condemn you; go, and from now on sin no more.”As I hope you can see, you've completely twisted the tone Christ used when he uttered those words. It was not an antagonistic, abrasive command, but rather the second half of a message of grace & forgiveness. For you to claim this verse as your basis for attacking non-believers is foolish as Christ is, in this passage, directly rebuking people like you. An entire crowd of holier-than-thou zealots came forward screaming for her blood, demanding that she be condemned, but instead God commanded them to examine their own hearts first. If this is your justification for the way you railed against DonnaMarie, then you need to spend some serious time in prayer.

-----------

He never called anyone a brood of Vipers did he?The phrase "brood of vipers" only appears 3 times in Matthew (it also shows up once in Luke when he gives his own account of John the Baptist), and it is never used against the "common" unbeliever. In all three cases, it is only used against the Pharisees, i.e. the church authority who was leading the people astray. Here are all three usages:

7 But when he [John the Baptist] saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees coming to his baptism, he said to them, “You brood of vipers! Who warned you to flee from the wrath to come?"
34 You brood of vipers! How can you speak good, when you are evil? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.
33 You serpents, you brood of vipers, how are you to escape being sentenced to hell?"In Matthew 12, he is responded to the Pharisees angry hearts when he healed the man's withered hand on the Sabbath. The first 36 verses on chapter 23 are collectively referred to as the "Seven Woes to the Scribes and Pharisees". As you can see, Christ & John only use such strong language when dealing with those who should know better. Those that have devoted their lives to reading, meditating on & understanding the Scriptures. More importantly, when they're dealing with those who are responsible for the nurture and teaching of the People of God. When the leadership failed so miserably, only then did such strong language come out. I would challenge you to show me a single instance when Christ uses insults and threats like this against a "common" sinner.

-----------

My guess is you still have not read John 6 yet have you.I'm not certain what portion of John 6 you believe pertains to this discussion. I read the feeding of the 5,000, Christ walking on Water, Christ declaring Himself the Bread of Life & then the Apostles reaction to this statement. If you could please point out specifically what verse or passage it is you're referencing, I'd like to know so I can have a better idea where you're coming from.

Jonlion
09-15-2009, 06:50 AM
Not really. Like NateR likes to always mention, people can easily lie and pretend to be something they are not. Kinda like the Brad Paisley song "online". The problem is I am too honest and it rubs people the wrong way. Especially overly sensitive Midwesterners. I say what is on my mind and do not really feel remorse for it. Could I be more tactful? Absolutely, and I have gotten better in that area. Sure that kind of thinking makes some angry. But then again no leader worth their salt ever did what was popular and accepted, including Jesus. You might want to go back and re-read your bible Mark. Many Jesus' followers left him because they did not like his message. Even calling it hard. Jesus even ask them if the message offended them. Then "many" (i let you look that word up yourself and draw your own conclusions as to its meaning in that context) walked with him no more. This is all right out of the book of John the 6 chapter if you think I am lying. So before you paint a picture of a kum by ya Jesus with tons of followers you may want to rethink that belief. As for me pushing people away. True enough. I do turn many people away. However those who want to hear the truth and do not mind having it gave to them unapologetically, like what I say. You see the true problem is people who are alike naturally repel one another. And in a lot of your post and NateR post you rub people the wrong way and have I am sure turned some people off by that posture. NateR even admitted this to me in the old forum back when several people left the forum because of the double standard the MOD's had for themselves verses posters. I said my peace. I wish you well and assure you I am not in any way biter, angry, put out, or ruffled by this line of discussion. I just ask that in the same measure you cast your stones of judgement at me that you hold yourself to the same high standards.

I do also know that Jesus ate with drunkards and sinners and came after the self righteous, arrogant God belittlleling Pharisee's and others.

We also, kind have no where to go between these two failures of being Godly.

I'm off to work but i'll get the scripture I'm referring too when I return later on this evening.

Praying for you brother.

VCURamFan
09-15-2009, 06:51 AM
I do also know that Jesus ate with drunkards and sinners and came after the self righteous, arrogant God belittlleling Pharisee's and others.

I'm off to work but i'll get the scripture I'm referring too when I return later on this evening.

Praying for you brother.
Haha, yeah, well I guess that's the short way of saying it!:laugh:

Buzzard
09-15-2009, 06:59 AM
Rats, got back in here late and forgot to butter and salt my popcorn.

I have something to say, but having difficulty finding the correct words to convey my point without hijacking the original topic to make my comparison.

It will be like a joke I have heard.

Q. How do you keep an idiot in suspense?

A. I'll tell you tomorrow.

TexasRN
09-15-2009, 11:38 AM
Dang it, I'm gonna be late to work because I got stuck reading all these posts this morning that ya'll posted last night after I went to bed.

~Amy

adamt
09-15-2009, 01:20 PM
Unlike Peter we will not get a second chance. If I have a gun pointed at my head telling me to renounce Christ or die. I will gladly die!!!!! SO are you saying you would deny Christ to save your neck? Now it is my turn to feel sorry for you if that is how you feel.

Oh no tell me you're one of the "martyr me" people.

I would never ever renounce Christ, BUT if someone pointed a gun to my head and told me to renounce Christ I would do my best to grab the gun and kill whoever was trying to kill me!

I think there are some martyrs that weren't truly martyrred because they took joy in being martyrred!!

That's the same crowd that goes around and tells people that are suffering in Christ's name and suffering undeserved suffering just like Christ did, when in fact they're suffering from their dumb management and choices. I don't believe in the prosperity movement but i don't believe in the pity me i am suffering movement.

I ain't exactly saying you're all those things, I just stated a point of view that you made me think of when i read your post.

adamt
09-15-2009, 01:21 PM
I call Shenanagins!

I triple dog dare you!!!!!!!
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_blGfuJqvbMU/R51HMq04gjI/AAAAAAAAAx0/BT25kN3N2SY/s320/triple_dog_dare.jpg

OH NO !!!!! I've been triple dog dared :scared0011:

I'll...um....er..... tell ya later.......

VCURamFan
09-15-2009, 02:06 PM
Dang it, I'm gonna be late to work because I got stuck reading all these posts this morning that ya'll posted last night after I went to bed.

~Amy
Well there's a simple solution to that: stop going to bed so early!!:laugh:

TENNESSEAN
09-15-2009, 03:03 PM
281 post on a tax on soda.
dang you people love your soda.

rearnakedchoke
09-15-2009, 03:16 PM
281 post on a tax on soda.
dang you people love your soda.

yes they do .. and i still think its a good idea .. the gov't is looking out for it's people and want them to be healthy .. this will hopefully stop parents who feed their kids soda morning, noon and nite and get them something more healthy like kool-aid ..

NateR
09-15-2009, 03:32 PM
yes they do .. and i still think its a good idea .. the gov't is looking out for it's people and want them to be healthy .. this will hopefully stop parents who feed their kids soda morning, noon and nite and get them something more healthy like kool-aid ..

The problem is that's not the government's job. Free people can look after their own welfare, only those who can't think for themselves need the government to tell them what's good for them and what isn't.

And parents who give their kids soda morning, noon and night are irresponsible idiots. Do you really believe a tax like this would suddenly turn them into good parents? That's nonsense.

rearnakedchoke
09-15-2009, 03:49 PM
The problem is that's not the government's job. Free people can look after their own welfare, only those who can't think for themselves need the government to tell them what's good for them and what isn't.

And parents who give their kids soda morning, noon and night are irresponsible idiots. Do you really believe a tax like this would suddenly turn them into good parents? That's nonsense.

Being free doesn't mean you should have the right to be a burden on society or be able to put other people's health at risk ... people were saying on here that they didn't agree with the gov'ts restrictions on banning smoking in bars, restaurants etc ... but smokers are putting others at risk with their behaviour .. it was recently made law up here that parents/people can be fined from smoking in cars if children were present ... is that taking away freedoms or providing freedoms to children to breath smoke free air? .. the tax is to deter people from making bad health choices, they are not saying you can't smoke or drink soda, but you will pay a tax on it ...

NateR
09-15-2009, 05:00 PM
Being free doesn't mean you should have the right to be a burden on society or be able to put other people's health at risk ... people were saying on here that they didn't agree with the gov'ts restrictions on banning smoking in bars, restaurants etc ... but smokers are putting others at risk with their behaviour .. it was recently made law up here that parents/people can be fined from smoking in cars if children were present ... is that taking away freedoms or providing freedoms to children to breath smoke free air? .. the tax is to deter people from making bad health choices, they are not saying you can't smoke or drink soda, but you will pay a tax on it ...

Well, you are lumping a bunch of issues together here. I understand the point you are trying to make, but I just don't agree with it.

We're talking about the taxation of soda. If the government wants to tax soda, then they are free to propose it and try to get the law passed. Like I said before, there have been many instances of silly taxes proposed by the government. However, to try to pass off new taxes as the government just looking out for the welfare of it's citizens, like an overprotective parent, is perverse and dangerous.

Mark
09-15-2009, 05:17 PM
I was privileged to lead someone else to Christ. You see it is not me they need to hear it is the Holy Spirit tugging at their heart. All I have to do is go fishing.

Chris, that's another problem, it's not about you. The sheep never go looking for the shepherd, the shepherd always goes and finds his flock. It's about Jesus. I will say that you probably did plant a seed in that person's life. I don't know, Chris, I really don't know the story.

NateR
09-15-2009, 05:37 PM
SO please spare me the bait excuse as well as the flies with honey. That seeker sensitive stuff is a insult to God and His Spirit. I hope this answered your question.

Here you go putting words into Mark's mouth again. :rolleyes:

Your accusations prove that you clearly don't know Mark Hughes. He is definitely NOT the guy who is going to compromise GOD's Word in order to make it more "seeker sensitive." So, you are judging and condemning Mark purely out of ignorance.

NateR
09-15-2009, 05:40 PM
The sheep never go looking for the shepherd, the shepherd always goes and finds his flock.

Matthew 18: 12-14
"What do you think? If a man owns a hundred sheep, and one of them wanders away, will he not leave the ninety-nine on the hills and go to look for the one that wandered off? And if he finds it, I tell you the truth, he is happier about that one sheep than about the ninety-nine that did not wander off. In the same way your Father in heaven is not willing that any of these little ones should be lost."

As CS Lewis said, Christianity is not man seeking GOD, it's GOD seeking man.

rearnakedchoke
09-15-2009, 05:59 PM

Matthew 18: 12-14
"What do you think? If a man owns a hundred sheep, and one of them wanders away, will he not leave the ninety-nine on the hills and go to look for the one that wandered off? And if he finds it, I tell you the truth, he is happier about that one sheep than about the ninety-nine that did not wander off. In the same way your Father in heaven is not willing that any of these little ones should be lost."

As CS Lewis said, Christianity is not man seeking GOD, it's GOD seeking man.

Love that verse ...

rearnakedchoke
09-15-2009, 06:05 PM
Well, you are lumping a bunch of issues together here. I understand the point you are trying to make, but I just don't agree with it.

We're talking about the taxation of soda. If the government wants to tax soda, then they are free to propose it and try to get the law passed. Like I said before, there have been many instances of silly taxes proposed by the government. However, to try to pass off new taxes as the government just looking out for the welfare of it's citizens, like an overprotective parent, is perverse and dangerous.

I understand what you are also saying, and we live in two different countries, so it is hard to have this discussion ... Canada is a free nation, yet there are laws we have here that some in the US might think make us not a free nation .. i would disagree with those ... but a gov't levying a tax on something like soda, cigs, alcohol, i would have no issues with ... now in the US, there are taxes that i disagree with ... an example would be, in the news recently, there was an american on business in toronto and played the lottery ... he won 7 million i think .. now in canada, we are not taxed on lotteries, so he wouldn't have had to pay tax on it .. but he was taxed for half of it by the US gov't ... to me that is ridiculous .. what does the US have to do with it?? so that is my point, there are taxes out there that are ridiculous and a cash grab .. this is far from a cash grab, but a way at making the US citizens stronger and more healthy which in turn make a country stronger and healthier ...

TENNESSEAN
09-15-2009, 08:33 PM

So I have to pay a tax on my dr p because some people like to crack their kids out on it. Not cool

I gave dr pepper to my baby one time in a baby bottle. You see she was very constipaded miserable crying. My wife said dr pepper would help and she knew I had plenty of dr p. So we gave her a little in her bottle. OH MY what a mess that made a diaper change would not do. it was burn every thing and get the baby in the bath. Baby smiles for days after that.

VCURamFan
09-15-2009, 09:06 PM
When my nephew was only about 6 months old, I gave him Mtn Dew at a New Years Day party. My sister was not amused!:laugh:

Jonlion
09-15-2009, 09:24 PM

Praying for you brother.

Ok, as promised, this thread made me late to work!!!!!!!!

Luke 18:9, the parable to "those who trusted in themselves that they were righteous and treated others with contempt"

Just read the rest my friend and see how it goes, we all must heed this warning

Hear me for I desperately Cry "god, be merciful to me, a sinner" of which i am a terrible one.

Chris heed the last message

"For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled but the one who humbles himself will be exalted"

And if i sound self-rigtheous, in showing this to you, then I sincerely apoligise for I know i walk as a baby in Christ.

Much love Chris

God Bless

bradwright
09-16-2009, 12:50 AM
I understand what you are also saying, and we live in two different countries, so it is hard to have this discussion ... Canada is a free nation, yet there are laws we have here that some in the US might think make us not a free nation .. i would disagree with those ... but a gov't levying a tax on something like soda, cigs, alcohol, i would have no issues with ... now in the US, there are taxes that i disagree with ... an example would be, in the news recently, there was an american on business in toronto and played the lottery ... he won 7 million i think .. now in canada, we are not taxed on lotteries, so he wouldn't have had to pay tax on it .. but he was taxed for half of it by the US gov't ... to me that is ridiculous .. what does the US have to do with it?? so that is my point, there are taxes out there that are ridiculous and a cash grab .. this is far from a cash grab, but a way at making the US citizens stronger and more healthy which in turn make a country stronger and healthier ...

i'm surprised at you really...you say that your from Canada and you see this proposed tax on soda by the US government as a way to make its citizens stronger and more healthy ?......really ?...you are from a country that is the absolute KING of the cash grab taxes and you dont see this proposed tax for what it really is ?
its nothing more then an attempt at a tax grab,pure and simple,they are like every other government in the free world and now that tax revenues are dwindling because of the recession they need to find ways to increase revenues and they will tell the people of the US what ever they think everybody will swallow in order to implement this tax and a lot more just like it down the road,just like every other government out there already does.

so the way i see it this isn't a tax on soda at all...its actually just a tax on the people that drink soda.

NateR
09-16-2009, 03:15 AM
i'm surprised at you really...you say that your from Canada and you see this proposed tax on soda by the US government as a way to make its citizens stronger and more healthy ?......really ?...you are from a country that is the absolute KING of the cash grab taxes and you dont see this proposed tax for what it really is ?
its nothing more then an attempt at a tax grab,pure and simple,they are like every other government in the free world and now that tax revenues are dwindling because of the recession they need to find ways to increase revenues and they will tell the people of the US what ever they think everybody will swallow in order to implement this tax and a lot more just like it down the road,just like every other government out there already does.

so the way i see it this isn't a tax on soda at all...its actually just a tax on the people that drink soda.

Excellent point, all taxes are essentially a cash grab by the government. This notion that the government actually cares about the health and welfare of its citizens is just the latest scam to justify more taxes. The government only cares about our pocketbooks and is continually looking for new ways to get its fingers in there and steal as much money as it can. And, yes, I use the word "steal" because taxes=theft, plain and simple.

Yes, you can justify a minimal amount of taxes that are necessary to keep the government running and it's employees paid; but when your government has proven itself to be a reckless and irresponsible as this current administration, then there is no justification whatsoever for new taxes.

On the subject of paying it's employees, too many of them are overpaid. Basically if our Congressmen don't qualify for food stamps then we are paying them too much. They're voting into law thousand-page bills that they haven't even read, so obviously any illiterate moron could do their job for them. So why are they getting paid so much?

que
09-16-2009, 03:34 AM
i don't see why this is a big deal. everything else is taxed so why should soda not be taxed? who cares?

NateR
09-16-2009, 03:40 AM
i don't see why this is a big deal. everything else is taxed so why should soda not be taxed? who cares?

Soda already is taxed, it's called sales tax.

Government is the servant of the people, thus the government should be constantly held accountable for every action it takes. If the people disagree with anything the government does, no matter how insignificant, then it is their duty as free citizens to stand up and say something.

As our Founding Fathers understood, government is a necessary EVIL. It will constantly try to steal away the property and freedom of its citizens, thus it must be kept under a constant watchful eye by those same citizens. As soon as the citizens stop caring, then they cease being free and will quickly become slaves of an oppressive, totalitarian dictatorship.

que
09-16-2009, 03:57 AM
Soda already is taxed, it's called sales tax.

Government is the servant of the people, thus the government should be constantly held accountable for every action it takes. If the people disagree with anything the government does, no matter how insignificant, then it is their duty as free citizens to stand up and say something.

As our Founding Fathers understood, government is a necessary EVIL. It will constantly try to steal away the property and freedom of its citizens, thus it must be kept under a constant watchful eye by those same citizens. As soon as the citizens stop caring, then they cease being free and will quickly become slaves of an oppressive, totalitarian dictatorship.

i agree with everything you said

sales tax.. i see. i should have done some reading before jumping in this thread.

i have done some reading up and i found that when sales tax was applied to cigarettes by the government it had success. now soda isn't as unhealthy as cigarettes obviously but it is still unhealthy. if sales tax had a successful impact on cigarettes then i think this is a good thing. if this works on soda, then all unhealthy foods should have sales tax IMO. i have always believed human beings as a species have not cared enough about the importance of eating and drinking healthy. it's the small things like this that add up. as a society i believe it is a good thing to push us in this direction to lead us into hopefully a more healthy lifestyle. instead of drinking so many cokes, let's drink more water and orange juice. instead of eating so many bigmacs, let's eat more homemade hamburgers with organic vegetables and real meat. as the fattest country on the planet i believe it is time that government help push us in this direction, because obviously we need serious help and no one else is pushing us, including ourselves.

rearnakedchoke
09-16-2009, 01:24 PM
Excellent point, all taxes are essentially a cash grab by the government. This notion that the government actually cares about the health and welfare of its citizens is just the latest scam to justify more taxes. The government only cares about our pocketbooks and is continually looking for new ways to get its fingers in there and steal as much money as it can. And, yes, I use the word "steal" because taxes=theft, plain and simple.

Yes, you can justify a minimal amount of taxes that are necessary to keep the government running and it's employees paid; but when your government has proven itself to be a reckless and irresponsible as this current administration, then there is no justification whatsoever for new taxes.

On the subject of paying it's employees, too many of them are overpaid. Basically if our Congressmen don't qualify for food stamps then we are paying them too much. They're voting into law thousand-page bills that they haven't even read, so obviously any illiterate moron could do their job for them. So why are they getting paid so much?

see, i just disagree .. the country does care about the health of it's "employees", if you are sick, unhealthy you are more likely to be out of work and a drain on society .. but it is in the gov't best interest to have healthy citizens .. the healthier we are, the more likely we will not be a drain on society and the more likely that we will be working thus paying more taxes ... so the gov't does care about the health of it's people ...

rearnakedchoke
09-16-2009, 01:29 PM

sure there are high taxes here.. but there are other places out there with higher tax rates and are less desirable to live in ... Canada is one of the best places to live, all things considered ... but there is a price ...

Chris F
09-16-2009, 05:10 PM
Ok, as promised, this thread made me late to work!!!!!!!!

Luke 18:9, the parable to "those who trusted in themselves that they were righteous and treated others with contempt"

Just read the rest my friend and see how it goes, we all must heed this warning

Hear me for I desperately Cry "god, be merciful to me, a sinner" of which i am a terrible one.

Chris heed the last message

"For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled but the one who humbles himself will be exalted"

And if i sound self-rigtheous, in showing this to you, then I sincerely apoligise for I know i walk as a baby in Christ.

Much love Chris

God Bless

Jon I do not think you are being self righteous at all and I am sorry you were late to work. My response is that you cannot possibly ascertain who I exalt from you seat on the Internet. I lift up the name of Christ and Him crucified alone. Who I am is of no consequence. This particular thread was turned into a debate of history which had noting to do with Jesus till it was brought up and from there I simply answered the questions I was given. I appreciate you responding with scripture instead of just attacking my personality. For a baby Christian you are showing more spiritual maturity than some others that is for sure.

Chris F
09-16-2009, 05:15 PM
I did no mind reading, Chris. I used your own words. All I did was show you how most people interpret those words. And if you are honest then you will admit, at least to yourself, that you knew that already.

Yes I admit people misunderstand what I say all the time. Mostly because they approach everything I post with a prejudicial eye before they even start. They see the name and instantly they have a grudge. 90% of what i have been accused of is entirely false and noting more then improper interpretation on the part of the reader.

Chris F
09-16-2009, 05:18 PM
Chris F what im saying is you have many friends. So there must be a problem. How can you lead people to christ if nobody wants to listn to you? please answer

Because I am simply the fisherman. They are not coming ot me but to Christ. When they need Him and His spirits draws them the vessels is of no consequence. If God can use a donkey he can use me. The reason I lead so many to Christ is because I am available from him to use.

Chris F
09-16-2009, 05:20 PM
Let me tell u something you are not going to believe, You dont know everything.

Nope that is why I try to learn things everyday!

Chris F
09-16-2009, 05:26 PM
Man, I just cannot stand your stupidity anymore. You bitch and moan about people judging you without the proper information, yet you have no qualms about doing the exact same things to everyone who dares to confront you. You are the epitome of pride and arrogance.

You don't know anything about Mark and, from someone who does know him and has been close friends with him for years now, you just reveal your ignorance when you spout off this stupidity.

Just the fact that you are not banned from the site yet either shows that I have learned a lot of patience in my years running these boards, or I am just getting soft. But I am going to debate whether you need a ban for your lies and slander against Mark, so if you can't log on tomorrow, then you'll know my decision.

1. So one should not make comments about what a person post if they do not know him or her. Practice what you preach. Funyy how you can see it in others post but are clueless when you do it yourself.

2. Does nto the bible say thate there shall be no foul communication come from your mouth. Glad to see cussing and uncivility is okay as long as it comes from the MOD's here is evidece so you do not accuse me of lying again.

But now you must rid yourselves of all such things as these: anger, rage, malice, slander, and filthy language from your lips.
NAS© But now you also, put them all aside: anger, wrath, malice, slander, and abusive speech from your mouth.

ISV© But now you must also get rid of anger, wrath, malice, slander, obscene speech, and all such sins.

GWT© Also get rid of your anger, hot tempers, hatred, cursing, obscene language, and all similar sins.

KJV But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth.

AKJ But now you also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth.

ASV but now do ye also put them all away: anger, wrath, malice, railing, shameful speaking out of your mouth:

BBE But now it is right for you to put away all these things; wrath, passion, bad feeling, curses, unclean talk;

DRB But now put you also all away: anger, indignation, malice, blasphemy, filthy speech out of your mouth.

DBY But now, put off, ye also, all these things, wrath, anger, malice, blasphemy, vile language out of your mouth.

ERV But now put ye also away all these; anger, wrath, malice, railing, shameful speaking out of your mouth:

WBS But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth.

WEY But now you must rid yourselves of every kind of sin--angry and passionate outbreaks, ill-will, evil speaking, foul-mouthed abuse--so that these may never soil your lips.

WEB but now you also put them all away: anger, wrath, malice, slander, and shameful speaking out of your mouth.

YLT but now put off, even ye, the whole -- anger, wrath, malice, evil-speaking, filthy talking -- out of your mouth.

Chris F
09-16-2009, 05:28 PM
If I missed anyone comments of malice or qustion towards me then please send them to me via PM. I think we really should keep this abour soda. ALso Mark started a thread about me. SO if you want to blase me, do so there so this thread can return to being about soda.

NateR
09-16-2009, 05:50 PM
1. So one should not make comments about what a person post if they do not know him or her. Practice what you preach. Funyy how you can see it in others post but are clueless when you do it yourself.

2. Does nto the bible say thate there shall be no foul communication come from your mouth. Glad to see cussing and uncivility is okay as long as it comes from the MOD's here is evidece so you do not accuse me of lying again.

But now you must rid yourselves of all such things as these: anger, rage, malice, slander, and filthy language from your lips.
NAS© But now you also, put them all aside: anger, wrath, malice, slander, and abusive speech from your mouth.

ISV© But now you must also get rid of anger, wrath, malice, slander, obscene speech, and all such sins.

GWT© Also get rid of your anger, hot tempers, hatred, cursing, obscene language, and all similar sins.

KJV But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth.

AKJ But now you also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth.

ASV but now do ye also put them all away: anger, wrath, malice, railing, shameful speaking out of your mouth:

BBE But now it is right for you to put away all these things; wrath, passion, bad feeling, curses, unclean talk;

DRB But now put you also all away: anger, indignation, malice, blasphemy, filthy speech out of your mouth.

DBY But now, put off, ye also, all these things, wrath, anger, malice, blasphemy, vile language out of your mouth.

ERV But now put ye also away all these; anger, wrath, malice, railing, shameful speaking out of your mouth:

WBS But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth.

WEY But now you must rid yourselves of every kind of sin--angry and passionate outbreaks, ill-will, evil speaking, foul-mouthed abuse--so that these may never soil your lips.

WEB but now you also put them all away: anger, wrath, malice, slander, and shameful speaking out of your mouth.

YLT but now put off, even ye, the whole -- anger, wrath, malice, evil-speaking, filthy talking -- out of your mouth.

Well, if you took that as profanity, then I apologize. Ten years in the Army kind of numbed my sense of what words are considered obscene. In any case, Mark is one of my best friends (would I let him aim a rifle at me if he wasn't? :laugh: ), so I tend to get a little defensive when I feel he is being unjustly attacked. I'm only human and I do speak (or type) before thinking sometimes; but again, I was wrong for using that word and I'm sorry if you were offended by that.

Rev
09-16-2009, 06:03 PM
I go to Comanchee County Texas every year and in Temple Texas they have a bottling plant where you can still get Dr. Pepper made from Cane sugar.

rearnakedchoke
09-16-2009, 06:08 PM
I go to Comanchee County Texas every year and in Temple Texas they have a bottling plant where you can still get Dr. Pepper made from Cane sugar.

For wimps man ... nowadays only sucralose will do ... LOL .. you guys are hardcore on here man (i already knew this) ... a thread on soda and you got me leafing through the bible for verses ..

Chris F
09-17-2009, 03:42 AM
Well, if you took that as profanity, then I apologize. Ten years in the Army kind of numbed my sense of what words are considered obscene. In any case, Mark is one of my best friends (would I let him aim a rifle at me if he wasn't? :laugh: ), so I tend to get a little defensive when I feel he is being unjustly attacked. I'm only human and I do speak (or type) before thinking sometimes; but again, I was wrong for using that word and I'm sorry if you were offended by that.

I understand loyalty NateR. And if you feel I was attacking Mark as a person then I too apologize. I was simply trying to deconstruct his argument and show it for the fallacy it was. It was never personal. Mark and I are addressing these issue privately in the PM's and I feel I am least understanding why he is not getting what I am saying and that we all typed before we thought. I was not offended so much as I was disappointed that you lectured me on my place in Christ but allowed vulgarity to simply spew for your keyboard. If you were using the word to describe a female dog in heat I'd understand but that was not the case. :) So forgive me if you felt my words were a personal attack on you or Mark. I did get the sense that Mark ever took it personal. SO if he did I apologize to him as well.

Buzzard
09-17-2009, 11:17 PM
Yes, you can justify a minimal amount of taxes that are necessary to keep the government running and it's employees paid; but when your government has proven itself to be a reckless and irresponsible as this current administration and the past Bush administration and the administrations past, then there is no justification whatsoever for new taxes.

FTFY

Chris F
09-17-2009, 11:31 PM
FTFY

Buzzard there never has been an honest administration since Abe Lincoln. Funny thing is that is when the GOP was invented. LOL The thing is we need to return to states taking cars of their own and the feds sticking to trade and national defense.

bradwright
09-17-2009, 11:47 PM
Buzzard there never has been an honest administration since Abe Lincoln. Funny thing is that is when the GOP was invented. LOL The thing is we need to return to states taking care of their own and the feds sticking to trade and national defense.

Fixed....

Chris F
09-18-2009, 02:57 AM
Fixed....

:laugh: Thanks Brad. I guess I had cars on the brain.

Buzzard
09-18-2009, 06:02 AM
Buzzard there never has been an honest administration since Abe Lincoln. Funny thing is that is when the GOP was invented. LOL The thing is we need to return to states taking cars of their own and the feds sticking to trade and national defense.

Agree. I feel sick to my stomach when I say the words honest and politician in the same sentence.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_US_congress_members_have_criminal_records

The above is an old question which was answered and I remembered from years ago. Some may not like the source, but this was first one I found at this late hour. I wonder what the numbers are now.

bradwright
09-19-2009, 12:15 AM
Agree. I feel sick to my stomach when I say the words honest and politician in the same sentence.

an honest politician...hmm...now that sure seems like a bit of an oxymoron to me.:wink: