PDA

View Full Version : Tyburns Tour Itinery

Tyburn
09-06-2009, 02:23 AM
Tuesday September 15th

Mainline Taxi Company to Transport me from Granville to Leeds City Train Station. Departure time booked for 1.30am, arrival due at 2.15am

Transpennine Express Services from Leeds City Train Station to Manchester Piccadily Train Station. Departing at 2.36 am, arrival due at 4.09am

National Rail Services from Manchester Piccadily Train Station to Liverpool Lime Street Station. Departing at 4.53am, arrival due at 5.37am

National Rail Services from Liverpool Lime Street Station to Liverpool South Parkway Train Station. Departing at 5.49am, arrival at 6.03am

Airlink Bus 501 from Stand Five of Liverpool South Parkway Train Station, to Liverpool John Lennon Airport. Departing at 6.50 am. Arrival at 7am

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines from Liverpool John Lennon Airport to Schiphol Airport Amsterdam. Departing at 1030 am Greenwhich Mean Time Arriving 12.50pm West Continental European Time

North West Airlines from Schiphol Airport Amsterdam to Detroit Metropolitan Airport. Departing 3.10 PM West Continental European Time, Arriving 5.45pm American Eastern Time

North West Airlines from Detroit Metropolitan Airport to Ronald Reagan International Airport, Washington DC. Departing 7.05pm American Eastern Time, Arriving 8.33pm American Eastern Time

Overnight Accomodation in Washington DC at The Harrington Hotel

Wed September 16th

Amtrack from Union Station Washingto DC, to Main Street Station, Richmond Virginia commences at 7.30am. Arrival at 10.12am

Overnight Accomodation in Richmond Virginia at Ramada Inn West

Thursday September 17th

Suckerpunch Entertainment Visit

Friday September 18th

Chuck and Amy Evening Visit

Saturday 19th September

Amtrack from Main street Station, Richmond Virginia to Union Station, Washington DC commences at 10.17am. Arrives at 1.05pm

Amtrack from Union Station, Washington DC to Union Station Chicago Illinois commences at 4.05pm. Arrival at 8.40am

Overnight accomodation on Amtrack

Sunday 20th September

Arrival in Chicago at 8.40am

overnight accomodation at Downtown Travel Lodge Hotel

Monday 21st September

Overnight Accomodation at Downtown Travel Lodge Hotel

Tuesday 22nd September

Amtrack from Union Station, Chicago Illinois to Galesburg :blink: Commences at 2pm. Arrival at 4.38pm

Amtrack from Galesburg to Moline (QC) commences at 6.45pm. Arrival at 7.35pm

Overnight Accomodation at Super 8 Motel in Bettendorf :laugh:

Wed 23rd September

MFS Visit

Overnight Accomodation at Super 8 Motel in Bettendorf

Thursday 24th September

possible visit to Des Moines

Overnight Accomodation at Super 8 Motel in Bettendorf

Friday 25th September

Visit to Moline gym

Bus to Bloomington Normal from 4.35pm to 7.25pm

Patron blmfighter to host transport from Bloomington to Granite City

Overnight Accomodation E.Lodge :laugh: cant remember what the E stands for :unsure:

Saturday 26th September

Visit to Saint Louis Missouri

Overnight Accomodation E.Lodge

Sunday 27th September

South Illinois Visits

Overnight Accomodation E.Lodge

Monday 28th September

HIT SQUAD Visit

Overnight Accomdation E.Lodge

Tuesday 29th September

Amtrack from Saint Louis Missouri to Union Station Chicago commences at 7.55am Arrival at 1.52pm

Amtrack from Union Station Chicago to Union Station Washington DC Commences at 6.50 pm. Arrival at 1.15pm

Overnight Accomodation with Amtrack

Wed 30th September

Sightseeing in Washington DC

Overnight Accomdation at The Harrington Hotel

Thursday October 1st

Sightseeing in Washington DC

Overnight Accomodation at The Harrington Hotel

Friday October 2nd

North West Airlines from Ronald Reagan International Ariport in Washington DC to Detroit Metropolitan Airport. Departs at 12.30pm American Eastern Time and arrives 2.07pm American Eastern Time

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines from Detroit Metropolitan Airport to Schiphol Airport in Amsterdam. Departs 4pm American Eastern Time. Arrives 5.55am Western Continental European Time

Overnight Accomodation on Airplane

Saturday October 3rd

Arrival into Amsterdam at 5.55am

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines from Schiphol Airport in Amsterdam to Liverpool John Lennon Airport. Commences at 9.25am Western European Continental Time. Arrives at 9.50 Greenwhich Mean Time (and somehow the flight takes almost one and a half hours :laugh: )

Unknown Bus at Unknown time to Liverpool Lime Street Station.

Transpennine Express Service From Liverpool Lime Street Station to Leeds City Train Station at unknown time

Number 36 Bus from Leeds City Bus Station to Harrogate Bus Station at unknown time

THE END

Tyburn
09-06-2009, 09:33 AM
:huh: so...dont all rush to meet me at once :mellow:

:laugh:

Chuck
09-06-2009, 03:16 PM
:huh: so...dont all rush to meet me at once :mellow:

:happy0198:

We're just trying to soak it all in brother... :-)

MattHughesRocks
09-06-2009, 03:28 PM
Dave, sounds like a heck of a trip. BE CAREFUL! DO NOT talk to strangers :blink:
Yeah right :laugh:

I'm excited for you. Too bad we can't meet up.Bring plenty of clean underwear and since your going to be on buses and planes sitting close to other people make sure you shower every night! Keep change in your pocket ( I have no idea why :laugh:) and maps...you'll need maps....
I'll think of more to tell you between now and when you leave :unsure-1:

TexasRN
09-06-2009, 03:42 PM
If you were going to be in Richmond over a weekend I could have driven up to meet you. I'll see what I can do about Friday the 18th, I might (long shot) be able to find a way to get up there without it being too late.

~Amy

TexasRN
09-06-2009, 03:43 PM
Oh and stock up on hand sanitizer and use it!

~Amy

Chuck
09-06-2009, 03:51 PM
If you were going to be in Richmond over a weekend I could have driven up to meet you. I'll see what I can do about Friday the 18th, I might (long shot) be able to find a way to get up there without it being too late.

~Amy

How far is Richmond from where you are? Maybe I could drive to you, and we could drive to Dave? :wink:

TexasRN
09-06-2009, 04:16 PM
How far is Richmond from where you are? Maybe I could drive to you, and we could drive to Dave? :wink:

I am about 3-3.5 hours south. You wanna?

~Amy

MattHughesRocks
09-06-2009, 04:49 PM
Do it you guys! :w00t:

Chuck
09-06-2009, 05:44 PM
I am about 3-3.5 hours south. You wanna?

~Amy

As long as you promise to drive those 3.5 hours!! I'll be on the road 12+ just to get to you! I'll need a break :wink:

Tyburn
09-06-2009, 05:47 PM
All are welcome....Except Buzzard and his teeth pliars :scared0011::laugh:

Chuck
09-06-2009, 05:54 PM
All are welcome....Except Buzzard and his teeth pliars :scared0011::laugh:

Awesome Dave!!

When I come see you I'll be sure to bring my gun, my snake and pee in public as often as possible!!

:D

Tyburn
09-06-2009, 05:56 PM
Awesome Dave!!

When I come see you I'll be sure to bring my gun, my snake and pee in public as often as possible!!

:D

then you can wait in Reception, whilst Amy and I do Tea :ninja:

TexasRN
09-06-2009, 06:00 PM
As long as you promise to drive those 3.5 hours!! I'll be on the road 12+ just to get to you! I'll need a break :wink:

I don't mind driving. You can meet me at my apt and we'll take off. I may even let you in to pee before we get started. :laugh:

Dave, if Chuck doesn't flake out we'd be there about 8 pm or so and could hang out until you had to make it over to the amtrak place for the next leg of your trip on Saturday.

~Amy

Chuck
09-06-2009, 06:04 PM
Dave, if Chuck doesn't flake out

:angry:

What day are we talking about again?

TexasRN
09-06-2009, 06:08 PM
:angry:

What day are we talking about again?

:laugh: Friday, Sept 18th. We'd drive back to my place Saturday when Dave goes to the Amtrak station.

~Amy

Tyburn
09-06-2009, 06:22 PM
:laugh: Friday, Sept 18th. We'd drive back to my place Saturday when Dave goes to the Amtrak station.

~Amy

:happydancing: GRAND IDEA
shall we say that we shall do that :huh:

Tyburn
09-08-2009, 05:34 PM
:) okay so ive updated my tour again :laugh:

Twinsmama
09-08-2009, 05:47 PM
are you going to get to hang w/ nate or matt? will they be at hit squad the day you go?? you are going to have so much fun. i could never do a trip like that by myself!! i'd get lost on the first part and mess up the rest!!! :laugh:

Tyburn
09-08-2009, 06:15 PM
are you going to get to hang w/ nate or matt? will they be at hit squad the day you go?? you are going to have so much fun. i could never do a trip like that by myself!! i'd get lost on the first part and mess up the rest!!! :laugh:

I hope so.

Todd Laux (whose the gym manager at HIT Squad) tells me that often Hughes and Rosario are around on a monday, tuesday and thursday. My main visit to the gym will be a Monday...so yes...but I havent got round to talking to EVERYONE yet.

I shall send my number to those I hope will come and see me...and they can either send me their number so I can call them to arrange once I arrive...or the onus is on them to contact me and arrange...if that makes sense :laugh:

I dont think I shall get lost. I have maps of Station to Hotels for each place. I also have a good sense of direction...and the helpful thing about alot of American cities is they are Modernity Cities (that means they are usually constructed and planned as whole cities, and they usually work on a grid format (the roads provide the staves of the grid) so you can almost get a city latitude and longditude on a map for a certain place by counting the number of streets vertical and horizontal on the map. Chicago, and Washington (the central areas where I am going) both seem to be far more structured then an English city...which is just a sprawl which organically grows with time. Harrogate unusually has a planned town centre, but thats because it was a Generational City, where the same families for years lived, worked and died without ever really leaving the city and living else where, it was a popular trait in the Victorian Era...that you lived one place, and had one job for life.

bj44
09-09-2009, 04:40 AM
I hope so.

Todd Laux (whose the gym manager at HIT Squad) tells me that often Hughes and Rosario are around on a monday, tuesday and thursday. My main visit to the gym will be a Monday...so yes...but I havent got round to talking to EVERYONE yet.

I shall send my number to those I hope will come and see me...and they can either send me their number so I can call them to arrange once I arrive...or the onus is on them to contact me and arrange...if that makes sense :laugh:

I dont think I shall get lost. I have maps of Station to Hotels for each place. I also have a good sense of direction...and the helpful thing about alot of American cities is they are Modernity Cities (that means they are usually constructed and planned as whole cities, and they usually work on a grid format (the roads provide the staves of the grid) so you can almost get a city latitude and longditude on a map for a certain place by counting the number of streets vertical and horizontal on the map. Chicago, and Washington (the central areas where I am going) both seem to be far more structured then an English city...which is just a sprawl which organically grows with time. Harrogate unusually has a planned town centre, but thats because it was a Generational City, where the same families for years lived, worked and died without ever really leaving the city and living else where, it was a popular trait in the Victorian Era...that you lived one place, and had one job for life.

well yeah cuss the cities over there developed before there were cars...... If youve ever been to boston or atlanta you wouldnt say all american cities are grided well though haha....

Tyburn
09-09-2009, 11:55 AM
well yeah cuss the cities over there developed before there were cars...... If youve ever been to boston or atlanta you wouldnt say all american cities are grided well though haha....

No thats untrue.

The Philosophical Enlightenment which began what was called The Era of Modernity. Thought that all things should be rational and logical, and that included how towns and cities were laid out. It has nothing to do with when cars were developed, it was a deliberate planning strategm supported by the thinkers of the time.

They tried it in England, but people didnt like it. One such place is Milton Keynes not to far from London. In America, the big cities were just about to flourish at the same time, so naturally it made sense for them to show this modern design.

Most cities are STILL organic, which means they are still growing, you tend to find that the outskirt residential suberbs are even in a Modernity City, less in a grid format. You also find Grids dont work so well on rough terrain. But the city centre, which will be mostly business and lesure, that can be planned to perfection. In Harrogate, all the Estate Agents are on One Street, all the Banks are on another Street, and all the bric-a-brac stores confined to a small quarter. All the Major stuff like royal baths, pump room, and conference centre are all on one road, and the Hotels are all on the same road also.

...its horrible :laugh:

VCURamFan
09-12-2009, 02:53 PM
Dave, I'm down for meeting you whenever. Sounds like the big party in the RIC will be Friday night though, when Chuck & Amy are in town, so it may be easiest if we all just attack-I mean "meet"-you then. Let me know if you're dieing to meet me sooner, though.

Tyburn
09-12-2009, 04:09 PM
:ninja: I'll be in touch when I get to Washington :w00t:

VCURamFan
09-12-2009, 04:26 PM
:ninja: I'll be in touch when I get to Washington :w00t:
Sounds good, man, I look forward to hearing from you!

que
09-12-2009, 04:41 PM
sounds like an incredible trip you have planned

Boomer
09-12-2009, 04:56 PM
I also have a good sense of direction....

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:rotfl:

You have the worst sense of direction I know of. You were an obsolute terrible guide in London ..... You in all those cities without a map. :laugh:

Remember .. when being mugged just curl up into a ball on the ground and protect your neck.

VCURamFan
09-12-2009, 05:02 PM

You have the worst sense of direction I know of. You were an obsolute terrible guide in London ..... You in all those cities without a map. :laugh:

Remember .. when being mugged just curl up into a ball on the ground and protect your neck.Now I'm kinda tempted to stalk him for the first coupla days & see how many times he gets lost!:laugh:

Tyburn
09-12-2009, 05:15 PM

Remember .. when being mugged just curl up into a ball on the ground and protect your neck.

:ninja: HEY. Its not my fault that Matt Hughes was based out of my area of knowledge. I told you I was unfamiliar with the docklands light railway as it is.

I could have showed you round CENTRAL London, but I seem to recall you declining that offer, claiming you were off to stonehenge...and I offered to take you to Saint Paul's for Evensong but you didnt want to do that either.

I wont get mugged. There is no city as dangerous as Bradford :ninja:

VCURamFan
09-12-2009, 05:19 PM
:ninja: HEY. Its not my fault that Matt Hughes was based out of my area of knowledge. I told you I was unfamiliar with the docklands light railway as it is.

I could have showed you round CENTRAL London, but I seem to recall you declining that offer, claiming you were off to stonehenge...and I offered to take you to Saint Paul's for Evensong but you didnt want to do that either.

I wont get mugged. There is no city as dangerous as Bradford :ninja:
Not true. Both Washington D.C. & Richmond, VA have been on the nations top 25 list for most murders-per-capita for years!:happydancing:

Tyburn
09-12-2009, 08:03 PM
Not true. Both Washington D.C. & Richmond, VA have been on the nations top 25 list for most murders-per-capita for years!:happydancing:

I dont know why everyone is so worried. My parents are freaking out, you guys are freaking out...ironically...I'm not.

I know it sounds stupid, but I can actually take care of myself....even in a Murder Capital.

I'll be fine so long as noone points a gun in my face...and if they do, I'd probably actually laugh. I've not got wealthy parents...and they'd get more knocking over the nearest offliscence then they'll get from my wallet.

I actually avoid the trouble to begin with. I dont put myself in situations that might get dangerous. Public places, daylight hours, welllit, easy transportation access, hotels near stations, near the centre where everything is.

Please dont worry about me. I shall be fine. :)

VCURamFan
09-12-2009, 08:04 PM
I dont know why everyone is so worried. My parents are freaking out, you guys are freaking out...ironically...I'm not.

I know it sounds stupid, but I can actually take care of myself....even in a Murder Capital.

I'll be fine so long as noone points a gun in my face...and if they do, I'd probably actually laugh. I've not got wealthy parents...and they'd get more knocking over the nearest offliscence then they'll get from my wallet.

I actually avoid the trouble to begin with. I dont put myself in situations that might get dangerous. Public places, daylight hours, welllit, easy transportation access, hotels near stations, near the centre where everything is.

Please dont worry about me. I shall be fine. :)
I'm not worried about you, I'm just busting your false pre-consceptions!!:laugh:

Tyburn
09-12-2009, 08:05 PM
I'm not worried about you, I'm just busting your false pre-consceptions!!:laugh:

you can try :laugh:

MattHughesRocks
09-12-2009, 08:47 PM
Your going to be just fine Dave. Keep your head up and don't look like a pussy whatever you do.

Tyburn
09-12-2009, 08:47 PM
Sounds good, man, I look forward to hearing from you!

I cant believe im actually doing this!

its...overwhelming to say the least! :scared0015:

Tyburn
09-12-2009, 08:49 PM
Your going to be just fine Dave. Keep your head up and don't look like a pussy whatever you do.

:unsure-1: i'll try not to

Everyone at work couldnt believe I was going on my own :mellow::blink:

of course I'm going on my own...I dont need someone to hold my hand.... :wink:

VCURamFan
09-12-2009, 08:58 PM
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Bonnie
09-12-2009, 09:40 PM

That's what I told him except I wasn't quite so....colorful in my wording. :laugh:

I told him to put you as next of kin, Michelle. :laugh:

Tyburn
09-12-2009, 11:45 PM
i'm not sure I have a next of Kin...i'm single...so I suppose it still defaults to my parents...I dunno. :huh:

MattHughesRocks
09-13-2009, 02:30 AM
Next of kin for what Dave? What do you have? Just put a note in your wallet with your parents info to call in case....like you die or end up in the hospital unconscious :laugh:

No really, your going to be just fine.It's not like your not going to see at least a few friendly faces that you know PLUS you'll get to talk to me!:w00t:

Tyburn
09-13-2009, 11:02 AM
No really, your going to be just fine.It's not like your not going to see at least a few friendly faces that you know PLUS you'll get to talk to me!:w00t:

:laugh: and a few that might want to tar and feather me :blink::laugh:

Tyburn
09-13-2009, 11:19 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbff0GmZFmg

my last blog before the US trip...about...the itinery :ashamed:

Tyburn
09-14-2009, 11:48 PM
Right ive got 40 moments to go. I'm going to shut down shortly. Goodbye everyone! :ninja:

que
09-15-2009, 12:04 AM
a hint to everyone who sees dave on this trip: when speaking to him, be sure to say the word "right" before you begin each sentence. when speaking face to face with someone from the UK this is customary and is considered disrespectful to do otherwise (even if you are an american and even if you are outside the UK) this is a deep hidden secret that most people don't know. don't forget! :ninja:

MattHughesRocks
09-15-2009, 01:52 AM
Riiiiiiiiiiiiight

Neezar
09-18-2009, 07:01 PM
I dont think I shall get lost. I have maps of Station to Hotels for each place. I also have a good sense of direction.....

:Whistle:

Anyone want to join in on a game? We shall guess how many times Dave will get lost in America.

Neezar
09-18-2009, 07:03 PM
I shall give you a hint: When Dave was telling me about the 1st time he got lost he said, "And I hasten to add that the map was wrong and not me."

VCURamFan
09-18-2009, 07:12 PM
I shall give you a hint: When Dave was telling me about the 1st time he got lost he said, "And I hasten to add that the map was wrong and not me."

Nope, that was at least the SECOND time he got lost.

MattHughesRocks
09-26-2009, 06:23 AM
ttt so I don't have to keep looking for it.