PDA

View Full Version : H1N1 alters greeting rituals?

rockdawg21
09-05-2009, 02:02 AM
This is pretty funny, love the pic! If you want the article, here goes, I just wanted to share the pic: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32692563/ns/health-the_new_york_times

http://msnbcmedia4.msn.com/i/MSNBC/Sections/Health/_a_Daily%20Stories/NYT_ILLO_RISK_590.gif

TexasRN
09-05-2009, 02:10 AM
:laugh: That's hilarious. I may have to print that off for work. I know for sure that I've been exposed to 2 cases of H1N1 but so far, I am flu free. :ninja:

~Amy

rockdawg21
09-05-2009, 02:19 AM
:laugh: That's hilarious. I may have to print that off for work. I know for sure that I've been exposed to 2 cases of H1N1 but so far, I am flu free. :ninja:

~Amy
Just make sure if you touch your patients that you give them the fist bump! :laugh:

Neezar
09-05-2009, 03:16 AM
I get exposed to it every day that I work. It has been that way for 2 weeks now. We had 6 cases when I worked the front 2 days ago. That is only the adult ER. We have a separate ER for children. We had a 12 yoa the next county over who died from it. And we had an 18 yoa Air Vac'd in yesterday. He wasn't doing well when I left.

And I hate wearing the duck-billed masks. :angry:

TexasRN
09-05-2009, 01:33 PM
I get exposed to it every day that I work. It has been that way for 2 weeks now. We had 6 cases when I worked the front 2 days ago. That is only the adult ER. We have a separate ER for children. We had a 12 yoa the next county over who died from it. And we had an 18 yoa Air Vac'd in yesterday. He wasn't doing well when I left.

I bet you're awful cute wearing yours. :laugh: I hate them too. And it freaks my pregnant ladies out when I come rushing out to the waiting area wearing a mask, grab one of them, slap a mask on her, and sequester her in the back after she has told my front desk that she feels ill.

~Amy

MattHughesRocks
09-05-2009, 02:02 PM
Oh please can I see a picture?! :laugh:

Neezar
09-05-2009, 03:14 PM
Oh please can I see a picture?! :laugh:

We have been drawing pictures on them to make it seem less painful. I have been trying to get the Rolling Stones mouth on mine but the shape makes it almost impossible.

I saw a pic today that was funny that I may try next week. I may put some freaky eyes on it right under my eyes.

Neezar
09-09-2009, 05:33 AM
We are getting an average of 25 cases per day now. :sad: This is not counting the Pediatric ER up the street or doctor's offices. That number is only our ER.

And I have a stuffy nose, and my throat hurts, and I feel like I am getting a fever. :tired:

MattHughesRocks
09-09-2009, 05:40 AM
I've had all those symptoms for 3 days now. I feel like shyte. And I shake a lot of hands at my job to I wonder who I got it from and who I gave it to:unsure-1:

Neezar
09-09-2009, 05:43 AM
Damn you, H1N1!

:laugh:

rockdawg21
09-09-2009, 10:53 AM
I had many of the symptoms of this last weekend, but never got really sick. I just felt like every muscle and joint in my body was sore, and had a massive headache. No coughs, sore throat, or fever though. I just mega-dosed on vitamin c, ate really healthy, drank tons of water/iced tea, got lots of sleep, and played video games :laugh:; felt 100% after 3 days. I exercise 5-6 times a week though so I'm sure my immune system is pretty strong. Hope that's what I got so I don't have to worry about it later!

BTW, Neezar or Amy, did either of you print that list and bring it to work for some laughs?

mikthehick
09-09-2009, 05:34 PM
I had many of the symptoms of this last weekend, but never got really sick. I just felt like every muscle and joint in my body was sore, and had a massive headache. No coughs, sore throat, or fever though. I just mega-dosed on vitamin c, ate really healthy, drank tons of water/iced tea, got lots of sleep, and played video games :laugh:; felt 100% after 3 days. I exercise 5-6 times a week though so I'm sure my immune system is pretty strong. Hope that's what I got so I don't have to worry about it later!

BTW, Neezar or Amy, did either of you print that list and bring it to work for some laughs?

The pollen count in VA right now is unbelievable! I'm allergic to anything that is green or has fur, soooo, yesterday I could not get out of bed. I still have sick leave, but just had a sore throat, sneezing, stuffyness, and it feels like I've been thrown off a cliff from a 2 hour workout on Monday.

Today I just feel like a big nose...like the commercials.

But eating healthy (cut out sugar and bleached starches), drinking a ton of water and resting do a world of difference :cool:

MattHughesRocks
09-09-2009, 05:50 PM
I'd rather God just take me right now :scared0011:

But eating healthy (cut out sugar and bleached starches), drinking a ton of water and resting do a world of difference :cool:

TexasRN
09-09-2009, 06:38 PM

Actually I did print it out today and pass it around for my sonographers. I try to come up with a laugh for them every few days and that was it for today. :)

~Amy

mikthehick
09-09-2009, 08:50 PM
I'd rather God just take me right now :scared0011:

Yeah, this was really rough, but I just replaced it with lots of fruit....but i miss the gummy bears and dark chocolate :cool: