PDA

View Full Version : US Medical Insurance

Tyburn
09-04-2009, 07:14 PM
:laugh: my parents are worry worts and convinced something awful will happen to me on my US Trip. They are going to get medical insurance...but they want to actually get US Medical Insurance, because its better then getting British Medical Insurance.

They tell me there are different bands, or groups of hospitals that serve different people, based on their level of medical insurance...they want to know which would be best one, considering I am traveling in Virginia, Illinois, Iowa, Missouri and Washingto DC.

I need an answer by Sunday...so chop-chop all you medical nurses...I need to know what insurance in best...price is not an issue...as i'm not paying :laugh:

TexasRN
09-04-2009, 07:58 PM
I have no clue about buying your own insurance. I always end up getting whatever my employer offers.

~Amy

Tyburn
09-04-2009, 08:29 PM
I have no clue about buying your own insurance. I always end up getting whatever my employer offers.

~Amy
:unsure-1: oh...dear...lets hope Denise knows :laugh:

Chuck
09-04-2009, 08:53 PM
:laugh: my parents are worry worts and convinced something awful will happen to me on my US Trip. They are going to get medical insurance...but they want to actually get US Medical Insurance, because its better then getting British Medical Insurance.

They tell me there are different bands, or groups of hospitals that serve different people, based on their level of medical insurance...they want to know which would be best one, considering I am traveling in Virginia, Illinois, Iowa, Missouri and Washingto DC.

I need an answer by Sunday...so chop-chop all you medical nurses...I need to know what insurance in best...price is not an issue...as i'm not paying :laugh:
Your parents are slightly confused as to how the US system works :wink:

There is a chance you could get a temp policy from one of the major US carriers but I think your best bet will be to purchase a travel policy but even that will normally only cover you for emergencies. I'll be happy to look into it if you'd like. When are you leaving for the States?

Neezar
09-04-2009, 11:39 PM
:unsure-1: oh...dear...lets hope Denise knows :laugh:

Sorry, I don't do insurance. I just run your bill up. :w00t:

MattHughesRocks
09-05-2009, 03:41 AM
Yeah Dave, if you need medical attention while your here your better off just going to an emergency room and getting treated then fleeing back to England and sticking us American's with the bill.
We're used to it anyway :laugh:

lyndsey823
09-05-2009, 08:51 AM
if you have an emergency or get sick or something, just do what every other person does. go to the ER, give them your name, say you don't have your ID, and there you go. they won't turn you away.

Buzzard
09-05-2009, 08:55 AM
If you need a tooth pulled when in Virginia, look me up. I have some pliers. If the pliers won't work, don't worry. I also have hammers and nails.

Tyburn
09-05-2009, 01:04 PM
They are going for something called AIG :huh:

:laugh: I dont really care. I am not expecting to have any unterward thing happen to me on Holiday....and I have NO intention of meeting Buzzard in Virgina :unsure: :laugh:

MattHughesRocks
09-05-2009, 03:04 PM
AIG? Read the American news much? :Whistle:

Tyburn
09-05-2009, 04:27 PM
AIG? Read the American news much? :Whistle:
:unsure-1: no...why?? do they not pay out or something :blink: :huh:

Buzzard
09-05-2009, 09:11 PM
They are going for something called AIG :huh:

:laugh: I dont really care. I am not expecting to have any unterward thing happen to me on Holiday....and I have NO intention of meeting Buzzard in Virgina :unsure: :laugh:

Gee whiz, I was only kidding about the pulling teeth thing. I'd at least give you a shot of cheap whiskey to help numb the pain.

I guess it isn't worth telling you I'd buy you a beer if passing through my area, which you will be. I'll donate that money to a worthy cause instead.

Tyburn
09-06-2009, 07:54 PM
Gee whiz, I was only kidding about the pulling teeth thing. I'd at least give you a shot of cheap whiskey to help numb the pain.

I guess it isn't worth telling you I'd buy you a beer if passing through my area, which you will be. I'll donate that money to a worthy cause instead.

:mellow: I'm T Total Buzzard :rolleyes:

:laugh: