que
09-03-2009, 03:14 PM
speaker by speaker comparison of two nickelback songs, one old and one new

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qs4tNeGyTyI

Chuck
09-03-2009, 03:54 PM
speaker by speaker comparison of two nickelback songs, one old and one new

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qs4tNeGyTyI

Ok, I'll bite... why the hate on NB? I'm not a huge fan but I wasn't aware there was an "anti" NB movement out there...

Boomer
09-03-2009, 04:06 PM
Ok, I'll bite... why the hate on NB? I'm not a huge fan but I wasn't aware there was an "anti" NB movement out there...

because .. they made me do a really bad song in vegas. :angry:

WARRRR QUE!!!!!!!!

Crisco
09-03-2009, 04:10 PM

WARRRR QUE!!!!!!!!

Your a rockstar your just not that kind of rockstar right boom?

:happydancing: :happydancing: :cool:

sender
09-03-2009, 04:15 PM

WARRRR QUE!!!!!!!!

One of the best parts of the trip :laugh:

que
09-03-2009, 05:07 PM

i don't know but i think it started in portugal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQzhOyHTarU

County Mike
09-03-2009, 07:00 PM
I love Nickelback songs. I don't care if some of them sound like the others.

They rock. If you don't like them, have fun listening to your Jonas Brothers CD. I won't hate on you.

que
09-03-2009, 07:43 PM
nickleback is nothing to stand behind. not only do their songs suck and not only do they all sound the same, but their lyrics are too often downright disgusting, crude, immoral and nothing a christian should be proud to be a fan of. not to mention that their lyrics are just plain dumb. if you need further proof here is a sample quote from the chorus of their latest hit single:

"Got to meet the hottie with the million dollar body
They say it's over budget, but you'd pay her just to touch it, come on

Crafty little lip tricks
Tattoo's on her left hip
She's bending as you're spending there's no end to it so baby come on

You're so much cooler when you never pull it out
'Cause you look so much cuter with something in your mouth"

Chuck
09-03-2009, 10:07 PM
i don't know but i think it started in portugal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQzhOyHTarU

So quitting a show because people were throwing rocks at you is a bad thing??

logrus
09-03-2009, 10:50 PM
Most bands play off their own sound using cords and riffs from their previous songs just with an altered change. Hell Kurt Cobain was brilliant at doing this. Not only that but he would use other guitar players cords and riff use them in the same order but slightly altered, thus making his own unique sound.

So who does Que listen to I bet we could find simularities from them and everyone else.

NateR
09-04-2009, 02:54 AM
I've never been a fan of Nickelback and I find it hilarious that there is actually an anti-Nickelback movement out there. I've just always hated the lead singer's voice, it's terrible.

County Mike
09-04-2009, 06:58 PM
here is a sample quote from the chorus of their latest hit single:

"Got to meet the hottie with the million dollar body
They say it's over budget, but you'd pay her just to touch it, come on

Crafty little lip tricks
Tattoo's on her left hip
She's bending as you're spending there's no end to it so baby come on

You're so much cooler when you never pull it out
'Cause you look so much cuter with something in your mouth"

Awesome lyrics!!! You're just a hater.

TexasRN
09-04-2009, 07:09 PM
Awesome lyrics!!! You're just a hater.

I have the CD and know all the words to that song. :ashamed: Yes, I still buy CDs and yes, I listen to Nickelback. :laugh:

~Amy

J.B.
10-14-2009, 02:04 PM
That mashup is like a 1000 years old. Any decent DJ or engineer could pick that out and make it work. Yeah, the progressions are similar, but the melodies are different and they clash when mixed. Then of course there is the fact that they had to completely re-sample "How You Remind Me" to a lower key and tempo in order for it to even remotely work. Similar chord progressions or re-occurring themes throughout a band or songwriter's body of work is a common thing. It's part of how a lot of artists define themselves.

I like Nickelback, but I understand why there is a legion of people who dislike them. It's all just a matter of opinion.

Crisco
10-14-2009, 03:08 PM
That mashup is like a 1000 years old. Any decent DJ or engineer could pick that out and make it work. Yeah, the progressions are similar, but the melodies are different and they clash when mixed. Then of course there is the fact that they had to completely re-sample "How You Remind Me" to a lower key and tempo in order for it to even remotely work. Similar chord progressions or re-occurring themes throughout a band or songwriter's body of work is a common thing. It's part of how a lot of artists define themselves.

I like Nickelback, but I understand why there is a legion of people who dislike them. It's all just a matter of opinion.

I think it has more to do with over exposure.

I find myself completely hating anything played on z100 here in the tri state because they have like 13 "hits" on their entire playlist for the day.

I like Nickelback but hated it when their songs where played every 3rd song on every rock station.

Rev
10-14-2009, 11:15 PM
I thought it was because they are from Canada.

J.B.
10-15-2009, 04:19 AM
It's both of those things....

They are definitely over-exposed Canadians. :laugh:

Seriously, I get what you are saying Cris, that's pretty much why the only thing I listen to on radio is sports or talk shows. Still, the radio is a useful tool for marketing and the industry knows that if they beat the song into your brains enough eventually you will go out and buy the album, at least that's what they hope.

Plus, it's the internet, anybody who is ultra popular has a group of people who loathe them, and they all gather somewhere.