PDA

View Full Version : School Children Complain Of “Obama Worship” During Lessons

NateR
02-06-2009, 02:02 AM
This is some seriously scary stuff:
http://www.infowars.com/school-children-complain-of-“obama-worship”-during-lessons/

Here's an excerpt, but it's just a part of the whole article:

My son, who is in 1st grade, came home yesterday saying that he didn’t want to go back to school anymore. So I asked him why? He said that during the Pledge of Allegiance the teacher put up a large image of Obama next to the flag. I asked him if he was sure of this and I suggested to him that maybe the teacher just put up an 8×10 photo of the president. He said, “No, it is a large picture of Obama and when we are done Ms. **** turns off the image.” I also asked if they did this for Bush last year? He again said, “No.” This was my sons first day back to school since before Christmas, he was on a 5 week track break.

My wife volunteers a couple of days each week with helping out with my sons teacher doing various duties. She said that she would come in early this morning to see what was going on. She just got back and reported that this was true and then some. She said she waited out in the pod area and could see inside 3 of the 5 class rooms in this section of school. She said that when the kids stand each teacher flips on the classroom overhead and a full body image of Obama, with six U.S. flags behind him, comes up about 4 feet away from the flag that hangs on the wall. She said that the image has Obama staring straight at you with no facial expressions, just a serious look. I asked my wife if Obama had his hand over his heart? She said that she was so taken aback by this that she didn’t see it. What is worse is she said that all of the kids in each class faced Obama instead of the flag that hangs in the corner.

What the heck is going on?

Mac
02-06-2009, 02:07 AM
This is some seriously scary stuff:
http://www.infowars.com/school-children-complain-of-“obama-worship”-during-lessons/

Here's an excerpt, but it's just a part of the whole article:

Headed down a bad road , a bad , bad road.

Llamafighter
02-06-2009, 02:25 AM
Hmm when I was in schoool we always had a picture of the president in our classroom right behind the flag. This seems a bit overboard.

Hughes_GOAT
02-06-2009, 02:32 AM
who's Obama?

NateR
02-06-2009, 03:07 AM
who's Obama?

The less you know the better. Just keep sipping that Kool-Aid. :laugh:

J.B.
02-06-2009, 03:16 AM
who's Obama?

That guy who cost teh Cardinals da SUPER BOWL :angry:

Damn liberals...:)

rockdawg21
02-06-2009, 04:45 AM
who's Obama?
Haven't you heard? He's our new Lord and Savior according to this article.

NateR
02-06-2009, 05:59 AM
I'd like to think that teacher was reported and got fired for that, but I'm doubtful that would happen.

MattHughesRocks
02-06-2009, 06:53 AM
I don't believe any of that. Just because you find an article on the internet doesnt mean it's true. Any Obama hater could come up with this crap in a heartbeat:blink:

Josh
02-06-2009, 09:29 AM
I don't believe any of that. Just because you find an article on the internet doesnt mean it's true. Any Obama hater could come up with this crap in a heartbeat:blink:
Wait..What? I'm not sure I am ready to believe that.

rockdawg21
02-06-2009, 01:29 PM
So, that means, the above statement isn't necessarily true. :rotfl:

CAVEMAN
02-06-2009, 03:25 PM
Shouldn't surprise anyone. Obama promised the "WORLD" to education and the teachers union.

rockdawg21
02-06-2009, 04:15 PM
Shouldn't surprise anyone. Obama promised the "WORLD" to education and the teachers union.
I hope so. I sell library books for a living. The current economic stimulus package will add an additional 98 billion to education. The budget last year was somewhere around 120 billion so that's an extremely significant amount. Millions of teachers didn't even receive raises this year because the tax revenue was too low to support it. Here in San Antonio, 1 district is closing 6 schools to save money.

I hope it goes through, I'd LOVE to get that additional income to the libraries :)

CAVEMAN
02-06-2009, 04:30 PM
I hope so. I sell library books for a living. The current economic stimulus package will add an additional 98 billion to education. The budget last year was somewhere around 120 billion so that's an extremely significant amount. Millions of teachers didn't even receive raises this year because the tax revenue was too low to support it. Here in San Antonio, 1 district is closing 6 schools to save money.

I hope it goes through, I'd LOVE to get that additional income to the libraries :)

I'm all for better education and I believe that teachers should be compensated fairly. But watch, that money will be gobbled up by the all the superintendents and their administration staff. We have superintendents in our area that are making 6 figure salaries. AND some teachers making less than $30,000 a year.

Hughes_GOAT
02-07-2009, 03:01 AM
That guy who cost teh Cardinals da SUPER BOWL :angry:

Damn liberals...:)

wouldn't be surprised :laugh:

Tyburn
02-08-2009, 10:49 PM
See they would never dare do anything like this in English Schools...not quite sure what this "pledge of alligience" business is your talking about...that sounds abit...nationalistic to me. Europe just doesnt go into things like that. Let me put it this way, in my Secondary school they had a portrait of HM The Queen in the Assembly Hall, during Prize Giving they would play the National Anthem and make all the parents stand up...more then afew complained about that!

When they played the National Anthem in ChristChurch-on-the-stray during the Service of Remembrance in November, it took EVERYONE by suprise...and the way the congregation kinda stopped singing during the Third verse (which was played second) you could tell they didnt really know the words...

This probably doesnt need to get out LOL, many Europeans find Americans far to patriotic as it is...without having a life size effigy of their President in some kinda morning oath taking.

I'm slightly disturbed...do you guys really have a flag hanging inside all your classrooms...do you really make your children chant some patriotic oath everyday?? is this normal...or just...:unsure-1:

rockdawg21
02-08-2009, 11:17 PM
This probably doesnt need to get out LOL, many Europeans find Americans far to patriotic as it is...without having a life size effigy of their President in some kinda morning oath taking.

I'm slightly disturbed...do you guys really have a flag hanging inside all your classrooms...do you really make your children chant some patriotic oath everyday?? is this normal...or just...:unsure-1:
I guess it's just our way of showing how proud we are. We win wars (when the government isn't f'ing everything up - aka Vietnam), guess that unity is our strength.

As for an oath to the flag every morning, yes, that occurs in all public schools. In Texas, they even have an oath to the Texas flag (we didn't do that in Missouri where I'm originally from). I guess that's what you'd call it, but IMO, there's nothing wrong with teaching kids to be [overly] patriotic.

Tyburn
02-08-2009, 11:27 PM
I guess it's just our way of showing how proud we are.

I guess that's what you'd call it, but IMO, there's nothing wrong with teaching kids to be [overly] patriotic.
You'll Excuse Germany, if they dont feel quite the same way. I can cope with a flag, its an object, It has no meaning beyond that which is put into it...I dont like the idea of doing it to a person, people do things, they, unlike objects are dangerous and fallable. There is a very fine line between Patriotism and Nationalism.

I wish I could fly a flag...should have seen my Land Lords face when he did the inspection last year and discovered the Wall sized American Flag pinned to my living room wall, its partly hidden with all kinds of memorabilia stuck to it. I dont know where to get an English one from...you can buy American ones in Wal-mart...coz thats where I got mine...you CANT buy them in English shops...I'd have to order online...cant be arsed :laugh:

I had no idea you took some kinda vow everyday...may I enquire as to what exactly that entails... :huh:

medic92
02-08-2009, 11:42 PM
[I]I had no idea you took some kinda vow everyday...may I enquire as to what exactly that entails... :huh:

"I pledge allegiance to the flag and to the United States of America and to the republic for which it stands. One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

It's not done in all schools and I don't believe it's required.

Tyburn
02-09-2009, 12:03 AM
"I pledge allegiance to the flag and to the United States of America and to the republic for which it stands. One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

It's not done in all schools and I don't believe it's required.
:mellow: ohh thats not to bad...except...the indivisible bit...erm...50 states...and two flags (Texas being the other one) Im suprised you dont have Islamists up in arms about the word "GOD" in it.

No...we're fine with that and the flag.

We are not fine with the Obama photo

medic92
02-09-2009, 12:07 AM
:mellow: ohh thats not to bad...except...the indivisible bit...erm...50 states...and two flags (Texas being the other one) Im suprised you dont have Islamists up in arms about the word "GOD" in it.

No...we're fine with that and the flag.

We are not fine with the Obama photo

Various atheist groups have been fighting for years to have the "under God" part taken out of the pledge, and they've been trying to get in banned under the phantom "separation of church and state" from the Constitution.

If I'm not mistaken, the "under God" portion of the pledge was actually added to the original pledge in 1956, but I can't be positive off the top of my head.

Tyburn
02-09-2009, 12:12 AM
If I'm not mistaken, the "under God" portion of the pledge was actually added to the original pledge in 1956, but I can't be positive off the top of my head.
:huh:

What? dont you mean 1756 or something :blink:

medic92
02-09-2009, 12:16 AM
Oh well, I was close. :)

From "The Pledge of Allegiance - A Short History" (http://history.vineyard.net/pledge.htm)

In 1954, Congress after a campaign by the Knights of Columbus, added the words, 'under God,' to the Pledge. The Pledge was now both a patriotic oath and a public prayer.

NateR
02-09-2009, 12:26 AM
Various atheist groups have been fighting for years to have the "under God" part taken out of the pledge, and they've been trying to get in banned under the phantom "separation of church and state" from the Constitution.

Yes, "under GOD" was added in the 1950s to help define our war against Communism, since Communist governments at the time embraced atheism and sought to outlaw religion entirely. Hence the common term, "those GODless Communists!"

I definitely don't believe it needs to be removed. Since those two words have been added to our Pledge of Allegiance, America has enjoy a period known as "the Golden Age of Capitalism" and we survived the Cold War and emerged as the lone World Power on the planet. Sure things aren't great now, but the last thing you want to do is abandon GOD during a tough time.

Tyburn
02-09-2009, 12:40 AM
Yes, "under GOD" was added in the 1950s to help define our war against Communism, since Communist governments at the time embraced atheism and sought to outlaw religion entirely. Hence the common term, "those GODless Communists!"

I definitely don't believe it needs to be removed. Since those two words have been added to our Pledge of Allegiance, America has enjoy a period known as "the Golden Age of Capitalism" and we survived the Cold War and emerged as the lone World Power on the planet. Sure things aren't great now, but the last thing you want to do is abandon GOD during a tough time.
:ashamed: there is always something new to learn about America from these Forums!

I think you are all fantastic :w00t:

Even you Nathan :laugh:

medic92
02-09-2009, 12:42 AM
Sure things aren't great now, but the last thing you want to do is abandon GOD during a tough time.

I've never run the numbers, but I'm almost positive if you ran the stats, you'd find that our biggest troubles with school shootings and other juvenile crime rates started going up shortly after the removal of the Ten Commandments from school and the Roe vs. Wade decision. Morality and respect for human life started going downhill right around the early to mid-70's and I think a correlation can be drawn between those two events and the various troubles we've had with kids these days.

Tyburn
02-09-2009, 01:00 AM
I've never run the numbers, but I'm almost positive if you ran the stats, you'd find that our biggest troubles with school shootings and other juvenile crime rates started going up shortly after the removal of the Ten Commandments from school and the Roe vs. Wade decision. Morality and respect for human life started going downhill right around the early to mid-70's and I think a correlation can be drawn between those two events and the various troubles we've had with kids these days.
I'm not that Superstitious...however, the 1960-present day showed a shift in whats known as "Zeitgeist" and the birth of Post-Modernity. Post-Modernity believes in something called Moral Relativity and denies something called Absolute Truth. Zeitgeist is German for Spirit of the Time, what it means, to use...I think a Goffman phrase...but could be another Post-Modernist Philosopher...Zeitgeists are seasons within something known as "The Grande Narrative" Something about Human progression, and the continual cycles of political evolution.

It was something we touched on briefly in my degree...I wasnt much cop at it to be fair....the problem with Post-Modernity is it says "anything goes" therefore people end up more distressed because they are overwhelmed by choices and possiblities, and there is no guide to what should and shouldnt happen. Its bollox...but alot of people caught it after the second world war...for three reasons, first, in Europe a whole generation of men had been wiped from the face of the Earth...who was left to bring up the kids? The Women who were doing what? breaking the taboos and going to work, and learning to vote, breaking the stereotype of what a victorian woman was. Thirdly, it was a reaction to the end of rationing after the war, ushering in a different age of music, and a load of hippies to boot. Whilst the Novelty had worn off by the 80s...the fragmented society still existed...THATS whats responsible for the removal of the ten commandments, and whats responsible for the rise in crime, it effects everything negatively IMHO.

We need to go back to Ancient Times, The Classical had two many gods, the dark ages had too much bloodshed, the middleages had to much dogma, the Ren was just...queer, the Enlightenment was too ridgid, Modernism was too fleeting and equaly vulgar, and post-modernity is empty.

I say bring back the Devine Right of Kingship...but then I would, I live under a monarch who Believes, and so do I, that she was chosen and annointed by GOD to serve her people....Her Husband aint to well at present...I mean, really aint to well...:ninja:

Spiritwalker
02-09-2009, 01:06 AM
You'll Excuse Germany, if they dont feel quite the same way. I can cope with a flag, its an object, It has no meaning beyond that which is put into it...I dont like the idea of doing it to a person, people do things, they, unlike objects are dangerous and fallable. There is a very fine line between Patriotism and Nationalism.

Well.. You know it's not like Germany has anything to be ashamed of...

And our flag is not just an object. It's an idea and an ideal.

The bars reprsent the orginal 13 colonies, the starred blue canton reprsent the states and is also called the "union". Displaying only the stared canton can be called the Union Jack.

Most people in the states know the stars represent the states, but less than 1 in 10 know what the bars are for.

One of the few flag traditions that I have been happy that has changed is the "wearing of the flag". I personally view that as love and support for my country. I have a jacket from over 20 years ago that I painted an iron cross on, but then used the flag... "think read white and blue colored iron cross"... most people I knew hated it.. but a few knew.. and the few that asked.. I told them.. then they understood.

I had no idea you took some kinda vow everyday...may I enquire as to what exactly that entails... :huh:

Think this...
"I believe in the United States of America, as a government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union, one and inseparable; established upon those principals of freedom, equality, justice, and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes. I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it, to support its Constitution, to obey its laws, to respect its flag, and to defend it against all enemies.” -William Tyler Page

Tyburn
02-09-2009, 01:26 AM
1) Well.. You know it's not like Germany has anything to be ashamed of...

2)And our flag is not just an object. It's an idea and an ideal.

The bars reprsent the orginal 13 colonies, the starred blue canton reprsent the states and is also called the "union". Displaying only the stared canton can be called the Union Jack.

Most people in the states know the stars represent the states, but less than 1 in 10 know what the bars are for.

3) One of the few flag traditions that I have been happy that has changed is the "wearing of the flag". I personally view that as love and support for my country. I have a jacket from over 20 years ago that I painted an iron cross on, but then used the flag... "think read white and blue colored iron cross"... most people I knew hated it.. but a few knew.. and the few that asked.. I told them.. then they understood.

4) Think this...
"I believe in the United States of America, as a government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union, one and inseparable; established upon those principals of freedom, equality, justice, and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes. I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it, to support its Constitution, to obey its laws, to respect its flag, and to defend it against all enemies.” -William Tyler Page
1) my point is, careful you dont do the same. The German people was oppressed, in depression and lulled into a flase sense of security by a fantastic public speaker, who made a shed load of promises he had no intention of keeping, and a shed load of others that he expressed in a vastly different way to what the people thought. You can understand why that country, and the rest of Europe who received first hand the consequences are less patriotic then yourselves...they know where it can lead under the wrong circumstances

cant say I'm pleased by the nature of this thread...the big Obama poster next to the flag, the children addressing a Human rather then an inanimate object to pledge their alligience to. You know, when your cities have either been raised to the ground by an invasion, or been razed by nights of bombing raids, you would understand the caution the rest of the world has over such things as Nationalism of another country...you didnt like it when the Soviets went Nationalistic did you...at least they werent your next door geographical neighbours...

2) Your flag is an object. Its whats known as a symbolic token, a token is a signpost that points to something other then itself. In your case the deals....which I hasten to add, different Americans will view differently. The flag in itself has no meaning, but the meaning you put in it. This is the same with any physical token, the reason being we can look at the same flag and have it represent different things. Ergo the flag itself carries no meaning, we project the meaning onto it. Even it the author creates it with a meaning, those meanings can be perverted through time

3) your flag came with a little ettiquette guide as to what to do and what not to do. You are NOT supposed to use your flag as an item of clothing. But then you are not supposed to stick stuff to it either, like I have. Shockingly, you must not throw away tatty ones, you have to burn them in a ritual ceremony.

4) I dont have a problem with that, until you either decide to make the world in your image, or to shun other nations that do not adhere to that. Patriotism is fine...but Nationalism is taking that love and imposing it on others or judging others by that standard. As soon as you act on the feeling that you are superior or better, then you move from Patriotism into Nationalism...and you've got to be VERY careful when you do that outside of your own soverignty. The United States of America..does not equate to anything beyond those fifty states and its realms and territories...others may not thank you for helping them, nor like you for judgeing them.

Personally, I love Americans, and I do believe that America has got it right. I do believe that its the last true Vestige of Christondom outside of Rome, I do believe that Americans and everything in America is bigger and better. I love them because they still believe in something that is sacred. Whilst the rest of the world abandoned that. TRUE post-Modernity hasnt really settled into America yet. Thats a GOOD thing. American hospitality is like nothing else on Earth, and whilst culturally confident, Americans when understood properly arent arrogant, they just have an amazing pool of confidence, self believef and ideology. But I am unusual to think this where I come from. :unsure-1: People have in the past told me I show positive racisim towards Americans...:unsure-1: but honnest to GOD, I aint making it up, in my experience Americans are bigger and better, and in my experience things in America are larger...I prooved this when I bought a bottle of cola in the US to find it had a LARGER amount of cola in it :w00t:

rockdawg21
02-09-2009, 02:19 AM
Just incase, anybody is curious:

Honor the Texas flag; I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas, one state under God, one and indivisible.
The "one state under God" was added June 15, 2007.

It's kinda funny. In Missouri, we just said the Pledge of Allegiance to the U.S. flag then went on with our business. I sell library books to public schools and the first time I was in a school during the POA, I sat down afterward, then realized everybody was standing saying the POA to the TX state flag as well. They also have a "moment of silence" after these as well. Some moments of silence are observed for a few seconds, other schools for even a minute, some people just sit down, lol

NateR
02-09-2009, 02:37 AM

It's kinda funny. In Missouri, we just said the Pledge of Allegiance to the U.S. flag then went on with our business. I sell library books to public schools and the first time I was in a school during the POA, I sat down afterward, then realized everybody was standing saying the POA to the TX state flag as well. They also have a "moment of silence" after these as well. Some moments of silence are observed for a few seconds, other schools for even a minute, some people just sit down, lol

Well, Texas is the only state that was actually a country before becoming a state. It's also the only state that is allowed to leave the Union anytime it wants. I believe that's actually written into the TX state constitution, but I've never read it myself.

rockdawg21
02-09-2009, 02:40 AM
Well, Texas is the only state that was actually a country before becoming a state. It's also the only state that is allowed to leave the Union anytime it wants. I believe that's actually written into the TX state constitution, but I've never read it myself.
That's correct. In fact, there are groups dedicated to making TX a sole Republic again. If it happens while I'm here, I'll be a dual citizen, then when I get married in the Philippines, I'll have tri-citizenship ;)

Also, TX has it in their Constitution to be able to split into 5 separate states even if it is still a part of the U.S. So, if that happened, we'd have to create a new U.S. flag.

Oh, and that whole "Everything's bigger in Texas" isn't true. The only truth to that is egos are much bigger. :rotfl:

Spiritwalker
02-09-2009, 02:51 AM

Oh. Wow!

I did not know that.. Thanks Nate!!!

http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/SOTWDocs/CN/htm/CN.1.htm

Tyburn
02-09-2009, 09:59 AM

Wasnt Texas independant, I mean truely independant at one point in time, isnt it the only State with a "get out" clause of the Federation? I mean in essence it could go solo legitamtely could it not?

Tyburn
02-09-2009, 10:09 AM
:rolleyes: Wish I'd read this before asking the same thing as a question :laugh:

As I understand it, thats correct. The State of Texas, without any ammendments to the law, could declaire itself independant at anytime. If I was a Federation law maker, I'd be looking to try and change that because this is generally what happens with Unions like yours....if one decides to leave, all the others start getting ideas aswell...thats not good.

If Texas were to vastly dissagree with the rest of the Union, leave, and make it solo...you'd start having others wanting to ammend their constitution to give them the same rights...then you'd have huge problems Geographically...because say Iowa wanted to follow...well if it did declaire independance...it would be completely surrounded by the United State in Geography, no proper boarder with anything neutral...and if the United States had bad feelings over the departure, it wouldnt take them long to isolate and sanction Iowa

However...if you had a state which had a boarder with Texas, A state that had a boarder with Canada, or a Seaboard State...You could see that it would not be quite so easy for the United States to recapture a renagade. The Sea is completely neutral, The Northern States could appeal directly for support from Canada, and possibly Fance...and the Southern States could appeal to Texas.

So...its not a good idea for Texas to gain independance...I think it would ultimately cause the civil collapse of your Union...the other obvious State which would wish to return Solo and propbably could due to Geography, would be Hawaii which had a Monarchy and for much of its vast History was solo or part of Polynesia...they would just slip away into the night...before you know it...you'd be left with Washington D.C on its own...what a dramatically terrifying thought.

So...I dont know how I would feel if I was a Federation person and I saw that people in Texas give their oath to a State Flag rather then a Union flag...I might be concerned, I might wish to remove that ability from their constituion aswell...because its wholly AGAINST that "indivisible" word now isnt it. :laugh:

Pray that I never become President :laugh:

Jonlion
02-09-2009, 10:47 AM
I think the clause that allows Texas to leave is now just part of their history and heritage, the'll never leave the union, i am certain of that!

But their whole independance is built of the fact they alone fought off the Mexicans and that at the Alamo?! Not 100% but i think thats why they are a very proud of their state and independance.

I know that Texas and Britain were on very good terms, they even had a embassy over here in London and we gave them support. The embassy is now a wonderful eaterie!

http://www.texasembassy.com/

But anyway, they betrayed us and joined the Union!!!!!! :wink:

Those Texans also boast a wonderful saying that i am adopting for myself.

"Go big or go home"

Im feeling that!

Jonlion
02-09-2009, 10:48 AM
This explains better!

The building now housing the Texas Embassy is the former home of the famous White Star shipping line, owners of the Titanic. When the Titanic sank it was to this very building friends and relatives came to view the lists of survivors. An actual black and white photo of this time is hanging on the wall to the right of the main exit from the Cantina.
But our story really begins back in the early 1800's, in a vast and lawless wilderness ruled by Mexico. Bold Americans and Europeans settled the land and called their home TEXAS.
In 1836 Texans demanded their freedom, Mexico refused. The two sides met at the battle of the Alamo, where less than 200 brave Texans held off 4,000 Mexican soldiers for 13 days. Finally the Alamo fell, but soon after General Sam Houston led an army of highly outnmbered but determined Texans on a surprise attack. Screaming "remember the Alamo!" the Texans routed the Mexicans at the Battle of San Jacinto and on April 21st 1836 secured Texas's independence.
Today a lot of Texans consider their state a country, but from 1836 to 1845 it actually was a country called The Republic of Texas and Ge. Sam Houston was its President. The Republic set up an Embassy right here in London. It currently is the Berry Brothers wine store on St James Street. A plaque still marks the spot where boisterous Texans and the reserved British struck up an unlikely friendship that continues to this day.
After independence came and tempers cooled along the Texas - Mexico border, cowboys and ranchers on both sides discovered some tasty foods around each other's campfires using Mexican staples like tortillas, jalapeńos, beans, chicken and fresh vegetables. The result is what we call "Tex-Mex", a mix of the best from both sides of the border.
Back at the Embassy, England made a generous offer to defend Texas and help her remain independent forever.But events in America took over, and the first Texas Embassy closed in 1845 when Texas joined the United States. Now, 150 years later, the Texas Embassy is back with a border Cantina and some great Tex-Mex food.

Tyburn
02-09-2009, 12:20 PM
But anyway, they betrayed us and joined the Union!!!!!! :wink:
!

Traitors :angry:

Tyburn
02-09-2009, 12:24 PM
This explains better!

The building now housing the Texas Embassy is the former home of the famous White Star shipping line, owners of the Titanic. When the Titanic sank it was to this very building friends and relatives came to view the lists of survivors. An actual black and white photo of this time is hanging on the wall to the right of the main exit from the Cantina.
But our story really begins back in the early 1800's, in a vast and lawless wilderness ruled by Mexico. Bold Americans and Europeans settled the land and called their home TEXAS.
In 1836 Texans demanded their freedom, Mexico refused. The two sides met at the battle of the Alamo, where less than 200 brave Texans held off 4,000 Mexican soldiers for 13 days. Finally the Alamo fell, but soon after General Sam Houston led an army of highly outnmbered but determined Texans on a surprise attack. Screaming "remember the Alamo!" the Texans routed the Mexicans at the Battle of San Jacinto and on April 21st 1836 secured Texas's independence.
Today a lot of Texans consider their state a country, but from 1836 to 1845 it actually was a country called The Republic of Texas and Ge. Sam Houston was its President. The Republic set up an Embassy right here in London. It currently is the Berry Brothers wine store on St James Street. A plaque still marks the spot where boisterous Texans and the reserved British struck up an unlikely friendship that continues to this day.
After independence came and tempers cooled along the Texas - Mexico border, cowboys and ranchers on both sides discovered some tasty foods around each other's campfires using Mexican staples like tortillas, jalapeńos, beans, chicken and fresh vegetables. The result is what we call "Tex-Mex", a mix of the best from both sides of the border.
Back at the Embassy, England made a generous offer to defend Texas and help her remain independent forever.But events in America took over, and the first Texas Embassy closed in 1845 when Texas joined the United States. Now, 150 years later, the Texas Embassy is back with a border Cantina and some great Tex-Mex food.
:laugh:

"have your freedom forever, or we'll turn your embassy into a giant Resturant :punch:

okay...Resturant it is then :ninja:

:)

Neezar
02-10-2009, 10:58 AM
If Texas were to vastly dissagree with the rest of the Union, leave, and make it solo...you'd start having others wanting to ammend their constitution to give them the same rights...then you'd have huge problems Geographically...because say Iowa wanted to follow...well if it did declaire independance...it would be completely surrounded by the United State in Geography, no proper boarder with anything neutral...and if the United States had bad feelings over the departure, it wouldnt take them long to isolate and sanction Iowa

However...if you had a state which had a boarder with Texas, A state that had a boarder with Canada, or a Seaboard State...You could see that it would not be quite so easy for the United States to recapture a renagade. The Sea is completely neutral, The Northern States could appeal directly for support from Canada, and possibly Fance...and the Southern States could appeal to Texas.

I doubt any states would leave and appeal to Canada or France, etc. I doubt they would give them millions & billions of dollars for golf courses and tennis courts. :irked: We are bribing them to stay. :laugh:

Tyburn
02-10-2009, 12:26 PM
I doubt any states would leave and appeal to Canada or France, etc. I doubt they would give them millions & billions of dollars for golf courses and tennis courts. :irked: We are bribing them to stay. :laugh:
if thats what it takes :ninja:

:laugh: