PDA

View Full Version : Feeling kind of down lately..

Crisco
09-02-2009, 07:04 PM
What are some versus that you guys like to raise your spirits up a bit?

Dealing with some inner demons and could use some cheering up...

:cool:

Chris F
09-02-2009, 07:34 PM
A lot of the Psalms were written when David was at his lowest point in life and many of them you can hear the victory he finds in God. I'd just start reading a few of them a day. Also I read a chapter of proverbs a day and try to highlight any emotion I feel that day. What I have found it Gods timing is amazing and I just happen to get exactly what I need to hear.

Crisco
09-02-2009, 07:40 PM
A lot of the Psalms were written when David was at his lowest point in life and many of them you can hear the victory he finds in God. I'd just start reading a few of them a day. Also I read a chapter of proverbs a day and try to highlight any emotion I feel that day. What I have found it Gods timing is amazing and I just happen to get exactly what I need to hear.

Thanks I will.

eric84
09-02-2009, 09:46 PM
Philip. 4: 13
John 16: 33
1 Cor. 10:13

These are some favorites of mine in times of trials.

Crisco
09-02-2009, 09:51 PM
1 Corinthians 10:13
No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.

Right there brother. That did it. Thank you :).

Chris F
09-02-2009, 11:39 PM
Philip. 4: 13
John 16: 33
1 Cor. 10:13

These are some favorites of mine in times of trials.

Those are some great ones Eric. I used them in a book I wrote to help those going through cancer and their caregivers. Excellent choices!!!

Bonnie
09-03-2009, 03:08 AM
Hope your feeling better, Chris. I agree with Chris F. that Proverbs and Psalms are two great places in the Bible God has given to uplift us with words of wisdom that are timeless. I was reading through Proverbs and came across this:

Proverbs 20:27 - "The spirit of a man is the lamp of the Lord. Searching all the inner depths of his heart." :)

County Mike
09-03-2009, 11:47 AM
My favorite is

"Suck it up you sissy!"

Kidding. Hope everything's OK.

cubsfan47
09-03-2009, 01:22 PM
I have battled depression for several years. I finally talked to my doctor about it. Mine is not so transitory as yours may be. So I take this pill everyday which has made a big difference. But meds can't do everything. Prayer, meditation and the fellowship of believers has also helped. So you came to the right place to ask for guidance. This place has helped me too for which I am grateful.

Thanks everybody.

And an occasional friendly kick in the ass like County Mike just gave is also good. It helps fight the tendency toward self pity which is the real enemy.

County Mike you gave me a laugh; a good way to start the day. Thanks.:)

Llamafighter
09-03-2009, 01:30 PM
Let me know if you need anything, bro!

Crisco
09-03-2009, 04:30 PM
My favorite is

"Suck it up you sissy!"

Kidding. Hope everything's OK.

Thank you Mike for reminding me that manliness is key.

I gave myself the old "Sac up and stop being a bitch"

and I'm much better now.

Thank you everyone for your support :cool:

County Mike
09-03-2009, 07:54 PM
Thank you Mike for reminding me that manliness is key.

Don't mention it. :)

Tyburn
09-06-2009, 11:30 AM
Psalm 130 :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWlpm8-y58A

I hope this cheers you up :)

"Out of the Depths I have Cried to Thee O Lord
Lord Hear my Voice
Let thine Ear be Attentive to the Voice of my Supplication"

angelb
09-16-2009, 07:48 AM
Isaiah 26 v 3 and 4