PDA

View Full Version : OK.. here it is...

Spiritwalker
02-06-2009, 01:42 AM
If I get banned, a smack down or whatever.. here it is...

I have been reading this CRAP that Matt's fans have been saying for 3 days now. And I am SICK of it.

Coming on to Matt's site, Matt's forum and taking a crap, spinning his words and making speculations on a VERY BASIC statement is utterly STUPID.

I知 not saying GSP did something wrong and I知 not saying that it would have changed any outcomes of any fights; but what I am saying is, for my last two fights against Georges, he felt greasy.

Matt didn't accuse GSP of cheating.. or that it changed any outcome. Matt was nothing but gracious in his recent fights. He has been nothing magnanimous to GSP.

To read that so many "fans" want to bash on him just makes me want to puke!

Matt pays for this site... yet you people whine for nothing.. Matt GIVES stuff away.. yet you bash him, Matt allow you "fans" more access to his private life than any other UFC fighter that know of, yet you accuse him of being "jealous".

Did Matt go to some sports website.. complain to the UFC, contact the media of some type?? NO, he mentioned it on his blog.. yet you rip into him.. all of you fair weather "fans", suck!

I take want many of you are doing in the same vein as coming into my home, my dojo, and trashing me...

Matt may be too busy to be concerned with "fans" like you.. he may be a better person by not responding to you... But I am not.. maybe some of you that think your fans.. but have no problem saying crap like "Matt's just jealous" should maybe consider why your here..

atomdanger
02-06-2009, 01:44 AM
I am way confused, who is this meant to be directed at?

matthughesfan21
02-06-2009, 01:45 AM
ROCK ON, how would you get banned for that, you are reiterating what the authority is saying

Spiritwalker
02-06-2009, 01:54 AM
I am way confused, who is this meant to be directed at?

They know who they are.. and some of the names.. I was REALLY shocked by.. long standing forum members.. some that were her before me on the old site..

it's just really disheartening..

VCURamFan
02-06-2009, 02:05 AM

I have been reading this CRAP that Matt's fans have been saying for 3 days now. And I am SICK of it.

Coming on to Matt's site, Matt's forum and taking a crap, spinning his words and making speculations on a VERY BASIC statement is utterly STUPID.

I知 not saying GSP did something wrong and I知 not saying that it would have changed any outcomes of any fights; but what I am saying is, for my last two fights against Georges, he felt greasy.

Matt didn't accuse GSP of cheating.. or that it changed any outcome. Matt was nothing but gracious in his recent fights. He has been nothing magnanimous to GSP.

Matt pays for this site... yet you people whine for nothing.. Matt GIVES stuff away.. yet you bash him, Matt allow you "fans" more access to his private life than any other UFC fighter that know of, yet you accuse him of being "jealous".

Did Matt go to some sports website.. complain to the UFC, contact the media of some type?? NO, he mentioned it on his blog.. yet you rip into him.. all of you fair weather "fans", suck!

I take want many of you are doing in the same vein as coming into my home, my dojo, and trashing me...

Matt may be too busy to be concerned with "fans" like you.. he may be a better person by not responding to you... But I am not.. maybe some of you that think your fans.. but have no problem saying crap like "Matt's just jealous" should maybe consider why your here..Dave, this entire post is sig-worthy. I can't fit all of it in there, but I'll put in as much as I can.

WAR SPIRIT!!!!

NateR
02-06-2009, 02:38 AM

I’m not saying GSP did something wrong and I’m not saying that it would have changed any outcomes of any fights; but what I am saying is, for my last two fights against Georges, he felt greasy.

Matt may be too busy to be concerned with "fans" like you.. he may be a better person by not responding to you... But I am not.. maybe some of you that think your fans.. but have no problem saying crap like "Matt's just jealous" should maybe consider why your here..

It's actually not a surprise from some of them. We've had this problem before and it's almost always when GSP comes into the picture.

GSP fans are a strange breed, you not only have to say that you like GSP, you have to say that he's the greatest UFC fighter ever, he's an expert at all aspects of MMA, and he's the future of the sport. If you don't, then you're just a hater who knows nothing about MMA. And if you're an MMA fighter or champion that doesn't think that GSP is the greatest MMA fighter to ever walk the earth, then you're just jealous or bitter because GSP is supposedly so much better than you.

These people are just crazy.

Mac
02-06-2009, 02:43 AM

Damn buddy , used both Barrels there didnt ya .

Well Done ha ha ha~~~:w00t: :laugh: :punch:

Spiritwalker
02-06-2009, 03:06 AM
It's actually not a surprise from some of them. We've had this problem before and it's almost always when GSP comes into the picture.

GSP fans are a strange breed, you not only have to say that you like GSP, you have to say that he's the greatest UFC fighter ever, he's an expert at all aspects of MMA, and he's the future of the sport. If you don't, then you're just a hater who knows nothing about MMA. And if you're an MMA fighter or champion that doesn't think that GSP is the greatest MMA fighter to ever walk the earth, then you're just jealous or bitter because GSP is supposedly so much better than you.

Just to keep things straight...Is GSP the heir to the Hughes throne?? I think so.. I think that GSP is a great fighter.. (please note I think Hughes is a great fighter.. compared to Rashad fighting great...)..

NateR
02-06-2009, 03:16 AM
Just to keep things straight...Is GSP the heir to the Hughes throne?? I think so.. I think that GSP is a great fighter.. (please note I think Hughes is a great fighter.. compared to Rashad fighting great...)..

I don't know if I believe GSP is the heir to Matt's throne right now. He might be the title holder at the moment, but I don't see him being a champion on the same level as Matt just yet.

MattHughesRocks
02-06-2009, 03:22 AM
I love GSP :unsure-1:

Spiritwalker
02-06-2009, 03:25 AM
I don't know if I believe GSP is the heir to Matt's throne right now. He might be the title holder at the moment, but I don't see him being a champion on the same level as Matt just yet.

Agreed.. but who else it even close to his skill set?

Koz? hardly...
Karo?? As much as I like him.. no freakin' way...

I don't see ANYONE.. in the UFC that can meet Matt Hughes in all areas.. personality.. being fan friendly.. and such.

While GSP may be a great fighter... yeah.. he is not of the caliber of Da Hughes.. as yet and if this turns out to be true.. he could win fifty more fights in a row.. and still not measure up.

NateR
02-06-2009, 03:26 AM
I love GSP :unsure-1:

Yeah, but you like Matt Hughes more. So you're not one of the loons.

ufcfan2
02-06-2009, 03:28 AM
Is GSP the future of the sport? Maybe,I'd say he's the man on the silver mountain in the 170division. Far as him being the heir to Matt not sure wait till he defends the title more twice.
I think every fighter has a set of 'rabid fans' who no matter what think the fighter is the shiznit and can do no wrong.Then theres the fans who are complete opposite and no matter what a fighter does if they dont like him hes always wrong and has excuses..
So, if u speak ur mind all the time ppl think ur a whiner(BJ),and someone who hardly says anything actually says something they get bashed as well...
Is BJ always a dick? I won't say all the time..Is Matt an Angel? I'm sure not always neither...Just ppls perception gets tainted easily by a few incidents or accusations made...Its best to try to shift thru the BS and keep an open mind before flinging insults and accusations...:unsure:

MMeh

I agree with this to a large degree (I also think for a lot of these statements, you could sub BJ for GSP and deal with the same problems from their fanbase). I've been very vocal in my support of GSP leading up to the Penn fight and in the "grease-gate" aftermath. However, I take what Matt Hughes said (my favorite all time fighter and the guy who got me into watching MMA) very seriously and believe ALL of it to be true (GSP felt greasy, my theory is it's from the massive - even compared to other fighters - amount of vaseline that is put on his FACE between rounds transferring over to other body parts/fighters in close quarters; I also take Matt at his word when he says he doesn't believe it changed the outcome of fights). The main things that have gotten me hot under the collar on this are the doping allegations (which absent hard evidence I don't believe are fair considering you could level them at virtually any top athlete) and the impugning of GSPs/Greg Jackson's respective characters (don't know either of them, but don't have any reason to doubt their veracity on this either, based on their respective pasts I believe they've earned the opportunity to be taken at their word). Agree with Spirt's post that anyone attacking Matt on this is nuts - if anything, what he said helps GSP considering if he felt like it he could have said he cheated and a lot of us (myself included) would have believed him/at the very least had serious questions of GSP/Jackson. Now let's all move past this and on to more important matters - I suggest the impending beating of Matt Serra :punch: War Hughes!

NateR

Koz? hardly...

I don't see ANYONE.. in the UFC that can meet Matt Hughes in all areas.. personality.. being fan friendly.. and such.

While GSP may be a great fighter... yeah.. he is not of the caliber of Da Hughes.. as yet and if this turns out to be true.. he could win fifty more fights in a row.. and still not measure up.

Well, there is more to being a champion than just winning fights.

MMeh
02-06-2009, 03:33 AM

Koz? hardly...

Nailed it again (you're on point in this thread, performance enhancing typing substances maybe :stirthepot: ). That's why I'm a Hughes fan - great fighter to be sure, but fighting is secondary to who he is as a man of God, husband, father, farmer (not my deal but us city boys appreciate the good food the heartland provides :wink: ), and many other areas we should all strive to be great in. There's lots of great athletes who fall apart when the game ends/are jerks off the field - Matt Hughes is not one of those guys, and it's appreciated to be sure

Hughes_GOAT
02-06-2009, 03:39 AM

really crazy. just replace GSP with Fedor and then it makes sense.

NateR
02-06-2009, 03:41 AM
I guess I shouldn't say that all GSP fans are crazy. There are the ones that are reasonable people; but then there is that radical fringe out there that goes around from website to website trying to shout down anyone who doubts their GSP-god. And most of my frustration with GSP fans is not even based on anything that happens on this forum. Most of it is from the comments left on the blog that I've had to delete and emails that are sent to the webmaster inbox.

Those people take it way too far and even the worst "anti-Matt" posts I've found on this forum over the last couple of days are nothing compared to what idiots have tried to post on Matt's blog.

Again, loons and crazies.

Spiritwalker

Oh I SOOOOOO agree with you.. Matt Hughes is the prime example of "Champion" in my book.. hands down!

Hughes_GOAT
Yeah, but you like Matt Hughes more. So you're not one of the loons.
does she?:stirthepot:

Hughes_GOAT
02-06-2009, 03:42 AM
I guess I shouldn't say that all GSP fans are crazy. There are the ones that are reasonable people; but then there is that radical fringe out there that goes around from website to website trying to shout down anyone who doubts their GSP-god. And most of my frustration with GSP fans is not even based on anything that happens on this forum. Most of it is from the comments left on the blog that I've had to delete and emails that are sent to the webmaster inbox.

Those people take it way too far and even the worst "anti-Matt" posts I've found on this forum over the last couple of days are nothing compared to what idiots have tried to post on Matt's blog.

Again, loons and crazies.

don't worry, Fedor will drop to 170 and take out GSP :laugh:

Llamafighter
02-06-2009, 03:48 AM
WAR SPIRIT!!!!
I didn't see a lot of the bashing besides the quotes from GSP. Fair weather fans are the worst kind. There are enough real fans on here to regulate. plus we got mods that don't take any shyte!!
:punch: :punch:

We may disagree on a lot of topics on here, but we all agree that Matt Hughes is great!

Spiritwalker
02-06-2009, 03:57 AM
We may disagree on a lot of topics on here, but we all agree that Matt Hughes is great!

I didn't know we disagree...

it's cool.

TexasRN
02-06-2009, 04:19 AM

it's cool.

I think he meant overall as in general population of the forum disagreeing. But I could be wrong.

~Amy

NateR
02-06-2009, 04:31 AM

it's cool.

This reminds me of that episode of the Simpsons where Moe and Lisa have to work together and the conversartion starts like this:

MOE: Okay kid, I don't like you and you don't like me, but....
LISA: You don't like me? But I like you!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

rockdawg21
02-06-2009, 05:42 AM
Hey, did you guys know that Matt put in his blog that he felt GSP was greasy the last 2 times he fought him?

rockdawg21
02-06-2009, 05:52 AM
That's right! Like being a coach on TUF :Whistle:

NateR
02-06-2009, 06:15 AM
That's right! Like being a coach on TUF :Whistle:

Twice even (four times if you count his stints as a guest coast on seasons 4 and 6). :spin:

que
02-06-2009, 06:38 AM
the thing about GSP fans is that they think he has already surpassed hughes as the greatest WW ever. most of them don't even remember hughes and what he did, and they don't care

Maldonado136
02-06-2009, 06:47 AM
the only thing that bugs me on here is the whole HGH thing. i mean there is video footage of phil nurse screwing everything up but the HGH thing just kinda comes out of nowhere. but its not a huge deal im just sayin. and btw the smileys on here rule!! this is the only site where ive seen a puking smiley :sick: haha

Maldonado136
02-06-2009, 06:53 AM
btw i am a hardcore hughes fan (obviously) and gsp fan and i am most certainly not crazy!! theres always gonna be weird fans out there who take things to an extreme. people just have to take a deep breath and use common sense and analyze situations to form a valid opinion rather than just saying crazy things or making rude insults towards fighters.

Maldonado136
02-06-2009, 06:58 AM
the thing about GSP fans is that they think he has already surpassed hughes as the greatest WW ever. most of them don't even remember hughes and what he did, and they don't care

that is pretty lame and it's like that with a lot of fighters. it goes with the saying youre only as good as youre last fight. a fighter can dominate and have 10 convincing wins in a row and then he loses and all of the sudden he was "overrated". In this case its the other way around where a fighter gets some really good wins and he becomes the greatest fighter who ever lived.

Jonlion
02-06-2009, 07:58 AM
Missed all of this, there has been so many topics and posts on the matter, my mind has turned to mush!

Who Cares!

atomdanger
02-06-2009, 08:26 AM
I am still not "sold" on GSP.

I still think he has a weak mental game, he admits he has to see a therapist,
and obviously has problems sometimes with it.

I also don't think he is all that great, of his two title shots thus far one was a decision and the other was almost a decision, he doesn't have finishing power it seems at 170 since getting the title and i feel like his biggest weapons are just being big and strong, and that just isn't enough.

sasquatch
02-06-2009, 08:44 AM
I can't believe you didn't get banned for this post!:angry:

:tongue0011:

NateR
02-06-2009, 09:01 AM

We've seen evidence of his mental weakness in the octagon. In his first fight against Matt Hughes he couldn't even look Matt in the eye, he was so intimidated. BJ clearly flustered him in their first fight and put him on the retreat, which he definitely doesn't seem to like. Then there is the first Matt Serra fight...

It's that mental weakness that makes me believe that he wouldn't have a problem cheating just to stack the odds in his favor.

Jonlion
02-06-2009, 12:35 PM
I am still not "sold" on GSP.

ha ha this comment just makes me think of the Soprano's where they are all questioning Tony becaus he is seeing a Therapist!

maxumII
02-06-2009, 04:59 PM

I think alot of that is due to the popularity of TUF. I'm sure the show brought in alot of new fans who know nothing of the past. The ones like Hughes who made the sport what it is today.

Spiritwalker
02-06-2009, 06:59 PM
What does that have to do with GSP?

GSP was only a "guest coach" for like 1 episode or something of The Ultimate Fighter 4

NateR
02-06-2009, 07:21 PM
What does that have to do with GSP?

GSP was only a "guest coach" for like 1 episode or something of The Ultimate Fighter 4

It's relevant because TUF brought in a wave of new fans who essentially didn't even know the UFC existed prior to the first episode of TUF1 in 2005. Matt was an established legend in the sport before The Ultimate Fighter even started. In fact, Matt had already made a name for himself in the sport even before his UFC debut. Which is why BJ Penn and GSP described Matt as their idol when they first fought him in 2004.

Those who became UFC fans in 2005, because of TUF, really don't understand exactly what guys like Matt have accomplished in the sport.

Even now, we still get people writing in to Matt's MySpace, asking why Matt's not in the UFC anymore, because they don't see him regularly on Spike like they used to. They don't seem to understand that TUF is just one aspect of the UFC which is just one organization in the greater sport of MMA. To them it's all TUF.

VCURamFan
02-06-2009, 07:29 PM
It's relevant because TUF brought in a wave of new fans who essentially didn't even know the UFC existed prior to the first episode of TUF1 in 2005. Matt was an established legend in the sport before The Ultimate Fighter even started. In fact, Matt had already made a name for himself in the sport even before his UFC debut. Which is why BJ Penn and GSP described Matt as their idol when they first fought him in 2004.

Those who became UFC fans in 2005, because of TUF, really don't understand exactly what guys like Matt have accomplished in the sport.

Even now, we still get people writing in to Matt's MySpace, asking why Matt's not in the UFC anymore, because they don't see him regularly on Spike like they used to. They don't seem to understand that TUF is just one aspect of the UFC which is just one organization in the greater sport of MMA. To them it's all TUF.It really is pretty sad. I was fortunate enough to join up here once the TUF fever hit me, so I was well educated. However, most of my contemporaries are idiot.

Spiritwalker
02-06-2009, 08:04 PM
It really is pretty sad. I was fortunate enough to join up here once the TUF fever hit me, so I was well educated. However, most of my contemporaries are idiot.

Agreed...

TUF worked in my home as Dana hoped.. My wife loved the show.. and the first PPV she watched with me was the Chuck/Horn fight..

I had been a fan for yers.. but now even my kids like to watch it with me.

atomdanger
02-06-2009, 08:24 PM
We've seen evidence of his mental weakness in the octagon. In his first fight against Matt Hughes he couldn't even look Matt in the eye, he was so intimidated. BJ clearly flustered him in their first fight and put him on the retreat, which he definitely doesn't seem to like. Then there is the first Matt Serra fight...

It's that mental weakness that makes me believe that he wouldn't have a problem cheating just to stack the odds in his favor.

You've got a good point actually I didn't think of that.

One person I have no reason to question is Matt Hughes,
and when Matt said he was greasy when they fought it really made me start questioning GSP.

Not that I liked him before, but I didn't question his integrity until now

CAVEMAN
02-06-2009, 10:01 PM
Is GSP a good fighter? YES! Is he Matt Hughes? NO!

I have to be honest when it comes to the greasy GSP thing. When Matt Serra and BJ complained about it, I thought to myself, no surprise, just their pride because neither of them are humble people. But when I found out that Hughes said the same thing, that changed things for me. Hughes has nothing left to prove. He will be the Greatest UFC WW of all time! So for some people to say that MH is jealous or is trying to take a feather out of GSP's cap, is JUST RIDICULOUS!

atomdanger
02-06-2009, 10:12 PM
Is GSP a good fighter? YES! Is he Matt Hughes? NO!

I have to be honest when it comes to the greasy GSP thing. When Matt Serra and BJ complained about it, I thought to myself, no surprise, just their pride because neither of them are humble people. But when I found out that Hughes said the same thing, that changed things for me. Hughes has nothing left to prove. He will be the Greatest UFC WW of all time! So for some people to say that MH is jealous or is trying to take a feather out of GSP's cap, is JUST RIDICULOUS!

I know, kind of makes me laugh, some Canadian guys on another forum I post on were saying that MH was jealous of GSP's success.
Kind of made me laugh seeing how he has a long way to go to even catch up with MH, let alone pass him.

cheachea
02-06-2009, 10:43 PM
Man, I hope Matt wins the title again so all these haters will just shut up already.

Chuck
02-07-2009, 05:41 PM
Is GSP the future of the sport? Maybe,I'd say he's the man on the silver mountain in the 170division. Far as him being the heir to Matt not sure wait till he defends the title more twice.
I think every fighter has a set of 'rabid fans' who no matter what think the fighter is the shiznit and can do no wrong.Then theres the fans who are complete opposite and no matter what a fighter does if they dont like him hes always wrong and has excuses..
So, if u speak ur mind all the time ppl think ur a whiner(BJ),and someone who hardly says anything actually says something they get bashed as well...
Is BJ always a dick? I won't say all the time..Is Matt an Angel? I'm sure not always neither...Just ppls perception gets tainted easily by a few incidents or accusations made...Its best to try to shift thru the BS and keep an open mind before flinging insults and accusations...:unsure:
Excellent post!