PDA

View Full Version : Dog Belonging to CEO of Richmond SPCA Dies After Being Left in Hot Car

MattHughesRocks
08-31-2009, 02:36 AM
Big OOOOPPPS! :scared0011:

RICHMOND, Va. A dog belonging to the CEO of the Richmond, Va., Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals died after accidentally being left alone for four hours in her hot car.

Robin Starr's husband Ed told the Richmond Times-Dispatch that he put the 16-year-old mutt named Louie, who was deaf and blind, into his wife's vehicle on Aug. 19 as she was getting ready for work. Starr often took the dog to the office with her.

But on that day, she arrived at work without realizing Louie was in the car. Several hours later, at about noon, she saw the dog when she went out for lunch.

She took her pet inside to the SPCA clinic and then to an emergency veterinary hospital, where he later died of kidney failure.

The National Weather Service says the temperature had reached 91 degrees by noon that day.

The board of the SPCA says it still supports Starr, who has been CEO since 1997 and does not plan to resign. It was unclear whether she would be charged.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,543180,00.html?loomia_ow=t0:s0:a16:g2:r1:c0 .159499:b27367346:z0

VCURamFan
08-31-2009, 06:10 AM
Big OOOOPPPS! :scared0011:

RICHMOND, Va. A dog belonging to the CEO of the Richmond, Va., Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals died after accidentally being left alone for four hours in her hot car.

Robin Starr's husband Ed told the Richmond Times-Dispatch that he put the 16-year-old mutt named Louie, who was deaf and blind, into his wife's vehicle on Aug. 19 as she was getting ready for work. Starr often took the dog to the office with her.

But on that day, she arrived at work without realizing Louie was in the car. Several hours later, at about noon, she saw the dog when she went out for lunch.

She took her pet inside to the SPCA clinic and then to an emergency veterinary hospital, where he later died of kidney failure.

The National Weather Service says the temperature had reached 91 degrees by noon that day.

The board of the SPCA says it still supports Starr, who has been CEO since 1997 and does not plan to resign. It was unclear whether she would be charged.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,543180,00.html?loomia_ow=t0:s0:a16:g2:r1:c0 .159499:b27367346:z0That's how we do!

Chuck
08-31-2009, 09:23 PM
I wonder how much less cruel this is then what Vick did? I don't know how much a dog that dies of heat stroke suffers but I can't imagine it a pleasant death.

And for the record I don't buy the story. I think the husband is lying to protect his wife.

Buzzard
08-31-2009, 09:43 PM
I wonder how much less cruel this is then what Vick did? I don't know how much a dog that dies of heat stroke suffers but I can't imagine it a pleasant death.

And for the record I don't buy the story. I think the husband is lying to protect his wife.

The thing with Vick is that he was engaging in a criminal enterprise where he purposely treated the animals in a cruel and inhumane manner and knew that his actions were illegal, and was profiting from it.

I don't believe that the actions of the wife and/or husband were intentional. I could be wrong though, it's happened many times before.

Either way, the dog is still dead and it most likely suffered a great deal.

Chuck
08-31-2009, 10:22 PM
The thing with Vick is that he was engaging in a criminal enterprise where he purposely treated the animals in a cruel and inhumane manner and knew that his actions were illegal, and was profiting from it.

I don't believe that the actions of the wife and/or husband were intentional. I could be wrong though, it's happened many times before.

Either way, the dog is still dead and it most likely suffered a great deal.

Oh I agree brother! I'm not comparing the actions of the two people. I don't feel the couple did anything intentional like Vick...

I was just wondering from the poor dogs perspective was the negligence of one any less cruel then the intentional acts of the other....

MattHughesRocks
09-01-2009, 01:47 AM
Sick as it sounds....I still can't stop laughing :laugh:

I don't know what the hell is wrong with me :ashamed:

Chuck
09-01-2009, 02:44 AM
Sick as it sounds....I still can't stop laughing :laugh:

I don't know what the hell is wrong with me :ashamed:

I LOL'd a little too! It reminds me of this story that happened about 10 minutes from my house. We swim near where this happened all the time... :blink:

http://www.abcactionnews.com/news/local/story/Rehabilitated-dolphin-dies-after-shark-attack/Os5uEUUiFU2NukbdnqiZXQ.cspx

MattHughesRocks
09-01-2009, 05:18 AM
So, they "saved" a dolphin then when they put it back to sea the shark got it? Is that what I reading?

I LOL'd a little too! It reminds me of this story that happened about 10 minutes from my house. We swim near where this happened all the time... :blink:

http://www.abcactionnews.com/news/local/story/Rehabilitated-dolphin-dies-after-shark-attack/Os5uEUUiFU2NukbdnqiZXQ.cspx

Chuck
09-01-2009, 01:51 PM
So, they "saved" a dolphin then when they put it back to sea the shark got it? Is that what I reading?

Yup.. they rehabbed him for MONTHS.... finally let him out and within hours... WHILE volunteers were watching.... he got attacked by a shark...

I guess it's not nice to fool with mother nature!!!!

MattHughesRocks
09-01-2009, 02:53 PM
I agree! I wished they'd spend their time and money on something that God didn't intend for to happen like poor kids or something.What a bunch of wasteful morons.Reminds me of these idiots at Berkley that spend 2 years living in a tree so they wouldn't cut it down.The second their feet hit the ground the tree got chopped down and those stupid people were sobbing like their mom's died. Mean while, there are homeless people laying all over the side walk :blink:

Anyway....yeah, don't get me started :laugh:

Yup.. they rehabbed him for MONTHS.... finally let him out and withing hours... WHILE volunteers were watching.... he got attacked by a shark...

I guess it's not nice to fool with mother nature!!!!

VCURamFan
09-01-2009, 04:53 PM
I agree! I wished they'd spend their time and money on something that God didn't intend for to happen like poor kids or something.What a bunch of wasteful morons.Reminds me of these idiots at Berkley that spend 2 years living in a tree so they wouldn't cut it down.The second their feet hit the ground the tree got chopped down and those stupid people were sobbing like their mom's died. Mean while, there are homeless people laying all over the side walk :blink:

Anyway....yeah, don't get me started :laugh:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWVyJ-YG3ew

Chuck
09-02-2009, 02:36 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWVyJ-YG3ew

One of my all time favorite videos ever... I nearly wet myself laughing every single time I watch it...

Makes me want to run out and buy a wood chipper :D

MattHughesRocks
09-02-2009, 03:17 AM
Sometimes suicide just seems right :huh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWVyJ-YG3ew

MattHughesRocks
09-02-2009, 03:18 AM
I think she's my neighbor :unsure-1:

:blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

One of my all time favorite videos ever... I nearly wet myself laughing every single time I watch it...

Makes me want to run out and buy a wood chipper :D

Crisco
09-02-2009, 01:41 PM
This thread is the definition of irony

billwilliams70
09-03-2009, 02:26 PM

Yikes!

Later.

que
09-03-2009, 03:05 PM

that's the first thing i thought when i read the article, too