PDA

View Full Version : Mayweather wants to be a Pro-Wrestler

rockdawg21
08-28-2009, 01:03 PM
What a jackass!

Mayweather's been talking **** on the UFC saying things like, "UFC ain't s---," Mayweather said. "It ain't but a fad. … These are guys who couldn't make it in boxing. So they do [mixed martial arts]. Boxing is the best sport in the world and it's here to stay", "anyone can put a tattoo on their head and get in a street fight." Yet, Mayweather thinks it'd be a great idea to jump into pro wrestling? :sign0094: :sign0090:

You can definitely tell it's all about money rather than challenging himself. Talk about proof. Jackass.
Of course, you can't fight forever, but this logic is just really really stupid to put it lightly.

http://www.examiner.com/x-13475-Pro-Wrestling-Examiner~y2009m8d28-Mayweather-Jr-I-want-to-be-a-ProWrestler
Mayweather Jr. 'I want to be a Pro-Wrestler'

After his WWE appearance, Floyd Mayweather Jr. says he wants to be a pro-wrestler. Floyd wants to crossover from Boxing to Pro-Wrestling. “I wanna move out of boxing and into Pro-Wrestling”..
Floyd has been a huge pro-wrestling fan since he was a kid. He says that it was “a dream come true” to work with the WWE.

He also says that the WWE brings him closer to his own kids because they remind Floyd of himself when he was a kid watching wrestlers like Jake Roberst, Junkyard Dog, Andre the Giant, and Hulk Hogan.

Floyd talks about how he is one of the best when it’s “lights, camera, action”..

Floyd finishes the interview by saying that he looks forward to being in a WWE ring soon and that he will become a WWE Superstar.

Analysis

You can look at these comments one of two ways.

A) Floyd is sincere and really wants to join the WWE to become a pro-wrestler
….. Or….
B) Floyd is just saying this to get pro-wrestling fans to like him, follow him, and buy his PPVs.

Either way, Floyd’s career is winding down in boxing. His drawing power has declined and there is really only one fighter left for him to face and that is Manny Pacquiao. It’s been well documented that Floyd’s upcoming fight has struggled in sales. His recent appearance on WWE really didn’t help him because he got into police trouble the morning of his the appearance. The WWE limited his exposure because of these troubles.

So, with the lights fading on Boxing perhaps Pro-Wrestling might just be the best forum for Mayweather JR to stay in the spotlight and make his “Money”…

Source: WWE.com

matthughesfan21
08-29-2009, 02:56 PM
speaking of the stupidity of this cocky punk

NEWSWIRE
Guns and ammo confiscated from Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s home
Las Vegas police are investigating alleged shooting incident; the boxer has not been named as a suspect.
Staff and wire reports

August 27, 2009 | 11:33 p.m.
Las Vegas police investigating a shooting outside a skating rink seized two handguns, ammunition and two bulletproof vests from the home of boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr. and two cars.

One of the alleged victims in the shooting incident told investigators that the six-time champion threatened him 10 minutes before another man shot at his car from the rink's parking lot as they drove away Sunday night, according to search warrant documents obtained by the Associated Press on Thursday.

No one was hurt in the shooting. Mayweather has not been named as a suspect, and a man police are seeking has not been arrested, police Sgt. John Loretto said.

rockdawg21
08-30-2009, 12:00 AM
Yeah, typical Mayweather family legacy. Great boxers, assholes/thugs outside of the ring.

Crisco
08-31-2009, 05:49 PM
This is perfect for him...

Now he doesnt just get to pick his opponents to make sure he doesnt lose he can actually have it in the script!

rearnakedchoke
08-31-2009, 07:26 PM
He better not get what he wishes for .. i am sure a lot of wrestlers wouldn't mind being stiff with him knowing that he is probably getting paid way more than him ...

J.B.
09-05-2009, 12:50 AM
Rock, if Floyd came out and donated a million dollars to a charity for children, you would find a way to twist it. You just don't like the guy. I have not even been around the forum in a while, and I am the only one around here that gives Floyd any credit, so it's funny to come back and see you still harping on the guy for every little thing that he says and does. Every time somebody says something negative about MMA, people get their panties in a ruffle, but those same fans lap it up like dogs when Dana White talks crap about Boxing. Floyd is a hype machine, just like Dana White, just like Brock Lesnar, just like Muhammad Ali. Quit whining about it and enjoy the sport. Personalities are part of what makes fights good and interesting to watch, and there is always going to be a guy who pushes buttons, and talks a little extra trash. You gotta be able to look deeper than that, and not be a meathead fan. You don't have to like the guy, but be fair about it. You still have yet compare lists with me on who has beaten better competition between Floyd and Pac, and you wont, because you know who has the better record. As a fan, I can't wait for Floyd and Pac to fight, and it will happen.

If Floyd wants to get into pro-wrestling, why do you care? Why does it have to be about a challenge and not about money? Do you have a problem with people wanting to make money? Floyd said he is a huge fan, and he has already worked with WWE in the past, it just makes sense. You can't take that for what it's worth? It just has to be about money, because it's ever so evil Floyd Mayweather Jr, right? I think it would actually be perfect for him. He has the charisma to do it, and he is in great shape.

As far as the gun incident, there is only one thing that we know to be a FACT, and that is that PBF is not a suspect in any crime. We don't really know anything else.

rockdawg21
09-05-2009, 01:27 AM
I'm simply pointing out his hypocrisy, if you don't like it, don't respond. I don't mind that he wants to get into pro-wrestling, but he'd look like a midget out there :laugh:. The fact that he's calling the UFC a "beer drinker's" sport, then saying the WWE would be great to join, shows that he just loves blowing smoke up peoples' asses. He talks ****, Dana offers him a fight, then he retracts. Now, he's back and talking **** again, but he won't back it up, because, like Dana said, "He'd get his ****ing head ripped off!" Yeah, he's hyping the fight, but tickets are still available, the MGM Grand still has rooms and the fight is only 2 weeks away, the fight will be a huge bust, less than 200,000 buys for the self-proclaimed "PPV King".

J.B.
01-14-2010, 12:03 PM
I'm simply pointing out his hypocrisy, if you don't like it, don't respond. I don't mind that he wants to get into pro-wrestling, but he'd look like a midget out there :laugh:. The fact that he's calling the UFC a "beer drinker's" sport, then saying the WWE would be great to join, shows that he just loves blowing smoke up peoples' asses. He talks ****, Dana offers him a fight, then he retracts. Now, he's back and talking **** again, but he won't back it up, because, like Dana said, "He'd get his ****ing head ripped off!" Yeah, he's hyping the fight, but tickets are still available, the MGM Grand still has rooms and the fight is only 2 weeks away, the fight will be a huge bust, less than 200,000 buys for the self-proclaimed "PPV King".

I forgot about this thread. I bet you thought for a minute I might not actually respond :laugh:

Now I get the benefit of having 4 months of extra knowledge :Whistle:

So, the shooting thing was proven to be a bunch of bullcrap. :wink:

"blowing smoke up people's asses" :laugh: that's classic!

Of course he does to a certain degree, but that is how it works. Floyd has said a lot of different crap over the years, but so has every fighter. Once they reach the HOF or ATG status, they begin to embrace their legacy and revel in their success. Being a good hype man is part of the business, and Dana White challenging any Boxers to fight in the UFC is as much hype as Floyd saying MMA is just a fad. Now, if Dana was serious about seeing a Boxer come in and fight, why has he snubbed James Toney? Why go after Floyd, one of the biggest draws in boxing, but then turn down another Boxer who talked even more trash? Even Dana don't believe his own bulls**t when he was telling everybody that nobody would buy Mayweather's fight. That's exactly why he wanted to try and bait him in.

Now, onto your last point. I don't think I need to point out once again how horribly wrong you were. I know you know it, and you know I know it....but I will do it anyway...

Mayweather vs Marquez did over 1 million PPV buys :tongue0011:

rockdawg21
01-15-2010, 12:01 AM
LOL, yup, I'm wrong, go have a beer and celebrate :happy0159:

J.B.
01-15-2010, 12:03 AM
LOL, yup, I'm wrong, go have a beer and celebrate :happy0159:

:laugh:

The beer I can do, but celebrating won't be a part of it :wink:

Actually, I was just skimming through the old threads and I noticed I never responded to that post. I thought it would be interesting to do it now since we all have a different perspective.