PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Quotes

rearnakedchoke
02-05-2009, 08:30 PM
I know this was a thread in the old forums, and I couldn't find it around here ...If there is one, please delete.

Here is a memorable quote that I do really like ... It is a thinking person's quote ...

"There are known knowns. There are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we now know we donít know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we do not know we donít know."
Donald Rumsfeld

hizo64
02-05-2009, 08:50 PM
Oooo thats a good one, kinda like a mini tongue twister, check my sigs for my favs!

rockdawg21
02-05-2009, 09:10 PM
Do unto others before they do unto you. - Unknown
If you ain't first, you're last. - Ricky Bobby

internationalharvester
02-05-2009, 09:36 PM
by my buddy Jordan : "i really want to call up Mac this weekend and see if he wants to go 'yote huntin, i just dont feel like sitting back and watchin him kill all of the damn things and us not get a shot off"

Irish Pride
02-05-2009, 10:10 PM
I know this was a thread in the old forums, and I couldn't find it around here ...If there is one, please delete.

Here is a memorable quote that I do really like ... It is a thinking person's quote ...

"There are known knowns. There are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we now know we donít know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we do not know we donít know."
Donald Rumsfeld

Be careful. I posted quotes like these and my thread got deleted.

rearnakedchoke
02-05-2009, 10:20 PM
Be careful. I posted quotes like these and my thread got deleted.

Huh??? .... don't get it .... did i post something wrong? Mods?

Primadawn
02-05-2009, 10:27 PM
If you start your next post out with " Im Rubber your glue" i give up.
Mac

TexasRN
02-06-2009, 12:18 AM
Huh??? .... don't get it .... did i post something wrong? Mods?

No, you didn't post anything wrong. Proceed with the topic. I think Irish Pride is talking about his GWB library thread I think and it was deleted (by Nate I think) for being a "slam the former President" thread.

~Amy

bradwright
02-06-2009, 12:36 AM
lets see now,,oh yeah it go's like this,,

We have a saying in tennessee er i mean Texas,although i'm sure they have sayings in Tennessee too,,any way,,you can fool me once shame on ,,er,,oh yeah shame on you,,but if you fool me twice,,shame,,er,,ah,,well you will ,,lets see,,geez,, oh yeah,,never fool me Again,,

not sure who actually said that,,somebody from Texas i suppose,,

Okay Nate,,back away from the guns,,

matthughesfan21
02-06-2009, 12:39 AM
If you start your next post out with " Im Rubber your glue" i give up.
Macdo you all remember the luke cummo coffee enema thread from the old forums, with Icemann?

The best part of waking up, is folgers in your butt!---Mac

Hey waitress, can I have a tall, frosty schooner of urine, and can you hook this hose up to the ole perk o matic and look away---Mac

TexasRN
02-06-2009, 12:45 AM
lets see now,,oh yeah it go's like this,,

We have a saying in tennessee er i mean Texas,although i'm sure they have sayings in Tennessee too,,any way,,you can fool me once shame on ,,er,,oh yeah shame on you,,but if you fool me twice,,shame,,er,,ah,,well you will ,,lets see,,geez,, oh yeah,,never fool me Again,,

not sure who actually said that,,somebody from Texas i suppose,,

Okay Nate,,back away from the guns,,

:blink:

~Amy

Oddtodd76
02-06-2009, 12:47 AM
do you all remember the luke cummo coffee enema thread from the old forums, with Icemann?

Hey waitress, can I have a tall, frosty schooner of urine, and can you hook this hose up to the ole perk o matic and look away---Mac
LOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!

medic92
02-06-2009, 01:30 AM
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even by prayer." -- Mark Twain

Oddtodd76
02-18-2009, 12:14 AM
"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.
You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."

~~ The late Dr. Adrian Rogers

VCURamFan
02-18-2009, 12:30 AM
"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

~~ The late Dr. Adrian RogersMan, I wish I could fit all of that into my sig! I'll have to pick the best part...

Josh
02-18-2009, 01:36 AM

Awesome.

Oddtodd76
02-18-2009, 01:52 AM
yeah...When i read that today, i knew exactly where i needed to post it!
That is a quote that the whole country needs to see!

County Mike
02-18-2009, 11:42 AM

Best one I've read in a long time. I wonder if Obama has read this.

VCURamFan
02-18-2009, 03:56 PM
Best one I've read in a long time. I wonder if Obama has read this.We all need to bombard him with this quote.

hizo64
02-18-2009, 08:56 PM
We all need to bombard him with this quote.

I third that, that there is an epic qoute.

Neezar
02-20-2009, 05:46 PM
do you all remember the luke cummo coffee enema thread from the old forums, with Icemann?

:laugh: I remember! I remember he had my sides hurting on that.

Neezar
02-20-2009, 05:50 PM
From Obama on the Stimulus bill

"If a federal agency proposes a project that will waste that money, I will not hesitate to call them out on it, and put a stop to it," he said. "I want everyone here to be on notice that if a local government does the same, I will call them out on it, and use the full power of my office and our administration to stop it."

Tyburn
02-22-2009, 09:55 AM
Do unto others before they do unto you. - Unknown

:laugh:

TheConcretekid
02-24-2009, 04:53 PM
Guess:

"You know, one of the hardest parts of my job is to connect Iraq to the war on terror." --interview with CBS News' Katie Couric, Sept. 6, 2006

"Oh, no, we're not going to have any casualties." --discussing the Iraq war with Christian Coalition founder Pat Robertson in 2003

"See, in my line of work you got to keep repeating things over and over and over again for the truth to sink in, to kind of catapult the propaganda." --Greece, N.Y., May 24, 2005

"This is an impressive crowd -- the haves and the have mores. Some people call you the elite -- I call you my base." --at the 2000 Al Smith dinner

"I don't think anybody anticipated the breach of the levees." --on "Good Morning America," Sept. 1, 2005, six days after repeated warnings from experts about the scope of damage expected from Hurricane Katrina

"Goodbye from the world's biggest polluter." --in parting words to world leaders at his final G-8 Summit, Rusutsu, Japan, July 10, 2008

"The most important thing is for us to find Osama bin Laden. It is our number one priority and we will not rest until we find him." --Washington, D.C., Sept. 13, 2001

"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority." --Washington, D.C., March 13, 2002

"So what?" ĖPresident Bush, responding to a an ABC News correspondent who pointed out that Al Qaeda wasn't a threat in Iraq until after the U.S. invaded, Dec. 14, 2008

"Major combat operations in Iraq have ended. In the battle of Iraq, the United States and our allies have prevailed." --speaking underneath a "Mission Accomplished" banner aboard the USS Abraham Lincoln, May 1, 2003

"We found the weapons of mass destruction. We found biological laboratories ... And we'll find more weapons as time goes on. But for those who say we haven't found the banned manufacturing devices or banned weapons, they're wrong, we found them." --Washington, D.C., May 30, 2003

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." --Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004

I have never seen such outright Obama bashing in my life than on these forums... its as if War Machine opened 10 accounts and he alone is posting these things, so if this post gets deleted, for whatever reasons... I'll probably just shake my head because theres nothing I can do about it.

Jessi
02-25-2009, 03:46 PM
Spitful words may hurt your feelings, but silence breaks your heart.

atomdanger
02-26-2009, 04:33 AM
Tim Sylvia
Quote: "Half of this game is 90% mental."

Ken Shamrock
Quote #1:"You got kicked. By a kick."
Quote #2: "I am very confident this fight can go either way."

Some favorite dumb quotes.