PDA

View Full Version : Inglorious Basterds

TexasRN
08-24-2009, 12:31 PM
I went and saw this last night. I loved it and will buy it on DVD when it comes out. It was definitely a Quentin Terentino movie and I don't always like his style but it worked for this one. It had some really funny moments and was quite odd. Loved it.

~Amy

Llamafighter
08-24-2009, 02:07 PM
I went and saw this last night. I loved it and will buy it on DVD when it comes out. It was definitely a Quentin Terentino movie and I don't always like his style but it worked for this one. It had some really funny moments and was quite odd. Loved it.

~Amy
I look forward to seeing it!

MattHughesRocks
08-24-2009, 03:25 PM
I think I'm going to see this one too....since it has you-know-who in it :wub:

VCURamFan
08-24-2009, 03:54 PM
I think I'm going to see this one too....since it has you-know-who in it :wub:Eli Roth?

I can't wait to see it, either, though I have to wait for my paycheck to come in on the 1st so I'm not $59 in the hole.:Whistle:

que
08-24-2009, 06:21 PM
just saw this last night and i liked it alot. i loved the music and it fit very well. the opening scene was very beautiful and really set the mood

MattHughesRocks
08-28-2009, 04:43 AM
Been there done that and liked it! :w00t:

I'm getting a little tired of Brad Pitt playing the dumb blonde though:blink:

Chuck
08-28-2009, 04:45 AM
Been there done that and liked it! :w00t:

I'm getting a little tired of Brad Pitt playing the dumb blonde though:blink:

Stealing all your roles????

MattHughesRocks
08-28-2009, 05:12 AM
:angry:

I miss roles like Seven Years In Tibet and A River Runs Through It.Not to mention Kalifornia :scared0011:

Stealing all your roles????

Tyburn
08-28-2009, 01:01 PM

~Amy
:laugh: I saw it to...I think there was an extreme subtlty in how the Pitt character was supposed to be akin to the German detective.

If you listen to the speech that Pitt gave when recruiting...and you listen to the German Detective talking to the guy who was hiding the Jews, there are many similarities. That I felt was the dramatic ironey of the film :ninja:

Its called Desensitization. That we assume the Nazi people lower down the heirachy were somehow monsters, and yet this band hunting Nazi were going about it in the same way as the Nazi band were hunting Jews, saying similar stuff about each other, degrading each other in the same way.

Very subtle, but extremely clever. Some very good female roles also :laugh:

bradwright
09-12-2009, 12:10 AM
:angry:

I miss roles like Seven Years In Tibet and A River Runs Through It.Not to mention Kalifornia :scared0011:

not that was a good movie...this one not so much.

MattHughesRocks
09-12-2009, 03:21 AM
I loved it.It was very "Little House On The Prairie" ish :)

not that was a good movie...this one not so much.

VCURamFan
05-12-2010, 04:29 AM
OK, sorry for reviving this thread (insert Batman/Robin pic here), but I just finally got around to watching this movie tonight with my buddy Alex & we LOVED it.

Scott, from now on, I have decided that when I read your post, I will do so in Lt. Aldo's voice. Also, every sentence will end with "Not-seize!" :punch:

TENNESSEAN
05-12-2010, 03:37 PM
OK, sorry for reviving this thread (insert Batman/Robin pic here), but I just finally got around to watching this movie tonight with my buddy Alex & we LOVED it.

Scott, from now on, I have decided that when I read your post, I will do so in Lt. Aldo's voice. Also, every sentence will end with "Not-seize!" :punch:
Ats da way we tawk down her.

VCURamFan
05-12-2010, 05:30 PM
Ats da way we tawk down her. Not-seize!
Fixed! :happydancing: