PDA

View Full Version : GI Joe Movie Review

Neezar
08-22-2009, 04:42 AM
Nate, did you ever give us your review on GI Joe? Anybody else see it?
Is it good? Can my boys watch it?

Vizion
08-22-2009, 04:45 AM
I'd say no if they are under 13.

The movie is "ok". If you like really terrible acting and bad dialogue, predicatble scenes, then yea, this is a GREAT movie.

If you like mindless action, yes, this movie is for YOU! :laugh:

Neezar
08-22-2009, 04:47 AM
I'd say no if they are under 13.

The movie is "ok". If you like really terrible acting and bad dialogue, predicatble scenes, then yea, this is a GREAT movie.

If you like mindless action, yes, this movie is for YOU! :laugh:

So in other words, it sucks. :laugh:

NateR
08-22-2009, 05:11 AM
I think the movie would be okay for young kids. There is no overt sex in it whatsoever, just some very minor sexual humor. The movie is pretty fast paced and should keep any kids attention for most of it.

I would give it a B-, not great, but not the horrible travesty that I was expecting it to be.

MattHughesRocks
08-22-2009, 06:06 AM
I'm holding out for when Matt Hughes plays GI Joe.

Bonnie
08-22-2009, 06:55 AM
I'm holding out for when Matt Hughes plays GI Joe.

Boomer is always saying how Matt should do movies. And, Matt has lots of guns and stuff. Plus, there's no dancing involved. :wink:

Vizion
08-24-2009, 04:14 AM
So in other words, it sucks. :laugh: Maybe I should have just said that instead - I will admit it was so bad that it provided much unintentional humour.

VCURamFan
08-24-2009, 05:29 AM
As an action movie, I was close enough to par that it wasn't a complete waste of money. As a movie based on a beloved pre-established story-line, it sucked.

***SPOILERS*** Here's the three biggest reasons why it sucked:

They decided that "GI JOE" stands for "Global Integrated Joint Operating Entity"
G.I. means "General Infantry" & Joe was just a generic term (like "Joe Sixpack"), and the entire point of naming the action figures (and later the show) G.I. Joe is the idea that the standard infantryman was a "The American Hero"
They had originally planned to have Joe HQ based in Belgium
Explain to me how the "Real American Hero" is based n a foreign country...
They ruined the classic Joe relationships: Duke/Scarlett & Baroness/Destro
It would have been one thing if they had decided to go Scarlett/Snake as opposed to Scarlett/Duke (at least there's precedent for that in the animated series), but instead they decided it'd be better to do Scarlett/Ripcord & Duke/Baroness. WTF!!!!
To explain this to the ladies reading, this would be like if Elizabeth ended up with Bingley & Darcy ended up with Lady de Bourgh

Vizion
08-26-2009, 02:01 AM
That guy who played Duke :yuck:

Remind me to never see "fighting" - he was terrible beyond words. He made Keanu Reeves look like sir Anthony Hopkins.

VCURamFan
08-26-2009, 04:17 AM
That guy who played Duke :yuck:

Remind me to never see "fighting" - he was terrible beyond words. He made Keanu Reeves look like sir Anthony Hopkins.Agreed. He's a terrible actor, I've honestly been shocked whenever people suggest him to play Matt. It's a terrible match-up. Sure, maybe he's buff & "pretty" (ex-stripper), but he is nothing like Matt & does not deserve to be associated with him.

que
08-26-2009, 05:00 AM
i can tell from the commercials that it is awful. no need to waste my money on it :ninja:

VCURamFan
08-26-2009, 06:23 AM
i can tell from the commercials that it is awful. no need to waste my money on it :ninja:Neither did I, I caught it streamed on Justin.tv!:laugh:

Neezar
12-08-2009, 11:08 AM
As an action movie, I was close enough to par that it wasn't a complete waste of money. As a movie based on a beloved pre-established story-line, it sucked.

***SPOILERS*** Here's the three biggest reasons why it sucked:

They decided that "GI JOE" stands for "Global Integrated Joint Operating Entity"

G.I. means "General Infantry" & Joe was just a generic term (like "Joe Sixpack"), and the entire point of naming the action figures (and later the show) G.I. Joe is the idea that the standard infantryman was a "The American Hero"

They had originally planned to have Joe HQ based in Belgium

Explain to me how the "Real American Hero" is based n a foreign country...

They ruined the classic Joe relationships: Duke/Scarlett & Baroness/Destro

It would have been one thing if they had decided to go Scarlett/Snake as opposed to Scarlett/Duke (at least there's precedent for that in the animated series), but instead they decided it'd be better to do Scarlett/Ripcord & Duke/Baroness. WTF!!!!
To explain this to the ladies reading, this would be like if Elizabeth ended up with Bingley & Darcy ended up with Lady de Bourgh

Nice, Ben. :cool:

I saw it last night and this info is interesting. I would have liked it better with Scarlett/Duke, I think.

Spiritwalker
12-08-2009, 01:22 PM
Matt Hughes as Duke.... :cool:

Here is an interesting take....

Cast the GI Joe team using MMA fighters...

VCURamFan
12-08-2009, 05:17 PM
Nice, Ben. :cool:

I saw it last night and this info is interesting. I would have liked it better with Scarlett/Duke, I think.

Glad I could help out!

(also, after seeing her painted green & in her bra & panties in Star Trek, I think Scarlett's hotter. :wink:)