PDA

View Full Version : Male or Female?

Play The Man
08-21-2009, 03:16 AM
A female runner accused of being a man tonight took gold in the 800m World Athletics Championship.

South African Caster Semenya, 18, had to take a gender test after doubts were raised about her sex.

But despite the furore, she easily took gold in the final in Berlin.

The teenage sensation has sparked controversy over her strikingly muscular physique.

Today officials at the world athletics body, the IAAF, revealed that it ordered her to take a gender test three weeks ago.

IAAF spokesman Nick Davies confirmed the tests were taking place, though he said the results would not be confirmed for several weeks.

Until the results are confirmed, there was nothing to prevent Semenya from competing in tonight's final, he said.

He added: 'At this moment in time we do not have any evidence to stop her running.'

South African athletics chiefs furiously denied the claims and stated Semenya was definitely female.

Molatelo Malehopo, general manager of Athletics South Africa, said: 'She is a female. We are completely sure about that and we wouldn't have entered her into the female competition if we had any doubts.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1207653/Womens-800m-gold-medal-favourite-Caster-Semenya-takes-gender-test-hours-World-Championship-race.html#ixzz0OmP9W1M2

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/08/19/article-1207653-0613853E000005DC-238_233x659.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/08/19/article-1207653-0617351B000005DC-165_468x324.jpg

MattHughesRocks
08-21-2009, 03:19 AM
Hey look, it's Cyborg's black sister :w00t:

(just kidding)

Bonnie
08-21-2009, 03:37 AM
:laugh:

She could pass for a guy. Let's ask the experts: Chuck and Mike are those boobs or just muscles? :unsure-1:

matthughesfan21
08-21-2009, 04:44 AM

She could pass for a guy. Let's ask the experts: Chuck and Mike are those boobs or just muscles? :unsure-1:

:laugh:what boobs, i sure as hell can't see any....thats a man, maybe post op, if that is truly a woman, she has been injected with ungodly amounts of testosterone

Bonnie
08-21-2009, 07:58 AM
what boobs, i sure as hell can't see any....thats a man, maybe post op, if that is truly a woman, she has been injected with ungodly amounts of testosterone

If that's the case, man or woman, it's not working downstairs. Or is that just to grow a beard and chest hair? :unsure-1:

County Mike
08-21-2009, 11:53 AM
http://i356.photobucket.com/albums/oo7/smallfri001/austin-powers.jpg
That's a man baby!

How the heck does it take weeks to determine if it's a man or woman? Penis/Vagina ?

Bonnie
08-21-2009, 12:36 PM
http://i356.photobucket.com/albums/oo7/smallfri001/austin-powers.jpg
That's a man baby!

How the heck does it take weeks to determine if it's a man or woman? Penis/Vagina ?

:laugh: That's what my husband said. Just peek!

matthughesfan21
08-21-2009, 03:07 PM
If that's the case, man or woman, it's not working downstairs. Or is that just to grow a beard and chest hair? :unsure-1:could have done the ole' tuck or tape

Twinsmama
08-21-2009, 04:15 PM
I read in one article they are making her have genetic tests to determine she has female DNA and part of her test include a gyno visit. you would think a gyno would be able to tell right away....

she does look very manly though. do they test for growth hormones and stuff on these runners?

TexasRN
08-21-2009, 04:36 PM
I read in one article they are making her have genetic tests to determine she has female DNA and part of her test include a gyno visit. you would think a gyno would be able to tell right away....

she does look very manly though. do they test for growth hormones and stuff on these runners?

You can't always tell from looking. There are several conditions with ambiguous genitalia. This person could have girl parts AND boy parts but the boy parts are hidden and almost completely undeveloped. Or this person could have all girl parts and still have XY chromosomes instead of XX. It's not unheard of.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swyer_syndrome (This kind of explains some of it.)

~Amy

County Mike
08-21-2009, 07:05 PM
I wish I had better photoshop skills. This could be a really fun thread.

sasquatch
08-22-2009, 04:22 AM
It sure doesn't look like a woman!:scared0011:

sender
08-22-2009, 07:27 AM
I dont mean to laugh... haha...

but wouldn't it be a bit insulting to a chick to have her test for being a chick hahahah...

On that same note... do you think any guy could ever live down competing in a girls sport haha if he wins hes only beating girls whats the big deal :wacko:

sasquatch
08-22-2009, 10:59 AM
I dont mean to laugh... haha...

but wouldn't it be a bit insulting to a chick to have her test for being a chick hahahah...

On that same note... do you think any guy could ever live down competing in a girls sport haha if he wins hes only beating girls whats the big deal :wacko:
She would be pretty pissed if she is a girl.:laugh:

County Mike
08-22-2009, 03:38 PM
She pees standing up.

Just saying.

Vizion
08-22-2009, 06:01 PM
Prominent Adam's apple, squared hips....hmmm..

how hard is it to fact check this??? she would have had to undergo a physcial exam yes?

Crisco
08-26-2009, 06:55 PM
Prominent Adam's apple, squared hips....hmmm..

how hard is it to fact check this??? she would have had to undergo a physcial exam yes?

You have to do tests to make sure she didn't recieve a sex change op.

Play The Man
09-10-2009, 09:20 PM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2631482/Runner-is-a-hermaphrodite.html

THE controversy over gender row champion runner Caster Semenya deepened today — after reports claimed sex swap tests have shown she is a HERMAPHRODITE.

South African gold-medallist Semenya, 18, has both male and female organs, it was claimed.

And sources close to the International Association of Athletics Federations — who ordered extensive tests on the teen after her amazing 800m win at the World Athletics Championships last month — say the results mean she could still be stripped of her medal.

Semenya is claimed to have NO womb or ovaries — and has internal testes, the male sexual organs which produce testosterone.

The row over Semenya's biology has caused huge divisions — with South African politicians calling slurs she is a man "racist and sexist." Her birth certificate has the teen listed as female and urine tests showed that, despite her having higher than average male hormone levels, they are within the official limits for a woman.

But an IAAF source was today quoted as saying: "There certainly is evidence now that Semenya is a hermaphrodite.

"But the trouble is the IAAF now have the whole ANC and the whole of South Africa on their backs.

"Everything is going to have to be done absolutely by the book, no question of a challenge to our findings.

"There's all sorts of scans you do. This is why it's complicated.

"In the past you used to do a gynaecological exam, blood test, chromosome test, whatever.

"That's why the findings were challenged, because it's not quite so simple.

"So what they do now is they do everything, and then they can say look, not only has she got this, she's got that and the other.

"The problem for us is to avoid it being an issue now which is very personal: of the organs being a hermaphrodite, of not being a 'real' woman.

"It's very dramatic."

IAAF spokesman Nick Davies was not immediately available to comment on the story.

The organisation confirmed this morning that it had received the test results back and was processing the data.

County Mike
09-10-2009, 09:24 PM
South African politicians calling slurs she is a man "racist and sexist."

Where do they get "racist" from?

Crisco
09-10-2009, 09:31 PM

She/he is black.

So it's racist. Duh Mike. Get with the times.

billwilliams70
09-10-2009, 09:33 PM
In the words of Cro Cop....'I don't know'.

Later.

rearnakedchoke
09-11-2009, 02:05 PM
Well, turns out she is a hermaphrodyte ... she has internal male testes ... they haven't stripped her for cheating and haven't yet decided what to do ....

Play The Man
09-19-2009, 06:24 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,552466,00.html

South Africa’s athletics authority carried out gender tests on the runner Caster Semenya before she traveled to Berlin last month, establishing that she had internal testes but withholding the findings.

According to e-mail exchanges published yesterday, officials at Athletics South Africa (ASA) were aware that a Pretoria clinic had found that Semenya had internal testes and produced abnormal amounts of testosterone for a woman. The matter was raised by Harold Adams, the ASA’s chief medical officer and team doctor, the Mail & Guardian newspaper reported.

Adams suggested that the ASA carry out tests on Semenya, 18, because of her deep voice, muscular body and facial hair in case her gender became a subject of controversy at the world championships. She went on to win gold in the 800 meters.

One advised Adams to begin his own gender tests on Semenya on August 5, ten days before the world championships. It appears that Semenya underwent the tests shortly thereafter.

However, before he had received the clinical report from the Pretoria clinic Adams appears to have suggested keeping the results confidential until the South African team were in Berlin, and only once there to consider what to do about “these issues if they come up.”

MattHughesRocks
09-20-2009, 06:32 AM
I don't know what to think of this.I feel sorry for he/she.How messed up :sad:

Play The Man
09-22-2009, 06:50 AM

I agree. It appears that the athlete was not aware of the condition and did not do anything to cheat; although, apparently, South Africa did know before the meet and didn't report it. All previous victories will likely be contested and the whole world knows the person's medical history. It is a sad situation.

Crisco
10-21-2009, 09:11 PM
Been no update on it for awhile... anyone know anything new?

Tyburn
10-25-2009, 04:02 AM
Well usually the way they decide the sex of a human with characteristics of both genders, is by saying which sex organs work. I presume the male organs she has dont actually work. Therefore the female probably do, ergo she has classed herself as a female and with genetics to support either...I presume XXY she is BOTH male AND Female. XX=female XY=male :laugh:

VCURamFan
10-25-2009, 02:50 PM
Well usually the way they decide the sex of a human with characteristics of both genders, is by saying which sex organs work. I presume the male organs she has dont actually work. Therefore the female probably do, ergo she has classed herself as a female and with genetics to support either...I presume XXY she is BOTH male AND Female. XX=female XY=male :laugh:
Actually, being XXY does not make you a hermaphrodite. Someone who is XXY is a male with Klinefelter's Syndrome. He has the primary sexual characteristics of a man (twig & berries), but the secondary sexual characteristics of a woman (hooters, wide hips, etc.).

Tyburn
10-25-2009, 02:55 PM
Actually, being XXY does not make you a hermaphrodite. Someone who is XXY is a male with Klinefelter's Syndrome. He has the primary sexual characteristics of a man (twig & berries), but the secondary sexual characteristics of a woman (hooters, wide hips, etc.).

so is it XXXY :huh:

Crisco
10-27-2009, 08:13 PM
That dudes a chick!

Miss Foxy
10-28-2009, 01:48 AM
I feel bad for her if she's a her. I guess theres someone out there for everybody right?! If she is female. I just really hope she is and the world can leave her alone. :unsure-1:

donaldbreland
10-28-2009, 06:37 AM

Better watch out for Jesse Jackson and the NAACP.

Spiritwalker
10-28-2009, 06:34 PM
That dudes a chick!

That chick is a dude!

VCURamFan
10-28-2009, 07:08 PM
That chick is a dude!
http://www.pmpnetwork.com/photos4/fixed/bevfrancis.jpg

KENTUCKYREDBONE
11-12-2009, 05:00 PM

Although I would like to have the Arm Development She has I do feel Sorry for her!