PDA

View Full Version : "Jackson's camp has to stop greasing" -Cesar Gracie

que
02-05-2009, 03:17 PM
and yet another professional from the MMA community speaks out about GSP greasing. this is getting crazy

A few years back Diego Sanchez had enough grease on him to lube up a semi. His corner was greasing him up so Nick wouldn't submit him. At the time the commission and public wasn't as hip as to how this could affect the outcome of a fight and they got away with it. Now those guys are acting like they didn't know what they were doing. Glad the truth is coming to light.

http://graciefighter.com/?page=forums&thread_id=5515&num_posts=13&add_view=set

NateR
02-05-2009, 03:47 PM
Does anyone know when exactly "greasing" became illegal in MMA? When I first heard Matt mention Georges' greasiness back in 2006, I didn't know that the practice was against the rules, because I had never heard of it before. It's starting to sound like a recent development.

Spiritwalker
02-05-2009, 03:51 PM
Looking over the unified MMA rules.. not a whole lot that is specific...

The Unified Rules are the de facto rules for mixed martial arts in the United States, and have been adopted by other promotions and jurisdictions worldwide.
Legal Techniques

The Unified Rules used to allow all elbow strikes except those hitting downwards with the point of the elbow.

Recent amendments and clarifications to the unified rules now allow all elbow strikes (except those to illegal striking areas of the body, for example, the groin)

Fouls

The following are fouls, as set out by the Nevada State Athletic Commission:

* Putting a finger into any orifice or into any cut or laceration on an opponent. (see Gouging)
* Clawing, pinching or twisting the flesh.
* Grabbing the clavicle.
* Kicking the head of a grounded opponent.
* Kneeing the head of a grounded opponent.
* Stomping a grounded opponent.
* Spiking an opponent to the canvas on his head or neck. (see piledriver)
* Holding the shorts or gloves of an opponent.
* Spitting at an opponent.
* Engaging in an unsportsmanlike conduct that causes an injury to an opponent.
* Using abusive language in the ring or fenced area.
* Attacking an opponent on or during the break.
* Attacking an opponent who is under the care of the referee.
* Attacking an opponent after the bell has sounded the end of the period of unarmed combat.
* Flagrantly disregarding the instructions of the referee.
* Timidity, including, without limitation, avoiding contact with an opponent, intentionally or consistently dropping the mouthpiece or faking an injury.
* Interference by the corner.
* Throwing in the towel during competition. (forfeit)

General Conduct

* Fighters are tested for steroids and other illegal substances.

NateR
02-05-2009, 03:54 PM
* Kneeing the head of a grounded opponent.

So, forget about the Vaseline, GSP still cheated in his last fight with Matt.

Spiritwalker
02-05-2009, 03:55 PM
UFCs Rules.. a few more specifics.. and "geasing" could be a point.. see bold..
Fouls: [Top]
1. Butting with the head.
2. Eye gouging of any kind.
3. Biting.
4. Hair pulling.
5. Fish hooking.
6. Groin attacks of any kind.
7. Putting a finger into any orifice or into any cut or laceration on an opponent.
8. Small joint manipulation.
9. Striking to the spine or the back of the head.
10. Striking downward using the point of the elbow.
11. Throat strikes of any kind, including, without limitation, grabbing the trachea.
12. Clawing, pinching or twisting the flesh.
13. Grabbing the clavicle.
14. Kicking the head of a grounded opponent.
15. Kneeing the head of a grounded opponent.
16. Stomping a grounded opponent.
17. Kicking to the kidney with the heel.
18. Spiking an opponent to the canvas on his head or neck.
19. Throwing an opponent out of the ring or fenced area.
20. Holding the shorts or gloves of an opponent.
21. Spitting at an opponent.
22. Engaging in an unsportsmanlike conduct that causes an injury to an opponent.
23. Holding the ropes or the fence.
24. Using abusive language in the ring or fenced area.
25. Attacking an opponent on or during the break.
26. Attacking an opponent who is under the care of the referee.
27. Attacking an opponent after the bell has sounded the end of the period of unarmed combat.
28. Flagrantly disregarding the instructions of the referee.
29. Timidity, including, without limitation, avoiding contact with an opponent, intentionally or consistently dropping the mouthpiece or faking an injury.
30. Interference by the corner.
31. Throwing in the towel during competition.

Spiritwalker
02-05-2009, 03:58 PM
So, forget about the Vaseline, GSP still cheated in his last fight with Matt.

Where did that come it at? I don't remember. Will dig it up when I get home.

Matt is a great fighter/person.. and I hated seeing that specific fight, but I didn't see a knee.

Matt just got caught in that sub last time.. GSP was really on that night also.

NateR
02-05-2009, 04:00 PM
GSP was really on

....something. :wink:

Spiritwalker
02-05-2009, 04:03 PM
Looking over the unified MMA rules.. not a whole lot that is specific...

The Unified Rules are the de facto rules for mixed martial arts in the United States, and have been adopted by other promotions and jurisdictions worldwide.
Legal Techniques

The Unified Rules used to allow all elbow strikes except those hitting downwards with the point of the elbow.

Recent amendments and clarifications to the unified rules now allow all elbow strikes (except those to illegal striking areas of the body, for example, the groin)

That amendment to elbows in a downward motion.. was after the Anderson/Lutter fight.. which I still say was a "cheat".. illeagle move"

Spiritwalker
02-05-2009, 04:04 PM
....something. :wink:

you know.. he really is ripped... while I won't judge.. it wouldn't surprise me.

how long does that stuff take to void? The longest..

NateR
02-05-2009, 04:06 PM
you know.. he really is ripped... while I won't judge.. it wouldn't surprise me.

how long does that stuff take to void? The longest..

I'm no expert, but I do know that it's impossible for them to test for everything. And there are likely many substances out there that the Athletic Commissions don't even know exist, much less have a test for.

According to one of GOAT's posts, there are some steroids that could be out of your system within 48 hours.

cds
02-05-2009, 04:25 PM
I'm no expert, but I do know that it's impossible for them to test for everything. And there are likely many substances out there that the Athletic Commissions don't even know exist, much less have a test for.

According to one of GOAT's posts, there are some steroids that could be out of your system within 48 hours.

By that logic NateR everyone is on drugs because the tests are no longer relevant.....and again it becomes a mute point.

Dont get me wrong, I agree in regards to drug testing and its accuracy, but you cant accuse one person without accusing everyone due to the inherent problems associated with drug testing.

Ultimately its a double edged sword which ends up cutting everyone.

foggy
02-05-2009, 04:28 PM
Yes, and we also can't be sure that GSP and his "witch doctor" didn't summon the spirits of thousands of deceased Roman Gladiators to aid him in his previous two victories against Hughes.

That's not in the NSAC's rulebooks, BUT IT SHOULD BE!!!

foggy
02-05-2009, 04:29 PM
By that logic NateR everyone is on drugs because the tests are no longer relevant.....and again it becomes a mute point.

Dont get me wrong, I agree in regards to drug testing and its accuracy, but you cant accuse one person without accusing everyone due to the inherent problems associated with drug testing.

Ultimately its a double edged sword which ends up cutting everyone.

No... everyone is guilty except Matt.

:wacko:

jason2130
02-05-2009, 04:35 PM
found this as the fighter requirments/rules for general fighting events

KICK International Official Amateur MMA Rules and Regulations

FIGHTERS CLOTHING AND EQUIPMENT
Fighters are required to wear an approved protective groin cup during all matches.
Fighters are required to wear an approved mouthpiece at all times while the bout is in progress.
Fighters are not allowed to wear any shoes of any type.
Fighters may tape their wrists and hands but not over their knuckles. Wraps are not allowed; only tape and gauze will
be allowed. Handwraps are not allowed. Fighter handwraps must be "SIGNED OFF" by the event representative
PRIOR to the beginning of their bout.
Fighters may not place oil upon any part of the competitor's body.
Fighter’s fingernails and toenails must be cut and trimmed prior to any bout.

there multiple pages of other stuff, but thats the part with oiled up on it

NateR
02-05-2009, 04:41 PM
No... everyone is guilty except Matt.

:wacko:

You see it's stuff like this that makes the GSP fans seems so pathetic. Nowhere did I ever claim that all MMA fighters, except Matt, are on steroids. That's just stupidity.

So, stop with the straw man arguments and argue what I actually say. Don't manipulate my words to represent a bizarre parody of my viewpoint in order to make it easier for you to shoot that false viewpoint down. That's not the intelligent way to win an argument.

CAVEMAN
02-05-2009, 04:52 PM
I asked this question on another thread:

Has Fitch or Kos come forward verifying the same thing as other WW's?

bradwright
02-05-2009, 04:52 PM
Nowhere did I ever claim that all MMA fighters, except Matt, are on steroids.That's just stupidity.

your right Nate,,just the ones you dont like.:wink:

NateR
02-05-2009, 04:55 PM
your right Nate,,just the ones you dont like.:wink:

Again, stupidity. I don't like BJ Penn at all, or Matt Serra, but I have never once claimed that they are on steroids.

Champ2be
02-05-2009, 05:00 PM
Again, stupidity. I don't like BJ Penn at all, or Matt Serra, but I have never once claimed that they are on steroids.

Serra could use use some HGH though to gain a few inches,lol.

rockdawg21
02-05-2009, 05:05 PM
Serra could use use some HGH though to gain a few inches,lol.
Maybe he just needs Extenze.

foggy
02-05-2009, 05:08 PM
You see it's stuff like this that makes the GSP fans seems so pathetic. Nowhere did I ever claim that all MMA fighters, except Matt, are on steroids. That's just stupidity.

So, stop with the straw man arguments and argue what I actually say. Don't manipulate my words to represent a bizarre parody of my viewpoint in order to make it easier for you to shoot that false viewpoint down. That's not the intelligent way to win an argument.

I don't remember quoting you specifically? I'm sorry to upset you!

I'm just echoing the popular sentiment I read in most of the posts here on this forum: "Matt can do no wrong". (Understandably... this IS the Matt Hughes forum! [1] ;))

I think your original statement went something like: we can't be sure what substances any fighter is taking illegally because they can fool the tests and the tests can't detect every possible substance.

Well, then how do you decide which fighters are taking illegal substances? By scrutinizing the size of their nipples on low-res photos downloaded off the internet?

If you're not going to trust the testing done by the UFC and the commissions, then everyone is under suspicion... including Matt. That's a terrible way to look at the sport. Everyone is guilty until proven innocent?

[1] Question. How would you say that Matt owns something? For example: "I ate Matt Hughes's apple while he wasn't looking."

bradwright
02-05-2009, 05:09 PM

heck Nate,,nobody would accuse BJ of being on steroids,only way to get an advantage out of them is to work out,and BJs just to lazy for that,
and as far as Serra go's,,even if you thought it,, you wouldn't say it,,you dont want any controversy coming up that would stop him from getting his asss kicked my Matt in the octagon in just a few short months,,
and i know you can hardly wait for that,:)

oh yeah by the way,,please quit calling me stupid,,i'm starting to think you dont like me.:unsure-1:

Champ2be
02-05-2009, 05:10 PM

I wasnt talking about gaining inches in that department. :laugh:

cds
02-05-2009, 05:10 PM

Now guys, its not nice to pick on the vertically challenged!

rockdawg21
02-05-2009, 05:11 PM
Now guys, its not nice to pick on the vertically challenged!
Hey, I have every right, I'm 5'7". Wait, nevermind, I don't have any issues there, lol

NateR
02-05-2009, 05:17 PM
[1] Question. How would you say that Matt owns something? For example: "I ate Matt Hughes's apple while he wasn't looking."

The grammatically correct placement of the apostrophe is after the 's' in Hughes and no additional 's' would be necessary. So I would say, "This is Matt Hughes' website."

NateR
02-05-2009, 05:22 PM
heck Nate,,nobody would accuse BJ of being on steroids,only way to get an advantage out of them is to work out,and BJs just to lazy for that,
and as far as Serra go's,,even if you thought it,, you wouldn't say it,,you dont want any controversy coming up that would stop him from getting his asss kicked my Matt in the octagon in just a few short months,,
and i know you can hardly wait for that,:)

oh yeah by the way,,please quit calling me stupid,,i'm starting to think you dont like me.:unsure-1:

For the record, I said your comment was stupid, not you. There's a difference.

Anyways, I'll only call you comments stupid if you misrepresent my opinions or try to put words in my mouth, deal? :rolleyes:

bradwright
02-05-2009, 05:24 PM
For the record, I said your comment was stupid, not you. There's a difference.

Anyways, I'll only call you comments stupid if you misrepresent my opinions or try to put words in my mouth, deal? :rolleyes:

Okay then,,deal.:ninja:

Tyburn
02-05-2009, 05:45 PM
:laugh: Now everyone is telling GSP he's been a naughty boy.

I love how the power of the Fans, and the openness of top level fighters has allowed this to become an all out debate across the whole community.

Bet Georges is begining to wish Penn had won :laugh:

cds
02-05-2009, 06:02 PM
:laugh: Now everyone is telling GSP he's been a naughty boy.

I love how the power of the Fans, and the openness of top level fighters has allowed this to become an all out debate across the whole community.

Bet Georges is begining to wish Penn had won :laugh:

ROFLMAO......Someone should ask GSP that question.

ufcfan2
02-05-2009, 06:03 PM
Heck lets settle this issue now just make the fighters start using Gi's:punch:

foggy
02-05-2009, 06:25 PM
Heck lets settle this issue now just make the fighters start using Gi's:punch:

Sure, and then BJ would complain that the fabric softener that GSP used to do his laundry made GSP's gi too slippery....

CAVEMAN
02-05-2009, 06:57 PM
and yet another professional from the MMA community speaks out about GSP greasing. this is getting crazy

http://graciefighter.com/?page=forums&thread_id=5515&num_posts=13&add_view=set

Should not surprise anyone. The Gracie's always get upset when one of their own get beat!!!! The Gracie's are just upset because mixed martial arts has evolved beyond them!

CHITOWNHUGHESFAN
02-05-2009, 07:25 PM
Wow!!! Truth is going to come out. With or without Dana White or GSP help. Vaseline to the body is morally wrong and is illegal in the true nature of MMA period!!