PDA

View Full Version : Camping?

Crisco
08-18-2009, 08:35 PM
Anyone know what to look for in the northeast for camping spots? I don't want to be around people I want to have our own section of woods and I'm not having much luck with the search.

Any body have experience in picking out the kind of camping spots I'm lookin g for?

Neezar
08-18-2009, 08:46 PM
Anyone know what to look for in the northeast for camping spots? I don't want to be around people I want to have our own section of woods and I'm not having much luck with the search.

Any body have experience in picking out the kind of camping spots I'm lookin g for?

You going around a lake or something?

You may have to just ride to the area and actually scout a spot out....like the olden days.

Crisco
08-18-2009, 09:16 PM
You going around a lake or something?

You may have to just ride to the area and actually scout a spot out....like the olden days.

Pfft then what the hell are the interwebz for :tongue0011:

Yea a nice lake or river would be cool.

Neezar
08-18-2009, 09:21 PM
Pfft then what the hell are the interwebz for :tongue0011:

Yea a nice lake or river would be cool.

How far away from where you live? Could you ride over to the area that you want to go to before actually going camping?

Hubby and I used to go camping in new places quite often. We would find a campsite in the area in case we couldn't find a better spot. We would go early and ride around the area and usually find a good spot by just riding around and looking. You can see signs (burned out campfire, etc) in places where people have camped before. Look for dirt or grass that looks like people have been driving down into an area and explore there. We have found some awesome camping spots like that. Ride over and look around a bit. Otherwise I don't know what to tell you.

Crisco
08-18-2009, 09:27 PM
How far away from where you live? Could you ride over to the area that you want to go to before actually going camping?

Hubby and I used to go camping in new places quite often. We would find a campsite in the area in case we couldn't find a better spot. We would go early and ride around the area and usually find a good spot by just riding around and looking. You can see signs (burned out campfire, etc) in places where people have camped before. Look for dirt or grass that looks like people have been driving down into an area and explore there. We have found some awesome camping spots like that. Ride over and look around a bit. Otherwise I don't know what to tell you.

Well thank you for the advice :).

rearnakedchoke
08-18-2009, 09:31 PM
come to canada, we have great places up here .. algonquin is nice .. and huge ..

MattHughesRocks
08-18-2009, 11:15 PM
I went camping once, Stayed at a Holiday Inn for 5 days straight with no room service :scared0015:
Man, I'll never camp again!:talktothehand:

Neezar
08-18-2009, 11:51 PM
I went camping once, Stayed at a Holiday Inn for 5 days straight with no room service :scared0015:
Man, I'll never camp again!:talktothehand:

:laugh:

Buzzard
08-19-2009, 05:30 AM

Reminds me of a good camping joke that I shouldn't say on here.

I used to camp quite a bit, though never in the northeast. Be prepared for everything and good luck on finding a good place.

County Mike
08-19-2009, 11:23 AM
Unless you're going well outside of NJ, you'll have trouble finding a LEGAL camping area that isn't also crowded with other campers. Upstate NY, Pennsylvania and such might work out better for you though. Some national parks allow camping and aren't as populated. Careful with those campfires.

Play The Man
08-20-2009, 12:37 AM
How about Newark? I am sure there are bombed-out areas without population and overgrown with weeds. You might even come across some wildlife . . . huge sewer rats! Just be careful of the predators.