PDA

View Full Version : St. Pierre's comments on Matt's comments!

Pages : [1] 2

hizo64
02-05-2009, 02:18 PM
Toward the end of the article, kinda angers me what he says. :angry:
http://sherdog.com/news/news/st-pierre-i-never-cheated-in-my-life-16065

KevinD
02-05-2009, 02:32 PM
If he feels like he did nothing wrong its understandable that he is a little pissed. That is why it is of paramount importance for the comission to investigate and see if he did something wrong and then to make conclusions after that. Clearly this is not over by a long shot.

MattHughesRocks
02-05-2009, 02:58 PM
Uh oh! Them there are fightin' words :unsure-1:

NateR
02-05-2009, 03:05 PM
I don't really want to go to Sherdog to read this, so what does he say?

que
02-05-2009, 03:10 PM
“I don’t know what to say,” he told the “Beatdown” hosts. “The next fight day they just have to check me. I have nothing to hide. It pisse[s] me off a little bit. It’s like people are jealous or something… I’m not going to talk bad. I don’t mind. Everything comes up and down in life. I think Matt Hughes is trying to find excuses now for going on the way down. I don’t know.”

Jonlion
02-05-2009, 03:10 PM
Good on him for coming out aggresive!

CHITOWNHUGHESFAN
02-05-2009, 03:14 PM
Georgy, can get mad all he wants. This vaseline thing will follow him around for his whole carreer. Its a shame really. I think he is a little jealous of Matt's status in the UFC as legend and future Hall a famer also. If someone put **** on my back I would know about it. Not like it a uniform and he cant feel the grease.
GreaSeP get over yourself:thumbsdown: .

mikthehick
02-05-2009, 03:14 PM
“I don’t know what to say,” he told the “Beatdown” hosts. “The next fight day they just have to check me. I have nothing to hide. It pisse[s] me off a little bit. It’s like people are jealous or something… I’m not going to talk bad. I don’t mind. Everything comes up and down in life. I think Matt Hughes is trying to find excuses now for going on the way down. I don’t know.”

Well, some say ya can't be on top forever.....while I can see why he'd be pissed about the accussations, I don't understand why he made this comment about MH...it's kinda sickening to read that.

I dunno, maybe people are jealous. Won't be the last time we'll hear about it. :blink:

Spiritwalker
02-05-2009, 03:16 PM

I like GSP.. he is #4 or 5 on my top 10.. at least 2 behind Matt Hughes.. depending on my mood.. But to say Matt is trying to find an excuse for losing.. on a fight that is "how old"? You get a big ol' "FU" Georgey.. Matt said he "felt greasy".. that's not an admission of why he lost to him.. not at all.. just a statement of opinion.. FU GSP.

rockdawg21
02-05-2009, 04:49 PM
If I were GSP, I'd respond the same way.

NateR
02-05-2009, 04:54 PM

If I had something to hide, I'd respond the same way too.

rearnakedchoke
02-05-2009, 04:54 PM
nothing wrong with what gsp said .. who wouldn't defend themselves .. the way i see it is, he can't see why matt is saying something .. he could understand serra, but he has respect for matt ... i also think it has to do with his language skills ... if he were to speak in french and have it translated, it would come across a lot differently ...

rearnakedchoke
02-05-2009, 04:58 PM

he's got nothing to hide .... he has been fighting for years, he knows what he does ... he also knows that when they are fighting there are plenty of cameras around, if this was the case, he would have been nailed for it a long time ago ...

i think this was an honest mistake .. look at the footage from jeremy horn rubbing vaseline on miletich, so does that mean discredit all of what pat has done as a fighter and trainer? horn has cornered matt, so if someone says, horn put grease on pm, he also did it with mh .. that would be a ridiculous claim ...

cds
02-05-2009, 05:05 PM
nothing wrong with what gsp said .. who wouldn't defend themselves .. the way i see it is, he can't see why matt is saying something .. he could understand serra, but he has respect for matt ... i also think it has to do with his language skills ... if he were to speak in french and have it translated, it would come across a lot differently ...

I also agree, that something may have been lost in translation, as I believe GSP heard about Matt's comments Via the interviewer(which I think is kind of low on the interviewers part) and its quite possible that he mistakenly translated that Matt was accusing him of cheating(which I think the interviewer was slanting the comment......to increase conflict, which is exactly what they want), which wasnt the case at all, Matt just indicated that GSP felt greasy....Period!

Llamafighter
02-05-2009, 05:08 PM
I also agree, that something may have been lost in translation, as I believe GSP heard about Matt's comments Via the interviewer(which I think is kind of low on the interviewers part) and its quite possible that he mistakenly translated that Matt was accusing him of cheating(which I think the interviewer was slanting the comment......to increase conflict, which is exactly what they want), which wasnt the case at all, Matt just indicated that GSP felt greasy....Period!

Everytime someone asks George about Matt's comments (ie the fitch fight was boring) they always paraphrase what Matt said in a way that is completely inaccurate. Matt was very clear that he didn't think the outcome of any of those fights would have been different.
This is one reason I freaking HATE sherdog, sometimes. They create alot of this drama.

NateR
02-05-2009, 05:10 PM
he's got nothing to hide .... he has been fighting for years, he knows what he does ... he also knows that when they are fighting there are plenty of cameras around, if this was the case, he would have been nailed for it a long time ago ...

i think this was an honest mistake .. look at the footage from jeremy horn rubbing vaseline on miletich, so does that mean discredit all of what pat has done as a fighter and trainer? horn has cornered matt, so if someone says, horn put grease on pm, he also did it with mh .. that would be a ridiculous claim ...

I've noticed that GSP fans are more than willing to give GSP the benefit of the doubt, which in turn would make Matt a liar or just stupid (since some people seem to believe that someone with nearly 20 years experience in wrestling and MMA wouldn't be able to tell the difference between sweat and Vaseline).

So, I'm more inclined to believe Matt than GSP.

foggy
02-05-2009, 05:13 PM
I think he is a little jealous of Matt's status in the UFC as legend and future Hall a famer also.

GSP being a great UFC middleweight champ does nothing to diminish the legacy of Matt Hughes as a dominating UFC middleweight champ.

It's a shame they ever had to fight and GSP had to win 2 out of 3. Maybe some of you wouldn't be so butthurt over GSP then.

Champ2be
02-05-2009, 05:16 PM
GSP being a great UFC middleweight champ does nothing to diminish the legacy of Matt Hughes as a dominating UFC middleweight champ.

It's a shame they ever had to fight and GSP had to win 2 out of 3. Maybe some of you wouldn't be so butthurt over GSP then.

You mean Welter weight

foggy
02-05-2009, 05:22 PM
I've noticed that GSP fans are more than willing to give GSP the benefit of the doubt, which in turn would make Matt a liar or just stupid (since some people seem to believe that someone with nearly 20 years experience in wrestling and MMA wouldn't be able to tell the difference between sweat and Vaseline).

Was GSP "greased up" during the first time he fought Hughes and lost or just the last two times when Hughes lost?

I went back and watched the last two UFC fights this morning over breakfast...

UFC 65 -- This was primarily a stand-up fight. This didn't even really go the ground until GSP caught Hughes in the head with a kick and followed him to the ground for elbow and knuckle sandwiches. It was basically a kickboxing match. Even if GSP was covered in grease from head to toe, I fail to see how it would have changed the outcome.

UFC 79 -- In contrast to the past fight, this one was mostly on the ground, so I would say that Hughes would have definitely been in a position to feel GSP's body and subjectively comment on it's "slipperiness". Did GSP dominate Matt on the ground because he was covered in grease or was it because he was a younger, stronger, more athletic fighter with better wrestling/grappling skills? Remember that Matt basically took this fight on short notice to replace an injured Serra.

foggy
02-05-2009, 05:24 PM
You mean Welter weight

HA! :)

Yes, I do.

Thanks.

NateR
02-05-2009, 05:33 PM
Was GSP "greased up" during the first time he fought Hughes and lost or just the last two times when Hughes lost?

I went back and watched the last two UFC fights this morning over breakfast...

UFC 65 -- This was primarily a stand-up fight. This didn't even really go the ground until GSP caught Hughes in the head with a kick and followed him to the ground for elbow and knuckle sandwiches. It was basically a kickboxing match. Even if GSP was covered in grease from head to toe, I fail to see how it would have changed the outcome.

UFC 79 -- In contrast to the past fight, this one was mostly on the ground, so I would say that Hughes would have definitely been in a position to feel GSP's body and subjectively comment on it's "slipperiness". Did GSP dominate Matt on the ground because he was covered in grease or was it because he was a younger, stronger, more athletic fighter with better wrestling/grappling skills? Remember that Matt basically took this fight on short notice to replace an injured Serra.

Matt mentioned a greasiness to GSP after the UFC 65 fight. I heard him talk about it on the flight home. I believe it was the fact that Matt noticed a difference between GSP's slipperiness in UFC 65 and UFC 50 that led him to say something.

However, I haven't specifically asked him about UFC 50, I'm just willing to give Matt the benefit of the doubt, as you are doing with GSP.

Tyburn
02-05-2009, 05:35 PM
Toward the end of the article, kinda angers me what he says. :angry:
http://sherdog.com/news/news/st-pierre-i-never-cheated-in-my-life-16065
:laugh: What I love is that this Site is begining to make headline news! Matt Hughes has been giving blogs for a while and you hear it mentioned occasionally in magazines "on his own official website Hughes said..." but its fantastic now that these people must watch this site to be aware that Hughes made any comment on GSP at all.

Of Course GSP is shocked and upset...but people are taking notice of what Matt and others are saying...and they are entitled to express their opinion...and Hughes isnt the only one...thats the thing...even if you wanted to rule out Penn and Hughes for the reasons GSP thinks...WTF about people like Sean Sherk and Miller?? They arent fighters who have reigned for eons in the past and been ursurped by GSP, they have no motive for being as malicious as he makes out.

Tyburn
02-05-2009, 05:38 PM
:laugh:

Guys...he's not gonna say "yeah Matts right, I did it and won!" is he. Of course he's gonna deny it and be shocked and upset...I'm suprised he didnt burst into tears....people always believe you then...Worked for Hillary Clinton:laugh:

hizo64
02-05-2009, 05:41 PM

I think someone has a man crush on GSP :drunk:

Preach
02-05-2009, 05:43 PM

Thats not suprising

rearnakedchoke
02-05-2009, 05:44 PM

Everyone's fans are quicker to give their fighter the BOD ... like BJ fans, his loss to matt was a rib injury, his loss to gsp (1st) was do to not training, GSP's loss to serra was not taking him seriously, getting hit in the back of the head etc. i have even heard hughes fans saying same sorta things, didn't take bj serious the first time, got kicked in the sack against gsp, was disadvantaged to alves cuz alves didn't have to cut weight ... so it is not just gsp fans ...

ufcfan2
02-05-2009, 05:45 PM
I read what I wrote and have to rethink what I said. I agree with ppl that they will defend or make excuses for their favorite fighters.
I would think there are some rational ppl who try to think of both sides and not just the side of their favorite fighters. Its okay to question their motives and get all the facts..
Is GSP lying? I don't know maybe his corner is dupping him and the other fighters? Would MattH/MattS and BJ all be lying or sore losers? I don't know I would hope not even MattS I don't think would do that..So,right now I don't know what or who to believe.
I would think from now on they will change a few rules with who has vasoline and whos inside cage between rounds. etc...This has been a small blackeye for the sport,but I don't think its a set back of any sorts.
For GSP or anyother fighters sake I hope they don't get caught in this situation again steroids is bad enough don't need something as stupid and small to paint a deceiving picture for an upcoming sport.
*btw with gsp being such a golden boy,is it possible hes using some tanning products or some oilbased shower products? Ya know he such a pretty boy :)

bradwright
02-05-2009, 05:46 PM
:laugh: What I love is that this Site is begining to make headline news! Matt Hughes has been giving blogs for a while and you hear it mentioned occasionally in magazines "on his own official website Hughes said..." but its fantastic now that these people must watch this site to be aware that Hughes made any comment on GSP at all.

Trust me when i say Tyburn,,"these people", as you put it, are watching almost all MMA sites right now.

County Mike
02-05-2009, 05:49 PM
I don't blame GSP for what he said either. I don't care who you are. If you accuse me of cheating, I'm going to defend myself.

cds
02-05-2009, 05:58 PM
Matt mentioned a greasiness to GSP after the UFC 65 fight. I heard him talk about it on the flight home. I believe it was the fact that Matt noticed a difference between GSP's slipperiness in UFC 65 and UFC 50 that led him to say something.

However, I haven't specifically asked him about UFC 50, I'm just willing to give Matt the benefit of the doubt, as you are doing with GSP.

Round and Round we go....where it ends. Nobody knows.

As far as Im concerned, I think Matt's integrity is beyond reproach and I totally believe he would never lie about GSP being greasy, with that being said, "greasy" and "he used Vasoline to cheat" are two totally different animals.

I keep remembering when people were accusing Matt of being aligned to a White supremacy faction because of the T-shirt incident.
Now we all know Matt was completely blindsided by that incident...and completely innocent, and that Matt's integrity speaks for itself....but that still doesnt negate the fact that someone took a picture with Matt and a White supremacy T-shirt.

So......until we all decide to refrain from using supposition in our arguments then its a never ending debate.....LOL one of which Im not getting my work done.

Blade
02-05-2009, 06:05 PM

Guys...he's not gonna say "yeah Matts right, I did it and won!" is he. Of course he's gonna deny it and be shocked and upset...I'm suprised he didnt burst into tears....people always believe you then...Worked for Hillary Clinton:laugh:

Yeah you're right, just like Sherk denied being a drugs cheat. Oh sorry, different argument :tongue0011:

Tyburn
02-05-2009, 06:11 PM
Trust me when i say Tyburn,,"these people", as you put it, are watching almost all MMA sites right now.
:ninja: yeah...I know...I'm one of them :laugh:

Tyburn
02-05-2009, 06:14 PM
I keep remembering when people were accusing Matt of being aligned to a White supremacy faction because of the T-shirt incident.
Now we all know Matt was completely blindsided by that incident...and completely innocent, and that Matt's integrity speaks for itself....but that still doesnt negate the fact that someone took a picture with Matt and a White supremacy T-shirt.

Pretty sure that one was proven when those White Suprmecists themselves actually admitted to having nothing to do, nor wanting to have anything to do, with Hughes. Why would they want to allign themselves with Christianity?

That photowas probably more embarassing to them then it was to Hughes :rolleyes:

foggy
02-05-2009, 06:14 PM
I think someone has a man crush on GSP :drunk:

Not really.

I'd like to see him with a few more title defenses against worthy opponents at Welterweight before I'll admit any sort of crush.

Is there anyone left in the WW division?

Would Jake Sheilds vs GSP be a good fight?

Assuming Alves doesn't win...

Tyburn
02-05-2009, 06:16 PM
Not really.

Why not...he's not fugly looking, he fights well, like a well oiled machine

I think froggy likes him :ashamed:

foggy
02-05-2009, 06:20 PM
Pretty sure that one was proven when those White Suprmecists themselves actually admitted to having nothing to do, nor wanting to have anything to do, with Hughes. Why would they want to allign themselves with Christianity?

Why do you think those two worldviews are so opposed? There are SO many flavors and interpretations of Christianity out there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Identity

NateR
.....LOL one of which Im not getting my work done.

Me neither, I'm supposed to be working on updating the Cat Fight MMA website right now, but I keep getting dragged into arguments on here. :laugh:

How about this, I won't say another word about my suspicions of performance enhancing drug use, by GSP, until some real evidence of it is revealed. But I will spend the time to create a giant, flashing, "I told you so!" banner, to use for just such an occasion. :)

foggy
Why not...he's not fugly looking, he fights well, like a well oiled machine

I think froggy likes him :ashamed:

I won't stand in your way, even if I could. He's all yours.

cds
02-05-2009, 06:29 PM
Me neither, I'm supposed to be working on updating the Cat Fight MMA website right now, but I keep getting dragged into arguments on here. :laugh:

How about this, I won't say another word about my suspicions of performance enhancing drug use, by GSP, until some real evidence of it is revealed. But I will spend the time to create a giant, flashing, "I told you so!" banner, to use for just such an occasion. :)

:laugh: I hear ya!

And Done......LOL, now I have to go and look through all my legal texts to see what constitutes as "real evidence"...J/K

NateR, you truly make this site a pleasure to visit. Now get your work done.

AMJ
02-05-2009, 06:30 PM
I'm a Hughes fan, and one of the reasons is because he's not one to hold his opinions back and he's one of the greatest MMA fighters, ever. If he thought GSP had an unfair advantage in those previous fights, he should have said something to the commission and UFC at that time. To come out and say it a few years after the fact, is kind of unclassy.

thats just my opinion, tho.

billythekid2000
02-05-2009, 06:42 PM
Matt should have mentioned it at the time not years later, after BJ had. It's like ganging up on someone behind the leader, BJ.

Honestly, I'm a bit disappointed in Matt , that he would bring it up, even though he says it didn't affect the result of the fights. It adds weight to the current accusations, and he must have known that.

hizo64
02-05-2009, 06:51 PM
I'm a Hughes fan, and one of the reasons is because he's not one to hold his opinions back and he's one of the greatest MMA fighters, ever. If he thought GSP had an unfair advantage in those previous fights, he should have said something to the commission and UFC at that time. To come out and say it a few years after the fact, is kind of unclassy.

MAN CRUSH MAN CRUSH!!! :tongue0011:

hizo64
02-05-2009, 06:53 PM
Matt should have mentioned it at the time not years later, after BJ had. It's like ganging up on someone behind the leader, BJ.

Honestly, I'm a bit disappointed in Matt , that he would bring it up, even though he says it didn't affect the result of the fights. It adds weight to the current accusations, and he must have know that.

Dude, Matt said "he felt a little greasy" he didnt say "He's a cheating ba$tard that covered himself in vaseline blah blah blah!"

AMJ
02-05-2009, 07:23 PM
Dude, Matt said "he felt a little greasy" he didnt say "He's a cheating ba$tard that covered himself in vaseline blah blah blah!"

But Matt is validating the underlying implication. If it didn't have a result on the outcome and he doesn't believe GSP is a cheater, than what is he exactly trying to imply with the Grease comment?

One could only be greasey by applying it on one's body. So the statement itself is a bit funny, if you ask me.

Perhaps it was sweat, but Matt has been in MMA for a while, he'd know the difference between sweat and vaseline.

Hopefully Matt can clarify. :cool:

NateR
02-05-2009, 07:46 PM
If Matt had mentioned the greasiness back in 2006, then the reaction would be exactly the same as it is now. Only it would just be Matt's word and there would be no video evidence to back up anything he said.

Matt's not stupid, he knows that fans would just claim that he was leveling baseless accusations against GSP to excuse his loss. So why do that? At least now, he has the testimony of other fighters with similar experiences to back him up and the video footage from last Saturday. Not to mention the athletic commissioner who witnessed the greasing.

Tyburn
02-05-2009, 07:48 PM
But Matt is validating the underlying implication. If it didn't have a result on the outcome and he doesn't believe GSP is a cheater, than what is he exactly trying to imply with the Grease comment?

One could only be greasey by applying it on one's body. So the statement itself is a bit funny, if you ask me.

Perhaps it was sweat, but Matt has been in MMA for a while, he'd know the difference between sweat and vaseline.

Hopefully Matt can clarify. :cool:
Isnt Matt Hughes allowed an opinion, based on more experience then any of us?

is that a freedom we have...but he does not. The statement is clear. Did GSP grease for Penn, Hughes doesnt know, Would it have effected the outcome if he did, Hughes doesnt think so...but in Hughes experience GSP often comes off as being a tad slippery to the touch.

NateR
02-05-2009, 07:49 PM

That's a dumb thing to say, everybody knows that Matt and BJ don't like each other. :laugh:

It's good to have controversies like this every once it a while, it helps us to weed out the posers from the true Matt Hughes fans.

Max
02-05-2009, 07:56 PM
That's a dumb thing to say, everybody knows that Matt and BJ don't like each other. :laugh:
what?????? I thought they were best of friends :laugh:

NateR
02-05-2009, 07:59 PM

Why is it unclassy? That just makes no sense. He had no real evidence to support the claim that GSP greased back then, it was just a suspicion. So why file a complaint when it's just Matt's word against GSP's? That's stupid. Besides, Matt's not one to make an excuse for a loss and that's exactly how people would take that (just like they are doing with BJ).

For someone who claims to be a Matt Hughes fan, you sure don't sound like one. Why don't you actually read Matt's words without trying to put a negative spin on them? Matt said that he didn't believe that the greasiness affected the outcome of either of his last two fights against GSP. Period. So where's the controversy?

medic92
02-05-2009, 08:04 PM
It's good to have controversies like this every once it a while, it helps us to weed out the posers from the true Matt Hughes fans.

Are you saying that in order to be true Matt Hughes fans we're supposed to agree with everything he says and never disagree with anything advocated by him or his "true" fans?

If so, you can count me out and cancel my account.

hizo64
02-05-2009, 08:09 PM
Are you saying that in order to be true Matt Hughes fans we're supposed to agree with everything he says and never disagree with anything advocated by him or his "true" fans?

How about you save Nate the trouble and just leave on your own. POSER!!!!! :punch:

NateR
02-05-2009, 08:11 PM

Well, let's break this down:

1. A true fan would not just automatically spin Matt's word in the most negative way possible.

2. A true fan would not call Matt a liar, on his own website even, when he says something that contradicts the words of the "chosen one" GSP.

3. A true fan would give Matt the benefit of the doubt and not just assume that he has some sort of malicious intent to everything he does.

If you can't agree to those, then don't let the door hit you on the way out.

hizo64
02-05-2009, 08:13 PM

1. A true fan would not just automatically spin Matt's word in the most negative way possible.

2. A true fan would not call Matt a liar, on his own website even, when he says something that contradicts the words of the "chosen one" GSP.

3. A true fan would give Matt the benefit of the doubt and not just assume that he has some sort of malicious intent to everything he does.

NATER FOR PREZ OR SOME OTHER TYPE OF POLITICAL OFFICE POSITION!!! :party0019:

Max
02-05-2009, 08:13 PM
Why is it unclassy? That just makes no sense. He had no real evidence to support the claim that GSP greased back then, it was just a suspicion. So why file a complaint when it's just Matt's word against GSP's? That's stupid. Besides, Matt's not one to make an excuse for a loss and that's exactly how people would take that (just like they are doing with BJ).

I kinda look at it this way. There were a lot of people on other web sites, as well as this one, who wanted to see what Matt had to say on the topic. There was one person on mmafighting.net who does not like Matt at all but wanted to see what Matt said on the topic. He thought Matt was a jerk but he said Matt is an honest jerk. Matt's opinion means a lot to a lot of people because Matt does not make excuses for his losses. One of the things that I remember most about Matt was after his first fight with BJ Penn. I remember after BJ won Matt says to BJ something to the effect of I didnt take you lightly. I gained so much respect for Matt at that point because he did not have to say that but he did. IMO the fact that he came out and said what he said is one reason why this issue has become as big as it is.

medic92
02-05-2009, 08:17 PM

Disagreeing with Matt Hughes doesn't make one a "poser", nor does it mean I called Matt a liar or anything else. If you think rigid lockstep agreement is what is required to be a fan or a friend, you're missing some serious brain cells somewhere.

Let me know if you get your ego under control any time soon, and if you or anyone else feels the need to continue the discussion, feel free to email me at medic_92@yahoo.com. I'm going to step away for a while until people can get themselves under control.

medic92
02-05-2009, 08:18 PM
NATER FOR PREZ OR SOME OTHER TYPE OF POLITICAL OFFICE POSITION!!! :party0019:

Why don't you just ask Nate to marry you and get it over with? Talk about posing and brown-nosing. What a joke.

bj44
02-05-2009, 08:19 PM
I dont get how georges being slippery effected the ufc 65 match at all. Was it not matts game plan to stand up with georges anyway. He tried one takdown and that was with 30 seconds left in the 1st round.

Not calling matt a liar i just dont see where it was even relevant at all in that fight.

Tyburn
02-05-2009, 08:20 PM

Depends....Have you fought GSP before...? who do you belief, GSP or....BJ Penn, Matt Serra, Sean Sherk, Matt Hughes....who have many divides between them but all suspect GSP as being less then 100percent honnest.

What are you basing your opinion on?

Do you trust Matt Hughes or not? I take Loyalty VERY seriously indeed...have you never heard me speak about Jens Pulver before :laugh:

Jason 16
02-05-2009, 08:21 PM
I dont get how georges being slippery effected the ufc 65 match at all. Was it not matts game plan to stand up with georges anyway. He tried one takdown and that was with 30 seconds left in the 1st round.

Not calling matt a liar i just dont see where it was even relevant at all in that fight.

thank you and not like GSP would be sweaty or anything by the time in the fight

Tyburn
02-05-2009, 08:22 PM

did he say it effected the outcome?

Where is it relevent?? are you kidding! IF GSP is making a habit of accidently giving himself an illegal advantage...dont you think someone oughta stop him?????

Tyburn
02-05-2009, 08:23 PM
Why don't you just ask Nate to marry you and get it over with? Talk about posing and brown-nosing. What a joke.
Why dont you leave already :angry:

hizo64
02-05-2009, 08:23 PM

Yes cause I work for Nate you poser, the fact is this, Nate's a cool guy, you're a D-Bag. Hmm that about sums it up, and its called bromance, get it right D-bag. :)

rearnakedchoke
02-05-2009, 08:24 PM

nah man, no one has ever said that ... people asked for matt's opinion and they got it .... no one has ever been on here and said you can't disagree with what matt thinks ... just look at the discussions people have on politics .. matt has stated that he supported the republican's in the last election ... all of a sudden you didn't see everyone start saying McCain for President, we still had and still do have many discussions and there are plenty of people on here who don't see it the way matt does ... but there is a difference between disagreeing with someone and being disrespectful ...

Tyburn
02-05-2009, 08:25 PM
Yes cause I work for Nate you poser, the fact is this, Nate's a cool guy, you're a D-Bag. Hmm that about sums it up, and its called bromance, get it right D-bag. :)

rearnakedchoke
02-05-2009, 08:25 PM

come on ... no need for name calling ...

hizo64
02-05-2009, 08:27 PM
nah man, no one has ever said that ... people asked for matt's opinion and they got it .... no one has ever been on here and said you can't disagree with what matt thinks ... just look at the discussions people have on politics .. matt has stated that he supported the republican's in the last election ... all of a sudden you didn't see everyone start saying McCain for President, we still had and still do have many discussions and there are plenty of people on here who don't see it the way matt does ... but there is a difference between disagreeing with someone and being disrespectful ...

AMEN BROTHER!! Thank you for that! Uh oh, I might be brown nosing caus eI agreed with you according to medic_92 :frantics:

Tyburn
02-05-2009, 08:27 PM
True...but...forgive me for laughing.

I've seen so many people get so bloody hot and flustered and flounce out as if they think the place will collapse because they remove themselves...only to continue to read and post one liners...

lets end the name calling though, your right

hizo64
02-05-2009, 08:30 PM

D-Bag= Diamond Bag, you see its a compliment :cool:

Jason 16
02-05-2009, 08:31 PM

RIGHT ..... lol

medic92
02-05-2009, 08:34 PM

I've seen so many people get so bloody hot and flustered and flounce out as if they think the place will collapse because they remove themselves...only to continue to read and post one liners...

I never thought this place would collapse without me Tyburn. I just don't want to be a part of something that would have fit very nicely with Hitler's idea of total allegiance.

I completely disagree with Nate's idea that you have to believe everything Matt says or agree with everything he says in order to be a "true fan". Matt's own brother disagrees with him but nobody questions his loyalty to his brother. Why don't others get the same benefit of the doubt.

I've been respectful and even went as far as to step back the other day and re-evaluate my position on the whole Vaseline controversy. To be called a poser because I choose not to blindly believe whatever someone tells me to believe is ridiculous.

I can respect that Nate is Matt's friend and will defend him. I just won't sit still and be called a poser because I don't pledge blind allegiance without question. That's just not the person I am, nor should it be. Thinking like that is what gave people like Hitler the power they had.

NateR
02-05-2009, 08:36 PM

Didn't Matt say that it didn't affect the outcome of that fight?

However, like we've said before, whether it affected the outcome or not, cheating is cheating. The UFC penalizes fighters for steroid use, even if they lose the fight they tested positive for steroids on. The rules are there for a reason and need to be enforced.

thank you and not like GSP would be sweaty or anything by the time in the fight

Matt's been wrestling and practicing MMA for the better part of 2 decades now, do you honestly believe that he can't tell the difference between sweat and Vaseline?

rearnakedchoke
02-05-2009, 08:36 PM

hey, i have been called many a thing on here and don't really care .. but someone got warned last week and I figured same should apply to all .. plus, hizo got called a brown-noser first ... so they are even .. LOL
.. but 2 wrongs don't make a right ..

rearnakedchoke
02-05-2009, 08:37 PM
ahh .. thanks for the clarification ..

medic92
02-05-2009, 08:38 PM
hey, i have been called many a thing on here and don't really care .. but someone got warned last week and I figured same should apply to all .. plus, hizo got called a brown-noser first ... so they are even .. LOL
.. but 2 wrongs don't make a right ..

That's true, and Hizo, I apologize for for the personal attack. I went too far.

bj44
02-05-2009, 08:42 PM

However, like we've said before, whether it affected the outcome or not, cheating is cheating. The UFC penalizes fighters for steroid use, even if they lose the fight they tested positive for steroids on. The rules are there for a reason and need to be enforced.

Matt's been wrestling and practicing MMA for the better part of 2 decades now, do you honestly believe that he can't tell the difference between sweat and Vaseline?
i agree to an extent but there really is no proof that GSP was greased other than matt hughes word for that fight . So i doubt that will effect the potential investigation much at all.

I get that you dont like or respect georges nate, but you cant be surprised when people defend fthere favorite fighters from such attacks. Especially the steroids claims. Did you not belive and defend sean sherk even tho there was much more proof of him using steroids. I mean he actually failed a drug test and was stripped of his title and you still believed him lol.

NateR
02-05-2009, 08:43 PM
I completely disagree with Nate's idea that you have to believe everything Matt says or agree with everything he says in order to be a "true fan". Matt's own brother disagrees with him but nobody questions his loyalty to his brother. Why don't others get the same benefit of the doubt.

You obviously didn't read my post. There is plenty of room for disagreement here. However, as rearnakedchoke said, you can disagree without being disrespectful.

For example, you can say, "I don't think Matt should have said anything" and that would be fine. However to say, "I don't believe him because he didn't say anything two years ago," is calling Matt a liar and being disrespectful. Also saying, "Matt only said that because he is bitter that he lost to GSP," is disrespectful as well.

Disagreement doesn't necessarily mean you have to hate someone or attempt to assassinate their character.

There was a point, a couple years back, when Matt made a joke about Canadians when he was preparing for the GSP fight (before GSP pulled out of the fight because of an injury). We got such a backlash for that and I had to simply say that I believed Matt was wrong for making that joke, but I was NOT going to allow people to bash him on his own website because of it.

Finally, the "poser" remark wasn't directed at you. In fact, I don't recall you even posting in this thread until after I mad that remark.

Jason 16
02-05-2009, 08:44 PM

Im not even going to respond to this one because you wont like it and try to twist my words in some way so its realy pointless to respond to you and try to explain my self. what ever ,I no longer care

hizo64
02-05-2009, 08:47 PM
That's true, and Hizo, I apologize for for the personal attack. I went too far.

Sorry too Medic, I just gets me a little excited when it comes to MMA! :frantics:

NateR
02-05-2009, 08:50 PM
i agree to an extent but there really is no proof that GSP was greased other than matt hughes word for that fight . So i doubt that will effect the potential investigation much at all.

I get that you dont like or respect georges nate, but you cant be surprised when people defend fthere favorite fighters from such attacks. Especially the steroids claims. Did you not belive and defend sean sherk even tho there was much more proof of him using steroids. I mean he actually failed a drug test and was stripped of his title and you still believed him lol.

Which is exactly why Matt never said anything back then, there was no other evidence for it until now.

I don't care if people insult me when I make baseless accusations against Georges.:laugh: It's insulting Matt and calling his character and credibility into question that is off limits.

Plus Matt actually has first hand knowledge in this topic, many of the fans defending Georges do not, that instantly makes Matt's words more credible than some guy on the internet who can only form an opinion based off photos and video footage.

Tyburn
02-05-2009, 08:51 PM
I never thought this place would collapse without me Tyburn. I just don't want to be a part of something that would have fit very nicely with Hitler's idea of total allegiance.

I've been respectful and even went as far as to step back the other day and re-evaluate my position on the whole Vaseline controversy. To be called a poser because I choose not to blindly believe whatever someone tells me to believe is ridiculous.

I can respect that Nate is Matt's friend and will defend him. I just won't sit still and be called a poser because I don't pledge blind allegiance without question. That's just not the person I am, nor should it be. Thinking like that is what gave people like Hitler the power they had.

What would you know about Adolf Hitler, or anything European?

Honnestly! Your a fool...so let me educate you. Firstly Adolf Hitler got Ellected democratically. Thats without the silliness you guys have over there. He got ellected because he made promises to a people going through hard times and they believed him

Nathan wasnt Democratically Ellected. Nathan made no promises for people to believe in. Nathan was "Appointed"

Secondly, Only the Military pledged Alligience to Hitler...they werent happy about it, and the most senior completely ignored that. We mods dont pledge out alliegence to Nathan, but we are Loyal to Hughes...most of us have MET him and we know that he isnt a liar from first hand experience...we also recognise we have never been in close contact with GSP, nor fought him...and that Matt has so he might no better...and Matt in his views is supported by both his friends AND his enemies in their united opinion against Georges.

Finally...Hitler silenced his enemies, with brute Force. Noone has done anything but dissagree with you. Your the one running skeeerd away. And...you flounce and huff about leaving...then remain online reading and here you are posting again.

Do not talk about Nazi Germany and this Forum being similar. You seem to know NOTHING about EITHER.

medic92
02-05-2009, 08:52 PM
Sorry too Medic, I just gets me a little excited when it comes to MMA! :frantics:

I know what you mean. I'm also hypersensitive to any perception of being accused of being a "poser". I have a big problem with that idea and I guess maybe I see it where it isn't necessarily present.

NateR
02-05-2009, 08:55 PM
Im not even going to respond to this one because you wont like it and try to twist my words in some way so its realy pointless to respond to you and try to explain my self. what ever ,I no longer care

:blink:

Ooo-kay.

Jason 16

Honnestly! Your a fool...so let me educate you. Firstly Adolf Hitler got Ellected democratically. Thats without the silliness you guys have over there. He got ellected because he made promises to a people going through hard times and they believed him

Finally...Hitler silenced his enemies, with brute Force. Noone has done anything but dissagree with you. Your the one running skeeerd away. And...you flounce and huff about leaving...then remain online reading and here you are posting again.

Do not talk about Nazi Germany and this Forum being similar. You seem to know NOTHING about EITHER.

about him being ellected and us knowing so little why dont you tell us the % of the popular vote he got:tongue0011:

Tyburn
:blink:

Ooo-kay.

Mac
Disagreeing with Matt Hughes doesn't make one a "poser", nor does it mean I called Matt a liar or anything else. If you think rigid lockstep agreement is what is required to be a fan or a friend, you're missing some serious brain cells somewhere.

Let me know if you get your ego under control any time soon, and if you or anyone else feels the need to continue the discussion, feel free to email me at medic_92@yahoo.com. I'm going to step away for a while until people can get themselves under control.

You dumba$$ , ive read 15 different posts from you that all say " Im gonna step away " do it already.

OOOOOOOOOOOO One of the mods called a member a dumbass. Yeah so what , take your tampon out already if it upsets you , its probably due for a change.

Tyburn
02-05-2009, 08:57 PM
about him being ellected and us knowing so little why dont you tell us the % of the popular vote he got:tongue0011:
Enough to become "The Chancellor" by popular demand. The laugh of the spread of Democrasy is sometimes the people turn out to be as stupid in their vote casting as they are fickle.

Wasnt the Vietnamese Government brought in by a democratic ellection, where the people specifically voted in the Commies :laugh:

Mac
02-05-2009, 08:58 PM
. I just won't sit still and be called a poser .

POSER

Now lets see if your a liar or not.

:Whistle:

Tyburn
02-05-2009, 08:58 PM
You dumba$$ , ive read 15 different posts from you that all say " Im gonna step away " do it already.

OOOOOOOOOOOO One of the mods called a member a dumbass. Yeah so what , take your tampon out already if it upsets you , its probably due for a change.
:angry: HEY...I called him a fool first.

but I didnt mean it :mellow:

bradwright
02-05-2009, 09:00 PM
you guys are acting like a bunch of little school kids,,it sickens me so please put a stop to it now,,

thats better,,now dont make me come back in here,,

matthughesfan21
02-05-2009, 09:01 PM
he never won a popular vote, Dave sadly is a little off on this subject....In the 1932 election for President, Hitler never received over something like 36 or 37 % of the vote in either round of voting, Hindenburg won the election and started his second term, the very next year Hindenburg appointed Hitler to the role of Chancellor, and when Hindenburg died in 1934, Hitler took power

Jason 16

Now the second part isnt mac trying to get medic to stop posting and saying what he feel (the stopping of one trying to post = silenceing. only this time its mac and he being immature in his attempt and I thought the attacks on medic were over)

medic92

When I say I'm going to "step away", it doesn't mean I'm leaving the forum for good or taking a month off. It means I'm stepping away from the argument long enough to cool down, think about both sides and examine my own opinions and my motives and reasons for holding those opinions away from the heat of an argument.

Nice personal attack by the way. Maybe you need to step back and gain some perspective.

Tyburn
02-05-2009, 09:02 PM
he never won a popular vote, Dave sadly is a little off on this subject....In the 1932 election for President, Hitler never received over something like 36 or 37 % of the vote in either round of voting, Hindenburg won the election and started his second term, the very next year Hindenburg appointed Hitler to the role of Chancellor, and when Hindenburg died in 1934, Hitler took power
are you sure :huh:

I have it that they won the ellection in 1933 with 43% but the problem was the Nazi Party and the Germanic Socialists were trying to form a coelition Government, and needed almost an absolute majority to win in that respect.

So he had the Government dissolved, they called a new ellection, and thats when he started to make it impossible, like burning the building where the ellections were supposed to be. THEN Von Hindenburg died and Hitler proclaimed there was no need for an Ellection LOL

Mac
02-05-2009, 09:05 PM
Nice personal attack by the way. Maybe you need to step back and gain some perspective.

your welcome . and i call a spade a spade , or a dumbass a dumbass , which ever i feel fits better, you take it from there.

Jason 16
02-05-2009, 09:07 PM
Enough to become "The Chancellor" by popular demand. The laugh of the spread of Democrasy is sometimes the people turn out to be as stupid in their vote casting as they are fickle.

Wasnt the Vietnamese Government brought in by a democratic ellection, where the people specifically voted in the Commies :laugh:

well that was the U.S.'s dumb fault because we dint support Ho Chi min because at that time they were under the control of the french sooooo ho chi min went to the commies and they were more than glad to help them out so realy we kinda started that war all because of egotistical politicians

Mac
02-05-2009, 09:10 PM
Now the second part isnt mac trying to get medic to stop posting and saying what he feel (the stopping of one trying to post = silenceing. only this time its mac and he being immature in his attempt and I thought the attacks on medic were over)

Im not trying to stop anybody from posting , i just have a very low tolerance for stupid . I mean cmon , why try to invite someone to ban you , uhmmm clear the cookies , block emails and leave yourself DUH~

matthughesfan21
02-05-2009, 09:10 PM
are you sure :huh:absolutely, in 1932 against Hindenburg, hitler received only 30 percent of the vote, but because hindenburg only had 49(not majority), a runoff election ensued in which hitler raised his total percent to 36, but Hindenburg still won, Hindenburg announce Papen as Chancellor, but chaos ensued, Hindenburg later appointed Scleicher(sp?), who 2 months later resigned, thus forcing(under Nazi threats and violence) to appoint Adolf Hitler as Chancellor in 1933.....If you would like a source, it is "The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich", great book, long, but if you are in any way interested in the Nazi Reich, it is absolutely great, I read it back in high school around sophomore year, but I still remember most of it

medic92
02-05-2009, 09:11 PM

Oh, I see. You have to be European to know anything about history? Nicely elitist of you.

I never said he wasn't elected democratically. Take a look at what the Nazi regime became over time Tyburn, and try to think before you accuse someone else of being a fool just because you don't understand the reference.

Nathan wasnt Democratically Ellected. Nathan made no promises for people to believe in. Nathan was "Appointed"

Secondly, Only the Military pledged Alligience to Hitler...they werent happy about it, and the most senior completely ignored that. We mods dont pledge out alliegence to Nathan, but we are Loyal to Hughes...most of us have MET him and we know that he isnt a liar from first hand experience...we also recognise we have never been in close contact with GSP, nor fought him...and that Matt has so he might no better...and Matt in his views is supported by both his friends AND his enemies in their united opinion against Georges.

Once again, I've never said Matt was a liar. If you read back through the saga you'll see that I re-evaluated my earlier position and adjusted it accordingly once I spent a little more time considering available evidence and information. All I did was wait until I had time to process the information before I just blindly agreed with something.

I don't run "skeered" from anyone Tyburn, least of all a bunch of names on a message board.. As I've explained already, I take a little time to evaluate things away from the heat of the argument. That's something you might consider, rather than just jumping in, launching personal attacks and running off at the mouth long before you have any real idea of what's actually going on.

You seem to be well beyond understanding anything that's going on here, and you apparently think you have a lock on history based on your own viewpoints. That's fine, you're entitled to your opinions and I don't have a problem with it.

I have to say though, as a board moderator you're not setting much of an example with your own willingness to ignore the rules and engage in personal attacks and namecalling in direct violation of established forum rules.

NateR
02-05-2009, 09:12 PM

Well, firstly, no one is forcing you to come here. So the comparison doesn't fit.

If we really wanted to "silence" him, then we could just ban him and that would be it. The fact that he is still here and allowed to post shoots your argument out of the water completely. (Hopefully, none of the mods have banned him while I'm typing this. :unsure-1: )

Besides, I've made a few really close friends here on the forums over the last three years and Mac is one of them. Mac and Matt (and Mark) have also developed a really strong friendship over the last couple of years.

So what you are basically seeing here is friends sticking up for each other, not some kind of Nazi state. In fact, it really doesn't give a good impression of your intelligence level if you can't make that distinction.

Tyburn
:blink: WTF...am I surrounded by History Graduates or something :laugh: well that was the U.S.'s dumb fault because we dint support Ho Chi min because at that time they were under the control of the french sooooo ho chi min went to the commies and they were more than glad to help them out so realy we kinda started that war all because of egotistical politicians

Jason 16

humm I thought he did... I knew it was around only well 25 to 35 % I thought he won because the population was devided up on who they were voteing for between 20 some people

Tyburn
02-05-2009, 09:13 PM
absolutely, in 1932 against Hindenburg, hitler received only 30 percent of the vote, but because hindenburg only had 49(not majority), a runoff election ensued in which hitler raised his total percent to 36, but Hindenburg still won, Hindenburg announce Papen as Chancellor, but chaos ensued, Hindenburg later appointed Scleicher(sp?), who 2 months later resigned, thus forcing(under Nazi threats and violence) to appoint Adolf Hitler as Chancellor in 1933.....If you would like a source, it is "The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich", great book, long, but if you are in any way interested in the Nazi Reich, it is absolutely great, I read it back in high school around sophomore year, but I still remember most of it
:unsure-1: and I thought I knew a lot about Nazi Germany...I feel like the Americans know more about Europe then I do :laugh:

medic92
02-05-2009, 09:14 PM
your welcome . and i call a spade a spade , or a dumbass a dumbass , which ever i feel fits better, you take it from there.

Well that's fine. Hopefully you were looking in the mirror when you said the word "dumbass". Just to make sure you're calling a spade a spade. :rolleyes:

bradwright
02-05-2009, 09:14 PM
absolutely, in 1932 against Hindenburg, hitler received only 30 percent of the vote, but because hindenburg only had 49(not majority), a runoff election ensued in which hitler raised his total percent to 36, but Hindenburg still won, Hindenburg announce Papen as Chancellor, but chaos ensued, Hindenburg later appointed Scleicher(sp?), who 2 months later resigned, thus forcing(under Nazi threats and violence) to appoint Adolf Hitler as Chancellor in 1933

it sounds about right to me,,:wink:

matthughesfan21
02-05-2009, 09:16 PM

I have it that they won the ellection in 1933 with 43% but the problem was the Nazi Party and the Germanic Socialists were trying to form a coelition Government, and needed almost an absolute majority to win in that respect.

So he had the Government dissolved, they called a new ellection, and thats when he started to make it impossible, like burning the building where the ellections were supposed to be. THEN Von Hindenburg died and Hitler proclaimed there was no need for an Ellection LOLsorry Dave, but your a little off, yes the Reichstag did burn, a fire blamed on the commies but thought to have been a setup by the Nazis in order to get the government to follow some of the wants of the nazis....Hitler never WON an election, but his political pressure and violent threats forced his Chancellory appointment, and upon Hindenburg's death, he took advantage and seized control....

On August 2, 1934, Hindenburg died, and the title of president was abolished. Hitler’s title became Fuehrer and Reich Chancellor. Not surprisingly, he used the initial four-year “temporary” grant of emergency powers that had been given to him by the Enabling Act to consolidate his omnipotent control over the entire country.

Jason 16
02-05-2009, 09:16 PM
Oh, I see. You have to be European to know anything about history? Nicely elitist of you.

LOL thats what I was thinking I just dint feel like posting anything because (I hope ) dave was jokeing you were right

matthughesfan21
02-05-2009, 09:18 PM
humm I thought he did... I knew it was around only well 25 to 35 % I thought he won because the population was devided up on who they were voteing for between 20 some people
they voted for 4 guys in the intial election and in the runoff only 3, but even though hitler gained more votes, Hindenburg got 53 percent, thus giving him the majority he needed

matthughesfan21
02-05-2009, 09:19 PM
:unsure-1: and I thought I knew a lot about Nazi Germany...I feel like the Americans know more about Europe then I do :laugh:
I'm fascinated by WWII especially The third reich, so I study up

btw, what does being european have anything to do with it, does europe have better access to records on Nazi germany then the United States?

Mac
02-05-2009, 09:19 PM
Well that's fine. Hopefully you were looking in the mirror when you said the word "dumbass". Just to make sure you're calling a spade a spade. :rolleyes:

Honestly im enjoying this. I mean cmon , i dont claim to be really slick with the comebacks but you seriously need some help in that department, " I hope you were looking in the mirro" ? If you start your next post out with " Im Rubber your glue" i give up. It sounds like youve had a rough day on the monkey bars , maybe Scott Farcus shook you down for your milk money who knows ? Did the cute girl behind you put bazooka joe in your hair again ?

medic92
02-05-2009, 09:20 PM
Nate, I have no problem with friends sticking up for friends. I also have no problem with people disagreeing with me, nor do I have a problem with defending myself on here when I have an opinion or position that leaves me in a minority. No big deal.

I have to question, however, your willingness to let continued personal attacks from other members and even board moderators stand in direct violation of the forum rules. Some of those attacks, while not as pointed as others, are even from you yourself.

I'm willing to stand and argue my points, and when I said I'd leave if that was your position, you clarified it and I was happy with it. Now it would be nice if the bandwagon jumpers could lay off the personal attacks. If you really want this to descend into a flame war, I can deal with that. Just make sure the rules are enforced equally and I'll be happy to engage those who choose to bolster their lack of salient points by namecalling and attacking me.

Jason 16
02-05-2009, 09:22 PM
:blink: WTF...am I surrounded by History Graduates or something :laugh:

No there is no money in being a history grad thats why I want to go for mechanical engineering then to research and development.

medic92
02-05-2009, 09:22 PM
Honestly im enjoying this. I mean cmon , i dont claim to be really slick with the comebacks but you seriously need some help in that department, " I hope you were looking in the mirro" ?

Well it's not exactly a fair fight! You're a supermod and I'm a regular posting-type guy! I can more than hold my own, I promise.

If you start your next post out with " Im Rubber your glue" i give up. It sounds like youve had a rough day on the monkey bars , maybe Scott Farcus shook you down for your milk money who knows ? Did the cute girl behind you put bazooka joe in your hair again ?

No, I've actually had a great day.

If we want to throw the rules out, I'll be happy to cut loose. That way we can both have fun! :)

matthughesfan21
02-05-2009, 09:24 PM
No there is no money in being a history grad thats why I want to go for mechanical engineering then to research and development.
exactly, if there was money there, that would be my major possibly, my major now takes a lot of time and devotion, so I don't think a minor in history would be possible, but I do plan on taking classes in it, I am in a post civil war american history class now, we will discuss the Nazis, just more from the american perspective at the time

Mac
02-05-2009, 09:25 PM
Nate, I have no problem with friends sticking up for friends. I also have no problem with people disagreeing with me, nor do I have a problem with defending myself on here when I have an opinion or position that leaves me in a minority. No big deal.

I have to question, however, your willingness to let continued personal attacks from other members and even board moderators stand in direct violation of the forum rules. Some of those attacks, while not as pointed as others, are even from you yourself.

I'm willing to stand and argue my points, and when I said I'd leave if that was your position, you clarified it and I was happy with it. Now it would be nice if the bandwagon jumpers could lay off the personal attacks. If you really want this to descend into a flame war, I can deal with that. Just make sure the rules are enforced equally and I'll be happy to engage those who choose to bolster their lack of salient points by namecalling and attacking me.

For a dumbass your fairly eloquent with your words.:tongue0011: :frantics:

seriously im laughing . Ok OK Ok ill stop . Nate will be mad at me but i couldnt help it .

Im going to step away now.:rolleyes:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Jason 16
02-05-2009, 09:27 PM
I'm fascinated by WWII especially The third reich, so I study up

btw, what does being european have anything to do with it, does europe have better access to records on Nazi germany then the United States?

I just have a very good basic understanding on basicly every major thing in history (I love history) I dint realy study the elections down to the small details or realy nazi germany but I still know a lot I think

Tyburn
02-05-2009, 09:28 PM
1) Oh, I see. You have to be European to know anything about history? Nicely elitist of you.

2) I never said he wasn't elected democratically. Take a look at what the Nazi regime became over time Tyburn, and try to think before you accuse someone else of being a fool just because you don't understand the reference.

3) Once again, I've never said Matt was a liar. If you read back through the saga you'll see that I re-evaluated my earlier position and adjusted it accordingly once I spent a little more time considering available evidence and information. All I did was wait until I had time to process the information before I just blindly agreed with something.

4) I don't run "skeered" from anyone Tyburn, least of all a bunch of names on a message board.. As I've explained already, I take a little time to evaluate things away from the heat of the argument. That's something you might consider, rather than just jumping in, launching personal attacks and running off at the mouth long before you have any real idea of what's actually going on.

5) You seem to be well beyond understanding anything that's going on here, and you apparently think you have a lock on history based on your own viewpoints. That's fine, you're entitled to your opinions and I don't have a problem with it.

I have to say though, as a board moderator you're not setting much of an example with your own willingness to ignore the rules and engage in personal attacks and namecalling in direct violation of established forum rules.
1) Now you know how Europe feels :laugh:
2) Erm, care to expand on which particular Nazi Officials you are refering to.
3) You were Rude to Nathan, you were disrespectful to Hughes IMHO...but I did warn you that I take Loyalty very seriously.
4) when I want Advice, you will know, because I'll ask for it. If I dont care to ask you of your opinion, I probably dont wish to know. Leaving your Email address for further contact...doesnt sound like just stepping back to me.
5) I'll admit I may have been ignorant of certain details, but I love this place, I mean REALLY love this place. Its like my online home, and you DARE to insult it by cheaply likening it to Nazi Germany, you DARE to refer to Nathan as though he were Hitler...Sorry but you provoked me. An attack on one of my friends, is an attack on myself. If you piss on one of my friends...dont expect me to sit back and watch...I wont do it. You should appologise for the Nazi Comments, and you deserve to be ashamed for it.
6) Medic, do you have any idea how many people have tried to tell me how to do my voluntary job on this forum in the almost two years I've been doing it?

I am usually harmless, but I wont stand by whilst someone like you attacks most seriously, someone whom I am loyal to. You brought this on yourself, because you just wouldnt let it go. my Patience in finite, and you were begining to reach the end of it.

You had basically told us that you dissagreed with Hughes, you insinuated that he by default was telling lies. Then you called one of my friends a Nazi, and you bassically told all the board that the hard working, and voluntary Moderators on this board were equivilent to the Third Reich. You went on about swareing alligence, and at that point I had to make up my mind which side I was on, because you had migrated from debate into an attack against a place I value deeply.

matthughesfan21
02-05-2009, 09:28 PM
I just have a very good basic understanding on basicly every major thing in history (I love history) I dint realy study the elections down to the small details or realy nazi germany but I still know a lot I thinkI didn't really study the election details either, but when you read a 900 page book, it kinda sticks haha:laugh:

foggy
02-05-2009, 09:32 PM
I have some awsome pictures i photoshopped above my bed , they have gsp's head on play girl centerfolds. And nooooooooooooooooooooooooo i know what your thinking, my boyfriend doesnt get mad.

Tyburn
02-05-2009, 09:32 PM
exactly, if there was money there, that would be my major possibly, my major now takes a lot of time and devotion, so I don't think a minor in history would be possible, but I do plan on taking classes in it, I am in a post civil war american history class now, we will discuss the Nazis, just more from the american perspective at the time
Well you two have impressed me very much tonight :w00t: We really should start up a thread and talk about the war...I feel there is much I may be able to learn.

I had always been taught Hitler was democratically ellected. I understand where thats come from, but I also see how it wasnt really an ellection and certainly not a democratic one.

VCURamFan
02-05-2009, 09:33 PM
Is your name supposed to describe your state of mind? You've gotta be one of the dumbest trolls ever.

matthughesfan21
02-05-2009, 09:33 PM
:)why are you here? you are obviously in no way shape or form a fan of Matt, you are here to troll, that is not needed

matthughesfan21
02-05-2009, 09:35 PM
Well you two have impressed me very much tonight :w00t: We really should start up a thread and talk about the war...I feel there is much I may be able to learn.

I had always been taught Hitler was democratically ellected. I understand where thats come from, but I also see how it wasnt really an ellection and certainly not a democratic one.start it up if you want, but I won't be hear much tonight, I gotta an intramural meeting in 30 minutes, an athletic training meeting in 1.5 hours...and then I gotta kill some nazis in COD tonight:laugh:

Tyburn
02-05-2009, 09:35 PM
sorry Dave, but your a little off, yes the Reichstag did burn, a fire blamed on the commies but thought to have been a setup by the Nazis in order to get the government to follow some of the wants of the nazis....Hitler never WON an election, but his political pressure and violent threats forced his Chancellory appointment, and upon Hindenburg's death, he took advantage and seized control....

On August 2, 1934, Hindenburg died, and the title of president was abolished. Hitler’s title became Fuehrer and Reich Chancellor. Not surprisingly, he used the initial four-year “temporary” grant of emergency powers that had been given to him by the Enabling Act to consolidate his omnipotent control over the entire country.
:ninja: Yes, ive just read about the Enabling Act :laugh:

Tyburn
02-05-2009, 09:36 PM
and then I gotta kill some nazis in COD tonight:laugh:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

matthughesfan21
02-05-2009, 09:36 PM
:ninja: Yes, ive just read about the Enabling Act :laugh:

glad I could be of some assistance :wink:

internationalharvester
02-05-2009, 09:39 PM

I had always been taught Hitler was democratically ellected. I understand where thats come from, but I also see how it wasnt really an ellection and certainly not a democratic one.

if you think thats impressive look up the similarities between Hitler and Napolean, they will blow your mind

Jason 16
02-05-2009, 09:43 PM
start it up if you want, but I won't be hear much tonight, I gotta an intramural meeting in 30 minutes, an athletic training meeting in 1.5 hours...and then I gotta kill some nazis in COD tonight:laugh:

um what was your gamer tag

foggy
02-05-2009, 09:44 PM
why are you here? you are obviously in no way shape or form a fan of Matt, you are here to troll, that is not needed

im not smart

Jason 16
02-05-2009, 09:48 PM
dont worry just every one is well umm up tight if you havent seen
not like this argument thread went from 2 pages to 13 in 2 hours or so

Jason 16
02-05-2009, 09:49 PM
im not smart

why did you change your post? (I saw that:tongue0011: )

foggy
02-05-2009, 09:57 PM
I didn't...

Did you change yours?

Jason 16
02-05-2009, 10:00 PM
I didn't...

Did you change yours?

yes I did and so did you .....calm down

foggy
02-05-2009, 10:05 PM
As far as trolling...

I didn't say anything disrespectful about Hughes or GSP. I've been watching the UFC and Hughes for just as long as any of you on here if not longer. I've rooted for Hughes in the past many time and I think he was a dominant WW champ for his time. I think some day you could say the same about GSP, and people are bound to make comparisons. Who cares?! The UFC has evolved over the past couple of years. Did everyone bitch and moan when Gracie lost to Hughes?

I'm a fan of Matt Hughes, but he isn't my idol and I don't worship him (like some here apparently do).

I bet this post will get edited with something cute also...

foggy
02-05-2009, 10:07 PM
yes I did and so did you .....calm down

I'm pretty sure I didn't.

It must have been one of the mods.

It doesn't really bother me. There is no rule that says that he/she can't do what she pleases. I'd say if it's making his/her day that much better... go for it!

medic92
02-05-2009, 10:07 PM
Ok, there's a lot to go through here and I don't have a ton of time, but I'll attempt to explain myself a little better.

1) Now you know how Europe feels :laugh:

When did I ever disparage Europe?

2) Erm, care to expand on which particular Nazi Officials you are refering to.

I was referring to what I perceived to be Nate's attitude, that if anyone dared to voice a point of view contrary to what he thought was the proper opinion of whatever Matt said, they were posers and not true fans.

3) You were Rude to Nathan, you were disrespectful to Hughes IMHO...but I did warn you that I take Loyalty very seriously.

I voiced my opinion on a matter, as most everyone here does. If it came across as rude, that's a perception I can't keep you from having. I try to disagree respectfully with people here, although it doesn't seem like that's a two-way street by any stretch. I don't really see how I was disrespectful to Matt Hughes, but once again I'm not in control of your perceptions. That's your opinion and I disagree, but it wouldn't be much of a discussion forum if everyone agreed on everything. Furthermore, I'm glad you take loyalty very seriously, but it should be given with open eyes rather than blind obeisance without regard to actual events or facts.

4) when I want Advice, you will know, because I'll ask for it. If I dont care to ask you of your opinion, I probably dont wish to know. Leaving your Email address for further contact...doesnt sound like just stepping back to me.

Leaving my email address was my way of saying if Nate wanted to discuss something further without clogging the board with posts such as this, I was still available to discuss and clarify my opinions and points. As for whether you ask for an opinion or not, this forum exists for voicing opinions.

5) I'll admit I may have been ignorant of certain details, but I love this place, I mean REALLY love this place. Its like my online home, and you DARE to insult it by cheaply likening it to Nazi Germany, you DARE to refer to Nathan as though he were Hitler...Sorry but you provoked me. An attack on one of my friends, is an attack on myself. If you piss on one of my friends...dont expect me to sit back and watch...I wont do it. You should appologise for the Nazi Comments, and you deserve to be ashamed for it.

I dared to question Nate's comments calling anyone who disagreed with his opinion or Matt's opinions as "posers" and not real fans. I took exception to it and questioned it.

No need to apologize for feeling provoked, if that's what you use to justify making personal attacks, I hope it makes you feel better. I certainly understand you feeling insulted and feeling the need to defend yourself, your friends and your fights, but it's also possible to do so without the attacks. It leaves you appearing small-minded and weakens your position.

As for apologizing for anything other than calling Hizo a brown-noser, it's not going to happen. I'm entitled to my opinion just as you are, and the idea that I have to apologize for questioning Nate's position and voicing my displeasure with my perception of his comments is patently ridiculous.

6) Medic, do you have any idea how many people have tried to tell me how to do my voluntary job on this forum in the almost two years I've been doing it?

As someone who has administrated and moderated various message boards over the years, yeah I've got a good idea of how many people have tried to tell you how to do your job. Which is why I didn't. All I did was suggest that you might want to set a better example as a moderator. It's difficult to enforce rules when you show little or no regard for the very rules you're tasked with enforcing and violate them whenever you feel "provoked".

I am usually harmless, but I wont stand by whilst someone like you attacks most seriously, someone whom I am loyal to. You brought this on yourself, because you just wouldnt let it go. my Patience in finite, and you were begining to reach the end of it.

What did I bring on myself? A bunch of personal attacks from people who still don't have a full grasp of what I was saying? That's no big deal and you do what you feel you should do. It doesn't bother me and frankly, you're not intimidating, scaring or cowing me in any way. I'm sorry your patience is so finite and you feel you have to express it with personal attacks, but in the big scheme of things it's really not much more than a fart in a whirlwind. I'm not going to lose any sleep, the sun will still rise tomorrow, and my life will still be just as happy and fulfilling as it was before this entire saga began. :)

You had basically told us that you dissagreed with Hughes, you insinuated that he by default was telling lies. Then you called one of my friends a Nazi, and you bassically told all the board that the hard working, and voluntary Moderators on this board were equivilent to the Third Reich. You went on about swareing alligence, and at that point I had to make up my mind which side I was on, because you had migrated from debate into an attack against a place I value deeply.

I also stepped back from that initial opinion, re-evaluated it and adjusted it accordingly. I guess you missed that part.

I never attacked this forum, I simply told you what my perception was and said if that was the way it was, I didn't want to be a part of it. That perception has been attacked, dissected and explained ad nauseum, as I have also tried to explain my position and reasoning. People have misread, misunderstood and misrepresented what I was saying and attacked me for my opinions repeatedly. The fact that many of those personal attacks were perpetrated by the very people tasked with preventing and stopping these attacks says more about your integrity than I could ever say. But that's for you to worry about, not me.

I'll just keep going on, talking MMA when it happens to come up on these forums and not taking anything from anyone too seriously. Hopefully, you'll be able to do the same and I can only hope you'll be able to step back and gain some perspective before your next post to me. With any luck, you'll even be able to reply to this without violating the rules of the forum that you're supposed to enforce. Good luck with that.

Jason 16
02-05-2009, 10:08 PM
As far as trolling...

I didn't say anything disrespectful about Hughes or GSP. I've been watching the UFC and Hughes for just as long as any of you on here if not longer. I've rooted for Hughes in the past many time and I think he was a dominant WW champ for his time. I think some day you could say the same about GSP, and people are bound to make comparisons. Who cares?! The UFC has evolved over the past couple of years. Did everyone bitch and moan when Gracie lost to Hughes?

I'm a fan of Matt Hughes, but he isn't my idol and I don't worship him (like some here apparently do).

O it got edited not suprised I dont think I could go through this once more if it starts up.

Mac
02-05-2009, 10:13 PM
[QUOTE=medic92]Ok, there's a lot to go through here and I don't have a ton of time, but I'll attempt to explain myself a little better.

QUOTE]

man , with as much stepping back and fourth as you do , your carpet has to be wore out . I bet our wife thinks you have mental problems , all i can picture is this goonie lookin fella staring at his computer , walking straight back , and then walking back up to the desk , walking backwards , and then walking back forward.

Seriously , youll laugh if you think about it.

Jason 16
02-05-2009, 10:13 PM
Iam just suprised this thread isnt getting taken down like all the others like on the old forum

Primadawn
02-05-2009, 10:17 PM

Wow. That sounds suspiciously like "I know you are, but what am I?"!

medic92
02-05-2009, 10:17 PM
man , with as much stepping back and fourth as you do , your carpet has to be wore out . I bet our wife thinks you have mental problems , all i can picture is this goonie lookin fella staring at his computer , walking straight back , and then walking back up to the desk , walking backwards , and then walking back forward.

Seriously , youll laugh if you think about it.

Yeah, it's a funny mental image. :)

Seriously, the "stepping back" is figurative. It means I get away from the thread and get away from the emotional aspect of it where I'm more inclined to respond with a counter-attack rather than an actual rational response. I'm just trying not to bog the thread down into a complete brawl, which tends to get non-moderators edited, suspended and banned.

And my wife thought I had mental problems LONG before I started posting here. :wink:

NateR
02-05-2009, 10:18 PM
As far as trolling...

None of us here worship Matt, we just like to defend him from punks who don't know anything.

However, it's clear that you worship GSP, so whatever.

NateR
02-05-2009, 10:23 PM
Iam just suprised this thread isnt getting taken down like all the others like on the old forum

Which threads are you talking about? No threads on this topic have been deleted. A lot of them were merged, but nothing deleted.

If you're talking about the old forums, well there was a problem when switching servers and we lost a lot of data, so it wasn't possible to continue with the old forums. Matt liked the idea of leveling the playing field and having everyone start over, so he purchased the license himself and I set up these new forums.

So, what are you insinuating?

If you really don't like the way that things are run around here, then you're free to leave at anytime. I can guarantee that no one will miss you.:laugh:

NateR
02-05-2009, 10:30 PM
Did everyone bitch and moan when Gracie lost to Hughes?

I missed this until I reread your post, but you have no idea how bad it was on here after the Gracie fight. This is actually extremely calm in comparison.

Mac
02-05-2009, 10:33 PM
Guys , what Nate said earlier about frineds sticking up for friends , Thats exactly what my stance here is , i dont worship matt ,mark , nater ,or rintin tin. These guys are buddies of mine , and just like any of you would do , ill stand up for them. it doesnt put me in the best position all the time to be a moderator because ill choose friendship and pride over any of my mod duties. So when i see Nate or any of my friends getting drilled you can bet ill step in and do my best to draw the fire. The same goes for Matt , it wasnt a month ago i was sitting in his kitchen eating supper with him ,Audra ,Joey and Hannah, so you can bet when someone says something bad about the man im going to retaliate. And no , we didnt grow up in the same town or anything , we met right here on these forums that MATT PAYS FOR. So you might want to watch what you say around here because you will never understand the possabilities you are throwing away.

TexasRN
02-05-2009, 10:35 PM
Oh come on guys! I got on to folks earlier for name calling and now to make it fair to all I will just make a blanket threat: stop it with the name calling or I'll kick your a$$. Mac, you too. I'm not scared of you since you PMd me that you think I'm the coolest mod ever and that I'm your favorite of everyone here. :laugh:

~Amy

warriorlion
02-05-2009, 10:38 PM

So he had the Government dissolved, they called a new ellection, and thats when he started to make it impossible, like burning the building where the ellections were supposed to be. THEN Von Hindenburg died and Hitler proclaimed there was no need for an Ellection LOL

actually you are both right, Hitler was not technically voted into power in a standard election, he seized power after Von Hindenburg passed away, however there was a vote - when Hitler merged the two offices of Chancellor and President together, there was a vote to see if the German people approved the move by Hitler, and he recieved a 90% ja (yes) vote.

so you are both right.

But Dave is right that Medic doesnt seem to knw much about history, and the Nazi's. especially comparing it to this forum.

medic92
02-05-2009, 10:40 PM
Guys , what Nate said earlier about frineds sticking up for friends , Thats exactly what my stance here is , i dont worship matt ,mark , nater ,or rintin tin. These guys are buddies of mine , and just like any of you would do , ill stand up for them. it doesnt put me in the best position all the time to be a moderator because ill choose friendship and pride over any of my mod duties. So when i see Nate or any of my friends getting drilled you can bet ill step in and do my best to draw the fire. The same goes for Matt , it wasnt a month ago i was sitting in his kitchen eating supper with him ,Audra ,Joey and Hannah, so you can bet when someone says something bad about the man im going to retaliate. And no , we didnt grow up in the same town or anything , we met right here on these forums that MATT PAYS FOR. So you might want to watch what you say around here because you will never understand the possabilities you are throwing away.

I understand completely that you all jump to each others' defense. I don't mind, like I said before I absolutely love a good argument. I'm just trying to adhere to the rules of the site and trying to maintain decorum rather than descend into a flame war. It's all good and it's fun in it's own respect.

I have no hard feelings toward anyone and hope that goes both ways.

matthughesfan21
02-05-2009, 10:45 PM
actually you are both right, Hitler was not technically voted into power in a standard election, he seized power after Von Hindenburg passed away, however there was a vote - when Hitler merged the two offices of Chancellor and President together, there was a vote to see if the German people approved the move by Hitler, and he recieved a 90% ja (yes) vote.

so you are both right.

But Dave is right that Medic doesnt seem to knw much about history, and the Nazi's. especially comparing it to this forum.hmm, I didn't know that, thanks though...the thing is, by the time that vote came into place, Hitler had military rule over the country and was imprisoning political opposition, so most of that 90% voted out of fear

TexasRN
02-05-2009, 10:47 PM
I understand completely that you all jump to each others' defense. I don't mind, like I said before I absolutely love a good argument. I'm just trying to adhere to the rules of the site and trying to maintain decorum rather than descend into a flame war. It's all good and it's fun in it's own respect.

I have no hard feelings toward anyone and hope that goes both ways.

I look at it like this: we can all be rational and debate things, even get heated and all do just fine with no personal attacks until someone insults family. And that's how the mods see Matt and each other. Even the most rational of adults will fight to the death when a family member is attacked.

Matt isn't just some regular fighter dude. He's different. It's why there's so much love and hate for him. Just look at this forum and you can see the difference. No other fighter has a place like this. They may have a website and even a forum but no one else has what we have here.

~Amy

warriorlion
02-05-2009, 10:53 PM
hmm, I didn't know that, thanks though...the thing is, by the time that vote came into place, Hitler had military rule over the country and was imprisoning political opposition, so most of that 90% voted out of fear

not sire about that, I think that the vote came before the imprisonment of opposition, the thing is that Hitler had Hindenburgs ear, and Hinderburg only opposed nazi ideas once, but then tere was SS persecution of jewish communities before hitler consolidated the offices. so there may have been an eliment of fear there as well.

You hae to remember that he was popular, Nazi party was Hitlers party he was head and by this time there were something in the region of 800,000 card carryting Nazi party members, and Hitler had gained the biggest seat the nazi's ever had, before losing out to hindenburg.

NateR
02-05-2009, 10:58 PM
I look at it like this: we can all be rational and debate things, even get heated and all do just fine with no personal attacks until someone insults family. And that's how the mods see Matt and each other. Even the most rational of adults will fight to the death when a family member is attacked.

Matt isn't just some regular fighter dude. He's different. It's why there's so much love and hate for him. Just look at this forum and you can see the difference. No other fighter has a place like this. They may have a website and even a forum but no one else has what we have here.

~Amy

Exactly, this place is different from all the other forums out there. Matt himself has even said that he's made friends on here that he will have for the rest of his life. Show me another MMA forum on the internet that can create such close ties with the fighter it represents.

As mentioned before, Matt pays for this site to exist, thus it is his property. Anything that you would NOT say to Matt's face, inside his house, surrounded by his family and friends, you do not say here. It's as simple as that.

medic92
02-05-2009, 11:00 PM

~Amy

I've heard all the reasons and I even understand them. It doesn't change the fact that the people who are tasked with the responsibility to enforce the rules have repeatedly violated those rules today. How can a moderator enforce the rules if they don't follow them?

medic92
02-05-2009, 11:02 PM
Exactly, this place is different from all the other forums out there. Matt himself has even said that he's made friends on here that he will have for the rest of his life. Show me another MMA forum on the internet that can create such close ties with the fighter it represents.

As mentioned before, Matt pays for this site to exist, thus it is his property. Anything that you would NOT say to Matt's face, inside his house, surrounded by his family and friends, you do not say here. It's as simple as that.

I never say anything here or anywhere else I wouldn't say to someone's face. I make no secret of who I am, where I am or how I can be reached. I'd be willing to bet, however, Matt would be a lot more gracious than the people here have been when someone disagreed or questioned him.

NateR
02-05-2009, 11:14 PM
I never say anything here or anywhere else I wouldn't say to someone's face. I make no secret of who I am, where I am or how I can be reached. I'd be willing to bet, however, Matt would be a lot more gracious than the people here have been when someone disagreed or questioned him.

Well, he would have to be wouldn't he? :wink:

TexasRN
02-05-2009, 11:15 PM
I've heard all the reasons and I even understand them. It doesn't change the fact that the people who are tasked with the responsibility to enforce the rules have repeatedly violated those rules today. How can a moderator enforce the rules if they don't follow them?

Cuz we're humans and have emotions so there will be times we aren't perfect. :) BUT, we will defend Matt and each other strongly and if that means that we end up with someone's sensitivities being hurt, so be it.

~Amy

warriorlion
02-05-2009, 11:18 PM

now that I disagree with, there has been some serious disrespect here, intentional or not, and its not all one sided, but I dont imagine that Matt Hughes would have that in his house at all, much the same as most people wouldnt. I for sure wouldnt. If people came into my house and were being as disrespectful as some of the posts on here tonight, grace would come in only to the point that I throw people out the door. The grace aspect - that I didnt cause serious damage first.

Tyburn
02-05-2009, 11:22 PM
1) When did I ever disparage Europe?

2) I was referring to what I perceived to be Nate's attitude, that if anyone dared to voice a point of view contrary to what he thought was the proper opinion of whatever Matt said, they were posers and not true fans.

3) I voiced my opinion on a matter, as most everyone here does. If it came across as rude, that's a perception I can't keep you from having. I try to disagree respectfully with people here, although it doesn't seem like that's a two-way street by any stretch.

4)I don't really see how I was disrespectful to Matt Hughes, but once again I'm not in control of your perceptions. That's your opinion and I disagree, but it wouldn't be much of a discussion forum if everyone agreed on everything.

5) Furthermore, I'm glad you take loyalty very seriously, but it should be given with open eyes rather than blind obeisance without regard to actual events or facts.

6) Leaving my email address was my way of saying if Nate wanted to discuss something further without clogging the board with posts such as this, I was still available to discuss and clarify my opinions and points.

7) As for whether you ask for an opinion or not, this forum exists for voicing opinions.

8) I dared to question Nate's comments calling anyone who disagreed with his opinion or Matt's opinions as "posers" and not real fans. I took exception to it and questioned it.

9) No need to apologize for feeling provoked, if that's what you use to justify making personal attacks, I hope it makes you feel better. I certainly understand you feeling insulted and feeling the need to defend yourself, your friends and your fights, but it's also possible to do so without the attacks. It leaves you appearing small-minded and weakens your position.

10) As for apologizing for anything other than calling Hizo a brown-noser, it's not going to happen. I'm entitled to my opinion just as you are, and the idea that I have to apologize for questioning Nate's position and voicing my displeasure with my perception of his comments is patently ridiculous.

11) As someone who has administrated and moderated various message boards over the years, yeah I've got a good idea of how many people have tried to tell you how to do your job. Which is why I didn't. All I did was suggest that you might want to set a better example as a moderator. It's difficult to enforce rules when you show little or no regard for the very rules you're tasked with enforcing and violate them whenever you feel "provoked".

12) What did I bring on myself? A bunch of personal attacks from people who still don't have a full grasp of what I was saying? That's no big deal and you do what you feel you should do. It doesn't bother me and frankly, you're not intimidating, scaring or cowing me in any way. I'm sorry your patience is so finite and you feel you have to express it with personal attacks, but in the big scheme of things it's really not much more than a fart in a whirlwind. I'm not going to lose any sleep, the sun will still rise tomorrow, and my life will still be just as happy and fulfilling as it was before this entire saga began. :)

13) I also stepped back from that initial opinion, re-evaluated it and adjusted it accordingly. I guess you missed that part.

14) I never attacked this forum, I simply told you what my perception was and said if that was the way it was,

15) I didn't want to be a part of it. That perception has been attacked, dissected and explained ad nauseum, as I have also tried to explain my position and reasoning. People have misread, misunderstood and misrepresented what I was saying and attacked me for my opinions repeatedly. The fact that many of those personal attacks were perpetrated by the very people tasked with preventing and stopping these attacks says more about your integrity than I could ever say. But that's for you to worry about, not me.

15) I'll just keep going on, talking MMA when it happens to come up on these forums and not taking anything from anyone too seriously. Hopefully, you'll be able to do the same and I can only hope you'll be able to step back and gain some perspective before your next post to me. With any luck, you'll even be able to reply to this without violating the rules of the forum that you're supposed to enforce. Good luck with that.
1) Everyone knows Americans are bigger and better...but Europe is older and wiser. Its a cultural part of America I think :)

2) Nathan is allowed his opinion is he not? If his definition of a fan is what you said, then thats how he is. That doesnt mean you have any right to refer to him as a Nazi...and my point about which one was that towards 1944 there was a big split between the SS and some of the original Nazi.

3) It wasnt so much your argument, as the way you spoke to Nathan. I am not Nathan, I have slightly different ideas on what I class as being loyal and what I think is just a critique....I didnt have much of an issue with you not sure about what Hughes said...but I DID have issue with your comments to Nathan after that.

4) Well you did seem to at one point insinuate that Matt was mistaken in his views about GSP...how would you know that? what did you base that on?

5) my loyalty is not blind. Thats why it takes a long time to form, and why very few people claim it. You seem to forget that I have met and spoken to Hughes, he isnt just some name or a face on TV. I have seen him at work on the farm, at his home, I have had meals with him. I feel like I KNOW him...therefore I believe what he says when he says something like that. I dont mean to be boastful...but you feel differently about someone when you've met them. He isnt a liar.

6) Nathan is the Webmaster...he probably has a means of getting in touch with you if he wanted to. I think if that were the case and you were serious you'dhave messaged him in private. I think you were angry and did it for impact. To send a statement out.

7) This board doesnt exist for you to question my abilities as a Moderator. Those were the opinions I was refering to.

8) What is it with you and your dislike of being called a "poser" we get many fake and fairweather fans here and its annoying, because this is NOT primarily an MMA forum, its got a Dedication to a Specific Fighter.

9) Only as small minded as the person who creats the attack in the first place. I will defend those who I feel are my friends. What you think of me is inconsequential. I have to value the person before I value their opinion of me, if that makes sense. I'm usually only hurt by those closest to me for that reason. I bearly even remember posting with you in the past, so if you think I'm small minded...well it doesnt bother me.

10) I didnt ask you to appologise for dissagreeing with Nathan...I asked you to appologise for calling him a Nazi. Which you bassically did in rather a lot of detail. something about an alligence I seem to recall.

11) Thats lovely, but you are not a Moderator here. You dont know how often and how much time some of us put into this site. You bearly even post here regularly compared to some. You have no right to voice your opinion on matters which, quite frankly have absolutely nothing to do with you. I'd thank you kindly for keeping those to yourself in future.

12) Who are you trying to convince?

13) You dont pay attention to my biggest gripe against those with little Loyalty. Whats worse then being disloyal?...being fickle :laugh:

14) The majority of this forum will recognise what you said as an Attack, the majority on this forum are wellaware of my integrity and the morals of the Moderating team. Those who have posted and lurked day in and day out for years have seen ALOT worse then this. This is absolutely nothing compared to times past, disptutes, factions and schisms. Noone is honnestly gonna remember this episode this time next week. Sorry to dissapoint you.

15) but you do want to be a part of it, back you come for more, and you add little smart alec responses to the ends of your paragraphs like little jabs in a verbal sparring match, challenging me to respond with "good luck with that" But there is no comparison to sparring with someone like you, in this manner (which I havent done in...months on this site to this extent) and verbal sparring like I did everyday for months with Andreas.

He truely is the Fedor of Verbal Sparring, and he's witty, and clever and dastidly and underminding...he doesnt take half an hour to respond...rather then a few shots and then hug the body for an hour until the ref can separate it...he's all combinations...we used to be engaged for HOURS EVERY DAY....the Forum patrons saw everything of me through those times...this is nothing they havent seen before, we're comparing a korma to a vindaloo....you are the Korma You show potential, but your a bit to blunt and obvious, abit like wild haymakers which I just need to take a side step to avoid. Raw tallent...but its raw, and I am no coach

bradwright
02-05-2009, 11:34 PM
Wow Tyburn,,after that you must be a little tired,,maybe you should take a little nap.:sleep:

TexasRN
02-05-2009, 11:35 PM
Wow Tyburn,,after that you must be a little tired,,maybe you should take a little nap.:sleep:

Hahahaha....that's nothing for Dave.

~Amy

Tyburn
02-05-2009, 11:37 PM
:laugh: I still got twentyfive mins on the clock until bed.

I say this evening I was gonna write an artical and for the first time in months...I've been on this forum sparring all night. Fantastic :w00t:

I hope nobody spotted the odd bit of ring rust :unsure-1: like my Hitler Ellection faux pas :sad:

TexasRN
02-05-2009, 11:43 PM

Yep, he's stuck with me as a friend whether he likes it or not. I'm too lazy to become a true stalker but I can follow him around when there's nothing interesting on tv.

~Amy

Spiritwalker
02-05-2009, 11:51 PM
Remember that Matt basically took this fight on short notice to replace an cowardly Serra.

Fixed it fer ya Nate..

VCURamFan
02-05-2009, 11:53 PM
I hope nobody spotted the odd bit of ring rust :unsure-1: like my Hitler Ellection faux pas :sad:I was wondering about that. Usually you'd do a quick wiki check first!:frantics:

Tyburn
02-05-2009, 11:56 PM
Yep, he's stuck with me as a friend whether he likes it or not. I'm too lazy to become a true stalker but I can follow him around when there's nothing interesting on tv.

~Amy
I'm his friend aswell :w00t:

did I ever tell you that he countersigned all my travellers cheques when the bank wouldnt cash them for me without me holding an account...they bassically needed an account holder to act as my guarentuer. Me and Nathan were like :huh: when they wouldnt cash these cheques, they kept asking me if I had an account with them...I kept saying, no, sorry i'm English, from England :unsure-1: Travellers cheques are supposed to be redeemable anywhere...soooo we returned to Nathans place and I was like. :cry: because I needed the money to buy gifts for my family and for like the rest of the trip...and Matt comes round and he's like ":mellow: Right! we're going to the bank, come on :wink: " and I was like "er...okay :scared0015: " so then he was like "we'll be back soon Nathan:ninja: " and nathan was like "uh yeah I guess :blink: " sooooo...I went with Matt...on my own, to the bank, and...I was like to be honnest a little nervous in the car...well it was more like an offroad truck thing...coz sometimes I say foolish things...and its like...didnt wanna accidently say something dumbass whilst I was alone with him :unsure-1:

Anyway...so we got there, and went into the bank, and they explained the same situation to him, thats when he talked to them about counter-signing...they aggreed to it...then you had this bizzare transaction where...I got out my cheques and had to sign each one as the account holder, then I had to pass each cheque to Matt and he had to sign to vouch for me, then he passed them to the desk which cashed them and gave him the money...then he gave the money back to me :cool:

sorry...for..well ranting...but I've never forgotten that, it was such an act of kindness when I needed it most, and he never thought twice to who he was vouching for....you know...I mean I'm an honnest guy...but we'd never met before being on the forum...its generosity that so many would withhold out of fear of their own reputation...you know...what if the cheques had been counterfit?? how well did Matt really know me?? He's not a liar, and his Forum is not run like the Third Reich and...i'll always react like this when someone decides to be mean to him or this place. He doesnt deserve it...HEY I think to cap this off I should include the video I made to celebrate his last Birthday its called "What Matt Hughes has done for me" or something like that :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjc8FDA6G9g

Tyburn
02-05-2009, 11:58 PM
I was wondering about that. Usually you'd do a quick wiki check first!:frantics:
:mellow: Wiki? I soooo never do... :unsure-1:

unfortunatley I didnt check the statistics until someone specifically asked...by which time it was tooooooo late :unsure:

VCURamFan
02-05-2009, 11:58 PM

did I ever tell you that he countersigned all my travellers cheques when the bank wouldnt cash them for me without me holding an account...they bassically needed an account holder to act as my guarentuer. Me and Nathan were like :huh: when they wouldnt cash these cheques, they kept asking me if I had an account with them...I kept saying, no, sorry i'm English, from England :unsure-1: Travellers cheques are supposed to be redeemable anywhere...soooo we returned to Nathans place and I was like. :cry: because I needed the money to buy gifts for my family and for like the rest of the trip...and Matt comes round and he's like ":mellow: Right! we're going to the bank, come on :wink: " and I was like "er...okay :scared0015: " so then he was like "we'll be back soon Nathan:ninja: " and nathan was like "uh yeah I guess :blink: " sooooo...I went with Matt...on my own, to the bank, and...I was like to be honnest a little nervous in the car...well it was more like an offroad truck thing...coz sometimes I say foolish things...and its like...didnt wanna accidently say something dumbass whilst I was alone with him :unsure-1:

Anyway...so we got there, and went into the bank, and they explained the same situation to him, thats when he talked to them about counter-signing...they aggreed to it...then you had this bizzare transaction where...I got out my cheques and had to sign each one as the account holder, then I had to pass each cheque to Matt and he had to sign to vouch for me, then he passed them to the desk which cashed them and gave him the money...then he gave the money back to me :cool:

sorry...for..well ranting...but I've never forgotten that, it was such an act of kindness when I needed it most, and he never thought twice to who he was vouching for....you know...I mean I'm an honnest guy...but we'd never met before being on the forum...its generosity that so many would withhold out of fear of their own reputation...you know...what if the cheques had been counterfit?? how well did Matt really know me?? He's not a liar, and his Forum is not run like the Third Reich and...i'll always react like this when someone decides to be mean to him or this place. He doesnt deserve it...HEY I think to cap this off I should include the video I made to celebrate his last Birthday its called "What Matt Hughes has done for me" or something like that :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjc8FDA6G9gHahaha, and there go your 25 minutes!

TexasRN
02-06-2009, 12:04 AM

Matt is such a fun guy to be around. I wish ya'll could have seen more of his visit to the Intrepid Center.

~Amy

bradwright
02-06-2009, 12:08 AM

now its off to bed.nighty night.

Tyburn
02-06-2009, 12:15 AM
Hahaha, and there go your 25 minutes!
:laugh: and 20 mins more...and it 1.15am guys I must bid you all a pleasent evening and crash.

I'll be back for Medic in the morrow :ninja:

SteveT
02-06-2009, 12:23 AM
Everytime someone asks George about Matt's comments (ie the fitch fight was boring) they always paraphrase what Matt said in a way that is completely inaccurate. Matt was very clear that he didn't think the outcome of any of those fights would have been different.
This is one reason I freaking HATE sherdog, sometimes. They create alot of this drama.

exactly...I was thinking the same thing Llama. Matt has clearly stated that he didn't think the outcome of the fight would be any different, but nobody seems to read that portion of his comments.

matthughesfan21
02-06-2009, 12:29 AM
not sire about that, I think that the vote came before the imprisonment of opposition, the thing is that Hitler had Hindenburgs ear, and Hinderburg only opposed nazi ideas once, but then tere was SS persecution of jewish communities before hitler consolidated the offices. so there may have been an eliment of fear there as well.

You hae to remember that he was popular, Nazi party was Hitlers party he was head and by this time there were something in the region of 800,000 card carryting Nazi party members, and Hitler had gained the biggest seat the nazi's ever had, before losing out to hindenburg.
immediately following the reichstag fire, they implemented Shutzhaft(sp?) which allowed them to take anybody into protective custody(arrest) without charging them or setting a trial...at this same time they also had the power to imprison people for political crimes, and the court consisted of nazi leaders...so you could imagine that even people innocent of true crimes could still very easily been charged depending on how the judges felt, and even the ones released sometimes were still rounded up and sent to CC camps by the gestapo

bradwright
02-06-2009, 12:39 AM
immediately following the reichstag fire, they implemented Shutzhaft(sp?) which allowed them to take anybody into protective custody(arrest) without charging them or setting a trial...at this same time they also had the power to imprison people for political crimes, and the court consisted of nazi leaders...so you could imagine that even people innocent of true crimes could still very easily been charged depending on how the judges felt, and even the ones released sometimes were still rounded up and sent to CC camps by the gestapo

Somebody better wake Dave up,,:laugh:

mikthehick
02-06-2009, 12:42 AM

word up my friend, ya hit that nail on the head :w00t:

In early 2008, I was just scrounging around the internet trying to find a nice forum. Sherdog was a joke, MMA playground seemed like it was for kids, Saturnfans.com had burned me out, and a host of others were just so so.

Sooo, I stumbled upon matt hughes here, and lo and behold, I decided to join up and give it a whirl. I had no idea a long time friend of mine was a mod, and once I started establishing relationships here, decided to meet another mod in SoCal while I was out there on a trip. I've made such awesome friends on here--lifetime friendships. I can't WAIT to meet more of ya in LV when MH kicks Matt Serra's butt.

Now I'm not as cool as Mac and all the mod gang, but I defo think this place has a mystic about it that grabs ya. It's not about the posts, or numbers of posts, but about the hearts and people behind the posts. Once you meet these people you will be friends for life. At least that's a hope :D

The end.:cool:

bradwright
02-06-2009, 12:45 AM

In early 2008, I was just scrounging around the internet trying to find a nice forum. Sherdog was a joke, MMA playground seemed like it was for kids, Saturnfans.com had burned me out, and a host of others were just so so.

Sooo, I stumbled upon matt hughes here, and lo and behold, I decided to join up and give it a whirl. I had no idea a long time friend of mine was a mod, and once I started establishing relationships here, decided to meet another mod in SoCal while I was out there on a trip. I've made such awesome friends on here--lifetime friendships. I can't WAIT to meet more of ya in LV when MH kicks Matt Serra's butt.

Now I'm not as cool as Mac and all the mod gang, but I defo think this place has a mystic about it that grabs ya. It's not about the posts, or numbers of posts, but about the hearts and people behind the posts. Once you meet these people you will be friends for life. At least that's a hope :D

thats all fine and good but did anybody get around to waking Dave up?

mikthehick
02-06-2009, 12:48 AM

eh, chill out. Dave has this 6th sense when something is posted that he wants to post to...

he'll get around to it.:wink:

TexasRN
02-06-2009, 12:48 AM

Oh he'll be on in the morning. Early morning. Besides, what if he sleeps in the nude?

~Amy

mikthehick
02-06-2009, 12:49 AM
Oh he'll be on in the morning. Early morning. Besides, what if he sleeps in the nude?

~Amy

amy I have croup cough and you are making me laugh!!!!!!:scared: :shocked:

bradwright
02-06-2009, 12:51 AM

~Amy

thats why i'm not waking him up,,dont want to take the chance.

Spiritwalker
02-06-2009, 12:56 AM

~Amy

Thanks babe.. I just spewed 7&7 all over my laptop.. do you know how hard it is to clean a laptop keyboard???

Mac
02-06-2009, 01:03 AM

LMFAO!!!!:laugh: :laugh:

Hughes_GOAT
02-06-2009, 02:48 AM

bingo

sasquatch
02-06-2009, 07:32 AM
This was a long read, thank you all for the entertainment.

KENTUCKYREDBONE
02-06-2009, 08:34 AM
Just my little 2 cents! I don't believe Mat would lie so if GSP felt greasy to him then I believe it! Now at this point I ain't ready to believe that GSP would deliberately cheat so I have to figure a way to reconcile those two thoughts! At the moment the grooming product that was mentioned by somebody on here is the best way I've found to do so.

Tyburn
02-06-2009, 12:44 PM
eh, chill out. Dave has this 6th sense when something is posted that he wants to post to...

he'll get around to it.:wink:
:laugh: its called Email reminders :ashamed:

Tyburn
02-06-2009, 12:46 PM

~Amy
:ashamed: I do!....and when its reallly hot in summer...I can be posting away on this Forum starkers aswell.

you just never know how much of me your talking to :laugh: :laugh:

cubsfan47
02-06-2009, 01:40 PM

And people ask me why I don't post over at Sherdog.:angry:

cubsfan47
02-06-2009, 01:42 PM

Me too.

mikthehick
02-06-2009, 02:03 PM
Me too.

Thanks buddy. :wink:

:laugh: its called Email reminders :ashamed:

Dave, not at all surprised....otoh, I get enough email as is....miss a day at work and i have THIRTY FOUR the next morning with requests as I plan 20 prospective grad student's trips down here in a month to meet the faculty..sigh, work is fun :)

At least I'm employed....

Anyway, carry on....

TexasRN
02-06-2009, 09:12 PM
:ashamed: I do!....and when its reallly hot in summer...I can be posting away on this Forum starkers aswell.

you just never know how much of me your talking to :laugh: :laugh:

:laugh: I'm almost always in jammies.

~Amy

Miss Foxy
03-04-2009, 09:00 PM
Spare me that Matt Hughes is jealous of GSP in any way!! Please!! He clearly stated that his opinion was no way stating that the outcome would have been any different. Why does a guilty dog always bark first??? All you GSP bandwagoneers can remember this Matt Hughes fans are always gonna be the most loyal, attractive, and smartest!! haha~~ How bout them apples?!

bradwright
03-04-2009, 09:56 PM
Spare me that Matt Hughes is jealous of GSP in any way!! Please!! He clearly stated that his opinion was no way stating that the outcome would have been any different. Why does a guilty dog always bark first??? All you GSP bandwagoneers can remember this Matt Hughes fans are always gonna be the most loyal, attractive, and smartest!! haha~~ How bout them apples?!
lol,,yeah,,how bout them,,:laugh:

Tyburn
03-04-2009, 10:33 PM
Madame Villasenor we salute thee :w00t:

rearnakedchoke
03-04-2009, 10:38 PM

you are right ... matt isn't jealous ... but (and i am going to get ruined for this) GSP's english skills are not really the greatest, and he sometimes means things differently than what he says ... i work with french canadians everyday and they are always mixing up words for what they really mean .... he could have meant what he was saying, but who knows ...

Hughes_GOAT
03-04-2009, 11:08 PM
None of us here worship Matt

speak for yourself :lookaround:

Throttlehead
03-05-2009, 01:36 AM
Accidents can happen to anyone I guess:)

Matt Hughes came out recently and said that St. Pierre felt greasy what are your thoughts did he feel greasy to you?

"I didn’t notice anything like that. To be honest for the past few years everyone I’ve fought has felt greasy. I didn’t feel anything different than anyone else.

It’s kind of a cop-out. I’ll never say I lost because…Even if they are greasy If you’re a real mixed martial artist you’ll find a way to overcome that."
-Jon Fitch

http://forums.mmajunkie.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11172&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=hughes+greasing

NateR
03-05-2009, 01:40 AM

http://forums.mmajunkie.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11172&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=hughes+greasing

Stitch's hand brushed Matt's shoulder for split second, so what? That's hardly "greasing." Besides, we've already debunked this nonsense here:
http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=651

The accusation against Matt is a lie, plain and simple. Stitch is hired by the UFC, thus he has no vested interest in the outcome of any fight.

Jeff Crow
03-05-2009, 01:42 AM

There is already a thread posted about that whole thing:)

:ninja:

Throttlehead
03-05-2009, 01:56 AM
Stitch's hand brushed Matt's shoulder for split second, so what? That's hardly "greasing." Besides, we've already debunked this nonsense here:
http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=651

The accusation against Matt is a lie, plain and simple. Stitch is hired by the UFC, thus he has no vested interest in the outcome of any fight.

Stitch's hand more then brushed for s split second, he rubbed the whole shoulder, which I don't think is anything serious. You say you have debunked it?

Maybe Matt Hughes should debunk his statement, there was no more vaseline on Nurse then on Stitch.

Then Stitch has teh balls to make a video of what not to do and how its done properly.

It's ALL over blown!!

Jeff Crow
03-05-2009, 01:58 AM
Stitch's hand more then brushed for s split second, he rubbed the whole shoulder, which I don't think is anything serious. You say you have debunked it?

Maybe Matt Hughes should debunk his statement, there was no more vaseline on Nurse then on Stitch.

Then Stitch has teh balls to make a video of what not to do and how its done properly.

It's ALL over blown!!

You may want to have your eyes checked and watch that again.:)

:ninja:

VCURamFan
03-05-2009, 02:00 AM

It's ALL over blown!!Throttle, how about you stop blowing hot air & actually go check the thread. The problem with the gif that you posted is that it been slowed down to about 1/4 speed. Here's you're gif:
http://i640.photobucket.com/albums/uu122/mindcrime9/Hughes-Greaser.gif

Here's the "greasing" in realtime:
http://karlaskrafts.com/matt2.gif

Now, honestly watch the real gif & tell me that's the same as what Nurse did to GSP. If you notice, in the nice slow-mo version you so kindly re-supplied us with, there's actually a big glob of vaseline on Hughes' shoulder. Stitch was, in actuality, performing his duty to perfection. Shut up & go troll somewhere else.

matthughesfan21
03-05-2009, 02:01 AM

It's ALL over blown!!may want to look at that in realtime instead of slowed down to the slowest rate possible

VCURamFan
03-05-2009, 02:07 AM
Haha, beat you to it! :laugh:

NateR
03-05-2009, 02:08 AM

It's ALL over blown!!

Yes, that video has been manipulated to appear as if Stitch is rubbing vaseline on Matt's shoulders for a couple of seconds, but in real time, it's just an accidental brush against Matt's shoulder as he is moving his hand.

Again, Stitch is impartial and not even on Matt's team, why would he be greasing Matt up? This whole "controversy" is simple stupidity.

Finally, I asked Matt about it and he said it was nonsense, so consider it debunked.

Chuck
03-05-2009, 02:19 AM
Finally, I asked Matt about it and he said it was nonsense, so consider it debunked.

How does this work??? I mean I know there are times on here you've asked Matt some questions that you KNEW were BS (like this one)... so how exactly do you phrase those?

Has he ever laughed at you or given you the ol' WTF look?? :D

Throttlehead
03-05-2009, 02:25 AM
Yes, that video has been manipulated to appear as if Stitch is rubbing vaseline on Matt's shoulders for a couple of seconds, but in real time, it's just an accidental brush against Matt's shoulder as he is moving his hand.

Again, Stitch is impartial and not even on Matt's team, why would he be greasing Matt up? This whole "controversy" is simple stupidity.

Does it matter who's team stitch is on or not, the fact remains that he rubbed vaseline on his shoulder, with a flat hand, not a skim by.

Matt said what was nonsense, that GPS greased when he fought him or that Matt had some vaseline rubbed where it should not have been?

The whole greasing disconnect blows me away.

If GSP greased before fights like Hughes and Serra say, why would he have to do it between rounds in front of all the camers and commission?

Can't we just say what it was, Nurse made a mistake with a MINUTE amount of vaseline on his hands that had nothing to do with the fight, considering the natural vaseline transfer in a fight, such as when BJ had his cheek on GSP's shoulder half the first round in the clinch?

Last question, why do fighters who lost now come out and have something to say, when they won they had nothing to complain about?

NateR
03-05-2009, 02:29 AM
How does this work??? I mean I know there are times on here you've asked Matt some questions that you KNEW were BS (like this one)... so how exactly do you phrase those?

Has he ever laughed at you or given you the ol' WTF look?? :D

I told him about it over the phone yesterday since he was on his way to Washington DC. I actually wasn't even going to bring it up, because it's obviously nonsense to anyone who pays attention. However, I didn't want someone to try to blindside him with the accusation at the Q&A this weekend.

And yes, he has given me that WTF look when I've told him about some of the stupid stuff that people try to accuse him of on the internet.

VCURamFan
03-05-2009, 02:34 AM
Does it matter who's team stitch is on or not, the fact remains that he rubbed vaseline on his shoulder, with a flat hand, not a skim by.

Matt said what was nonsense, that GPS greased when he fought him or that Matt had some vaseline rubbed where it should not have been?

The whole greasing disconnect blows me away.

If GSP greased before fights like Hughes and Serra say, why would he have to do it between rounds in front of all the camers and commission?

Can't we just say what it was, Nurse made a mistake with a MINUTE amount of vaseline on his hands that had nothing to do with the fight, considering the natural vaseline transfer in a fight, such as when BJ had his cheek on GSP's shoulder half the first round in the clinch?

Last question, why do fighters who lost now come out and have something to say, when they won they had nothing to complain about?Hey, Smart guy, it wasn't rubbed with a flat hand. Once again, stop ignoring evidence:

Here's your slow-mo gif -

Here's the real-time gif -

If you don't believe me, go watch the fight here & tune to the 0:17 mark - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_d1EVWe_HuE&eurl=http://www.mmaturf.net/dev/smf/index.php/topic,829.0.html&feature=player_embedded

Also, you'll notice tha Stitch is actually wiping vaseline off of Matt if you look closely at the beginning of the slow-mo gif. This is stupid & pointless.

To all regular posters: don't post after this, or if you do, quote me. I want this Mensa candidate to see this so he can't ignore it like he did the last time I posted it: http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showpost.php?p=15937&postcount=200

NateR
03-05-2009, 02:34 AM
Last question, why do fighters who lost now come out and have something to say, when they won they had nothing to complain about?

Actually most of those fighters brought it up before but nobody listened to them until BJ complained about it and Dana blew the incident out of proportion in his blog. Matt had brought it up before privately to his trainers and close friends after his second fight against GSP in 2006. The simple fact that GSP felt significantly more slippery in UFC 65 than he did in UFC 50 was enough for Matt to notice.

Obviously, Matt didn't say anything about GSP feeling greasy during UFC 50 because GSP didn't feel greasy.

You're clearly a GSP fan, right?

logrus
03-05-2009, 02:35 AM
I told him about it over the phone yesterday since he was on his way to Washington DC. I actually wasn't even going to bring it up, because it's obviously nonsense to anyone who pays attention. However, I didn't want someone to try to blindside him with the accusation at the Q&A this weekend.

And yes, he has given me that WTF look when I've told him about some of the stupid stuff that people try to accuse him of on the internet.

LMAO

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y75/ninjai/mattshrugs.gif

Throttlehead
03-05-2009, 02:42 AM
Hey, Smart guy, it wasn't rubbed with a flat hand. Once again, stop ignoring evidence:

Here's your slow-mo gif -

Here's the real-time gif -

If you don't believe me, go watch the fight here & tune to the 0:17 mark - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_d1EVWe_HuE&eurl=http://www.mmaturf.net/dev/smf/index.php/topic,829.0.html&feature=player_embedded

Also, you'll notice tha Stitch is actually wiping vaseline off of Matt if you look closely at the beginning of the slow-mo gif. This is stupid & pointless.

To all regular posters: don't post after this, or if you do, quote me. I want this Mensa candidate to see this so he can't ignore it like he did the last time I posted it: http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showpost.php?p=15937&postcount=200

How do you wipe vaseline off smart guy?

bradwright
03-05-2009, 02:42 AM

Is there something wrong with being a GSP fan Nate?

NateR
03-05-2009, 02:45 AM
Is there something wrong with being a GSP fan Nate?

No, nothing, it's just that he seems to have taken the greasing accusations against GSP very personally and really only seems to be here to try to make the same accusations against Matt. Every single post he's made so far has been accusatory against Matt; so it's starting to appear that we have a troll on our hands.

Throttlehead
03-05-2009, 02:47 AM
Actually most of those fighters brought it up before but nobody listened to them until BJ complained about it and Dana blew the incident out of proportion in his blog. Matt had brought it up before privately to his trainers and close friends after his second fight against GSP in 2006. The simple fact that GSP felt significantly more slippery in UFC 65 than he did in UFC 50 was enough for Matt to notice.

Obviously, Matt didn't say anything about GSP feeling greasy during UFC 50 because GSP didn't feel greasy.

I am clearly a GSP fan.

At what point in both of Matt's losses to GSP did he have him in a position where he would know he was slippery or that it could make any difference?

The first loss (2006) to GSP was all standing and the second loss he was on his back or losing standing.

And again, if he grease before fights, why does he have to do it between rounds in front of cameras and commission? Check any other GSP fight and it has never happened before between rounds. It makes no sense does it?

I'm not here to argue, but to debate the sillyness.

VCURamFan
03-05-2009, 02:49 AM
How do you wipe vaseline off smart guy?Well, as was so aptly pointed out when GSP got busted: not that easily!:laugh:

The only point I was trying to make was that Stitch was attempting to remove the vaseline, not apply it as you accused. Btw, I'm glad that you're able to see from the evidence that Hughes wasn't being greased up like GSP was.

Chuck
03-05-2009, 02:49 AM
LOL.... I would love to be a fly on the wall when that happens!!

Spiritwalker
03-05-2009, 02:51 AM
How do you wipe vaseline off smart guy?

I am kinda thinking that you would know... :Whistle:

Matt never said GSP greased.. just felt slippery...

And this was much after the fact.

Your gif shows nothing but a brush of a hand by a neutral party.

Where as GSPs TEAM.. intentionally or not... was rubbing down his shoulders.

Granted, I personally don't feel that it changed the outcome of the fight at all.. but it does raise the "what if" questions...

Throttlehead
03-05-2009, 02:51 AM
No, nothing, it's just that he seems to have taken the greasing accusations against GSP very personally and really only seems to be here to try to make the same accusations against Matt. Every single post he's made so far has been accusatory against Matt; so it's starting to appear that we have a troll on our hands.

I'm not here to make accusations against Matt, I was simply showing and stating that accidents can happen with vaseline.

What I don't like is that Matt Huges spoke out yet he seems to have had an accident happen to him.

The whole point is the "vaseline gate" is blown way out of control and it doesn't help when fighters speak out with NO proof like Hughes did.

John Fitch had no problem with GSP neither did Koscheck, you think GSP would have greased up hard for these two grapplers.

Miss Foxy
03-05-2009, 02:54 AM
I'm not here to make accusations against Matt, I was simply showing and stating that accidents can happen with vaseline.

What I don't like is that Matt Huges spoke out yet he seems to have had an accident happen to him.

The whole point is the "vaseline gate" is blown way out of control and it doesn't help when fighters speak out with NO proof like Hughes did.

John Fitch had no problem with GSP neither did Koscheck, you think GSP would have greased up hard for these two grapplers.
You outta go re-read what Matt posted.. Stating "he felt" does not constitute making accusations or stating anything factual. Matt was clearly expressing his freedom of speech....

Throttlehead
03-05-2009, 02:55 AM
Well, as was so aptly pointed out when GSP got busted: not that easily!:laugh:

The only point I was trying to make was that Stitch was attempting to remove the vaseline, not apply it as you accused. Btw, I'm glad that you're able to see from the evidence that Hughes wasn't being greased up like GSP was.

Why underplay it, Hughes got vaseline rubbed on his shoulder, intentional or not. Was it a big deal, NO....was Nurse's a big deal, NO.

Stitch rubbing it off or on or who's team he is on is mute, it happened by a guy who knows better, he could have called for a towel couldn't he.

Throttlehead
03-05-2009, 02:56 AM
You outta go re-read what Matt posted.. Stating "he felt" does not constitute making accusations or stating anything factual. Matt was clearly expressing his freedom of speech....

After the Penn fight saying "he felt" greasy was adding support to the whole story. It's a cop out to say he didn't mean what he said.

NateR
03-05-2009, 02:57 AM

Y'know if you're calling Matt a liar, then I think you have worn out your welcome here.

NateR
03-05-2009, 02:58 AM
After the Penn fight saying "he felt" greasy was adding suppost to the whole story. It's a cop out to say he didn't mean what he said.

Okay, that's enough out of you. When you start attacking Matt's character, then you no longer have any business here.

Spiritwalker
03-05-2009, 02:59 AM
Why underplay it, Hughes got vaseline rubbed on his shoulder, intentional or not. Was it a big deal, NO....was Nurse's a big deal, NO.

Stitch rubbing it off or on or who's team he is on is mute, it happened by a guy who knows better, he could have called for a towel couldn't he.

No it's not a moot point. One is fairly purposfully a rub down.. that maybe just happened to have greese on the hands.. by the TEAM...

Stitch barely touching.. a guy on the shoulder.. is a huge difference.. and not even by a team member...

Miss Foxy
03-05-2009, 03:00 AM
After the Penn fight saying "he felt" greasy was adding suppost to the whole story. It's a cop out to say he didn't mean what he said. I sincerely believe Matt Hughes is a MAN!!! And would flat out say it if thats the case...So basically everyone is conspiring against GSP? LOL!!

Spiritwalker
03-05-2009, 03:01 AM
Okay, that's enough out of you. When you start attacking Matt's character, then you no longer have any business here.

WAR Nate!

VCURamFan
03-05-2009, 03:16 AM
OK, Throttle, sorry you can't post here right now, but here's the big difference:

GSP being greased by a teammate:
http://i613.photobucket.com/albums/tt217/fedor999/gspgrease2.gif

Matt being tended to be an impartial party with a commission member watching:

There's a huge difference here. About 6sec worth of difference.

NateR
03-05-2009, 03:17 AM
Judging by the PMs he sent me after I put him on probation, he was clearly a troll. So he's permanently banned.

Our first permanent ban on the new forums, does this call for a celebration? :laugh:

VCURamFan
03-05-2009, 03:21 AM
Judging by the PMs he sent me after I put him on probation, he was clearly a troll. So he's permanently banned.

Our first permanent ban on the new forums, does this call for a celebration? :laugh:http://2ni2.com/emoticon/special/spam.gif

http://www.smiliegenerator.de/s31/smilies-21813.png

http://www.dontfeedthetroll.de/images/dftt.gif

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/4893/closed2ur0.gif

bradwright
03-05-2009, 03:21 AM

I stuck up for the fact that your a GSP fan,

but you really need to let this go if you want to get along here,
Since this whole thing began you can bet there were a lot of GSP fans that took exception to Matts comments and scoured every corner of the Internet trying to come up with something to make Matt look bad,
well with all the time they had to do it i'm surprised this was the best they could come up with,,
its pathetic really,,and they call themselves GSP fans,,thats just too funny,

if you really are a GSP fan like you claim then take a step back,relax and let Georges settle this thing in the Octagon,
as far as Matt goes?he never did say GSP greased,some people just dont listen very well sometimes.
and that video showing Matt being greased up,,lol,,come on,,:laugh:
like i said before,thats just pathetic,

Chuck
03-05-2009, 03:22 AM

Our first permanent ban on the new forums, does this call for a celebration? :laugh:
Let me suggest a few others THEN we can celebrate!! :D

MattHughesRocks
03-05-2009, 03:25 AM
But of course! :party0006:

bradwright
03-05-2009, 03:26 AM
darn,,i dont get to see very many GSP fans around these parts,:cry:

oh well,,i'm sure somebody new will come along soon,,

Just try and not be so hard on them when they do show up here Nate,:wink:

Miss Foxy
03-05-2009, 03:26 AM
But of course! :party0006:
HECK YA YOU ROCK GIRL!! I AM GONNA POP SOME CHAMPAGNE!!! BETTER WATCH OUT 4 US PMS'RS!!:angry:

matthughesfan21
03-05-2009, 03:27 AM
darn,,i dont get to see very many GSP fans around these parts,:cry:

oh well,,i'm sure somebody new will come along soon,,

Just try and not be so hard on them when they do show up here Nate,:wink:he wasn't a true fan, just a bandwagonner and a sh*tstirrer

matthughesfan21
03-05-2009, 03:29 AM
HECK YA YOU ROCK GIRL!! I AM GONNA POP SOME CHAMPAGNE!!! BETTER WATCH OUT 4 US PMS'RS!!:angry::scared0011: :scared0015: :duck: :moped:

Chuck
03-05-2009, 03:30 AM
OK, Throttle, sorry you can't post here right now, but here's the big difference:

GSP being greased by a teammate:
http://i613.photobucket.com/albums/tt217/fedor999/gspgrease2.gif

Matt being tended to be an impartial party with a commission member watching:

There's a huge difference here. About 6sec worth of difference.

I think those are more similar then they are different....

saying GSP was "greased" by a teammate is a stretch IMO...

matthughesfan21
03-05-2009, 03:32 AM

saying GSP was "greased" by a teammate is a stretch IMO...I do agree that it was accidental and pretty blown out of proportion, but there is a much larger chance for greasing in the gsp gif than Matt's gif

Spiritwalker
03-05-2009, 03:34 AM

saying GSP was "greased" by a teammate is a stretch IMO...

That is actually a valid breathing technique. But if he had grease on his hands.. it's pretty bad.. intentionalor not.. I vote for not.

Chuck
03-05-2009, 03:36 AM
I do agree that it was accidental and pretty blown out of proportion, but there is a much larger chance for greasing in the gsp gif than Matt's gif

Agreed on all points....

I think they are more similar.... but certainly not identical...

VCURamFan
03-05-2009, 03:37 AM

saying GSP was "greased" by a teammate is a stretch IMO...I disagree, but maybe I'm missing something that you're seeing. What makes you say that?

bradwright
03-05-2009, 03:46 AM
Let me suggest a few others THEN we can celebrate!! :D
:) :unsure-1: :sad: :cry::punch: :ninja:

NateR
03-05-2009, 03:46 AM
I disagree, but maybe I'm missing something that you're seeing. What makes you say that?

I disagree as well. Here are the differences:

GSP video:
1. it's one of GSP's cornermen applying the Vaseline
2. he's rubbing GSP's shoulders and back constantly for 5 or 6 seconds after applying the Vaseline to his forehead.

Matt video:
1. Stitch, an impartial cut man, is applying the Vaseline.
2. His hand briefly brushes against Matt's shoulder for less than a second.

It's pretty clear that the GSP vid is evidence of greasing by GSP's cornermen (intentional or not is yet to be determined), while the Matt video just proves that GSP fans are desperate and grasping at straws. :rolleyes:

NateR
03-05-2009, 03:47 AM
:) :unsure-1: :sad: :cry::punch: :ninja:

I don't think you're on that list. Even one of our Super Mods is a GSP fan (she's a bigger Matt Hughes fan, though); so it's no sin to like GSP here.

Chuck
03-05-2009, 03:50 AM
I disagree, but maybe I'm missing something that you're seeing. What makes you say that?

I think both incidents are accidental... Nurse intentionally rubbed GSP on his back and chest but I don't and have never believed that he did it in an effort to cheat or "grease" GSP.

People may or may not be fans of GSP but up until this incident I had certainly never heard of any accusations of "greasing" attributed to his camp.

I am far, far from an expert in MMA and I have NO experience in an Octagon but to me common sense dictates that in any fight that has two guys on the ground sooner or later they are both going to be slippery.

Blood + sweat + the transfer of Vaseline from the face to other parts of the body just seem to be something that would naturally occur.

BJ got the crap kicked out of him. He was dominated like he has never been before and he was dominated by a superior fighter.

I love GSP. I know that won't make me popular on this site but I have seen absolutely nothing about him that dosen't impress me.

He dosen't talk crap... he's very respectful. He trains hard. He takes his craft very serious. He wants to be the best he can. I think he has a ton in common with Matt and quite frankly I don't understand why more of Matt's fans don't like him.

If that makes me a nuthugger then so be it. I'm no more ashamed of being a fan of GSP then I am of Matt.

MattHughesRocks
03-05-2009, 03:55 AM
:ashamed:

I don't think you're on that list. Even one of our Super Mods is a GSP fan (she's a bigger Matt Hughes fan, though); so it's no sin to like GSP here.

Chuck
03-05-2009, 03:57 AM

GSP video:
Right... a cornerman... not a cutman. It looks more like an unintentional act of carelessness then an act of malice.

2. he's rubbing GSP's shoulders and back constantly for 5 or 6 seconds after applying the Vaseline to his forehead.
true. but it's early in the fight.. GSP had virtually no damage to his face so I can only imagine the amount of Vaseline used was miniscule. Factor in that nurse had bare hands which woudl absorb more Vaseline then latex gloves and again.. to me... it was an act of carelessness... not malice.

Matt video:

It's pretty clear that the GSP vid is evidence of greasing by GSP's cornermen (intentional or not is yet to be determined), while the Matt video just proves that GSP fans are desperate and grasping at straws. :rolleyes:
I'm certainly not one of those GSP fans grasping at anything. I don't think the vid of Matt and Stitch means jack squat. I just stated they were more similar because I belive both videos show accidental spreadings of Vaseline.

MattHughesRocks
03-05-2009, 03:58 AM
You hadnt heard anything until now because nobody said anything until now:doh:
Remember Matt said he thought he felt greasy a long time ago.

I think both incidents are accidental... Nurse intentionally rubbed GSP on his back and chest but I don't and have never believed that he did it in an effort to cheat or "grease" GSP.

People may or may not be fans of GSP but up until this incident I had certainly never heard of any accusations of "greasing" attributed to his camp.

I am far, far from an expert in MMA and I have NO experience in an Octagon but to me common sense dictates that in any fight that has two guys on the ground sooner or later they are both going to be slippery.

Blood + sweat + the transfer of Vaseline from the face to other parts of the body just seem to be something that would naturally occur.

BJ got the crap kicked out of him. He was dominated like he has never been before and he was dominated by a superior fighter.

I love GSP. I know that won't make me popular on this site but I have seen absolutely nothing about him that dosen't impress me.

He dosen't talk crap... he's very respectful. He trains hard. He takes his craft very serious. He wants to be the best he can. I think he has a ton in common with Matt and quite frankly I don't understand why more of Matt's fans don't like him.

If that makes me a nuthugger then so be it. I'm no more ashamed of being a fan of GSP then I am of Matt.

NateR
03-05-2009, 03:59 AM
I'm certainly not one of those GSP fans grasping at anything. I don't think the vid of Matt and Stitch means jack squat. I just stated they were more similar because I belive both videos show accidental spreadings of Vaseline.

Well, the GSP incident was blatant enough for the Athletic Commissioner to get involved during the fight. That's a big difference.

VCURamFan
03-05-2009, 04:03 AM
I think both incidents are accidental... Nurse intentionally rubbed GSP on his back and chest but I don't and have never believed that he did it in an effort to cheat or "grease" GSP.I disagree. What Stitch did was 100% intentional. There was a glob of vaseline & Stitch, being the phenomenal cutman that he is, saw it & wiped it off on purpose so that it would impact the fight.

On the other hand, Nurse was woefully ignorant & unprofessional at best, or an intenional cheater at worst. Either way the difference is huge:

Stitch was being professional, Nurse wasn't.

bradwright
03-05-2009, 04:10 AM

GSP video:

Matt video:

you really try to lump all GSP fans into the same group and that is very un fair of you Nate,you know as well as i do its always a very small minority that makes all the noise,
as far as GSP intentionally greasing?well thats about as likely as Serra beating Matt in may,