PDA

View Full Version : Afghan law allows husbands to starve wives

Play The Man
08-17-2009, 01:24 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/8204207.stm

An Afghan bill allowing a husband to starve his wife if she refuses to have sex has been published in the official gazette and become law.

The original bill caused outrage earlier this year, forcing Afghan President Hamid Karzai to withdraw it.

But critics say the amended version of the law remains highly repressive.

They accuse Mr Karzai of selling out Afghan women for the sake of conservative Shia support at next week's presidential election.

The law governs family life for Afghanistan's Shia minority.

The original version obliged Shia women to have sex with their husbands every four days at a minimum, and it effectively condoned rape by removing the need for consent to sex within marriage.

Western leaders and Afghan women's groups were united in condemning an apparent reversal of key freedoms won by women after the fall of the Taliban.

Now an amended version of the same bill has passed quietly into law with the apparent approval of President Karzai.

KENTUCKYREDBONE
08-17-2009, 06:36 AM
Gee real nice Folks these Shia! :huh: Any man that would deliberatly starve thier Wife or Children should be :punch: :punch:

MattHughesRocks
08-17-2009, 07:14 AM
If that's the case then if a man turns his wife off sexually she should be able to have him beheaded.It's only fair :)

Bonnie
08-17-2009, 08:22 AM
If that's the case then if a man turns his wife off sexually she should be able to have him beheaded.It's only fair :)

:Whistle:

:laugh:

Just as there is Shia law, there should be Michelle's law! :ninja:

MattHughesRocks
08-17-2009, 03:18 PM
It's just crazy.You marry a hottie then as soon as the honeymoon is over they start gaining weight and farting in front of you while they pick there noses and say " gee honey, how come we don't have sex anymore?" :sign0094:
And they want to starve the women? :scared0015:

:Whistle:

Just as there is Shia law, there should be Michelle's law! :ninja:

County Mike
08-17-2009, 03:25 PM
She could "take care of him" and get some nourishment at the same time.

MattHughesRocks
08-18-2009, 03:23 AM
This is exactly my point :laugh:

rearnakedchoke
08-18-2009, 01:58 PM
what do you expect .. when you have a president like obama, with his middle name being hussein, stuff like this is going to happen ... first the extravagent spending and now this .. him and karzai are probably high-fiving in a mosque somewhere ..

Vizion
08-18-2009, 05:54 PM
Ain't Islam cool?? Yay Islam!!! :happydancing: :happydancing: :happydancing:

Buzzard
08-19-2009, 06:48 AM
Ain't Islam cool?? Yay Islam!!! :happydancing: :happydancing: :happydancing:

It's just as cool as some of the atrocities performed by christian missionaries when they were spreading the word.

Crisco
08-19-2009, 10:34 PM
It's just as cool as some of the atrocities performed by christian missionaries when they were spreading the word.

Mostly catholics under orders from a false and misguided leader.

No one can deny that every religion has commited atrocities even Buddihsm but there in lies the trouble.

God hates religions.

The difference between Christianity and Islam is that Islam openly promotes these atrocities.

Once teachings forgiveness understanding and at the extreme expulsion where as rejection of Muhammed leads to death.

When looking deeply into the foundation of Islam and its tenants one cannot deny that it's nothing more then a fringe cult of judaism.

Mohammed used the Koran and the belief of his followers to amass tremendous wealth IE: Taking 1/5 of the spoils of every battle and raid that occured during his reign and special treatment IE: marrying 9-11 woman depending on the version you hear when your average man is only to marry 4 according to the Koran.

Mohammed and Islam are nothing more then a highly popular and older comparison of L. Ron and scientology.

Vizion
08-22-2009, 05:54 PM
Example please :rolleyes:

Buzzard
08-22-2009, 11:53 PM
Example please :rolleyes:

They are too numerous for me to pick just one. Have at it. Google can be your friend.

Vizion
08-23-2009, 12:27 AM
They are too numerous for me to pick just one. Have at it. Google can be your friend.
Weak. If they are SO numerous you should EASILY be able to pick one. You should easily be able to find one akin to the Muslim attrocity of this thread, yes? Problem is, you can't, can you?

You're unwilling to even try you are so certain you cannot find something.

Buzzard
08-23-2009, 12:55 AM
Weak. If they are SO numerous you should EASILY be able to pick one. You should easily be able to find one akin to the Muslim attrocity of this thread, yes? Problem is, you can't, can you?

You're unwilling to even try you are so certain you cannot find something.

I'm not unwilling to try, I just don't need to. I would have trouble picking just one. If you wish to deny the atrocities committed in order to spread the word, enjoy life with your head in the sand. Watch out for sand crabs, I hear they can bite.

If you must have me do your research for you, you'll have to wait some as I'm heading out for the night. Here is a hint though to help you in finding the same results I would. Open up google and type in christian atrocities. Aw heck, I'm feeling generous tonight. Click this link below.

http://www.google.com/search?q=christian+atrocities&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Have a good night, I'm off for a jam session.

Vizion
08-23-2009, 01:12 AM
I'm not unwilling to try, I just don't need to. I would have trouble picking just one. If you wish to deny the atrocities committed in order to spread the word, enjoy life with your head in the sand. Watch out for sand crabs, I hear they can bite.

If you must have me do your research for you, you'll have to wait some as I'm heading out for the night. Here is a hint though to help you in finding the same results I would. Open up google and type in christian atrocities. Aw heck, I'm feeling generous tonight. Click this link below.

http://www.google.com/search?q=christian+atrocities&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Have a good night, I'm off for a jam session. Have you ever heard of FALSE Christians before? Where is your proof that Christians practice attrocities of the sort of this thread's topic TODAY.

Vizion
08-23-2009, 01:24 AM
and by the way Buzzard, what do you believe? Your religion has been responsible for untold attrocities as well? Can you believe in that then?

From where do you derive your moral conciouss?

Buzzard
08-23-2009, 07:27 AM
and by the way Buzzard, what do you believe? Your religion has been responsible for untold attrocities as well? Can you believe in that then?
Absolutely! I do believe that folks who don't know if there is a God or not have committed atrocities as well as people of other religions.

From where do you derive your moral conciouss?

That has already been answered in this forum. In short though, I practice the golden rule and other manners and such which I have learned and been taught throughout my life. I even like to follow most of the 10 commandments. Just because I am agnostic doesn't mean that I am evil or a bad person.

It appears that we have gotten off on the wrong foot. If I have offended you I apologize for that. Friends I can always use more of, enemies not.