PDA

View Full Version : Strikeforce Spoilers

County Mike
08-16-2009, 04:31 AM
Babalu almost got taken out by the pyrotechnics on his way to the cage. It was kinda funny since he wasn't hurt. His expression was good.

MattHughesRocks
08-16-2009, 04:34 AM
Bout time someone started this thread. WAR BABALU! :w00t:

MattHughesRocks
08-16-2009, 04:37 AM
Oh well, at least I can laugh about this one :laugh:

MattHughesRocks
08-16-2009, 04:39 AM
Ok so Babalu out cold in a matter of seconds in case you missed it :scared0015:

County Mike
08-16-2009, 04:44 AM
Gegard pummeled him, saw that he went unconscious and stopped hitting him before Big John even stepped in. Good sport.

County Mike
08-16-2009, 04:46 AM
Cool Fedor commercial.

They list all these top MMA fighters and say "all have one thing in common... They've all lost to THIS man."

MattHughesRocks
08-16-2009, 04:47 AM
If it were the other way around Babalu would have kept pounding on him until the ref stopped it and that's even a maybe :laugh:

Gegard pummeled him, saw that he went unconscious and stopped hitting him before Big John even stepped in. Good sport.

County Mike
08-16-2009, 04:49 AM
Let's go Gina!!!

Five 5-minute rounds. They're finally giving the girls 5-minute rounds. Maybe Gina can wear Cyborg down.

MattHughesRocks
08-16-2009, 04:49 AM
Cool, we are already at the main event! Come on bitches! :w00t:

MattHughesRocks
08-16-2009, 04:53 AM
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e292/skysrock/Smileys/popcorn-2.gif

I hope it lasts awhile. I don't care at all who wins but I want to see a good fight :punch:

County Mike
08-16-2009, 04:54 AM
God help any kids that Cyborg and her husband might create. That's a new level of ugly.

MattHughesRocks
08-16-2009, 04:57 AM
Yeah but they'll be tough as hell :laugh:

matthughesfan21
God help any kids that Cyborg and her husband might create. That's a new level of ugly.dont worry, two men can't biologically produce a child

County Mike
Randy in Gina's corner could be the difference. The chicks should fight in sports bras. Rash guards just don't look right in there.

Maybe the sports bra would be easier to grab. Not sure.

MattHughesRocks
08-16-2009, 04:59 AM
It's all about the boobs Mike :laugh:

It's starting! :w00t:

County Mike
08-16-2009, 05:00 AM
It's all about the boobs Mike :laugh:

Very true.

County Mike
08-16-2009, 05:01 AM
Cyborg is fighting in a sports bra. I guess they have the option.

matthughesfan21
08-16-2009, 05:05 AM
they appear to be gassing already

matthughesfan21
08-16-2009, 05:07 AM
still aren't sure if the fight is over, but gina got dominated

MattHughesRocks
08-16-2009, 05:07 AM
Now that was cool! I think the fight was stopped and needed to be.Period :w00t:

County Mike
08-16-2009, 05:09 AM
Sucks. Was a good fight but Cyborg got mount and won by TKO right at the buzzer.

matthughesfan21
08-16-2009, 05:10 AM
cyborg is a better fighter also...i'm not a fan of gina's fighting, she's just fun to look at...I'm not losing sleep over this...its a win win really because have you seen pics of gina with a black eye? she looks hotter haha

MattHughesRocks
08-16-2009, 05:13 AM
That was a really good fight that's for sure. It must have been hard for Gina to lose for the first time.She looked like she was going to cry.

rearnakedchoke
08-16-2009, 05:25 AM
well, what's sucks for cyborg is that this was a lose lose situation for her ... sure she wins the fight, but now women's mma is dead ... LOL .. Gina will go on to bigger and better things doing shows like AG, and cyborg will have to fight nobodies ... that's just the way i see it, gina probably will fight a couple more times, but tonite was the end of women's mma

Chuck
08-16-2009, 05:31 AM
well, what's sucks for cyborg is that this was a lose lose situation for her ... sure she wins the fight, but now women's mma is dead ... LOL .. Gina will go on to bigger and better things doing shows like AG, and cyborg will have to fight nobodies ... that's just the way i see it, gina probably will fight a couple more times, but tonite was the end of women's mma

I don't know if it's the end necessarily but you certainly make a valid point. It's a lot easier to market Gina the Cyborg. I have a bit of a problem with Gina giving up a full mount... respect the BJJ of Cyborg but she certainly could have reigned down a little more damage before giving up that position...

IF she would have kept that position just a few seconds longer..... we might have seen round 2. :huh:

Neezar
08-16-2009, 06:01 AM
Sucks. Was a good fight but Cyborg got mount and won by TKO right at the buzzer.

:Whistle:

MattHughesRocks
08-16-2009, 06:02 AM
I honestly never even thought I'd want to see woman in mma but last year when I saw Cyborg in Stockton I really liked watching them a lot. They were more exciting then a lot of men fights :laugh:

Here was Cyborg last year

http://worldextremefighter.com/2008/07/28/attention-all-mma-ladies-beware-of-the-cyborg/

Spiritwalker
08-16-2009, 07:18 AM
ok.. so I am watching the fights now... and after Verdum won... I heard Brett Rodgers mentioned in the same sentence as Fedor... THAT is comedy gold!!

Gina fought well... Cris was just too much for her.. sucks that Renato lost..

logrus
08-16-2009, 10:16 AM
From the weigh in I thought Gina looked small. When she was standing in the cage you could tell she slimmed down big time. Her legs, and arms were very sleek and toned.

It sucks she lost, but a second or 2 longer in the mount she had, I think she takes Cyborg out in round 2. No way that girl could compete at the pace she was setting.

Another thing I wonder is how much of a factor did the lack of competing have on Gina. Over a year with no scheduled fight had to play a factor in some ways.

Gina will be back, and somebody will knock Cyborg out.:frantics:

rearnakedchoke
08-16-2009, 03:40 PM
I don't know if it's the end necessarily but you certainly make a valid point. It's a lot easier to market Gina the Cyborg. I have a bit of a problem with Gina giving up a full mount... respect the BJJ of Cyborg but she certainly could have reigned down a little more damage before giving up that position...

IF she would have kept that position just a few seconds longer..... we might have seen round 2. :huh:
yeah, it may hang around for a while, but you won't see it as the main event on any card anymore ... that's just my op anyway ...

yeah, don't know why she gave up that mount, she coulda done some nice damage ... oh well ... but mousasi is an animal ....

Chuck
08-16-2009, 04:30 PM
yeah, it may hang around for a while, but you won't see it as the main event on any card anymore ... that's just my op anyway ...

yeah, don't know why she gave up that mount, she coulda done some nice damage ... oh well ... but mousasi is an animal ....

I would love to see Mousasi in the UFC!! He looked very, very good.

Tyburn
08-16-2009, 06:44 PM
Ok so Babalu out cold in a matter of seconds in case you missed it :scared0015:
Good :)

Tyburn
08-16-2009, 06:45 PM
dont worry, two men can't biologically produce a child
:laugh: :laugh:

Tyburn
08-16-2009, 06:48 PM
ok.. so I am watching the fights now... and after Verdum won... I heard Brett Rodgers mentioned in the same sentence as Fedor... THAT is comedy gold!!

Gina fought well... Cris was just too much for her.. sucks that Renato lost..
Its Werdum...not sure where he's from, but the pronunciation is European, the W is pronounced Germanically as a V...so it sounds phonetically like Verdum, but thats not how its spelt :laugh:

Max
08-16-2009, 08:11 PM
Its Werdum...not sure where he's from, but the pronunciation is European, the W is pronounced Germanically as a V...so it sounds phonetically like Verdum, but thats not how its spelt :laugh:
he is Brazilian but I think his mom might be Spanish

Tyburn
08-16-2009, 10:51 PM
he is Brazilian but I think his mom might be Spanish
Well the Spanish populated the Meso-American Cultures as far south as Brazil for certain, about two hundred or three hundred years before the other European Countries started populating the United States, so in terms of Language you can include Brazil as Continental European, The United States you can Classify as British (please note that British and European in terms of Language are not quite the same)

Thing is...the W to V thing is really British (in that it includes Germany and the Baltic region and Greece far more then it does Continental European...which is like French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese...just to confuse you the Russian Phonetical System inhabit most of eastern Europe as far South as the Urdu speaking Northern Middle East which you could claim was Arabic :laugh: Also...to confuse you, Polynesia, part of the United States in some respects, doesnt use the British Phonetical System OR the Continental System...this is especially seen in an Example like the word Lau (For example the Volcano Mauna Lau, or the MMA Fighter Joe Lauzon) Where the Lau sounds like LOW Where the O sound is Oh, whereas in the Continental where it would sound like the O in ouch. Had this problem with the man himself, because I dont pronounce the name according to Pacific Phonetics...but according to Continental European :laugh: )I dont know enough about Spanish or Portuguese to know if they make all there Ws sound like Vs or not :blink:

que
08-17-2009, 03:25 AM
talking about the Portuguese language with my American friend at work (who is blood Portuguese and speaks it fluently although you would never know he is Portuguese because he looks 100% white American and acts American and has a perfect American accent) he told me that Spanish (specifically Mexicans who speak Spanish) is considered to be the "Ebonics" version of Portuguese. in other words, Spanish is the lazy version of it, and Portuguese is the more proper and correct way. if you know one language then you pretty much know the other, although i find the accents very different. i love how Portuguese sounds, i think it is much more pleasing to my ears than Spanish. i also notice they pronounce more "H" sounds and use alot of "bo"' and "aya" which Spanish doesn't have much of

dave do you know anything about the connection between Portuguese and Spanish and which one was derived from the other? i would look on wikipedia but i am lazy and wikipedia is not reliable anyways

VCURamFan
08-17-2009, 05:17 AM
After Gina lost, my buddy Scottie immediately started muttering under his breath "Friggin' Cyborg, more like Juice-borg! Friggin' roid ragin' she-male." :laugh:

MattHughesRocks
08-17-2009, 05:19 AM
So, do all the guys pick Gina just because she's cute? I know ZERO about her, never even listened to an interview so I don't know.Does she have a good head on her shoulders?

Buzzard
08-17-2009, 07:59 AM
So, do all the guys pick Gina just because she's cute? I know ZERO about her, never even listened to an interview so I don't know.Does she have a good head on her shoulders?

I don't think they're looking above her shoulders.

I didn't think she had a chance.

VCURamFan
08-17-2009, 02:35 PM
I picked Gina because she's got strong technical MT & a decent defensive ground game. I had hoped that he plan would be to get on her bike for the first 2-3 rnds, using the jab, push-kicks & footwork to force Cyborg to keep her distance & keep her from building up a head of steam as she started rushing in. Then, once Cyborg gassed in the champ round, I assumed Gina would open up with her overhand right & head kicks.

Instead, she let Cyborg pressure her straight back into the cage where she can't maneuver, eats a ton of shots & tries to brawl it out. Wrong game plan against a Chute Boxer.

Tyburn
08-17-2009, 04:41 PM
talking about the Portuguese language with my American friend at work (who is blood Portuguese and speaks it fluently although you would never know he is Portuguese because he looks 100% white American and acts American and has a perfect American accent) he told me that Spanish (specifically Mexicans who speak Spanish) is considered to be the "Ebonics" version of Portuguese. in other words, Spanish is the lazy version of it, and Portuguese is the more proper and correct way. if you know one language then you pretty much know the other, although i find the accents very different. i love how Portuguese sounds, i think it is much more pleasing to my ears than Spanish. i also notice they pronounce more "H" sounds and use alot of "bo"' and "aya" which Spanish doesn't have much of

dave do you know anything about the connection between Portuguese and Spanish and which one was derived from the other? i would look on wikipedia but i am lazy and wikipedia is not reliable anyways
Well Spanish and Portuguese are one of two main branches from Latin. The Pure Latin root runs towards the British Phonetic System, which includes those Languages that sound quite harsh and are made up of proper chunky words. The other Branch is the Italian, or Continental European Phonetical System, those languages are often more fluid sounding, they consist of more apostrophe then words, think French, Spanish.

As for how they developed and from which one...I have no idea. However, I would say in Continental Europe, Spain is bigger and more imposing then Portugal. Its a larger Country, been a bigger world power, and had a bigger Empire. I would guess that the switch to portuguese is actually a DEVOLUTION, its reverting possibly after the spanish Empire collapsed and was over. In Europe Spainsh<Potuguese, but in Latin America Potuguese<Spanish. To make it more confusing, I bet the languages in several hundred years have continued to evolve separately. I bet a Potuguese Man from Portugal, and a Portuguese Speaker from Brazil do not always pronounce the same things the same ways, there will be a big enough difference for it to almost be dialectical by now I would have thought.

I always think it sad that the Latin American Countries do not actually teach their onw NATIVE languages. Wandy is not speaking his Countries NATIVE Tongue. He Should be speaking a form of Mayan...and the Mexicans should be speaking Aztec, and the rest should be speaking Incan. Spanish and Portuguese are imports.

Now in the British Isles, the Irish, Welsh, Scots and some areas of Cornwall, have REFUSED to let their native streams of Gaelic die out, its still taught in certain schools, and still spoken in the rural areas.

I suspect that outside of the mountains there isnt a person in those latin american countries who know a single phrase of their true native tongue...somehow...I find that very sad...in a similar way to the way the Euro wiped out all the different European Currencies...something...was lost :sad:

atomdanger
08-17-2009, 08:55 PM
The fights went pretty much how I thought, I liked Babalu, but knew that Gegard would probably win, although I thought it would be much more competitive than it was, Gegard is an animal.

I don't know how anybody picked Gina, her fights were horrible,
I mean, her last win was against a girl on a losing streak and had been retired for 2 years, ( http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Kelly-Kobold-4902 ) she was the female Kimbo for Showtime.

atomdanger
08-17-2009, 08:57 PM

In Portuguese you pronounce W as V.

MattHughesRocks
08-18-2009, 03:30 AM
I suspected as much :happy:

I don't think they're looking above her shoulders.

I didn't think she had a chance.

bj44
08-18-2009, 08:34 AM
The fights went pretty much how I thought, I liked Babalu, but knew that Gegard would probably win, although I thought it would be much more competitive than it was, Gegard is an animal.

I don't know how anybody picked Gina, her fights were horrible,
I mean, her last win was against a girl on a losing streak and had been retired for 2 years, ( http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Kelly-Kobold-4902 ) she was the female Kimbo for Showtime.
Gegard vs lil nog is the only real worthwhile fight for him outside the ufc at 205!!!

N yeah cyborg is the better fighter and actually has a ground game