PDA

View Full Version : Rip Burn Copy-Help!

MattHughesRocks
08-14-2009, 06:56 AM
So I had an old video tape made into a DVD at Wal Mart. I was trying to figure out how to make copies but couldnt for the life of me so I took the DVD to someone who knows everything (not) and he said he couldn't copy it either and that I needed some software program to do it.Does anyone have a clue as to what kind of software I need?

Boomer
08-14-2009, 08:50 AM
So I had an old video tape made into a DVD at Wal Mart. I was trying to figure out how to make copies but couldnt for the life of me so I took the DVD to someone who knows everything (not) and he said he couldn't copy it either and that I needed some software program to do it.Does anyone have a clue as to what kind of software I need?

Need two very easy programs:

First you need a program to decode the encryption. A free one that work very well on most DVDs is called DVD43. search it on yahoo and you can download it for free. Once you install it, all you do is put the dvd in your dvd reader on the pc, it detects the encryption and decodes it. It will tell you when it is ready to burn.

Next you need a video encoder and a cheap one that works very very well and gives you many options is AVS. site is avs4you.com . Get their video conversion tool and you can encode whats on the DVD into quick time, windows, mp4 and the like for posting on the internet. This is a simple point and click tool too.

I convert all my movies with these two programs .. and how I watch a Matt fight from past UFCs on my IPOD as I travel. :)

Spiritwalker
08-14-2009, 01:18 PM
same here... good call!

MattHughesRocks
08-14-2009, 03:44 PM
Thanks Boom! Now you get a free copy of my home movies from 16 years ago!:w00t:

(just kidding, wouldnt make you:laugh: )

Boomer
08-14-2009, 05:02 PM
Thanks Boom! Now you get a free copy of my home movies from 16 years ago!:w00t:

(just kidding, wouldnt make you:laugh: )

Would love to see some of those!! :) I acutally like home movies.

VCURamFan
08-14-2009, 06:19 PM
Would love to see some of those!! :) I acutally like home movies.You'd love some of the videos from when I was a kid: my older brother & sister would get board on Sunday afternoons so we'd stage talk shows where the host (my sister) would interview Bible characters (me & Ryan). I can't tell you how many cotton-ball beards I had to wear!:laugh:

Boomer
08-14-2009, 06:23 PM
You should post them :D

VCURamFan
08-14-2009, 07:19 PM
You should post them :DI might actually do that.

Assuming, of course, I get the initiative together to find the old videos (if Mom hasn't thrown them out), convert them to DVDs, rip them, encode them & then upload 'em.

MattHughesRocks
08-15-2009, 02:53 AM
And I'm sure that'll happen as soon as your finished with you Belize trip photos to.

:tongue0011:

I might actually do that.

Assuming, of course, I get the initiative together to find the old videos (if Mom hasn't thrown them out), convert them to DVDs, rip them, encode them & then upload 'em.

VCURamFan
08-15-2009, 04:02 AM
And I'm sure that'll happen as soon as your finished with you Belize trip photos to.

:tongue0011:Haha, my point exactly!:laugh:

MattHughesRocks
08-15-2009, 04:04 AM
The avs4you is $39.00 for a year and my question is, what else would I possibly need this program for other then making a copy of my DVD? I can have Wal Mart do it for $15 but if this program is something I really need I'll get it.I just don't to buy something I don't really need.

Need two very easy programs:

First you need a program to decode the encryption. A free one that work very well on most DVDs is called DVD43. search it on yahoo and you can download it for free. Once you install it, all you do is put the dvd in your dvd reader on the pc, it detects the encryption and decodes it. It will tell you when it is ready to burn.

Next you need a video encoder and a cheap one that works very very well and gives you many options is AVS. site is avs4you.com . Get their video conversion tool and you can encode whats on the DVD into quick time, windows, mp4 and the like for posting on the internet. This is a simple point and click tool too.

I convert all my movies with these two programs .. and how I watch a Matt fight from past UFCs on my IPOD as I travel. :)

Boomer
08-15-2009, 05:37 AM
Well, depends on your goals for ripping. IS this the only time that you will ever want to do something like this, or do you want to put other movies / vid file on your PC or IPOD?

If this is a one time deal thing, take it to Wal-mart. The 40 bucks is a subscription to all of their software. You can download a bunch software that is really useful, like a registry cleaner and what not. Or you can just wait until Nov and I can do it for you when I get home.

MattHughesRocks
08-15-2009, 05:41 AM
Well can you just come home now? :laugh: Yeah, this will be the only thing I'll ever use it for. I'm just not into that kinda stuff I just happened to come across this old video.
I'm working on another hook up now Boom so you don't have to come home now if you don't want to :wink:

Well, depends on your goals for ripping. IS this the only time that you will ever want to do something like this, or do you want to put other movies / vid file on your PC or IPOD?

If this is a one time deal thing, take it to Wal-mart. The 40 bucks is a subscription to all of their software. You can download a bunch software that is really useful, like a registry cleaner and what not. Or you can just wait until Nov and I can do it for you when I get home.

Boomer
08-15-2009, 06:02 AM
Well can you just come home now? :laugh: Yeah, this will be the only thing I'll ever use it for. I'm just not into that kinda stuff I just happened to come across this old video.
I'm working on another hook up now Boom so you don't have to come home now if you don't want to :wink:

If it was about my "wants" I'd be home now.

But it's about my responsibilities .. I'll be home in Nov. :wink:

MattHughesRocks
08-15-2009, 07:05 AM
Well then at least keep it down. I just heard the flippin' bomb that just went off Boom :scared0011:

If it was about my "wants" I'd be home now.

But it's about my responsibilities .. I'll be home in Nov. :wink:

Boomer
08-15-2009, 08:54 AM
Well then at least keep it down. I just heard the flippin' bomb that just went off Boom :scared0011:

Yea it went off in front of ISAF HQ. thats my base. think 6 folks were killed, lots of minor injuries from glass and what not.

MattHughesRocks
08-15-2009, 03:39 PM
:sad:

Yea it went off in front of ISAF HQ. thats my base. think 6 folks were killed, lots of minor injuries from glass and what not.