PDA

View Full Version : Mark Hughes at the Butler Homecoming Truck and Tractor Pulls

NateR
08-11-2009, 03:55 AM
Some videos from this weekend:

Friday night, they got started really late (close to 9 PM) and they had about 105 pulls to do. Mark pulled his truck in two categories, so we didn't get finished until after 1 in the morning.

Truck pulls:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hC6-sfkDHOc

Fortunately, the tractor pulls the next day went a lot smoother and Mark pulled his 830 tractor at around 1 PM, then we were out of there by 1:30.

Tractor pull:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INWOptinztE

If this tractor looks familiar, it's because he pulled it last year as well:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8P_5NXo_qU

:cool:

SteveT
08-11-2009, 04:06 AM
Great vids Nate

Good job Mark :)

Eric4
08-11-2009, 04:39 AM
Great Paint on that Deere! Quite a transformation in a year.

MattHughesRocks
08-11-2009, 04:47 AM
Great story and video Nathan! I feel like I was there :w00t:

:ninja:

Mac
08-11-2009, 05:00 AM
Shoulda done calcium in the truck tires Mark lol.

Chuck
08-11-2009, 05:08 AM
Shoulda done calcium in the truck tires Mark lol.

Huh?

Care to explain that to a city slicker??

Mac
08-11-2009, 05:18 AM
Huh?

Care to explain that to a city slicker??

Yes.

Liquid calcium is added to tractor tires for extra weight right where you need it . Water weighs like 8 lbs per gallon . Liquid calcium is right at 10 lbs per gallon . So in theory , If you can get 10 gallons of calcium in each truck tire thats an extra 400 pounds of weight to put traction down to the ground . And it is not spread out over the springs on the truck . It is the tires them selves which is right where you need it .

The draw back is , calcium is rough on stuff , its corosive over an extended amoutn of time . Plus that much extra weight on the drive line parts is going to cause something to grenade itself. But Marks truck is a k30 . Which is the heaviest duty truck chevrolet ever built . Its got a dana 60 front axle which is virtually indestructable , and a corp 14 bolt rear axle which is pretty much bomb proof. The transfercase is a np205 which is a cast iron gear to gear case , not a chain drive like the 203 or 208. The transmission is a deep pan th 400 , the only stouter tranny out there for those trucks is the sm465 manual . If something did break itself it would have been a u joint i imagine . but with it just being an extra 100 pounds per tire , those one ton axles wouldve handled it no problem.

that clear it up for ya ? lol

Boomer
08-11-2009, 05:42 AM
Bahhhh .. again with the videos!!! Nate got some pictures ... can't see those danr things!!

MattHughesRocks
08-11-2009, 06:07 AM
Now this was exactly what I was going to say. Chuck, you need to get out more :blink:

Liquid calcium is added to tractor tires for extra weight right where you need it . Water weighs like 8 lbs per gallon . Liquid calcium is right at 10 lbs per gallon . So in theory , If you can get 10 gallons of calcium in each truck tire thats an extra 400 pounds of weight to put traction down to the ground . And it is not spread out over the springs on the truck . It is the tires them selves which is right where you need it .

The draw back is , calcium is rough on stuff , its corosive over an extended amoutn of time . Plus that much extra weight on the drive line parts is going to cause something to grenade itself. But Marks truck is a k30 . Which is the heaviest duty truck chevrolet ever built . Its got a dana 60 front axle which is virtually indestructable , and a corp 14 bolt rear axle which is pretty much bomb proof. The transfercase is a np205 which is a cast iron gear to gear case , not a chain drive like the 203 or 208. The transmission is a deep pan th 400 , the only stouter tranny out there for those trucks is the sm465 manual . If something did break itself it would have been a u joint i imagine . but with it just being an extra 100 pounds per tire , those one ton axles wouldve handled it no problem.

Boomer
08-11-2009, 06:12 AM
Now this was exactly what I was going to say. Chuck, you need to get out more :blink:

Pfffttt yeah .. EVERYONE knows that all you have to go is glue a bag of calcium on your tires and it makes the tires heavier. The trick is not ripping the bag. :blink:

MattHughesRocks
08-11-2009, 07:24 AM
You really should check into getting a different connection Matt. The videos are super cool! Mark's doing flips and stuff in the tractors:w00t: He was going so fast at one point he about lost it. Exciting stuff my friend!:w00t:

Bahhhh .. again with the videos!!! Nate got some pictures ... can't see those danr things!!

Boomer
08-11-2009, 07:27 AM
You really should check into getting a different connection Matt. The videos are super cool! Mark's doing flips and stuff in the tractors:w00t: He was going so fast at one point he about lost it. Exciting stuff my friend!:w00t:

:angry:

MattHughesRocks
08-11-2009, 07:34 AM
:laugh:

Chuck
08-11-2009, 01:24 PM

I like the part where the tractor is headed towards the crowd and the Country Sage jumps in front of the lady with her baby..:Whistle:

Chuck
08-11-2009, 01:25 PM
Yes.

that clear it up for ya ? lol
Oh yeah... my head hurts now, but I get it!

Mac you have a PhD in Redneckery that's for sure!!!!

Can I call you Doctor?

VCURamFan
08-11-2009, 02:25 PM
Oh yeah... my head hurts now, but I get it!

Mac you have a PhD in Redneckery that's for sure!!!!

Can I call you Doctor?Hahaha, that's awesome. We need an "Ask Dr. Mac" thread.:laugh:

Twinsmama
08-11-2009, 02:39 PM
I like the part where the tractor is headed towards the crowd and the Country Sage jumps in front of the lady with her baby..:Whistle:

We had mudraces down here this last weekend too. No pulls though just side by side racing. A truck got a little crazy and went up towards a bunch of people and hit a barrier where a bunch of people were at. Luckily everyone that sat on the barrier got off before it got to them.

Mac, my husbands Chevy is an 83 but all else the same as Mark's. I actually understood what you were talkin about except the calcium because we don't really do pulls around here. unless they hook up to each other but that usually ends with someone broken. we usually mud a lot and if my kids have any say in what we do we are going muddin. my husband is get back surgery in a few weeks so we can only watch right now:cry: i'll have to show you some pictures when he can get back to mudding

MattHughesRocks
08-11-2009, 03:01 PM
I know! And did you see Superman in the background trying to save them but got beat out by the country sage?:w00t: I didn't know Mark got a Mohawk.What the the hells that all about? :blink:

VCURamFan
08-11-2009, 03:42 PM
I know! And did you see Superman in the background trying to save them but got beat out by the country sage?:w00t: I didn't know Mark got a Mohawk.What the the hells that all about? :blink:I gotta say, I never thought that truck & tractor pull meant that the contestant actually grabs the vehicle & pulls it down the track bare handed!:scared0015: :blink:

MattHughesRocks
08-11-2009, 03:45 PM
So yeah...Boomer you need to get to better internet service asap dude you are missing out!

Boomer
08-11-2009, 04:15 PM

:w00t: :scared0011: :w00t: :scared0011: And did he use his sage like country powers to outsmart the tractor and build a rudimentary safety wall JUST in the nick of time so that all were saved and they celebrated with a nice slab of bacon!! :w00t:

Boomer
08-11-2009, 04:17 PM
I know! And did you see Superman in the background trying to save them but got beat out by the country sage?:w00t: I didn't know Mark got a Mohawk.What the the hells that all about? :blink:

:mellow: now I know you are just lying. mark would never get a Mohawk. :mellow:

NateR
08-11-2009, 04:36 PM
:mellow: now I know you are just lying. mark would never get a Mohawk. :mellow:

That's totally true, except for that one time that Mark got a mohawk; but otherwise I agree completely.

Boomer
08-11-2009, 04:39 PM
That's totally true, except for that one time that Mark got a mohawk; but otherwise I agree completely.

that's it ... I'm breaking out the satillite station again. You guy are going to get me in trouble .... :angry: But this I gotta see. If Mark has a mohawk .. I gotta see it.

VCURamFan
08-11-2009, 04:40 PM
That's totally true, except for that one time that Mark got a mohawk; but otherwise I agree completely.Pwned.:laugh:

MattHughesRocks
08-12-2009, 02:50 AM
Yeah, like we care if you get fired and sent home. :laugh: Sorry buddy :winking0071:

that's it ... I'm breaking out the satillite station again. You guy are going to get me in trouble .... :angry: But this I gotta see. If Mark has a mohawk .. I gotta see it.

Boomer
08-14-2009, 05:46 PM
lies :irked:

Chuck
08-14-2009, 06:02 PM
lies :irked:
Nope.... all true!!

We were going to tell you about the free Gummi's but we didn't have the heart!!

Boomer
08-14-2009, 06:20 PM
I just watched them ...... no superman .... no sage .... to woman with baby ... and no mohawk. Can't even tell its Mark.

<curls fist and mutters>

liessss

Crisco
Yeah, like we care if you get fired and sent home. :laugh: Sorry buddy :winking0071:

They don't send you home...

They leave you in the desert... :ninja: :cry:

VCURamFan
Nope.... all true!!

We were going to tell you about the free Gummi's but we didn't have the heart!!I know, right? Who ever would have known you could make a tractor emit Gummis out the tail-pipe instead of exhaust fumes!?

Boomer
08-14-2009, 06:22 PM
All of you ... OFF the Christmas card list. You'll just have to wonder what crazy pose me and snitchel would have this year. :angry:

VCURamFan
08-14-2009, 06:42 PM
All of you ... OFF the Christmas card list. You'll just have to wonder what crazy pose me and snitchel would have this year. :angry:Wait, I was ever on the Christmas card list???:happydancing:

TexasRN
08-14-2009, 07:36 PM
Wait, I was ever on the Christmas card list???:happydancing:

You were going to be on THIS year's. :unsure-1: And this year Matt is going to use Boomer's list to send out invites to the Christmas party. I'm sorry. I'll remember you when we are standing around the bonfire roasting marshmallows while singing Jingle Bells and waiting for the sleigh rides to start.

~Amy

VCURamFan
08-14-2009, 08:09 PM
You were going to be on THIS year's. :unsure-1: And this year Matt is going to use Boomer's list to send out invites to the Christmas party. I'm sorry. I'll remember you when we are standing around the bonfire roasting marshmallows while singing Jingle Bells and waiting for the sleigh rides to start.

~Amy:scared0011:

:blink:

:unsure:

:sad:

:cry:
's not funny. That's just mean.

TexasRN
08-14-2009, 09:03 PM
:scared0011:

:blink:

:unsure:

:sad:

:cry:
's not funny. That's just mean.

I'm sorry. I won't eat any marshmallows then. :sad:

~Amy

Boomer
08-14-2009, 09:23 PM
I'm sorry. I won't eat any marshmallows then. :sad:

~Amy

:laugh: :laugh: have I told you I loved you today??? :laugh: :laugh:

TexasRN
08-14-2009, 09:36 PM
:laugh: :laugh: have I told you I loved you today??? :laugh: :laugh:

If I made you smile, even just a little, I consider it a good day. :cool: And it's even better that it's at Ben's expense. :laugh:

~Amy

Boomer
08-14-2009, 09:42 PM
I laughed and just read it again and laughed some more. :D And its 100am again and Im still on here.

Goood night!!!

MattHughesRocks
08-15-2009, 02:45 AM
Well, sucks to be him then huh? :laugh:

They don't send you home...

They leave you in the desert... :ninja: :cry:

MattHughesRocks
08-15-2009, 02:46 AM
Sucka :laugh:

I just watched them ...... no superman .... no sage .... to woman with baby ... and no mohawk. Can't even tell its Mark.

<curls fist and mutters>

liessss

MattHughesRocks
08-15-2009, 02:49 AM
Wait I didn't see this! :scared0011: I didn't mean anything that I said...ever! :scared0011:

All of you ... OFF the Christmas card list. You'll just have to wonder what crazy pose me and snitchel would have this year. :angry:

mikthehick
08-15-2009, 04:43 AM
If I made you smile, even just a little, I consider it a good day. :cool: And it's even better that it's at Ben's expense. :laugh:

~Amy

Kim D likes this. :happy0159: