PDA

View Full Version : Man tricks woman into changing his diapers

Play The Man
08-10-2009, 08:17 PM
http://www.floridatoday.com/article/20090809/NEWS01/908090319/-1/SEVENDAYS

Janet Schulte believed the man when he told her by phone that his 40-something, disabled brother needed a caregiver who could bottle-feed him and change his diapers.

What the Melbourne woman can't believe is that he committed no crime, now that she said she has found out the situation was a charade: that the man and his brother were same person.

And that he didn't have the disabilities he claimed to have.

"I feel violated," Schulte said, sharing her story because she said the man has deceived other women and will try again. "I feel disgusted."

Investigators and prosecutors have refused to pursue charges, saying Schulte was paid and agreed to provide the care.

FLORIDA TODAY is not identifying him because he is not being charged.

"I consented to change his diapers, but I legitimately thought this man needed help," she said. "How can that not be a crime for him to come into my house and expose himself?"
The deception began, Schulte said, when she placed an ad online on Craigslist.org offering child care services.

She said a man called and asked Schulte if she knew any special-needs caregivers.

And, she said, his story went on.

The man told Schulte that a car accident left his brother with physical disabilities, including weak arms, poor bladder control and the mental capacity of a 5-year-old.
I took care of him just like I would my kids," she said. "I rubbed his head when he was falling asleep. I waited on him hand and foot."

In the three months Schulte provided care, she said the man never slipped out of character.
Schulte said his behavior was never sexual in nature. She briefly posted a warning on Craigslist, and she said five women wrote to her, saying they had nearly been taken in by the scam.

Some suggested that it might be an "adult baby" or "diaper-lover" fetish. Often, people with such fetishes want to be treated as babies and talk in barely audible voices, as the man did.:wacko:

Maldonado136
08-10-2009, 08:23 PM
wha....

Crisco
08-10-2009, 08:28 PM
What a world lol

Preach
08-10-2009, 08:32 PM
I cant believe they have ran this add.. I have been proven guilty and all they are doing is dragging my character through the mud. ggggaaaaaahhh gaaaahhh goooo goooo

Mac
08-10-2009, 08:33 PM
I had been wondering what Chuck had been up to.

Chuck
08-10-2009, 08:55 PM
I had been wondering what Chuck had been up to.

LOL... Oh sure... just because it's in FLORIDA!!!!

She was kinda cute though.. :wink:

County Mike
08-11-2009, 12:32 AM
A hahaha. Sounds like a master scam. I guess it should be illegal, but it seems too funny at the same time. He should get away with it one time.

MattHughesRocks
08-11-2009, 03:46 AM
I wonder how much she got paid :laugh:

sender
08-11-2009, 04:31 AM
.... BAHAHAHHHAAHA

Chuck
08-11-2009, 05:10 AM

How would I know???????????????? :ninja:

:laugh:

Play The Man
08-11-2009, 05:48 AM

According to the article (a portion that was not pasted here), she was paid $600 per week. The guy wasn't just a pervert, he was a deadbeat, according to the article he only paid her "erratic[ly]"

TexasRN
08-11-2009, 12:41 PM
If you fall for something like that, you deserve what you get.

~Amy

VCURamFan
08-11-2009, 01:50 PM
If you fall for something like that, you deserve what you get.

~AmyThat's what I was thinking. I mean, I figured that if you're hired to care for someone, basic commonsense would tell you to check out their medical history. Even if you 100% believe this story on faith (like this woman apparently did), wouldn't you want to know the ins & outs of their medical condition so you could better provide for them, especially in case of an emergency?

TexasRN
08-11-2009, 02:17 PM
That's what I was thinking. I mean, I figured that if you're hired to care for someone, basic commonsense would tell you to check out their medical history. Even if you 100% believe this story on faith (like this woman apparently did), wouldn't you want to know the ins & outs of their medical condition so you could better provide for them, especially in case of an emergency?

Yes. To all of it. I don't feel bad for people who get duped like this. She learned a valuable lesson from it. :laugh:

~Amy

Chuck
08-11-2009, 02:47 PM
Yes. To all of it. I don't feel bad for people who get duped like this. She learned a valuable lesson from it. :laugh:

~Amy

Well I hate to say it but I don't see a huge problem here... she was asked to provide a service, she did and she was paid for it.

TexasRN
08-11-2009, 03:27 PM
Well I hate to say it but I don't see a huge problem here... she was asked to provide a service, she did and she was paid for it.

I have no problem with it either but evidently she did after she realized what happened. I think her main issue was that she wasn't paid regularly. If he'd paid her well, she would still be working for him. Betcha.

~Amy

VCURamFan
08-11-2009, 03:44 PM
I have no problem with it either but evidently she did after she realized what happened. I think her main issue was that she wasn't paid regularly. If he'd paid her well, she would still be working for him. Betcha.

~AmyMaybe she wasn't paid regularly because she didn't change him regularly.

"Tell you what, I ate your check this month. You change me when you're supposed to & eventually you'll find it in there!":laugh:

County Mike
08-11-2009, 06:11 PM
Did it say how she eventually found out he was faking? It said he never fell out of character, so how did she know?

Play The Man
08-11-2009, 06:21 PM
Did it say how she eventually found out he was faking? It said he never fell out of character, so how did she know?

Her husband was suspicious so he followed the guy after he left their home. The guy had a car parked a few blocks away. He supposedly had the mind of a 5-year-old but the husband observed him get in the car and drive away. The husband confronted him and he admitted to it.

Chuck
08-11-2009, 06:34 PM
Maybe she wasn't paid regularly because she didn't change him regularly.

"Tell you what, I ate your check this month. You change me when you're supposed to & eventually you'll find it in there!":laugh:

Yuck!!!

Did he pay her in corn? :Whistle:

VCURamFan
08-11-2009, 06:40 PM
Her husband was suspicious so he followed the guy after he left their home. The guy had a car parked a few blocks away. He supposedly had the mind of a 5-year-old but the husband observed him get in the car and drive away. The husband confronted him and he admitted to it.So wait, this "mentally incompetent" dude would walk to her house, have his diaper changed & then walk home again? Wow, if she didn't see anything wrong with this then I've got a bridge she might be interested in buying...

Play The Man
08-11-2009, 06:46 PM
So wait, this "mentally incompetent" dude would walk to her house, have his diaper changed & then walk home again? Wow, if she didn't see anything wrong with this then I've got a bridge she might be interested in buying...

I think she was told that an aunt of his lived two blocks away. He would spend part of the day with the woman, almost like a daycare situation.

VCURamFan
08-11-2009, 06:50 PM
I think she was told that an aunt of his lived two blocks away. He would spend part of the day with the woman, almost like a daycare situation.And she never found it odd that the aunt didn't walk him over? This lady sounds like a real candidate for Mensa!:laugh:

Crisco
08-12-2009, 08:41 PM
He was a really smart 5 yr old.