PDA

View Full Version : Repeat of 1976?

Tyburn
08-07-2009, 11:04 PM
Summer of 1976 saw the coastal Shire of Norfolk enveloped in a mass of billions of ladybirds. Apparently the Aphid population had flourished and when the supplies in Europe ran out, they crossed the channel and descended like a swarm

A couple of days later there were mountains of dead ladybirds when the Aphids had all been eaten and the poor things all starved to death. Well its happening again. Mother and Father are on Holiday in Norfolk less then a few miles south of Cromer on the Coast...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMIALWjgQpM

This was I think the day or two before the major swarms arrived :laugh:

...and then it got MUCH worse

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhL2e7mIzHQ

Play The Man
08-07-2009, 11:47 PM
You must mean ladybugs.

MattHughesRocks
08-08-2009, 02:12 AM
:laugh:

You must mean ladybugs.

Tyburn
08-08-2009, 11:14 AM
You must mean ladybugs.
In England we call them Ladybirds because they fly like birds. Bugs are insects that dont have wings, or do have wings but cant fly :mellow:

VCURamFan
08-08-2009, 02:44 PM
In England we call them Ladybirds because they fly like birds. Bugs are insects that dont have wings, or do have wings but cant fly :mellow:False. -1

Tyburn
08-08-2009, 02:50 PM
False. -1
Thats what a "bug" means to me.

We always call them LadyBIRDS not LadyBUGS :blink:

VCURamFan
08-08-2009, 03:18 PM
Thats what a "bug" means to me.Hey, you're not getting off that easy. You wouldn't let me get away with yams, so I'm not letting you get away with this one, either!!!

Tyburn
08-08-2009, 03:54 PM
Hey, you're not getting off that easy. You wouldn't let me get away with yams, so I'm not letting you get away with this one, either!!!
Yams and Sweet Potatoes are genetically different plants. Ladybugs/Ladybirds are the exact SAME thing Except in England we call it bird and in the US you obviously call them bug.

Dont make me mention you in my blog again :angry: :laugh: :laugh: