PDA

View Full Version : Chocolate-covered Bacon!

Play The Man
08-07-2009, 05:32 AM
http://www.wbay.com/Global/story.asp?S=10860325

The 158th Wisconsin State Fair is now underway in West Allis.

Along with the many animals at the fair, there are also the famous cream puffs and 45 different kinds of foods on a stick.

More than a dozen of those foods on a stick are new additions this year, including a cherry pie. Vendors say you can't go wrong with food on a stick.

"It's a novelty item, you know, it's a novelty thing and it just makes it interesting and fun. They're fun foods," John Kalashian from Catfish Johnny's said.

But a food item that doesn't come on a stick seems to be getting all the attention. Chocolate-covered bacon is expected to be a big hit.

"We didn't know it was going to get this much coverage, so we've actually stepped up production like threefold," a worker selling chocolate-covered bacon said. "We're expecting to do 75,000 to 100,000 slices while we're down here."

"Loved chocolate-covered bacon," fair-goer Mary Cummings said. "It's really kind of sweet. It's very sweet and it makes the bacon extra good."

The Wisconsin Machine Shed out of Pewaukee brought the bacon to the fair.

"It's the Machine Shed's first year down here at the state fair so we wanted to make quite the statement, and I think this is making it. We've sold about 5,000-7,000 today," the company's Terry Waite said.

If you're curious, the Machine Shed shared how they make this treat. They take a strip of bacon, skewer it, bake it, chill it, then dip it in chocolate. They add a little sea salt on top.
Has anyone tasted this? I'm intrigued.

Mac
08-07-2009, 05:37 AM
Never had chocolate covered bacon lol.

But one of my favorite sandwhiches is peanut butter and Bacon . Seriously , try it some time , it is 20 times better than what you think it would be.

Play The Man
08-07-2009, 05:46 AM
Never had chocolate covered bacon lol.

But one of my favorite sandwhiches is peanut butter and Bacon . Seriously , try it some time , it is 20 times better than what you think it would be.

Sounds good. Maybe give it the Elvis treatment and fry it. How about a fried peanut butter, jelly and chocolate-covered bacon sandwich?

Mac
08-07-2009, 05:52 AM
Sounds good. Maybe give it the Elvis treatment and fry it. How about a fried peanut butter, jelly and chocolate-covered bacon sandwich?

Hmm , like a toasted cheese ehh . DOnt sound bad

But the chocolate covered bacon is really throwin me off lol.

Play The Man
08-07-2009, 06:00 AM
Hmm , like a toasted cheese ehh . DOnt sound bad

But the chocolate covered bacon is really throwin me off lol.

Unfortunately, due to a bad cholesterol profile, bacon is in my past; however, I occasionally eat turkey bacon and unlike most "healthier" food, it is really good. Maybe next time I get turkey bacon I will try it with peanut butter. I'll skip the Elvis treatment. He died at what, 42? I hope to live longer than that.

Primadawn
08-07-2009, 11:58 AM
Chocolate covered bacon!?! That just might be the perfect food!

I looooove salty/sweet mixtures--I dip my fries into my frosty at Wendy's and have been known to dip chips into frosting...I know...but don't knock it til you try it....:laugh:

I'm sooooo gonna try chocolate covered bacon!:happydancing:

Boomer
08-07-2009, 06:03 PM
Everything mentioned here sounds absolutely outstanding!!! Mac when Iget back, bacon and peanut butter, and for desert, bacon covered in chocolate. :w00t:

Play The Man
08-07-2009, 06:04 PM
Chocolate covered bacon!?! That just might be the perfect food!

I looooove salty/sweet mixtures--I dip my fries into my frosty at Wendy's and have been known to dip chips into frosting...I know...but don't knock it til you try it....:laugh:

I'm sooooo gonna try chocolate covered bacon!:happydancing:

If you're going to make it yourself, use milk chocolate. I heard the cooks interviewed on the radio and they said milk chocolate tasted the best.

Boomer
08-07-2009, 06:05 PM
oh and Gregory, you can come too. :D

Play The Man
08-07-2009, 06:27 PM

It would be hard to turn down chocolate-covered bacon.

Primadawn
08-08-2009, 11:55 AM

WTF?:angry:

Tyburn
08-09-2009, 11:51 PM
:ashamed: can I come Prima :huh:

mikthehick
08-10-2009, 02:40 PM
Has anyone tasted this? I'm intrigued.

Trust me, chocolate covered anything is awesome, especially if the food is salty. For example, chocolate covered potato chips, popcorn, or pretzels....

but then again, I have an aversion for un-conventional foods as well :cool:

Try it, you may like it.

Boomer
08-11-2009, 05:48 AM

:laugh: dawn, you know you always have an open invitation and long as you wear something sassy and flirt with me. :D

VCURamFan
08-11-2009, 02:35 PM
:laugh: dawn, you know you always have an open invitation and long as you wear something sassy and flirt with me. :DHah, big "if"! That's like telling the Pope he's always welcome as long as he wears a funny hat & talks in Latin!

Boomer
08-11-2009, 04:27 PM
Hah, big "if"! That's like telling the Pope he's always welcome as long as he wears a funny hat & talks in Latin!
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Primadawn
08-12-2009, 09:50 PM
I'm sure I have no idea what either of you are talking about~:Whistle:

Dave and I will have a private bacon party! :angry:

Crisco
08-12-2009, 10:07 PM

That sounded dirty

VCURamFan
08-13-2009, 12:51 AM
Dave and I will have a private bacon party! Dave's finally getting his Green Card!!!!:happydancing:

Tyburn
08-13-2009, 01:00 AM

Yes we will.

:laugh: