PDA

View Full Version : Arlovski admits to suicide games (Russian Roulette) after last 2 losses

Maldonado136
08-06-2009, 07:34 PM
Andrei Arlovski Confesses Suicide Games After Losses to Fedor Emelianenko, Brett Rogers
Posted by Chad Edward on August 5th, 2009

Fighters.com’s tenth-ranked heavyweight “Pitbull” Andrei Arlovski (14-7) confessed to playing Russian roulette Wednesday night, a suicidal gamble during which a revolver is loaded with a single round, the cylinder spun, and then placed against the temple. The hopeless player pulls the trigger, chancing the bullet could end their life.

“First time I was 16, second time I was 30,” said the thirty-year old former UFC heavyweight champion. “It’s when you don’t care about anything.”

Arlovski was knocked out in 22 seconds by fourth-ranked “Grim” Brett Rogers (8-0) at Strikeforce in St. Louis 6 June after meeting the same end in the first round by Fighters.com Heavyweight Champion “Last Emperor” Fedor Emelianenko (29-1) at Affliction M-1 Global in Anaheim 24 January.

When quizzed about the perception of a “glass jaw”, Arlovski responded, “In the heavyweight division, it’s no joke. I wasn’t knocked out [by Rogers]. He just punch me and the referee stopped the fight. I was completely conscious. I think “Big” John McCarthy did a good job. Who knows. Who knows, maybe I come back. Perhaps he could punch me a couple more times and give me some injury.”

After his devastating second knockout loss, Arlovski returned to his native Belarus. “I talked to some priest. He read me a poem,” Arlovski related. He also spent couch time with a sports psychologist to the Russian Olympic wrestling team and communed with his family.

“I cried a lot after my fights, you know. When I lost to Fedor, I cried. When I lost to Rogers, I cried. You might be surprised, but I had tears alot in my last relationship,” Arlovski told, referencing his relationship with Playboy model Patricia Mikula.

“I want to box!” Arlovski announced his return to combat will be as a professional boxer at the end of September or beginning of October. “I definitely will continue to train with Freddie Roach.”

However, Arlovski indicated there was friction between his MMA trainers and Roach, a living legend in boxing.

“No more experiments,” Arlovski described his time with Roach training for MMA. “I have to come back to my old routines.” He announced that Roach will train him exclusively for boxing matches going forward.

Though he proclaimed, “I am an MMA fighter,” Arlovski’s MMA future is hazy. “I don’t want to make any predictions. I have a manager,” he said, noting that fighting in Japan, “would be real interesting for me, of course.”

http://www.fighters.com/08/05/andrei-arlovski-confesses-suicide-games-after-losses-to-fedor-emelianenko-brett-rogers

matthughesfan21
08-06-2009, 08:40 PM
thats f'd up

Crisco
08-06-2009, 09:04 PM
Eastern block baby

que
08-06-2009, 09:21 PM
that would have been sad if killed himself. good thing he got lucky

Josh
08-06-2009, 09:24 PM
That's weird I remember adter he lost to Fedor posting here after his post fight vid that someone should put him on suicide watch. Glad he lived.

Jason 16
08-06-2009, 09:50 PM
That's weird I remember adter he lost to Fedor posting here after his post fight vid that someone should put him on suicide watch. Glad he lived.

**** I just thought of that

atomdanger
08-06-2009, 09:53 PM
Too bad, I am a huge AA fan, I hope he gets his head worked out.

Crisco
08-06-2009, 10:03 PM
Too bad, I am a huge AA fan, I hope he gets his head worked out.

He needs a win

Mac
08-07-2009, 05:28 AM
Just lost all respect for that man , What an idiot .

Why dont you just do it the extreme way. Load 5 in the revolver and leave one blank . If your gonna gamble , gamble big, dumbass.

Play The Man
08-07-2009, 06:07 AM
I hope he has a wise peer that will sit him down and have a long talk with him

rearnakedchoke
08-07-2009, 03:07 PM
I would kill myself too if my girl dumped me for Tim Sylvia ...

MattHughesRocks
08-07-2009, 03:27 PM
I don't think that turned out to be true.

MattHughesRocks
08-07-2009, 03:27 PM
You are so messed up Mac.

Why dont you just do it the extreme way. Load 5 in the revolver and leave one blank . If your gonna gamble , gamble big, dumbass.

atomdanger
08-07-2009, 03:51 PM

ouch

Tyburn
08-07-2009, 07:43 PM

Why dont you tell him to play it with an automatic weapon? Then he wont lose will he? (presupposing you actually WIN if you kill yourself)

:laugh:

Oh I'm sorry, this is so not funny at all :unsure: but Russian Roulette is not supposed to be a solo game. You dont do it on your own, you play it in groups...it sounds more like suicide that went wrong...pun intended :mellow:

Crisco
08-07-2009, 08:37 PM

how tastes his big peepee

rearnakedchoke
08-07-2009, 08:39 PM
LOL ...

Chuck
08-07-2009, 10:08 PM

I LOL'd.... :laugh:

Crisco
08-07-2009, 10:27 PM
I LOL'd.... :laugh:

I can die now.. Made Chuck Lol.

Chuck
08-07-2009, 10:38 PM
I can die now.. Made Chuck Lol.

Twice!!! :-)

Don't die before you come to NPR or I come up there though!