PDA

View Full Version : Charles Manson Follower, "Squeaky" Fromme To Be Released

Play The Man
08-06-2009, 05:39 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,537541,00.html?test=latestnews

The Charles Manson follower convicted of attempting to assassinate President Gerald Ford is set to be released from a federal prison in Texas later this month after serving more than 30 years behind bars.

Lynette "Squeaky" Fromme was a 26-year-old disciple of the cult murderer Manson when she aimed a semiautomatic .45- caliber pistol at Ford in September 1975 in Sacramento, Calif. Secret Service agents grabbed her and Ford was unhurt.

Fromme, now 60, is scheduled to be released on parole from the Federal Medical Center Carswell in Fort Worth on Aug. 16, according to the Federal Bureau of Prisons and the court-appointed attorney who represented her at trial.

Fromme, who got a life term, became the first person sentenced under a special federal law covering assaults on U.S. presidents, a statute enacted after the 1963 assassination of President John F. Kennedy.

Ford was walking to the California State Capitol from his hotel when Fromme pushed through the crowd, drew the pistol from a holster on her thigh and pointed it at the president as he shook hands with well-wishers. She was restrained by Secret Service agents who wrested the gun away from her and led the president to safety.

Fromme served time in at least two other facilities before Carswell.

She escaped from a female prison in Alderson, W.Va., on Dec. 23, 1987, and was recaptured about two miles away on Christmas Day after a massive search. She was sentenced to an additional 15 months in prison for the escape.

Fromme had said she escaped from prison to be closer to Manson.

Manson is serving a life term in San Quentin in California for the 1969 murders of actress Sharon Tate and eight others. Fromme, one of his "family" of followers, was not implicated in those

What does it take to get a "real" life sentence? I guess trying to assassinate a president and being a Charles Manson disciple doesn't qualify. I feel sorry for the people that get to be this woman's new neighbor.

Crisco
08-06-2009, 01:40 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,537541,00.html?test=latestnews

What does it take to get a "real" life sentence? I guess trying to assassinate a president and being a Charles Manson disciple doesn't qualify. I feel sorry for the people that get to be this woman's new neighbor.

34 yrs is a long time man. She didn't even have a bullet chambered. She was just a nut who felt like she was being ignored by the establishment.

MattHughesRocks
08-06-2009, 06:04 PM
She'll probably just live in a Government paid for apartment some place with 12 cats and never even go out side.I doubt if she'll be a threat to anyone.Plus it's got to be cheaper on the tax payers to let her out to.

Play The Man
08-06-2009, 06:19 PM
34 yrs is a long time man. She didn't even have a bullet chambered. She was just a nut who felt like she was being ignored by the establishment.

I disagree. The Helter Skelter murders weren't committed by Manson himself. He used brain-washed followers to do the slaughter. Many (most) of his killers were females. It was a female that knifed pregnant Sharon Tate in the abdomen. "Squeaky" is a mind-numbed robot. The article didn't address it, but I am sure she still drinks the Manson Kool-Aid (although it does mention she was trying to be with Manson in '87). If Manson sent her a letter telling her to kill her neighbors, I believe that she would do it, don't you? She will be Manson's "hands" outside of prison.

Crisco
08-06-2009, 08:02 PM
I disagree. The Helter Skelter murders weren't committed by Manson himself. He used brain-washed followers to do the slaughter. Many (most) of his killers were females. It was a female that knifed pregnant Sharon Tate in the abdomen. "Squeaky" is a mind-numbed robot. The article didn't address it, but I am sure she still drinks the Manson Kool-Aid (although it does mention she was trying to be with Manson in '87). If Manson sent her a letter telling her to kill her neighbors, I believe that she would do it, don't you? She will be Manson's "hands" outside of prison.

Only one way to find out.

MattHughesRocks
08-06-2009, 08:17 PM
I think you watch too much television :laugh: Those girls were on drugs and still teenagers and early 20's. I doubt Manson has anything even close to the hold he had over them way back when.And felons can't write to each other either.They need a lot of go between to communicate and I think they are both way to old and would gas out before they would even begin to be able to get each other secret killing messages :laugh:

Play The Man
08-06-2009, 08:21 PM
Only one way to find out.

True, but that is why I want her locked up in a cell for the rest of her life.

Play The Man
08-06-2009, 08:48 PM
I think you watch too much television :laugh: Those girls were on drugs and still teenagers and early 20's. I doubt Manson has anything even close to the hold he had over them way back when.And felons can't write to each other either.They need a lot of go between to communicate and I think they are both way to old and would gas out before they would even begin to be able to get each other secret killing messages :laugh:

I don't get my caution from television. I would prefer not to get into specifics, but I have been in prison (not as a convict) many times and have been in the presence of killers, although not "Squeaky". The Helter Skelter members of Manson's "Family" have, indeed, renounced Manson and their crimes (whether it is genuine remorse or not, who knows); however, "Squeaky" remains devoted to Manson. She is a dangerous woman. She bashed a fellow inmate in the head with a claw hammer. Manson routinely gets artwork and personal items out of prison to sell on the "murderabilia" market. Communicating with Fromme would be possible. Manson is a sociopath. Controlling "Squeaky" is enjoyment for him; kind of like you getting enjoyment out of eating chocolate cake. He may be old, but he has unlimited time on his hands and causing trouble is what "gets him off". If "Squeaky" is just a kooky cat lady, would you allow her to move next door to you?

Crisco
08-06-2009, 09:08 PM
I don't get my caution from television. I would prefer not to get into specifics, but I have been in prison (not as a convict) many times and have been in the presence of killers, although not "Squeaky". The Helter Skelter members of Manson's "Family" have, indeed, renounced Manson and their crimes (whether it is genuine remorse or not, who knows); however, "Squeaky" remains devoted to Manson. She is a dangerous woman. She bashed a fellow inmate in the head with a claw hammer. Manson routinely gets artwork and personal items out of prison to sell on the "murderabilia" market. Communicating with Fromme would be possible. Manson is a sociopath. Controlling "Squeaky" is enjoyment for him; kind of like you getting enjoyment out of eating chocolate cake. He may be old, but he has unlimited time on his hands and causing trouble is what "gets him off". If "Squeaky" is just a kooky cat lady, would you allow her to move next door to you?

I beat up old ladies all the time. Their not so tough.

On a serious note if I were in prison for the rest of my life The first person that messed with me would get there head bashed in with anything I can find.

Prison can be a much harder place when you become the bitch.

que
08-06-2009, 09:19 PM
imagine going in at 1969 and coming out at 2009. it's a whole different world now, she will not fit in anywhere. might as well just stay in prison where she is comfortable

MattHughesRocks
08-07-2009, 01:13 AM
Yes, well I have secrets I can not reveal and I say the old hag ain't doing nothing to nobody when she gets out.

atomdanger
08-07-2009, 01:15 AM
Anybody can write Manson, he has been in contact with the public for decades,
he hasn't convinced anybody else to do his bidding.
I doubt this old lady is going to be a problem.

Play The Man
08-07-2009, 05:20 AM
Anybody can write Manson, he has been in contact with the public for decades,
he hasn't convinced anybody else to do his bidding.
I doubt this old lady is going to be a problem.

Let us all hope that is the case.

MattHughesRocks
08-15-2009, 07:07 AM
She's oooooooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuttttttttttttttt tt :scared0011:

Hold on to your President people...or not :laugh:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/15/us/15release.html

Play The Man
08-15-2009, 08:23 PM
Citing privacy rules, federal officials would not say where Ms. Fromme, whose nickname is Squeaky, intended to live or who had picked her up, though they said she would be closely supervised.

Gee, thanks "federal officials". This woman is crazier than a *****house rat and nobody is allowed to know where she is moving?