PDA

View Full Version : Our Son - Timothy Jason Williams

billwilliams70
07-31-2009, 07:25 PM
I just wanted to take a moment to inform my Matt Hughes Family, that our 16 year old son, Timothy Jason Williams has passed away and gone to be with our Lord.

Tim collapsed on the football field on Tuesday after practice and died on Wednesday at Vanderbuilt Children's Hospital.

Information can be found at www.navefuneralhomes.com

Later,
Bill & Kim Williams

Play The Man
07-31-2009, 07:35 PM
:cry:

My sympathy is with you and your family.

County Mike
07-31-2009, 07:40 PM
Very sorry to hear that. You have my sympathy as well.

mikthehick
07-31-2009, 07:53 PM
Bill,

You and your family will be in my prayers, I'm so sorry.

Llamafighter
07-31-2009, 08:14 PM
Bill, my heart goes out to you and your family. I will be praying for you all.

Llamafighter
07-31-2009, 08:18 PM
here is an obituary I found.

Timothy Jason Williams

Timothy Jason Williams, 16, Fort Campbell, Ky., went to be with the Lord Wednesday, July 29, 2009, at Vanderbilt Medical Center in Nashville.

A memorial service will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at Faith Outreach Church with Pastors William Luffman and David Wesner officiating. The family prefers casual dress, favorite sporting attire or Fort Campbell Falcon gear.

Burial will be in Dunagun Cemetery in Rocky Face.

Visitation will be from 5 to 9 p.m. Friday at McReynolds-Nave and Larson Chapel and from 11 a.m. until the hour of service Saturday at the church.

He was born Jan. 28, 1993, in Fort Riley, Kan., the son of Sgt. Bill and Kim Williams. Tim was a member of Faith Outreach Church, was entering his junior year at Fort Campbell High School where he was a member of the two-time state champions Fort Campbell Falcons. He was a member of Club Beyond-Fort Campbell Chapter, a volunteer for the Fort Campbell Armed Service YMCA and Teen Volunteer of the Year nominee.

He is survived by his parents of Fort Campbell; maternal grandmother, Kathy Bagley; paternal grandparents, Linda and Timothy Williams; and his uncle, Jason Bagley.

Honorary pallbearers will be the Fort Campbell Football Team. In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to the Tim Williams Scholarship Fund, c/o Bank of America.

This announcement is a courtesy of Julian Peeples Funeral Home, Westside Chapel, Rocky Face.

Twinsmama
07-31-2009, 08:31 PM
I am so sorry to hear about your loss. He sounds like such a great young man. I hope you know we are all hurting with you and are here if you need anything.

TENNESSEAN
07-31-2009, 08:39 PM
I saw his story on the news last night. your in our prayers.http://www.wsmv.com/video/20230121/index.html

Preach
07-31-2009, 08:43 PM
Bill my heart goes out to you and your family. There are no words to say but that Gods love is there for you in this time of hurt and trial

Chuck
07-31-2009, 09:10 PM
OMG Bill I don't know what to say :cry: I will definitely be praying for you and your family...

rockdawg21
07-31-2009, 10:25 PM
Sorry to hear that Bill. God bless you and your family.

Spiritwalker
08-01-2009, 02:58 AM
having two kids.. I have a small understanding of what you are going through...nothing close to the real thing....

I am very sorry for your loss... No parent should ever have to bury their child.

Chris F
08-01-2009, 03:01 AM
Bill the loss of a loved one is often more then anyone can deal with. I have been in that boat more then I care to and know how you are feeling. All I can say is Jesus is the only real comfort. I pray you find peace in His loving arms. God bless.

SteveT
08-01-2009, 03:15 AM
Thoughts and prayers are to you and your family Bill.

lyndsey823
08-01-2009, 03:22 AM
My heart and prayers go out to your and your family Bill. From the news clip, your son seems like an amazing young man who will be greatly missed by everyone. Much love and many prayers your way my friend.

octagon junkie
08-01-2009, 05:58 AM
God bless. I have no other words.

MattHughesRocks
08-01-2009, 06:19 AM
Bill ,I am so sorry for your loss.

Boomer
08-01-2009, 01:43 PM
Bill, I just can't believe this. You were just in Afghanistan with me talking about this long year here and getting home to see your family and your son play football. You wouldn't even travel around much because your son didn't want you to not come home after a friends father was killed traveling around. When words fail all I can say is I am so sorry and my heart and prayers are with you. God's peace be with you my friend.

surveyorshawn
08-01-2009, 02:02 PM
Bill, I am so sorry for your loss! We are praying for you and your family through this hard time! God Bless you!!

Mac
08-01-2009, 02:33 PM
Im Sorry for your loss Bill . I know words are only so comforting , We are here if you need us buddy.

Neezar
08-02-2009, 12:36 PM
:cry:

God bless you and your family.

Oddtodd76
08-02-2009, 02:36 PM
I am so sorry for you and your family.

Tyburn
08-03-2009, 01:54 PM
:cry: I am So sorry for your loss. :sad:

We shall definatley keep you and your family in our thoughts and prayers

Primadawn
08-03-2009, 09:42 PM
Just read this as I've been away. So sorry for your family's loss Bill. I can't imagine what you must be going through. You're in our thoughts and prayers.

Rev
08-03-2009, 10:05 PM
I havnt been on for a few days so I just read this. I am sorry for your loss and I will keep you in my prayers.

VCURamFan
08-04-2009, 01:40 AM
Bill, I can't believe it. I had no idea until I read an article about it in the USA Today on the flight home. I was sharing a story with my Dad & then just stopped dead when I saw Tim's name, I couldn't believe it. I'm so sorry, Bill, I know how proud you were of him & how much you loved him. I've been praying for you & your family ever since I read it on Saturday, & I'll keep on doing so. Please let me know if there's anything I can do.

billwilliams70
08-04-2009, 06:02 PM
Thank you once again for your thoughts, prayers, and kind words.

We miss our son. On Earth, he was what my wife and I focused our lives around. We had big dreams for Tim and he had bigger ones.

He was a loving son, grandson, and nephew, a Gators fan, a Broncos fan (and I'm a Raiders fan), an MMA fan, a fisherman, a mountain biker, a practical joker, an excellent imitator of his head coach, a smiling friend to all, a protector of those that couldn't always protect themselves, a kind and thoughtful brother to his teammates, a boy that always strived to do better, a lover of animals, a daredevil, and so much more.

The night of the visitation, there were A LOT of people that showed up wearing a #73 button that some Falcon Momma's put together and the time just flew by as my wife and I stood, listening to each and every one of them share a moment of our sons life that we hadn't experienced first hand. The day of the memorial service, our church ushers handed out an additional 500(and then some) buttons and I noticed when I got up on the stage to say a few words that the place was packed (our church has two services and seats roughly 1500). That really got me thinking.....if I had passed when I was my son's age (16)I don't really think that many people would have showed up. I would have had the obligatory family members and such, but not teachers, coaches, teammates, the multitude of friends, State Representatives......

Tim is a wonderful young man, for those that know him, he's a joy to be around.

We've had a few of his friends over since and they've spent some time in his room or helping me get our new printer set up or tossing the football with me or eating with us or anything, and I see the hurt, the pain, and the loss in their eyes and I can feel the hurt in their hearts. So, please continue to pray for them, as we do, that they find strength to make it daily as they start school and start the season looking to 'top the hill' and win another state championship.

Thank you once again for taking the time to post a message to us here.

Later,
Bill