PDA

View Full Version : DVD help with youtube

MattHughesRocks
07-30-2009, 08:28 PM
I found a tape from many years ago and had it made into a DVD at Wal Mart ( some may remember my thread about where to have this done) Now I need help again, in getting it onto my youtube account so that I can share it (not with you guys you'd be bored trust me:laugh: )

I put the DVD into my computer then I.......What? Am I burning it, ripping it? How do I save it to name it and post it? I need you to describe it like you were describing it to a 5 year old.
Help!

Jason 16
07-30-2009, 08:33 PM
I found a tape from many years ago and had it made into a DVD at Wal Mart ( some may remember my thread about where to have this done) Now I need help again, in getting it onto my youtube account so that I can share it (not with you guys you'd be bored trust me:laugh: )

I put the DVD into my computer then I.......What? Am I burning it, ripping it? How do I save it to name it and post it? I need you to describe it like you were describing it to a 5 year old.Help!

well then dave should sit this one out :Whistle:

MattHughesRocks
07-30-2009, 09:05 PM
And I also need to know how to copy this DVD to send to family :)

Neezar
07-31-2009, 03:39 AM
*blank stare*

atomdanger
07-31-2009, 04:07 AM
You need to rip it to your computer.

RIP = UPLOAD.
Then, you need to UPLOAD it to youtube.

I assume you have some sort of video management software?
Alcohol? Nero? what?
Maybe WMP? (I don't use it so I am not sure).
Either way, your DVD burning / ripping program should have a rip button.

If you do not have a management program it wouldn't be a bad idea to get one.
Have you ever posted on youtube? Its just like uploading pictures on myspace, once the video is on your computer it should be easy.
At a worst case scenereo, put the dvd into your computer,
then open the files to view, don't play the video, but go to computer > then double click your dvd drive, right click your video files on the dvd and go to SEND TO > DOCUMENTS.
This will send a copy of the files to your documents.

From there, you log into your youtube, then upload said video

Chuck
07-31-2009, 04:23 AM
............. I need you to describe it like you were describing it to a 5 year old. Help!

Hey sweetie!!! I understand you have a problem with those big 'ol mean computers!! Here is what you need to do...

go to www.google.com and type "DVD to YouTube" then push "Enter"

After that you will see plenty of websites that offer help to people looking to do the exact same thing.

If you get confused or need help with the big words go ask a grown up. :D

How's that?? :)

Neezar
07-31-2009, 04:48 AM
You need to rip it to your computer.

RIP = UPLOAD.
Then, you need to UPLOAD it to youtube.

I assume you have some sort of video management software?
Alcohol? Nero? what?
Maybe WMP? (I don't use it so I am not sure).
Either way, your DVD burning / ripping program should have a rip button.

Michelle, apparently you have to get drunk to be able to do it. :laugh:

NateR
07-31-2009, 04:51 AM

I put the DVD into my computer then I.......What? Am I burning it, ripping it? How do I save it to name it and post it? I need you to describe it like you were describing it to a 5 year old.
Help!

It should be easy, just copy the VOB files to your computer, convert them to MP4, then upload to YouTube. Of course, there is a limit of 10 minutes for YouTube videos, so you might need to break the video up into several parts.

atomdanger
07-31-2009, 05:00 AM
Michelle, apparently you have to get drunk to be able to do it. :laugh:

Its a very popular program.

Neezar
07-31-2009, 05:01 AM
Its a very popular program.

I know. I do it all the time. :laugh:

NateR
07-31-2009, 05:23 AM
I know. I do it all the time. :laugh:

You have to be careful with it though, because it can corrupt your RAM and hard drive if you use it too much. But thankfully there is a 12-step program to repair the damage. :)

Neezar
07-31-2009, 06:24 AM
You have to be careful with it though, because it can corrupt your RAM and hard drive if you use it too much. But thankfully there is a 12-step program to repair the damage. :)

:laugh: :laugh: :happy0198:

MattHughesRocks
07-31-2009, 06:53 AM
Wow, look at that...NateR is funny...Chuck isn't at all...and the rest of us...apparently we just want to get drunk.My sleeping pills are kicking in so I'm giving up for the night.Besides, I still don't get it.I'll be bugging ya'll tomorrow.:blink: