PDA

View Full Version : Lifetime Channel: Ladies, Why?

Play The Man
07-30-2009, 05:27 AM
This is a question for the ladies. What is with women and Lifetime Channel? We only have one television and I often get forced to watch this stuff because my wife hogs the remote control. As best I can tell, the Lifetime genres are either "Beaters" or "Cheaters" - meaning, all the shows on Lifetime either involve men who are wife-"beaters" or men who are "cheaters" against their spouse or girlfriend. I have never seen so many programs about bigamy, stalking, date rape, etc. Why do women enjoy watching this stuff? At least men are predictable with Spike TV - fights, cleavage, stunts, etc. Please, ladies, tell me WHY?:scratchchin:

County Mike
07-30-2009, 10:54 AM
This is a question for the ladies. What is with women and Lifetime Channel? We only have one television and I often get forced to watch this stuff because my wife hogs the remote control. As best I can tell, the Lifetime genres are either "Beaters" or "Cheaters" - meaning, all the shows on Lifetime either involve men who are wife-"beaters" or men who are "cheaters" against their spouse or girlfriend. I have never seen so many programs about bigamy, stalking, date rape, etc. Why do women enjoy watching this stuff? At least men are predictable with Spike TV - fights, cleavage, stunts, etc. Please, ladies, tell me WHY?:scratchchin:

Solution: Man up and take control of the remote. If you let your wife control it, you deserve to be stuck watching Lifetime. :tongue0011:

TexasRN
07-30-2009, 11:26 AM
I don't watch the Lifetime Channel so I can't help on this one. I'm more of a Spike, history, discovery, or Versus kind of girl.

~Amy

mikthehick
07-30-2009, 01:07 PM
Ug, detest Lifetime!!! The only thing that channel is good for is.....well, nothing.

Thank God they moved the Golden Girls over to Hallmark :laugh:

I think women who watch these movies/shows about rape, beatings, cheaters, are missing something in their lives where they need to fill it up with psuedo dramatic situations that are usually fictional. I know some stories are real, but usually even those programs are fabricated and rewritten with excess drama.

There's enough wrong in the world as is, imo.

Play The Man
07-30-2009, 05:25 PM
Solution: Man up and take control of the remote. If you let your wife control it, you deserve to be stuck watching Lifetime. :tongue0011:

I can tell by your post that you aren't married. Don't worry . . . your time will come.:tongue0011:

County Mike
07-30-2009, 05:42 PM
I can tell by your post that you aren't married. Don't worry . . . your time will come.:tongue0011:

Sorry, but I am married. If Kelli wants to watch the lifetime channel while I want to watch something else, she'd probably go watch it in the bedroom. I get control of the remote in the living room. You probably made the mistake a long time ago of letting her have it. Now the precedent is set. Sorry buddy.

Play The Man
07-30-2009, 06:30 PM
Sorry, but I am married. If Kelli wants to watch the lifetime channel while I want to watch something else, she'd probably go watch it in the bedroom. I get control of the remote in the living room. You probably made the mistake a long time ago of letting her have it. Now the precedent is set. Sorry buddy.

I stand corrected. What does your wife think of the "Here For The Hot Women" comment in your avatar?:huh: Actually, Lifetime has become less of an issue. Now it is PBS Kids!

County Mike
07-30-2009, 08:32 PM
I stand corrected. What does your wife think of the "Here For The Hot Women" comment in your avatar?:huh: Actually, Lifetime has become less of an issue. Now it is PBS Kids!

She knows I joke around like that and she's cool with it. No kids yet so I haven't had to turn over the TV to them.

Play The Man
07-30-2009, 09:02 PM
She knows I joke around like that and she's cool with it. No kids yet so I haven't had to turn over the TV to them.

I've become an expert on Elmo, Barney and all the Disney characters.

Neezar
07-31-2009, 12:04 AM
I've become an expert on Elmo, Barney and all the Disney characters.

I catch myself with the TV on those channels when the kids aren't here. Then I will be like :huh: Hey! Wait a minute..... I don't have to watch this crap! :w00t:

:laugh:

MattHughesRocks
07-31-2009, 06:26 AM
I get stuck watching on occasion at Mom's house. I usually try to divert her attention."Mom let's go shopping!:w00t: " That always does the trick:laugh:

Maldonado136
08-01-2009, 03:22 AM
"All men are evil and will kill you because this is Lifetime"