PDA

View Full Version : BLOG: Valedictorian

NateR
07-27-2009, 08:36 PM
From Matt's blog:

Well, this week's been pretty slow. I've done a lot of work at the farm getting food plots ready for the deer. I planted some stuff weeks ago, but the deer won't even leave it alone long enough for it to come up. Not a lot going on.

(Valedictorian video removed by request.)

Like I said last week, I get scripture sent to my phone everyday. What I'm going to do is pick out the best one and post it here every week.

The scripture for this week is:
Who is a God like You, who pardons and forgives the transgressions of the remnant of His inheritance? You do not stay angry forever but delight to show mercy. (Micah 7:18)

-matt

Bonnie
07-27-2009, 09:08 PM
Well, he seems like a really nice, thoughtful young man given his speech and the emotion he wasn't too proud to show. You're probably right, some are going to laugh at him and poke fun. Hopefully, if he does see the video, he won't be too proud to laugh at himself and take their thunder away. :wink:

Thanks for deciding to post the scripture each week; great idea! :)

Tyburn
07-27-2009, 10:17 PM
its not the emotion that bothers me...its the...snot :mellow:

Rev
07-28-2009, 02:12 AM
Dude, I am going to say it, because I know everyone is thinking it. Hey, Dude! You have snot running down your face!!!

Someone should have given him a signal or something. Poor guy, can you imagine what his 10 year reunion is gonna be like!!!!!!

adamt
07-28-2009, 03:22 AM
i know you guys think that's funny, but it'snot

:laugh:

Boomer
07-28-2009, 04:38 AM
can't see videos :sad:

MattHughesRocks
07-28-2009, 04:56 AM
It's just about boogers so don't worry about it :laugh:

Tyburn
07-28-2009, 12:01 PM
Guy stands at podium, and reads an emotional three moment script about never forgetting his school dressed in his Graduation gown...meanwhile he seems un aware of the snot that come out of his nose, goes down across his lips and then hangs from his chin :unsure: You couldnt be unaware of it...surely...it wasnt small :scared0011:

Llamafighter
07-28-2009, 12:02 PM

Guys standing at podium giving an emotional speech and about a two foot snot rope crawls down his face and dangles about 3 inches off his chin.
HOW DID HE NOT FEEL IT!!!!!!!!

County Mike
07-28-2009, 01:01 PM
Guys standing at podium giving an emotional speech and about a two foot snot rope crawls down his face and dangles about 3 inches off his chin.

Love your description. "snot rope" - Can't watch video at work but maybe I'll remember to check when I get home.

Reminds me of a poem we said as kids:

I am a little bunny
my nose is always runny
some people think it's funny
but it'snot.

Bonnie
07-28-2009, 03:45 PM

I know! :scared0011: I mean, it was swinging like a pendulum! :blink:

And HELLLLOOOOO! You mean to tell me no one had a tissue or hankie they could have given the poor fella.

Llamafighter
07-28-2009, 03:53 PM
I know! :scared0011: I mean, it was swinging like a pendulum! :blink:

And HELLLLOOOOO! You mean to tell me no one had a tissue or hankie they could have given the poor fella.

My guess is this kid was bragging to everyone about his being named Valedictorian for weeks leading up to graduation. probably saying things like
"Be sure to bring plenty of tissues because my speech is going ot open up a waterworks of emotion".
and
"I hope I can hear myself speak over all the sniffling!"
So everyone had no problem sitting back and watching this goo worm escape from his nose! :laugh: :laugh:

Bonnie
07-28-2009, 04:04 PM
My guess is this kid was bragging to everyone about his being named Valedictorian for weeks leading up to graduation. probably saying things like
"Be sure to bring plenty of tissues because my speech is going ot open up a waterworks of emotion".
and
"I hope I can hear myself speak over all the sniffling!"
So everyone had no problem sitting back and watching this goo worm escape from his nose! :laugh: :laugh:

You do have a way with words, Mark: "snot rope" and "goo worm"!

I like the "goo worm"; it reminds me of gummy bears. Boomer's favorites! :w00t: Gee, I hope I haven't ruined them for him. :laugh:

Boomer
07-28-2009, 07:55 PM

Ok ... So I'm outside in Kabul Afghanistan and my Blackberry goes off ... normally that means someone in DC is trying to get hold of me. I look down and low and behold .. it's the country sage. I pick up and hear Matt on and off saying he was expecting to get my voice mail and I try to talk but its just not working .... Matt says call him back when I get a better signal .. so I hang up and it hit me that the convoy that just came in still had their counter measure devices on .. and it was scrambling my cell.

So I walk out away from the convoy and give Matt a call back. First thing he says is "So you can get phones calls in Afghanistan but you can't get video's?" I laugh and give a verbal shrug. We chat a bit and it comes back round to this VID and he asks if there is any computer that I can get on that can see this. Since Matt got such a kick outta the piece, I had to see it .. so I call some of my guys over and have them break out my satellite terminal .. you know ... for official government business. :ninja:

I log on and go to Matt's site and see the VID and am laughing and turning away at the same time .... I want to jump through the screen and take my sleeve and save the poor guy. Matt assures me that this is a real VID, so of course being a good Intelligence guy .. I have to check this out to make sure someone didn't work some Hollywood on this to get back at an ex-boyfriend ... or buddies having a good time at Casedy's expense. I was looking for a source. In my investigation I stumbled onto the vid below. Turns out this was the class of 2006. And, I am telling everyone right now .. I had snot running down my face as well by the time it was all said and done. (I did wipe though) In a world where any sense of pride, heritage and community are readily traded in for individualism and self service ... I am most impressed with Mr Chapman and reminded me how much I just love to good folks of Texas. Ya'll take a look at the below ... sometimes, hiding the emotion just isn't worth it. Snot and all. :wink:

The folks of Spade Texas seem to be good people ... things like this remind me why I do what I do. This little piece of comic relief also helped encourage. Thanks for posting this Matt. :wink:

http://video.vfwwebcom.org/video/Spade-High-School-Last-Gradua

County Mike
07-28-2009, 08:46 PM
Just got to watch it. That was one nasty snot gob. I couldn't even pay attention to what he was saying. Just focused on the "snot rope" waiting for it to break free or something.

Llamafighter
07-28-2009, 08:58 PM

Ok ... So I'm outside in Kabul Afghanistan and my Blackberry goes off ... normally that means someone in DC is trying to get hold of me. I look down and low and behold .. it's the country sage. I pick up and hear Matt on and off saying he was expecting to get my voice mail and I try to talk but its just not working .... Matt says call him back when I get a better signal .. so I hang up and it hit me that the convoy that just came in still had their counter measure devices on .. and it was scrambling my cell.

So I walk out away from the convoy and give Matt a call back. First thing he says is "So you can get phones calls in Afghanistan but you can't get video's?" I laugh and give a verbal shrug. We chat a bit and it comes back round to this VID and he asks if there is any computer that I can get on that can see this. Since Matt got such a kick outta the piece, I had to see it .. so I call some of my guys over and have them break out my satellite terminal .. you know ... for official government business. :ninja:

I log on and go to Matt's site and see the VID and am laughing and turning away at the same time .... I want to jump through the screen and take my sleeve and save the poor guy. Matt assures me that this is a real VID, so of course being a good Intelligence guy .. I have to check this out to make sure someone didn't work some Hollywood on this to get back at an ex-boyfriend ... or buddies having a good time at Casedy's expense. I was looking for a source. In my investigation I stumbled onto the vid below. Turns out this was the class of 2006. And, I am telling everyone right now .. I had snot running down my face as well by the time it was all said and done. (I did wipe though) In a world where any sense of pride, heritage and community are readily traded in for individualism and self service ... I am most impressed with Mr Chapman and reminded me how much I just love to good folks of Texas. Ya'll take a look at the below ... sometimes, hiding the emotion just isn't worth it. Snot and all. :wink:

The folks of Spade Texas are good people ... things like this remind me why I do what I do. This little piece of comic relief also helped encourage. Thanks for posting this Matt. :wink:

WOW! great video!
What a great group of kids honoring this American hero.

Mac
07-28-2009, 09:03 PM

The folks of Spade Texas are good people ... things like this remind me why I do what I do. This little piece of comic relief also helped encourage. Thanks for posting this Matt. :wink:

Son of a bitch Buddy . I got work to do and now im bout half choked up and misty eyed.

That my firends , is an American Hero in every sence of the words ,

Boomer
07-28-2009, 09:04 PM
WOW! great video!
What a great group of kids honoring this American hero.

Yeah ... one of three survivors of the Korean death march ... got shot in the head ....... stuff movies are made of. So i got a good laugh and a piece of living history all in one thread .

Boomer
07-28-2009, 09:07 PM
Son of a bitch Buddy . I got work to do and now im bout half choked up and misty eyed.

That my firends , is an American Hero in every sence of the words ,

Seeeee ... seeeee .. the snot fairy touched you too. :laugh: just say you have allergies and walk really fast to the bathroom ..... :ninja:

Mac
07-28-2009, 09:08 PM
Seeeee ... seeeee .. the snot fairy touched you too. :laugh: just say you have allergies and walk really fast to the bathroom ..... :ninja:

Nah , i got choked up ., Now im gonna make Becky watch it and tease her for bawling her eyes out , Make me feel more manly n stuff lol

Boomer
07-28-2009, 09:12 PM
Nah , i got choked up ., Now im gonna make Becky watch it and tease her for bawling her eyes out , Make me feel more manly n stuff lol

THAT'S why I need to get married. :banghead:

Play The Man
07-28-2009, 09:22 PM
Yeah ... one of three survivors of the Korean death march ... got shot in the head ....... stuff movies are made of.

Unfortunately, not anymore; not the Hollywood of today.

Boomer
07-28-2009, 09:30 PM
Unfortunately, not anymore; not the Hollywood of today.

Indeed ... Im going to start my own movie industry and call it boomerwood ... :unsure-1: why does that not sound right ... :blink:

Llamafighter
07-28-2009, 09:42 PM
Indeed ... Im going to start my own movie industry and call it boomerwood ... :unsure-1: why does that not sound right ... :blink:
:laugh: :laugh:
My buddy Bill Morning was going to do the same thing but thought better of it...

TexasRN
07-28-2009, 09:47 PM
My buddy Bill Morning was going to do the same thing but thought better of it...

:scared0011: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

~Amy

Bonnie
07-28-2009, 11:23 PM
Just got to watch it. That was one nasty snot gob. I couldn't even pay attention to what he was saying. Just focused on the "snot rope" waiting for it to break free or something.

Go back and watch it again (the speech not the snot :laugh: ). :cry: Btw, that's a Texas snot rope, it's not going to break. :laugh:

MattHughesRocks
07-29-2009, 03:21 AM
:laugh: You are totally cracking me up today Matt. It's about time :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Boomer
07-29-2009, 08:03 AM

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:angry: Always gotta one up me don't yea Mark .....

Boomer
07-29-2009, 08:05 AM
:laugh: You are totally cracking me up today Matt. It's about time :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Sorry .. my sense of humor has been scewed as of late ... I'll work on being more entertaining for you .. :D

Llamafighter
07-29-2009, 12:08 PM

:angry: Always gotta one up me don't yea Mark .....

I...uh...well yeah:)

TENNESSEAN
07-29-2009, 03:45 PM
BillWood that makes know sense at all:blink: :laugh:

Llamafighter
07-29-2009, 03:47 PM
BillWood that makes know sense at all:blink: :laugh:

:Whistle:

MattHughesRocks
07-29-2009, 04:33 PM
As long as I'm top of your goal list we're good :laugh:

Sorry .. my sense of humor has been scewed as of late ... I'll work on being more entertaining for you .. :D