PDA

View Full Version : 9mm Hand gun???

talkin_smack1
07-27-2009, 02:55 AM
I know that Matt is a BIG gun guy, so I fugured I would ask on here. I am looking for a 9mm pistol and was wondering if anyone could tell me the best one to buy in the 4-5 hundred range or if anyone they know wants to sell one pm me. Anyway thanks for any info that you have.

Adam

Mac
07-27-2009, 03:00 AM
I know that Matt is a BIG gun guy, so I fugured I would ask on here. I am looking for a 9mm pistol and was wondering if anyone could tell me the best one to buy in the 4-5 hundred range or if anyone they know wants to sell one pm me. Anyway thanks for any info that you have.

Adam

Im not a fan of the 9mm . Ive shot all those glocks and wouldnt own one , feel like your shooting a cracker box . You want a nice pistol , got for a ruger Vaquiro in a 45 lc or 44.

talkin_smack1
07-27-2009, 03:03 AM
Im not a fan of the 9mm . Ive shot all those glocks and wouldnt own one , feel like your shooting a cracker box . You want a nice pistol , got for a ruger Vaquiro in a 45 lc or 44.

It is really for work. I shot a 9mm Sig Sauer at work and i just wanted a nice 9mm to practice with..

atomdanger
07-27-2009, 03:27 AM
Get a springfield 45.

I love those guns.

Chuck
07-27-2009, 03:47 AM
I don't want to jump on the "don't get a 9mm" train but I would have to advise against them as well.

I'm not a big fan of the smaller rounds but if you have to get one I'd definitely go with a .40 over a 9mm.

Is it a duty weapon or just for target shooting?

talkin_smack1
07-27-2009, 03:58 AM
I don't want to jump on the "don't get a 9mm" train but I would have to advise against them as well.

I'm not a big fan of the smaller rounds but if you have to get one I'd definitely go with a .40 over a 9mm.

Is it a duty weapon or just for target shooting?

we shoot a 9mm sig at work so that is why I am looking for a 9mm i don't want a 40 or 45 because i want to practice with what I shoot..

MattHughesRocks
07-27-2009, 04:14 AM
Whats a nice light cute gun for killing people then? :rolleyes:

atomdanger
07-27-2009, 05:03 AM
If you're stuck on 9mm's, Glock 19's aren't horrible.

Chuck
07-27-2009, 05:05 AM
we shoot a 9mm sig at work so that is why I am looking for a 9mm i don't want a 40 or 45 because i want to practice with what I shoot..

Gotcha...

If that's the case I'd go with the Sig SP2022 or the SPC 2022 if you like compacts.

Or their is always a Beretta... can't really go wrong there. I can put some feelers out if you don't mind a private sale.

Play The Man
07-27-2009, 05:07 AM

How about getting the Sig. It would be practicing with exactly what you shoot.

annamal
07-27-2009, 07:50 AM
My first gun (which I still have) was a Ruger P89. It's a nice little pistol which I would definately recomend. However, now that I've gone Glock, I will never go back to anything else. Glock's are the alpha and omega in my world. Handgun wise anyway. If you are able to take your work gun out to practice with, I would definately do that though.

que
07-27-2009, 08:45 AM
the only gun i feel comfortable carrying around is my 44 remington magnum. knowing i can blow a gaping hole straight through a man's chest with one shot is the only thing that keeps me warm at night. if you want to be a real man don't settle for anything less IMHO

Preach
07-27-2009, 03:19 PM
I love the Taurus 24/7 in the 45 acp or 40 cal but they also make it in the 9mm the reason I like this gun is the feel and also the fact that it will refire a no fired shell before ejecting so you get more security with the gun also the feel is similar to the sig and is well in your price range. I aggree with sticking with a 9mm if thats what you shoot at work

talkin_smack1
07-27-2009, 03:33 PM
Whats a nice light cute gun for killing people then? :rolleyes:

We also have a MP-5 and a M-16 so if the little gun don't work I can always use one of the bigger

Llamafighter
07-27-2009, 04:54 PM
How about getting the Sig. It would be practicing with exactly what you shoot.

I agree! you can't go wrong practicing with the real deal.

Moose
07-28-2009, 05:43 AM
the only gun i feel comfortable carrying around is my 44 remington magnum. knowing i can blow a gaping hole straight through a man's chest with one shot is the only thing that keeps me warm at night. if you want to be a real man don't settle for anything less IMHO

You can put a wound channel thru an intruder AND your neighbor with the same shot. A nice two-fer-one!

Seriously, I don't like 9mm and I really hate Berettas. I'm a .40 kinda guy.

huan
07-28-2009, 07:49 AM
If you're set on 9mm, it's pretty hard to beat a SIG P6 (P225) in the price range you're looking at:

$370 at J&G (http://www.jgsales.com/product_info.php/p/sig-p6-p225-9mm-caliber,-semi-auto-pistol,-g-vg-/products_id/1903)

They're German Police & Military trade ins. You may be able to find lower prices if you shop around.

Oddtodd76
08-02-2009, 02:42 PM
I went out to buy a glock 9mm (for conceal carry). But i didn't like them. I have big hands, and they didn't fit me good. I went with a springfield xd. Just awesome! Lifetime warranty, lots of accessories, fits like a glove! They also have alot of safety features on the xd that a glock doesn't. I would highly recommend looking at one of them. You can get one for around $500.

warriorlion
08-02-2009, 07:08 PM
We also have a MP-5 and a M-16 so if the little gun don't work I can always use one of the bigger

what the heck do you do for a living???

warriorlion
08-02-2009, 07:18 PM
I'm from the UK so we dont allow everyone to carry firearms, but being a weapons storeman for the British Army, I will throw in my 2p's worth/

I would go with the sig P226 chambered in 9mm. My reasoning, if its good enough for the British SAS its good enough for anyone.
I believe its the same weapon emplyed by the FBI.

SAS also use a Browning 9mm

But i would agree if it is practise you are after there is no substituting the wepon that you will use when the time comes.

Oddtodd76
08-03-2009, 02:19 AM

Adam
Some weekend, you will have to come over to Ramsey. I will let you try my springfield and see if you like it.