PDA

View Full Version : Bit Concerned for my pet bird, Jens

Tyburn
07-27-2009, 12:28 AM
:unsure-1:

Didnt have a very good night tonight. He managed to damn near knock himself out...and at one point got wedged behind the TV table :unsure:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcvlDQb6shc

I can finally handle him with confidence though :w00t:

Play The Man
07-27-2009, 12:59 AM
:unsure-1:

Didnt have a very good night tonight. He managed to damn near knock himself out...and at one point got wedged behind the TV table :unsure:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcvlDQb6shc

I can finally handle him with confidence though :w00t:

Your post scared me. I thought Jens Pulver was having some personal problems. I was relieved when I saw that it wasn't about him. From the looks of your avatar, I thought "Jens" was already in trouble; he looks dead in the picture.:faint:

NateR
07-27-2009, 01:06 AM
Your post scared me. I thought Jens Pulver was having some personal problems. I was relieved when I saw that it wasn't about him. From the looks of your avatar, I thought "Jens" was already in trouble; he looks dead in the picture.:faint:

Dave's done this before. When he had his hamster named Sherk, he started a thread titled "Sherk is dying." Everyone thought that Sean Sherk, the fighter, was dying.:blink:

I should probably rework the title to avoid any confusion.

Llamafighter
07-27-2009, 01:10 AM
Dave's done this before. When he had his hamster named Sherk, he started a thread titled "Sherk is dying." Everyone thought that Sean Sherk, the fighter, was dying.:blink:

Good call!
His pet goldfish, Kimo's death caused a mess too.

Tyburn
07-27-2009, 01:10 AM
:laugh: well, crouching like that is normal behaviour for Jens...I thought it strange when it first occured, but what it is happens to be about the fact that on his pearch he can never lie down...what he's effectively doing on the top of the cage is taking the weight off his feet.

I'm a little worried he's gone into shock after his accident...but he's not puffed out...so I know he's probably not physically damaged...he hasnt raised his tail yet, but thats coz he get lazy after he's flown...he never raises it till after he's slept, which I hope he's doing now. He was...sorta a little bit restless after his accident.

I worry about him way to much.

On another note, I got round to clipping the toenails of Lauzon, my pet guinea pig today, for the first time. Noone told me I needed to do it, but his toenails were getting so long they were begining to twist...and although he hasnt shown any signs that they cause him pain...I was a little concerned...imagine my delight when I read on the net, you just clip them like human nails....Lauzon wasnt very impressed...he wouldnt keep still...at one point I damn near amputated his entire toe coz he moved at the wrong time :laugh: After...puzzled, he tried to scratch himself and realize he had no nails to rid himself of the itch...he was funny, he kept trying, eventually he just gave up and pouted :rolleyes:

I name all my pets after Mixed Martial Artists since I moved into my own flat. I've had two guinea pigs, (both now deceased) the first was called Franklin, a little black and white pig. He was the runt of the litter, he was so tiny he never grew much larger then a gerbal. Eventually he had complications and his legs froze like paralysed...and he died.

The next two Pigs I bought together and named then Lauzon and Sherk...now Sherk had a stroke and died...but Lauzon has been going strong for a few years now. Recently I bought a budgie, infact to remind me about Intrinsic Value (as thats the example Scripture makes to uphold the ideology in two out of the four Gospels) They dont sell Sparrows nomore as a domestic bird...so I went for a Budgie...and I called him Jens. :)

Tyburn
07-27-2009, 01:11 AM

I keep forgetting...sorry :ashamed:

...and Sherk was a pig, not a hamster...I did used to have hamster, three in total, but that was back when I lived in Lincoln. The first one was called Moto, and he died of natural causes, the second was cusion, I think he died of natural causes to, the last was called terri, it died of a prolapse....do you know what a prolapse is Nathan...?

Tyburn
07-27-2009, 01:18 AM
Good call!
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Play The Man
07-27-2009, 01:23 AM

:laugh: :laugh:

Play The Man
07-27-2009, 01:23 AM
Good call!

:laugh: :laugh:

Play The Man
07-27-2009, 01:33 AM
:laugh: well, crouching like that is normal behaviour for Jens...I thought it strange when it first occured, but what it is happens to be about the fact that on his pearch he can never lie down...what he's effectively doing on the top of the cage is taking the weight off his feet.

I'm a little worried he's gone into shock after his accident...but he's not puffed out...so I know he's probably not physically damaged...he hasnt raised his tail yet, but thats coz he get lazy after he's flown...he never raises it till after he's slept, which I hope he's doing now. He was...sorta a little bit restless after his accident.

I worry about him way to much.

On another note, I got round to clipping the toenails of Lauzon, my pet guinea pig today, for the first time. Noone told me I needed to do it, but his toenails were getting so long they were begining to twist...and although he hasnt shown any signs that they cause him pain...I was a little concerned...imagine my delight when I read on the net, you just clip them like human nails....Lauzon wasnt very impressed...he wouldnt keep still...at one point I damn near amputated his entire toe coz he moved at the wrong time :laugh: After...puzzled, he tried to scratch himself and realize he had no nails to rid himself of the itch...he was funny, he kept trying, eventually he just gave up and pouted :rolleyes:

I name all my pets after Mixed Martial Artists since I moved into my own flat. I've had two guinea pigs, (both now deceased) the first was called Franklin, a little black and white pig. He was the runt of the litter, he was so tiny he never grew much larger then a gerbal. Eventually he had complications and his legs froze like paralysed...and he died.

The next two Pigs I bought together and named then Lauzon and Sherk...now Sherk had a stroke and died...but Lauzon has been going strong for a few years now. Recently I bought a budgie, infact to remind me about Intrinsic Value (as thats the example Scripture makes to uphold the ideology in two out of the four Gospels) They dont sell Sparrows nomore as a domestic bird...so I went for a Budgie...and I called him Jens. :)

I wonder what these fighters would do if they knew some fan was naming guinea pigs after them? Probably put out a restraining order!:wink:

Tyburn
07-27-2009, 12:17 PM
I wonder what these fighters would do if they knew some fan was naming guinea pigs after them? Probably put out a restraining order!:wink:
They DO know.

I told them all.

Rich Franklin didnt say much when he watched the video where I talk about my past pets, but Franklin the pig has been dead for some time, I never had a direct method of communication with Franklin when my pig was alive.

Joe Lauzon thought it was funny, he didnt seem freaked out at all.

Sean Sherk said that I should teach my pig how to do take-downs on Lauzon, I explained that Sherk had a habit of biting Lauzons leg anyway. But then Sherk died :unsure-1:

Jens has said absolutely nothing, but he's been busy with semi-retirement and getting married :laugh: He knows :ninja:

I also had a number of pot plants which were named after some other lesser well known fighters...but I decided to sell the ones that hadnt died at the carboot sale....I kept only Pena the Yukka, (Matt Pena wondered what I was trying to say about him naming him after a Yukka plant coz they are kinda spikey) and Urijah the Rubber Plant...Now Faber dont like me very much, I think he took to heart a few things I said about him not being tested outside of a division he wouldnt move out of, then of course there was him beating Jens Pulver twice and that just made communication...arkward LOL

Play The Man
07-27-2009, 04:47 PM
They DO know.

I told them all.

Rich Franklin didnt say much when he watched the video where I talk about my past pets, but Franklin the pig has been dead for some time, I never had a direct method of communication with Franklin when my pig was alive.

Joe Lauzon thought it was funny, he didnt seem freaked out at all.

Sean Sherk said that I should teach my pig how to do take-downs on Lauzon, I explained that Sherk had a habit of biting Lauzons leg anyway. But then Sherk died :unsure-1:

Jens has said absolutely nothing, but he's been busy with semi-retirement and getting married :laugh: He knows :ninja:

I also had a number of pot plants which were named after some other lesser well known fighters...but I decided to sell the ones that hadnt died at the carboot sale....I kept only Pena the Yukka, (Matt Pena wondered what I was trying to say about him naming him after a Yukka plant coz they are kinda spikey) and Urijah the Rubber Plant...Now Faber dont like me very much, I think he took to heart a few things I said about him not being tested outside of a division he wouldnt move out of, then of course there was him beating Jens Pulver twice and that just made communication...arkward LOL
I wonder what the fighters talk about when they meet up socially. Probably not about fighting. Maybe they are talking about the guinea pigs.

Tyburn
07-27-2009, 05:06 PM
I wonder what the fighters talk about when they meet up socially. Probably not about fighting. Maybe they are talking about the guinea pigs.
:laugh: probably who will be next :ninja:

Tyburn
07-27-2009, 10:45 PM
:) you can see for yourself that Jens is absolutely fine, and has made his first appearence in one of my weekly blogs :laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKNnqmD8DC4

Play The Man
07-28-2009, 01:14 AM
:) you can see for yourself that Jens is absolutely fine, and has made his first appearence in one of my weekly blogs :laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKNnqmD8DC4
I think you need to dress the birds and the guinea pig up in tiny outfits and then do a ventriloquist interview, a la Senor Wences; that would make the fighters put out restraining orders.:wink:

Tyburn
07-28-2009, 11:59 AM
I think you need to dress the birds and the guinea pig up in tiny outfits and then do a ventriloquist interview, a la Senor Wences; that would make the fighters put out restraining orders.:wink:
:laugh: I dont think so. Do you :)