PDA

View Full Version : Justice served!

KENTUCKYREDBONE
07-24-2009, 08:24 AM
I was told today by a guy I used to work with that at one of the Prisons in Kentucky they had to put a pedophile in the General population. I guess they didn't have room in the pervert wing! Anyhow he said 3 other inmates took socks,put combination lock's in them and beat the pervert really bad. I ain't sure what Prison it happened in!

TexasRN
07-24-2009, 12:12 PM
I've heard a lot of stories like this. They call it "Honor Among Thieves." I say we put them all in Gen Pop. and if they can't fend for themselves, too bad. Maybe they'll know how their victims felt.

~Amy

atomdanger
07-24-2009, 04:44 PM
In Washington state they all start out on mainline,
but usually fly a kite and pc up before anybody gets their hands on them.

You also cannot lie about what you're in for, when you get sentenced you get a paper called a "judgment and sentence"
that lists what you did, and how much time you got. You have to keep this throughout your jail/prison term.
Other inmates can, and do ask to see your paperwork so they know exactly what you did and where you stand on certain things.

(For the non criminals in the room mainline = general population,
pc= protective custody, kite = Slip to fillout requesting to be moved)

Crisco
07-24-2009, 05:00 PM
My uncle was away for awhile and he told me a story aboutthese mexican guys who took this black child rapist and raped him with a pipe and then beat him over the head with it...

true story.

atomdanger
07-24-2009, 05:19 PM
My uncle was away for awhile and he told me a story aboutthese mexican guys who took this black child rapist and raped him with a pipe and then beat him over the head with it...

true story.

That doesn't sound far from the truth.

rockdawg21
07-24-2009, 05:50 PM
Justice, no doubt. It's kind of funny that even criminals have a code of ethics. Rapists and child murderers are WAY at the bottom of the totem pole.

Tyburn
07-24-2009, 11:48 PM
Well, I dont think that harming anyone in that way is particularly to be applauded.

Honnestly, your country (and mine also) go about this in completely the wrong fashion.

They lock up people who committ sexual crimes of violence...when what they really need to do is simply make sure they cant do it again.

I dont support the view of them being beaten up in prison, I dont really believe they should be in prison at all. They should either have received swift state execution...or they should be released into the citizenry...simply...lacking the parts enabling them to carry out their crimes.

A few swift chops and believe me you'd not see a repeat offense :ninja:

Eunich anyone?

KENTUCKYREDBONE
07-25-2009, 08:24 AM
Well since the state didn't fix the problem it was left up to the other criminals to cure the pedophile deziase!

Tyburn
07-25-2009, 12:20 PM
Well since the state didn't fix the problem it was left up to the other criminals to cure the pedophile deziase!
They havent cured. They've made the situation worse.

He'll be bitter now.

Bullied people often become Bullies themselves later on. He will look to take out his frustrations on the nearest woman or child he finds when he gets back out.

Unless the other criminals actually psychologically break him...and I mean BAD...worse then the Military do...then He will likely just be worse. I suppose if they've truely broken him, then perhaps he'll fade away to near nothing when he gets out, frightened of being seen outside of his house...but these people are usually not weak in the mental department to begin with, otherwise they wouldnt be able to pull off the crimes in the first place.

atomdanger
07-26-2009, 03:27 AM
If anybody wants to ask me about the justice system from a criminal point of view, or what its like on the inside, or any of that stuff, feel free to shoot questions.

Play The Man
07-26-2009, 04:32 AM
If anybody wants to ask me about the justice system from a criminal point of view, or what its like on the inside, or any of that stuff, feel free to shoot questions.

I suppose it is none of my business, but you threw out the offer. How do you have the expertise to answer the questions? :huh:

atomdanger
07-26-2009, 08:06 AM
I suppose it is none of my business, but you threw out the offer. How do you have the expertise to answer the questions? :huh:

Convicted felon, violent offender, Washington state.

Although, I haven't been in trouble in 5 years.
I was arrested and convicted in 2004.

Play The Man
07-26-2009, 06:07 PM
Is it possible to survive prison, without being beaten or shaken down, if you are not a member of a gang or make some arrangement of protection with a gang?

Play The Man
07-26-2009, 06:21 PM
In your opinion, what book, movie, television show, documentary, etc. has been the most realistic in its depiction of prison life?

Play The Man
07-26-2009, 06:51 PM
Based upon your experience, what percentage of prisoners do you think can be put back into society without reoffending?

Not to get too personal, but you mentioned that you haven't been in trouble in 5 years. Was your crime an aberration in the context of your whole life or did something change you (e.g. religious conversion, the horror of prison, etc.)?

Do you have any thoughts on how the criminal justice system can be reformed?

How does a former convict get integrated back in society? It must be difficult to find employment. If I were hiring people, I would be very reluctant to hire someone with a record, because if they did something wrong on the job, my judgment would be questioned.

Sorry for all the questions. I wanted to get your perspective on things.

Tyburn
07-26-2009, 07:25 PM
:laugh:

and I also want to here the answers

atomdanger
07-26-2009, 08:56 PM
Is it possible to survive prison, without being beaten or shaken down, if you are not a member of a gang or make some arrangement of protection with a gang?

Yes, of course.
Medium and Min security aren't too bad at all.

Max/CC is where the trouble is.
But overall if you don't cause problems and stay out of politics you're fine.

atomdanger
07-26-2009, 08:56 PM
In your opinion, what book, movie, television show, documentary, etc. has been the most realistic in its depiction of prison life?

Animal Factory is pretty damn close.

Also, the Documentary GLADIATOR DAYS.

atomdanger
07-26-2009, 09:01 PM
Based upon your experience, what percentage of prisoners do you think can be put back into society without reoffending?

Not to get too personal, but you mentioned that you haven't been in trouble in 5 years. Was your crime an aberration in the context of your whole life or did something change you (e.g. religious conversion, the horror of prison, etc.)?

Do you have any thoughts on how the criminal justice system can be reformed?

How does a former convict get integrated back in society? It must be difficult to find employment. If I were hiring people, I would be very reluctant to hire someone with a record, because if they did something wrong on the job, my judgment would be questioned.

Percentage without re offending? Hmm...
I would say 1/4 or less, just off the top of my head.

I had a son, he completely changed who I thought I was.

I think they need to keep inmates BUSY, have work on freeways,
labor labor labor, or colege. I don't think they should be able to sit around and fight all day. Its a free work force, we need to teach them the value of a days work, a lot of guys have never had jobs, etc...

It was super hard to find work, You have two options, lie and hope they don't do a background check, or, be honest and hope for a chance. I did both. I worked under the table for a while also, once it had been a couple years people were more understanding and willing to trust me.
The weirdest thing is it makes you VERY anti social, you fight for everything, you fight over everything. If somebody walks into your cell without asking, you fight, sits on your bed, changes the channel, etc.. fight fight fight. Thats why I think they need to be putting people to work, painting, building things, anything you know? Cleaning parks, mowing parks, trimming trees, whatever...
There is way too much down time for criminals to talk about being criminals,
and to try and start fights and get into gangs, etc...

Play The Man
07-26-2009, 09:18 PM
Yes, of course.
Medium and Min security aren't too bad at all.

Max/CC is where the trouble is.
But overall if you don't cause problems and stay out of politics you're fine.

I have seen numerous documentaries on prisons and they have all painted prison life as a free-for-all of gang violence primarily based on racial affiliation. All of the documentaries were about maximum security prisons, so I guess I received an unbalanced perspective of overall prison life.

Play The Man
07-26-2009, 09:20 PM
Animal Factory is pretty damn close.

Also, the Documentary GLADIATOR DAYS.

I haven't seen either. I will put them both on my Netflix list. Thank you for the recommendation.

Play The Man
07-26-2009, 09:24 PM
I had a son, he completely changed who I thought I was.

I can believe it. Having children definitely changes one's entirely outlook on life.

Play The Man
07-26-2009, 09:29 PM
I think they need to keep inmates BUSY, have work on freeways,
labor labor labor, or colege. I don't think they should be able to sit around and fight all day. Its a free work force, we need to teach them the value of a days work, a lot of guys have never had jobs, etc...

I agree. I think some of the unions fight against this idea because they are afraid that it will take away jobs. Additionally, I think some liberals equate prison labor with slave labor. I don't think they are equivalent. As long as the working conditions are humane and the hours reasonable, I don't see a problem with it. If pay is involved it could go towards restitution or to support the prisoner's family

atomdanger
07-26-2009, 09:33 PM
I agree. I think some of the unions fight against this idea because they are afraid that it will take away jobs.

Yeah I know there is a lot of politics behind it,
but putting people in time out, without ever really teaching them a lesson is pointless.

I think they should work 40 hours a week, or be in college full time.
I do not think inmates should be able to just sit around and play basketball all day.
Locking them in cells all day with nothing isn't the answer either,
I see no downside to putting them to work.
Make them garden to give food to the homeless, anything.

atomdanger
07-26-2009, 09:34 PM
I have seen numerous documentaries on prisons and they have all painted prison life as a free-for-all of gang violence primarily based on racial affiliation. All of the documentaries were about maximum security prisons, so I guess I received an unbalanced perspective of overall prison life.

Max is very racially separated, that isn't a lie.
Medium isn't as bad, and minimum is usually at a camp, or some sort of place without fences.

Once you get into the system, they classify you by age, crime, history, etc...
Then place you where they think you belong, you can get moved up or down based on behavior.

Play The Man
07-26-2009, 09:39 PM
It was super hard to find work, You have two options, lie and hope they don't do a background check, or, be honest and hope for a chance. I did both. I worked under the table for a while also, once it had been a couple years people were more understanding and willing to trust me.

Finding a job would be such a critical issue, but I haven't read about any great solutions. Nobody wants to take the chance of hiring someone and getting burned. I really feel bad for the prisoner's families, especially the kids. I donate to a charity that buys Christmas presents for the kids of prisoners.

Play The Man
07-26-2009, 09:46 PM
The weirdest thing is it makes you VERY anti social, you fight for everything, you fight over everything. If somebody walks into your cell without asking, you fight, sits on your bed, changes the channel, etc.. fight fight fight.

I can believe it. I have been inside prisons many times (not as a convict or visitor - prefer not to discuss specifics to keep anonymity) and the entire time I was thinking about how I was going to counter if I was attacked. Thankfully, I could walk out at the end of the day; I can't imagine the stress of thinking like that day-in-and-day-out.

Play The Man
07-26-2009, 09:58 PM
In Washington state they all start out on mainline,
but usually fly a kite and pc up before anybody gets their hands on them.

You also cannot lie about what you're in for, when you get sentenced you get a paper called a "judgment and sentence"
that lists what you did, and how much time you got. You have to keep this throughout your jail/prison term.
Other inmates can, and do ask to see your paperwork so they know exactly what you did and where you stand on certain things.

(For the non criminals in the room mainline = general population,
pc= protective custody, kite = Slip to fillout requesting to be moved)

What crimes are given respect, and what crimes are "disrespected"?

Play The Man
07-26-2009, 10:00 PM
What are the conditions of parole? What rights does an ex-convict forfeit as a citizen?

atomdanger
07-27-2009, 01:08 AM
What are the conditions of parole? What rights does an ex-convict forfeit as a citizen?

It varies state to state.
Washington no longer does parole.
You get 5 years, you do 5 years.

Sometimes you get "good time" but its like a year off if you never get in trouble,
there isn't like a parole board or anything anymore here.

Here, no voting until your fines are paid, no guns.

atomdanger
07-27-2009, 01:10 AM
What crimes are given respect, and what crimes are "disrespected"?

Anything against a woman or a child, and you're pretty much in hell.

Everything else is pretty much fine, and respected. Robbers, murderer's, etc...
But yeah, any crime against a woman or child and you're going to have a horrible time in prison. *shudder*

Everybody gets a piece of paper that says what you did,
and how long you were sentenced to.
People will ask for this paper everywhere you go,
if you lose it, people assume you lost it for a reason, and that you're no good.

Play The Man
07-27-2009, 01:25 AM
It seems like there are a lot of drugs in prison. Is that true? If so, how do they get it in? Relatives? Compromised Corrections Officers?

atomdanger
07-27-2009, 01:39 AM
It seems like there are a lot of drugs in prison. Is that true? If so, how do they get it in? Relatives? Compromised Corrections Officers?

Yeah, they aren't completely rampant, or cheap.
But they are there.

Almost no visits are "touch" visits. Maybe minimum security,
but I never went there. Its a person on the other side of glass with a phone,
so..... In minimum I guess you get to hug and hangout, it might be easier,
but the drug problem isn't huge there either, nobody wants to get sent back to max, or more time.

So, usually corrupt officers.

Play The Man
07-27-2009, 01:47 AM
It seems like most of the high profile criminals never admit to their crimes. Even in the face of overwhelming evidence, many, if not most, will not admit to it. I suppose it is because their family still believes in them, and if they confessed, even their family might abandon them. Either that, or they consider it almost like a game, and if they don't admit to it, they have won, in some way, even if they have been convicted. In prison, when the authorities aren't around, do prisoners admit to what they have done, or are they so afraid of a "snitch" that most continue to deny?

Play The Man
07-27-2009, 01:51 AM
Well, I dont think that harming anyone in that way is particularly to be applauded.

Honnestly, your country (and mine also) go about this in completely the wrong fashion.

They lock up people who committ sexual crimes of violence...when what they really need to do is simply make sure they cant do it again.

I dont support the view of them being beaten up in prison, I dont really believe they should be in prison at all. They should either have received swift state execution...or they should be released into the citizenry...simply...lacking the parts enabling them to carry out their crimes.

A few swift chops and believe me you'd not see a repeat offense :ninja:

Eunich anyone?

Even that wouldn't work, Tyburn. For many, the compulsion is so strong that they would just use a foreign object. Either that, or they might have already "escalated" to the point where killing would give them pleasure.

Play The Man
07-27-2009, 01:52 AM
In your experience, how established are radical Muslims, in the prison system?

atomdanger
07-27-2009, 03:28 AM
In your experience, how established are radical Muslims, in the prison system?

In my experience? Non existent.

The few Muslims in Washington State weren't radical at all,
in fact most of them were blacks, former gang members just trying to be peaceful.

atomdanger
07-27-2009, 03:29 AM
It seems like most of the high profile criminals never admit to their crimes. Even in the face of overwhelming evidence, many, if not most, will not admit to it. I suppose it is because their family still believes in them, and if they confessed, even their family might abandon them. Either that, or they consider it almost like a game, and if they don't admit to it, they have won, in some way, even if they have been convicted. In prison, when the authorities aren't around, do prisoners admit to what they have done, or are they so afraid of a "snitch" that most continue to deny?

Umm, people don't really discuss that stuff.
Its pretty understood that if you're in there for it, you did it,
now and again a guy might say something about being innocent.
But it certainly doesn't get discussed much.

Play The Man
07-27-2009, 04:15 AM
Popular culture is filled with crude references to prison rape (i.e. "Don't drop the soap") How often does this occur? Is it primarily directed at the effeminate or is it a widespread phenomenon of terrorism?

How common is it for heterosexual prisoners to enter into homosexual relationships during a long prison sentence?

Play The Man
07-27-2009, 04:19 AM
In your best estimation, what percentage of prisoners are in prison because of drugs or alcohol? I am not talking just strictly about drug offenses like drug dealing. I am also asking about crimes committed due to a drug habit; for instance, a prisoner who commits burglary to feed a drug habit.

Thanks for answering all the questions.

atomdanger
07-27-2009, 04:46 AM
In your best estimation, what percentage of prisoners are in prison because of drugs or alcohol? I am not talking just strictly about drug offenses like drug dealing. I am also asking about crimes committed due to a drug habit; for instance, a prisoner who commits burglary to feed a drug habit.

Thanks for answering all the questions.

Hmm, if you count drug sales, or any drug involvement, well over half.
Maybe 3/4's. Either gang stuff selling drugs, drug addiction, etc...

atomdanger
07-27-2009, 04:47 AM
Popular culture is filled with crude references to prison rape (i.e. "Don't drop the soap") How often does this occur? Is it primarily directed at the effeminate or is it a widespread phenomenon of terrorism?

How common is it for heterosexual prisoners to enter into homosexual relationships during a long prison sentence?

Hmm, its weird.
You have homosexuals who have consensual sex.
You have people who prostitute themselves out.
You have people who get raped for punishment (snitches, SO's, etc..)

But that is usually it, just random guys who are doing their time and not running their mouths aren't getting raped left and right. But it does happen.
Sometimes guys will choose to give sexual favors in exchange for protection.