PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE! GSP is the greasiest P4P on the planet!

rockdawg21
02-04-2009, 02:01 PM
I just thought that 20 threads regarding GSP wasn't enough. :tongue0011:

timmyja
02-04-2009, 02:28 PM
http://i697.photobucket.com/albums/vv334/timmyja/2cftg0m.gif

NateR
02-04-2009, 03:08 PM
Eventually the MMA world will forget all about Greasy-Georges and it will be our job to remind them every single day. :laugh:

Maybe when he finally gets caught for using performance enhancing drugs, then people will be willing to believe the Vaseline charges.

timmyja
02-04-2009, 03:15 PM
Eventually the MMA world will forget all about Greasy-Georges and it will be our job to remind them every single day. :laugh:

Maybe when he finally gets caught for using performance enhancing drugs, then people will be willing to believe the Vaseline charges.

Amen to that. This is the only forum I'm a member of, and I usually just pop up to offer dry humor commentary. I have to say its a pretty tough crowd here :laugh: which constitutes for the low post count. Everytime I try to offer valid point, somebody else has already spoken about it in three different threads. But this GIF was too priceless to pass up on..

bradwright
02-04-2009, 03:25 PM
Amen to that. This is the only forum I'm a member of, and I usually just pop up to offer dry humor commentary. I have to say its a pretty tough crowd here :laugh: which constitutes for the low post count. Everytime I try to offer valid point, somebody else has already spoken about it in three different threads. But this GIF was too priceless to pass up on..

that too is already in 3 other threads,,

timmyja
02-04-2009, 03:25 PM
oh, drat

bradwright
02-04-2009, 03:31 PM

so you are saying the rumors are true then,,so if we believe this rumor then we should believe all the rumors past and present of fighters using performance enhancing drugs,,

or do we just believe this one?

MattHughesRocks
02-04-2009, 03:47 PM
GSP is innocent of all keyboard warrior and BJ Penn charges.

NateR
02-04-2009, 04:02 PM
GSP is innocent of all keyboard warrior and BJ Penn charges.

Well, the simple fact that Matt Hughes, BJ Penn and Matt Serra are all in agreement on this should tell you something.

rockdawg21
02-04-2009, 04:15 PM
Well, the simple fact that Matt Hughes, BJ Penn and Matt Serra are all in agreement on this should tell you something.
It's kind of like stereotyping, it doesn't occur without some reason or logic behind it.

Straight Right
02-04-2009, 04:19 PM

Wait a minute now Nate, don't Matt, Serra and BJ make up 3/4's of the same bowling team? They're always in agreement :laugh:

Spiritwalker
02-04-2009, 04:20 PM
Wait a minute now Nate, don't Matt, Serra and BJ make up 3/4's of the same bowling team? They're always in agreement :laugh:

Hughes and BJ bowl.. Serra is the pins...

medic92
02-04-2009, 04:35 PM

It tells me that three fighters who got beaten by GSP still haven't quite gotten over it.

With all due respect, if you have proof of GSP or any other fighter using performance enhancing drugs, feel free to present it. Until you do, it's irresponsible to throw around unfounded accusations, not to mention petty. Frankly, it makes you look bad. To put it bluntly, put up or shut up.

NateR
02-04-2009, 04:43 PM
It tells me that three fighters who got beaten by GSP still haven't quite gotten over it.

With all due respect, if you have proof of GSP or any other fighter using performance enhancing drugs, feel free to present it. Until you do, it's irresponsible to throw around unfounded accusations, not to mention petty. Frankly, it makes you look bad. To put it bluntly, put up or shut up.

So basically you are calling Matt a liar?

rockdawg21
02-04-2009, 04:43 PM

It's called circumstantial evidence. 3 fighters claims, plus video proof (at least in the most recent accusation) is more than enough evidence for the case to be tried and/or investigated. So if you don't understand how an investigation works, shut up, because, frankly, it makes you look bad.

However, nobody is talking about HGH, steroids, etc. It's Vaseline, the other performance enhancing drug. :happy0198: Wait...:jumping0001:

medic92
02-04-2009, 04:54 PM
So basically you are calling Matt a liar?

Why are you trying to put me against Matt? Matt voiced an opinion that GSP felt greasy in his fight. How can I call someone a liar for having an opinion?

Basically I'm calling YOU out to either show your evidence of GSP using steroids or shut up. You claim three fighters agree with each other and since they don't like each other, that's some sort of incontrovertible proof of cheating. That's ridiculous.

Before the Vaseline incident, you would have laughed at anything Serra or Penn said, but since it fits in with your preconceived notion that GSP must be cheating to be so good, you're suddenly touting them as paragons of truth who must be believed. Give me a break.

Show your proof or get over it. This is getting boring.

medic92
02-04-2009, 04:58 PM
It's called circumstantial evidence. 3 fighters claims, plus video proof (at least in the most recent accusation) is more than enough evidence for the case to be tried and/or investigated. So if you don't understand how an investigation works, shut up, because, frankly, it makes you look bad.

Nice try. Three fighter claims don't mean a thing. One incident where it appeared that it happened (and nobody can show any kind of evidence that there was actually Vaseline applied to GSP's back) doesn't quite cut it.

I agree that it should be investigated, although I fail to see how they'll be able to prove anything.

Frankly, you claiming I look bad is a joke. All you can do is twist and recycle what I already said. If that's the best you can do, perhaps you should drop out of this thread.

However, nobody is talking about HGH, steroids, etc. It's Vaseline, the other performance enhancing drug. :happy0198: Wait...:jumping0001:

Nate is talking about steroids and other performance enhancing drugs. In his mind, GSP possibly having Vaseline on his back is proof of steroid use. That's what I'm calling him to prove.

EDIT:

I'm getting out of this discussion and taking a break. I don't want this to turn into a flame war, which is what it's going to be if you and I continue to trade jabs. I think the better option is to agree to disagree and move on, so that's what I'm going to do. Have a good day. :)

NateR
02-04-2009, 05:03 PM
Why are you trying to put me against Matt? Matt voiced an opinion that GSP felt greasy in his fight. How can I call someone a liar for having an opinion?

Basically I'm calling YOU out to either show your evidence of GSP using steroids or shut up. You claim three fighters agree with each other and since they don't like each other, that's some sort of incontrovertible proof of cheating. That's ridiculous.

Before the Vaseline incident, you would have laughed at anything Serra or Penn said, but since it fits in with your preconceived notion that GSP must be cheating to be so good, you're suddenly touting them as paragons of truth who must be believed. Give me a break.

You're right, it is getting boring because you are obviously not reading my posts and trying to put words in my mouth.

Matt mentioned the greasiness 2 years ago, so I've known about it for a while now. So when I heard the accusations from BJ Penn, it simply reinforced what I had already heard from Matt Hughes.

This is not about BJ and Serra being "paragons of truth" it's simple logic, which obviously is escaping you. If three people, who have no personal ties to each other are saying the same thing, then it warrants a deeper look.

Your claim that this is just three fighters trying to justify their losses is just as ridiculous, and requires more of a leap of logic, than simply saying that they might be telling the truth.

I don't know GSP, BJ or Serra personally; but I am good friends with Matt and know that he is not a liar. He wouldn't have said this if it wasn't true. I'll never get into the octagon with GSP, so I'll never be able to gather firsthand evidence of greasing, so Matt's word by itself is good enough for me. I simply don't believe that GSP is that good.

NateR
02-04-2009, 05:07 PM
Nate is talking about steroids and other performance enhancing drugs. In his mind, GSP possibly having Vaseline on his back is proof of steroid use. That's what I'm calling him to prove.

Actually I suspected the steroid use long before I knew of the Vaseline.:laugh:

And you truly are trying to twist my words if you really believe what you just posted. No where did I claim that Vaseline use is proof of steroid use. C'mon now, you're better than that. Argue what I actually say, not what you think I say.

CAVEMAN
02-04-2009, 05:10 PM
Matt mentioned the greasiness 2 years ago,

Until I read Matt's blog yesterday, I had no idea he had stated that before!

I thought it was just BJ and Serra!

rockdawg21
02-04-2009, 05:11 PM
Nice try. Three fighter claims don't mean a thing. One incident where it appeared that it happened (and nobody can show any kind of evidence that there was actually Vaseline applied to GSP's back) doesn't quite cut it.
Really? So if your home was broken into and 3 of your neighbors CLAIM to have seen an individual drive away. Say they all described him as a white male, 5'6" to 5'8", approx. 150-170 pounds, driving a red Toyota Tercel. A guy gets picked up in the area 20 minutes later exhibiting the same physical properties and driving a red Toyota Tercel, yet, there were no stolen items found in the vehicle. So their claims should just be thrown out the window because there's no proof? Yes, innocent until proven guilty. However, that's still circumstantial evidence to present a case for trial.

That's ridiculous.

I agree that it should be investigated, although I fail to see how they'll be able to prove anything.
Video evidence (or admittance, lol) would be the only way.

Frankly, you claiming I look bad is a joke. All you can do is twist and recycle what I already said. If that's the best you can do, perhaps you should drop out of this thread.
Drop out of the thread? But I'm the author! :hissyfit:

Nate...In his mind, GSP possibly having Vaseline on his back is proof of steroid use. That's what I'm calling him to prove.
Nate hasn't said anything of the sort, that's even more ridiculous. Nate's point is that people refuse to believe GSP did something of the sort, so the only way they would believe is if he was caught using performance enhancing drugs. Read between the lines.

Besides, Nate had accused GSP of that long before this new Vaseline scandal.

medic92
02-04-2009, 05:44 PM
I've answered the questions in the merged thread. No need to rehash it here, and I'll continue posting in the other one.

RockDawg, sorry I got a little heated earlier. This is a great forum and you're all great people, and the last thing I want to do is get into something that's going to cause any hard feelings. Sometimes I start to get carried away and have to step back to regain perspective.

rockdawg21
02-04-2009, 05:52 PM
It's no biggie. I enjoy a debate, but personal attacks haven't any business in a good debate. I only did it because you personally attacked Nate.

I'm not trippin' over it man. :D

bradwright
02-04-2009, 05:53 PM
RockDawg, sorry I got a little heated earlier. This is a great forum and you're all great people, and the last thing I want to do is get into something that's going to cause any hard feelings. Sometimes I start to get carried away and have to step back to regain perspective.
funny,,that never happens to me,,:laugh:

medic92
02-04-2009, 05:57 PM
It's no biggie. I enjoy a debate, but personal attacks haven't any business in a good debate. I only did it because you personally attacked Nate.

I'm not trippin' over it man. :D

So now you're saying Nate can't take care of himself and needs you to defend him? I may have told him to put up or shut up, but I never accused him of being weak or defenseless like you just did. You've some some nerve dude. :wink:

Sorry, couldn't resist. :laugh:

Spiritwalker
02-04-2009, 06:04 PM
So now you're saying Nate can't take care of himself and needs you to defend him? I may have told him to put up or shut up, but I never accused him of being weak or defenseless like you just did. You've some some nerve dude. :wink:

Not that Nate can't take care of himself.. but rather most would rather face Amy in a verbal sparing match than Nate..

That's not sucking up.. it's factual.

medic92
02-04-2009, 06:09 PM
Not that Nate can't take care of himself.. but rather most would rather face Amy in a verbal sparing match than Nate..

I'll take on anyone in a verbal sparring match, I absolutely love to argue. I just didn't want it to get out of hand so I backed off when I started getting heated.

rockdawg21
02-04-2009, 06:23 PM

Exactly!

bj44
02-04-2009, 06:32 PM
yeah jelousy cuss they all got beat

timmyja
02-04-2009, 07:08 PM
Serra Vs. St. Pierre 1... the cornerman applied the vaseline to the FEET instead of the shoulders, hence causing the slip that caused the "greatest upset in UFC history!" :laugh: Just a joke..

But, back to the argument.. Give me a couple hours.. I dug up an old Mayhem Miller interview that I'll post in which he claimed the very same thing. Mayhem Miller was Georges' first fight in the UFC after the first loss to Matt.. Which is about the same time he happened to master the art of takedown defense and sub defense, and his superb guard passing skills. Also, the other night I was watching the UFC 79 DVD, and in between the first and second round, surprise, surprise.. the SAME cornerman was rubbing Georges' shoulders AND pouring a bottle of water down both of Georges' legs while he was stretching them out in the stool. Anybody that has ever seen Matt Hughes fight knows his game plan is pretty cut and dry. Shoot, takedown, and commence to whippin that ass. So why would the cornerman pour water on their fighter's legs? Seems like an unfair way to nullify Matt's offense. (?) Not as severe as the greasing accusations, but it certainly makes you wonder.

I'm not blatantly coming out and saying there is wrongdoing on Georges' part, but there defniitely seems to be some professional negligence involved by his corner. I work a dangerous job, and the slightest brainfart could have me killed. When I'm working on powerlines, I have to maintain a professional courtesy and under NO circumstances can I afford to half-ass anything. The slightest bit of negligence on my part, and I don't get to go home. So... maybe if it was an accident, for ALLEDGEDLY the past few fights, the cornermen should pay just a little bit more attention. If nothing else, they should do it for their fighters sake. Accusations like this, especially in video-taped evidence, lead to too many "what-if" scenarios, and it really brings a fighter's performances, past and present, to a whole new level of scrutiny.

rockdawg21
02-04-2009, 07:14 PM
The current situation that GSP is encountering is just like that of Antonio Margarito:

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/story/883391.html

For those who don't know, a plaster-like substance was found while they were taping his hands. His opponents in the past said his fists felt like "bricks". Mosley's trainer caught it and made them retape it. Now, his legacy as a boxer is tainted.

timmyja
02-04-2009, 07:16 PM
The Mayhem Miller article........................................... ......

Jason Miller claims GSP greased against him too
February 2, 2009 – 1:56 pm by fightlinker

This GSP greasing thing does not seem to be going away. Obviously there’s all the videos and gifs and accusations and explanations from the incident at UFC 94. But now we’re starting to hear from GSP’s past opponents that they thought he was greased up for their fights too. Jason Miller (who fought Georges back in 2005) just went on the Underground forums and reposted a column he wrote for Fight! Magazine, implying that the column was about St Pierre:

This natural desire to win and innate competitiveness that most athletes in any sport have is only the tip of the iceberg. Most of the people reading this article probably are not professional athletes. At least I’m assuming that Fight! Magazine can get this to more houses than mine and Dan Henderson’s, but think about if after a fight that I lost I said, “hey that guy had a roll of quarters in his glove!” Now even if it was true, it doesn’t matter, unless the ref pulls out the stack of George Washington’s from his hand and it is broadcast in high definition on every big screen in the arena. I just sound like a whiny bitch, and he got away with the whole thing, and makes me look like an even bigger sissy, for first of all, LOSING, second of all crying foul after the fact.

This time an anonymous MEGA arena, in a mega city, in front of a mega crowd, in a mega show, for what was then mega money to me. The stakes are much higher this time, and I had done my best to prepare for this single fight, even going so far as to NOT have a wild sex party the night before the fight, so that I could improve my mental focus. After a rough first round, I met in the center for round 2 and somewhere got taken down. “No biggie, my guard is good, he won’t hurt me here, and maybe I can pull off the submission, get a “Dumbass of the Night” award or something. While locked in my tight guard, I noticed that for some reason I was have trouble keeping my opponent’s head down. I practiced shirtless with my great training partners, and never had this much trouble keeping a guy from punching me. Was this guy uber strong or something? No exactly. After a couple more stiff elbows to my grillpiece, I felt the familiar slick that I would get every day at kickboxing practice on my nose and eyes, only it was on my opponents neck, now up 2 rounds, Vaseline!

Greasy bastard, I thought. Of course I yelled to the ref, “Hey! He is greased up!” but much like anyone else watching me get pounded, he didn’t give a damn, and replied with “He’s ok!” Followed by another smash to the face. Yeah, ok for HIM, but I’m taking a beating over here and can’t hold onto the bastard.

Did I ever bitch about it afterwards? Nope. Why? What’s the point? Would it put the toothpaste back in the tube? No. As far as everyone saw, I lost the fight, fair and square. Would it have made a difference if he wasn’t greased up? Maybe, but honestly probably not. He was the better man that night, plain and simple. He bent the rules, not broke them, and when you get away with it, it isn’t called cheating.

rockdawg21
02-04-2009, 07:19 PM
So does this mean GSP is now going to be referred to as "Grease Lightning"?

Tyburn
02-04-2009, 07:21 PM

But I think you have your answer. Noone plans on shutting up :laugh:

Tyburn
02-04-2009, 07:24 PM

Becareful how you speak to the Administrator of this Forum. On this site we try and act politely.

You know damn well that there is video tape evidence of GSP accidently getting greased...now people will investigate every detail of his credibility. This isnt something which could turn into a scandle...it IS a scandle...and even if innocent of everything...he's been stupid enough to make a big mistake.

Now we talk about it...thats what we do. Be nice and present your arguments nicely.

medic92
02-04-2009, 07:25 PM
But I think you have your answer. Noone plans on shutting up :laugh:

Yeah, I got that impression.

I honestly believe GSP would happily give a rematch to anyone and everyone who thought he gained an unfair advantage in their fights. I wonder how many of his vanquished opponents would take him up on it.

Tyburn
02-04-2009, 07:27 PM
I'll take on anyone in a verbal sparring match, I absolutely love to argue. .
:ninja: be careful what you wish for :laugh:

medic92
02-04-2009, 07:28 PM
Becareful how you speak to the Administrator of this Forum. On this site we try and act politely.

You know damn well that there is video tape evidence of GSP accidently getting greased...now people will investigate every detail of his credibility. This isnt something which could turn into a scandle...it IS a scandle...and even if innocent of everything...he's been stupid enough to make a big mistake.

Now we talk about it...thats what we do. Be nice and present your arguments nicely.

You need to read back a little further. I addressed my earlier actions already. :)

Tyburn
02-04-2009, 07:28 PM
Serra Vs. St. Pierre 1... the cornerman applied the vaseline to the FEET instead of the shoulders, hence causing the slip that caused the "greatest upset in UFC history!" :laugh: Just a joke..

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: you've excelled yourself! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Tyburn
02-04-2009, 07:29 PM
You need to read back a little further. I addressed my earlier actions already. :)
:unsure-1: yes...I just got to that bit :laugh:

medic92
02-04-2009, 07:32 PM
One other question...

Has GSP always had the same trainers and cornermen over his career? Because if he hasn't, either it's an amazing coincidence that all his cornermen greased him up or he was the one asking for it to be done. Interesting.

Krupp
02-04-2009, 07:33 PM
So does this mean GSP is now going to be referred to as "Grease Lightning"?

Yes hahaha. Guilty until proven innocent, I've always said.

With that said, though, I don't care anymore. If he greases, then that's on his subconciousness, not ours; he has to live with the fact that he's tipping the balance in his favor in an unfair way.

timmyja
02-04-2009, 07:33 PM
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: you've excelled yourself! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I have my moments

Krupp
02-04-2009, 07:34 PM
One other question...

Has GSP always had the same trainers and cornermen over his career? Because if he hasn't, either it's an amazing coincidence that all his cornermen greased him up or he was the one asking for it to be done. Interesting.

I think he still has two guys from his old camp with him...but training with Jackson is something he's only done for his last few fights, I think.

NateR
02-04-2009, 11:53 PM

That's a great way to get yourself banned. You need to watch how you talk about Matt on his own website.

Also, if you really believe those are Matt Hughes' motives here, then you're no fan and don't belong on this site.

Tyburn
02-05-2009, 12:21 AM
Do you know, ive just realized your siggie has a picture of Fightsport magazine in it.

I've discovered that I dont much care for that production....They recently published rankings and they classified Matt Hughes and Robbie Lawler as being Miletich Fighting Systems...soooo I sent them an email to correct them, so next time they go to print they can change the information which is more then a year out of date now.

They weren't particularly warm in response :mellow:

TexasRN
02-05-2009, 12:36 AM

Hey! :angry: What's that supposed to mean? Huh?

~Amy

Mac
02-05-2009, 12:38 AM
wowwwwwwwwwwww , what a couple of summers eve bags!

keepin it "friendly" gimmie a break.

maxumII
02-05-2009, 01:43 AM

But, back to the argument.. Give me a couple hours.. I dug up an old Mayhem Miller interview that I'll post in which he claimed the very same thing. Mayhem Miller was Georges' first fight in the UFC after the first loss to Matt.. Which is about the same time he happened to master the art of takedown defense and sub defense, and his superb guard passing skills. Also, the other night I was watching the UFC 79 DVD, and in between the first and second round, surprise, surprise.. the SAME cornerman was rubbing Georges' shoulders AND pouring a bottle of water down both of Georges' legs while he was stretching them out in the stool. Anybody that has ever seen Matt Hughes fight knows his game plan is pretty cut and dry. Shoot, takedown, and commence to whippin that ass. So why would the cornerman pour water on their fighter's legs? Seems like an unfair way to nullify Matt's offense. (?) Not as severe as the greasing accusations, but it certainly makes you wonder.

I'm not blatantly coming out and saying there is wrongdoing on Georges' part, but there defniitely seems to be some professional negligence involved by his corner. I work a dangerous job, and the slightest brainfart could have me killed. When I'm working on powerlines, I have to maintain a professional courtesy and under NO circumstances can I afford to half-ass anything. The slightest bit of negligence on my part, and I don't get to go home. So... maybe if it was an accident, for ALLEDGEDLY the past few fights, the cornermen should pay just a little bit more attention. If nothing else, they should do it for their fighters sake. Accusations like this, especially in video-taped evidence, lead to too many "what-if" scenarios, and it really brings a fighter's performances, past and present, to a whole new level of scrutiny.

Did you not see their second fight? Matt did the opposite and paid dearly for it. He must be referring to their third fight.?

Water? Is that more slick than say....sweat? Never thought of that. You may be on to something!!

que
02-05-2009, 01:54 AM

that's a cliche excuse by GSP nuthuggers now

let's see, matt hughes, sherk, penn, jason miller, serra were all lying simply because they are jealous? yea right.

maybe that would be true if serra was the ONLY person to say that about GSP

but with all 5 of those fighters saying the exact same thing? no, they are telling the truth

Preach
02-05-2009, 02:00 AM

Wow your are not very smart are you:huh:

Spiritwalker
02-05-2009, 02:17 AM
Hey! :angry: What's that supposed to mean? Huh?

~Amy

Nothing offensive...

Nate's insults and wit are razor sharp.. you read what Nate says about "you".. and you walk away going... "that wasn't so bad...." You take a few steps.. and your heart explodes. Nate then says...."what did you expect?""

Amy's wit is just a good.. but instead of walking away.. while you wither in the pain of the lashing.....

She stands over you... waiting... hoping.... begging... for you to be that stupid again...

TexasRN
02-05-2009, 06:03 AM
Nothing offensive...

Nate's insults and wit are razor sharp.. you read what Nate says about "you".. and you walk away going... "that wasn't so bad...." You take a few steps.. and your heart explodes. Nate then says...."what did you expect?""

Amy's wit is just a good.. but instead of walking away.. while you wither in the pain of the lashing.....

She stands over you... waiting... hoping.... begging... for you to be that stupid again...

I'll take that as a compliment. :laugh: Sometimes I think I don't let my sadistic side show enough.

~Amy

Spiritwalker
02-05-2009, 12:12 PM
I'll take that as a compliment. :laugh: Sometimes I think I don't let my sadistic side show enough.

~Amy

Well I tend to know better don't I?:Whistle:

timmyja
04-12-2009, 04:45 AM
Replay on Spike 2nite... the more I watch BJ's kegs slide down GSP's back (not in GIF) the madder I get. The best part is, that there is absolutely no rebroadcast as of yet about what went on between rounds. It's just starting the 3rd round, but this is crap!!!

Hughes_GOAT
04-12-2009, 06:03 AM
Replay on Spike 2nite... the more I watch BJ's kegs slide down GSP's back (not in GIF) the madder I get. The best part is, that there is absolutely no rebroadcast as of yet about what went on between rounds. It's just starting the 3rd round, but this is crap!!!

i watched the earlier fights. the ones against Serra and Hughes. i was looking to see if GSP looked shiny. he was shiny when they showed him walking into the arena before the Penn2 fight, LOL. and he was definitely shiny (start of 1st round) in the other fights.

logrus
04-12-2009, 07:29 AM
Its funny to watch the first fight and not see a problem with Bj's guard but in the second fight Bj had major problems. Even going above the shoulders didnt matter.

Its obvious that something was going on there. I have never seen anybody easily move in Penns guard like that. Anyways enough talking about it cause I am a little bit bummed that nothing happened to Gsp =/

Straight Right
04-12-2009, 04:01 PM
I really wish that they would have shown everything between rounds. It pissed me off how many commercials were on, they did the Buffer introductions and did 5 minutes of ads, then showed the first round and then did another 5 minutes worth of ads. All the greasing issues aside, BJ's stand up didn't look very crisp, he land a couple jabs in the whole fight, even in the first round before he took beating. He got out-muscled and expended a ton of energy in the clinch and against the fence. I really doubt these two will ever fight again, and I'm sure I'll get flamed up for this, but even if Stitch sprayed GSP down with http://www.oileater.com/CleanerDegreaser.html I'm not so sure the ultimate outcome wouldn't have been much different. I am curious to see how Florian does against BJ, I just think BJ is a natural lightweight. I'd also like to see Florian go at Diego at 155 and see how the nightmare fares in a rematch when he doesn't outweigh Kenny by 30 lbs.

Jonlion
04-13-2009, 12:27 PM
From what I can see, Matt, Serra and Sherk haveb't bitched about the situation so perhaps we could all show that dignity a little as well.

None have said it affected the fight bar BJ Penn.

The solutions are simple.

GSP fights Alves with all eyes on him, he won't be greasy! However i guess Alves is one fighter where he won't be worrying about takedown defense.

Then, after respective fights, there has to be a rematch betwen BJ and GSP and from that all the answers will be on the table.

Simple

rearnakedchoke
04-13-2009, 07:13 PM
Its funny to watch the first fight and not see a problem with Bj's guard but in the second fight Bj had major problems. Even going above the shoulders didnt matter.

Its obvious that something was going on there. I have never seen anybody easily move in Penns guard like that. Anyways enough talking about it cause I am a little bit bummed that nothing happened to Gsp =/

didn't BJ say that he greased in the first fight too? for people who are saying that GSP was shiny coming in, he may look shiny, but he is checked by ring officials before he enters and they apply vaseline to peoples faces .. i just don't see the need for grease application .. maybe because i am not a fighter, but what if they were to ban to use of vaseline in all circumstances? to me, applying it to the face is just going to end up on someones body through the normal course of the fight ...

Primal Rage
04-13-2009, 09:48 PM
When Bj and GSP have a rematch bj will be dominated again. I know this is a Matt hughes forums but GSP is still a great fighter. and its hard to compare gsp to guys like matt and serra when you consider gsp is in his prime right now. I would love to see a fight with matt and george at there peak conditions.

P.S before the hate replies i love hughes gsp and serra in all special ways......i think each fighter has something unique about all of them

Miss Foxy
04-13-2009, 09:53 PM
When Bj and GSP have a rematch bj will be dominated again. I know this is a Matt hughes forums but GSP is still a great fighter. and its hard to compare gsp to guys like matt and serra when you consider gsp is in his prime right now. I would love to see a fight with matt and george at there peak conditions.

P.S before the hate replies i love hughes gsp and serra in all special ways......i think each fighter has something unique about all of them
Its hard to compare a greasy fighter to Matt Hughes? Your definitely right. He don't have as many belts as Matt...:laugh: ..And we have seen GSP get beat by Mr.HUGHES it was UFC 50 by submission ARMBAR to be exact. Dude get it right don't try to be a fan then say something dumb.. I highlighted your intelligent quote!

Jason 16
04-13-2009, 09:54 PM

what is there to like about serra. Iam not just saying that because this is matt's site I just dont see any thing like able about him . his students get charged a insain price the man's head is about to burst and he is the bigest dick in the ufc (even when nick and tito were still in it)

he is all about making money and talking crap

Miss Foxy
04-13-2009, 09:55 PM
what is there to like about serra. Iam not just saying that because this is matt's site I just dont see any thing like able about him . his students get charged a insain price the man's head is about to burst and he is the bigest dick in the ufc (even when nick and tito were still in it)
The difference between Nick & Tito and Matt Serra is they have backed it up at one time or another in the Octagon. Matt Serra is still trying to make a name for himself.

Jason 16
04-13-2009, 09:58 PM
The difference between Nick & Tito and Matt Serra is they have backed it up at one time or another in the Octagon. Matt Serra is still trying to make a name for himself.

agree I was in my post putting tito and nick way above serra . O he did almost get in a fight with my coach after he dqed one of his guys for doing a neck crank at a tourny. he wound up getting himself thrown out:laugh:

Miss Foxy
04-13-2009, 10:00 PM
agree I was in my post putting tito and nick way above serra . O he did almost get in a fight with my coach after he dqed one of his guys for doing a neck crank at a tourny. he wound up getting himself thrown out:laugh:
He is so whack..When I used to watch TUF I would yell at the tv all the time!! haha!

rearnakedchoke
04-13-2009, 10:16 PM
Its hard to compare a greasy fighter to Matt Hughes? Your definitely right. He don't have as many belts as Matt...:laugh: ..And we have seen GSP get beat by Mr.HUGHES it was UFC 50 by submission ARMBAR to be exact. Dude get it right don't try to be a fan then say something dumb.. I highlighted your intelligent quote!
yes, he said at both of their primes .. matt was in his prime and that was georges 8th or ninth fight and he was 23 or 24 ... they never really fought when they were both at the top of their game ... GSP is now at the top of his game and matt is in the twilight of his .... do he didn't really say anything dumb ..

Miss Foxy
04-13-2009, 10:48 PM
yes, he said at both of their primes .. matt was in his prime and that was georges 8th or ninth fight and he was 23 or 24 ... they never really fought when they were both at the top of their game ... GSP is now at the top of his game and matt is in the twilight of his .... do he didn't really say anything dumb ..
All I can say is "birds of a feather flock together." Im not gonna debate over this. I think you need to remember when it comes to me being a fan I stick with it and don't switch up end of story! So please stop trying to make me read between the lines. Even if Matt was 1-100 I would still be true and the man is a good fighter im sick of the damn controversy over him being a good fighter still. Gosh May 23rd hurry up!

Jason 16
04-13-2009, 11:27 PM
All I can say is "birds of a feather flock together." Im not gonna debate over this. I think you need to remember when it comes to me being a fan I stick with it and don't switch up end of story! So please stop trying to make me read between the lines. Even if Matt was 1-100 I would still be true and the man is a good fighter im sick of the damn controversy over him being a good fighter still. Gosh May 23rd hurry up!

umm....... ok I think you are reading into this way to much . iam still not sure exactly what your upset about.

Miss Foxy
04-13-2009, 11:29 PM
umm....... ok I think you are reading into this way to much . iam still not shour exactly what your upset about.
Its called being entitled to my own opinion.. And before you give me drugstore psychology. Spell check honey!

Jason 16
04-13-2009, 11:35 PM
Its called being entitled to my own opinion.. And before you give me drugstore psychology. Spell check honey!
lol fixed. yes you are entitled to your opinion no one is swiching sides all rnc said is that matt dint ever fight gsp when both of them were in there prime . I just get get how that pisses you off.:unsure-1:

rearnakedchoke
04-13-2009, 11:45 PM
i don't understand why you are getting pissed ... no one said you can't express your opinions ... you slammed the guy cuz he said he wished matt and gsp could have fought in their primes ... you brought up ufc 50 when matt one, which is fine, but that doesn't mean that both were in their primes ... which is what i stated .... it doesn't make anyone less of a fan cuz they think other people are better fighters at this point in their careers ... and it doesn't make other people better fans because they think matt is hot or sleep in matt hughes t-shirts ... all people are stating that when they fought on three different occassions, neither fighter was in their prime

Primal Rage
04-13-2009, 11:49 PM

whats stupid about saying you cant really compare Hughes and GSP because they where different times.......i actually like both fighters equally.(clay guida my fav lol) No doubt both will be hall of famers and no matter how much anyone hates either fighter if they cant admit that there both great fighters, then your just stuborn
Now before you rebuttle with oh grease this grease that why dont someone knock him out? And no im not a GSP fan boy cause regardless of what other ppl say matt will without a doubt always be the best wrestler the ufc has seen, those some sick moves matt :w00t:

Jason 16
04-14-2009, 12:22 AM
I guess now its time to leave the crazy lady to herself.:Whistle:

Melissa Villaseñor on the old site dint you have another name

rearnakedchoke
04-14-2009, 12:35 AM

no ... i think that was someone else ... had to be ......

Miss Foxy
04-14-2009, 02:30 AM

Crazy lady? Thats a real good burn. Wow it must have took you all afternoon to get me on that one huh?! kudos!

Miss Foxy
04-14-2009, 02:33 AM
i don't understand why you are getting pissed ... no one said you can't express your opinions ... you slammed the guy cuz he said he wished matt and gsp could have fought in their primes ... you brought up ufc 50 when matt one, which is fine, but that doesn't mean that both were in their primes ... which is what i stated .... it doesn't make anyone less of a fan cuz they think other people are better fighters at this point in their careers ... and it doesn't make other people better fans because they think matt is hot or sleep in matt hughes t-shirts ... all people are stating that when they fought on three different occassions, neither fighter was in their prime
First of all I was not even responding to you in the first place. Where have I said I am a better fan because I think Matt is hot or I sleep in tshirts? I have no competition with anyone around here truth is my day will go on with or without anyones approval. I have no reason to lay out a court case as to why it annoys me when people nicely compare Matt and GSP. If you want to keep attacking me go ahead :rolleyes:

rearnakedchoke
04-14-2009, 01:48 PM
First of all I was not even responding to you in the first place. Where have I said I am a better fan because I think Matt is hot or I sleep in tshirts? I have no competition with anyone around here truth is my day will go on with or without anyones approval. I have no reason to lay out a court case as to why it annoys me when people nicely compare Matt and GSP. If you want to keep attacking me go ahead :rolleyes:

I was responding to you for calling primal dumb for making a true statement ... if making true statements is dumb, then there are a lot of dumb people on here ... saying the three times gsp and matt hughes fought were out of both fighters' primes is not making anyone less of a hughes fan .......

Miss Foxy
04-14-2009, 03:20 PM
I was responding to you for calling primal dumb for making a true statement ... if making true statements is dumb, then there are a lot of dumb people on here ... saying the three times gsp and matt hughes fought were out of both fighters' primes is not making anyone less of a hughes fan .......
Once again here we go around the Mulberry bush. Where did I say I am a better fan or he is less of a fan? I can say what I want and you arent going to do anything about it. I have not violated any rules. If you were a female I swear I would think your jealous! :laugh:

rearnakedchoke
04-14-2009, 03:41 PM

i have bolded your response to Primal's wish of "wishing he could see GSP/Matt at their peak" ... you are saying don't try to be a fan and say something dumb, as if he is saying something dumb, when in fact he speaks the truth ...
no one is saying you can't say what you want, but if you say something stupid, you are gonna get called out for it ........

jealous? of what?

J.B.
04-14-2009, 04:28 PM
Children! Stop making a mess of the thread! :tongue0011:
http://allfunny.net/pics/crazykids/crazy-kids-8.jpg

Hughes_GOAT
04-14-2009, 09:14 PM
didn't BJ say that he greased in the first fight too? for people who are saying that GSP was shiny coming in, he may look shiny, but he is checked by ring officials before he enters and they apply vaseline to peoples faces .. i just don't see the need for grease application .. maybe because i am not a fighter, but what if they were to ban to use of vaseline in all circumstances? to me, applying it to the face is just going to end up on someones body through the normal course of the fight ...

they look at his face, not his body. they're focusing on his face to make sure the proper amount of vaseline is applied. they can only use so much. funny though because GSP has pics where he's got gobs hanging from his eyebrows.

oh yeah, and Vaseline isn't the only way to grease as GSP i'm sure knows. fighters can take a bath the night before or the morning of the fight and mix in baby oil. the oil absorbs into the pores and only comes out when they sweat.

Jackson's camp has the most fighters accused of greasing out there. Diego against Diaz when Diego was with Jackson. Rashad/Tito. GSP/Penn.

Crisco
04-14-2009, 09:19 PM
I expect it from jackson.

Pretty much every uber successful trainer in MMA has a dirty secret and Jacksons is the slippery substances he buys in bulk at costco

Buc Nasty
04-16-2009, 12:51 PM
Jackson's camp has the most fighters accused of greasing out there. Diego against Diaz when Diego was with Jackson. Rashad/Tito. GSP/Penn.

Yup, because they're all cheating scumbags.

StizzoFoShizzo
04-16-2009, 02:18 PM
Notice how they quickly toss on the gi at the end of all his fights?

County Mike
04-16-2009, 02:25 PM
At the pro level, everything gets better - even the level of cheating. Fighters learn to conceal their tricks better whether it be grabbing the other guys gloves, the cage, eye pokes, groin strikes, the lotions on their body... Don't think it's just Jackson's camp that's looking for an edge.

rearnakedchoke
04-16-2009, 05:23 PM
Notice how they quickly toss on the gi at the end of all his fights?

yeah, because no other fighters put on shirts right after fights ...

Hughes_GOAT
04-16-2009, 08:08 PM
Yup, because they're all cheating scumbags.

seems that way

Hughes_GOAT
04-16-2009, 08:09 PM
At the pro level, everything gets better - even the level of cheating. Fighters learn to conceal their tricks better whether it be grabbing the other guys gloves, the cage, eye pokes, groin strikes, the lotions on their body... Don't think it's just Jackson's camp that's looking for an edge.
true, i'm just saying it speaks volumes that other guys from his camp, before GSP, were accused of greasing. and GSP was even accused before he got to Jackson's camp. i guess they're recruiting.

StizzoFoShizzo
04-17-2009, 05:30 AM
touchè

Buc Nasty
04-17-2009, 12:20 PM

Thats more to do with the requests of their sponsors though. GSP's gi's don't have his sponsors on them, or do they?

timmyja
04-17-2009, 01:42 PM
Nate Marquardt should learn how to grease to avoid a staright-left hand from a "guy in yellow spandex" :laugh: :laugh:

xSubmission
04-17-2009, 03:52 PM
If your not cheating your not doing your best to win

Crisco
04-17-2009, 03:54 PM
If your not cheating your not doing your best to win

"If you ain't cheatin you ain't tryin"

Jeez kid your like 18 you should know how to say it by now.