PDA

View Full Version : DREAM *SPOILER* FIHLO MAHOEF

Llamafighter
07-20-2009, 09:28 PM
Filho Armbars Manhoef

Former World Extreme Cagefighting middleweight champion Paulo Filho and Melvin Manhoef engaged in a brief but exciting tilt that inevitably ended in an armbar win for the Brazilian.

In typical Manhoef fashion, however, the Dutchman had Filho on the run early, as he slammed big punches into him before getting caught in the clinch. Filho bowled over the overzealous Manhoef and methodically set up the armbar for the tapout 2:36 into round one.

Filho looks to be getting back into form. lookout MW's everywhere!!

Crisco
07-20-2009, 10:21 PM
filho is my bitch

Tyburn
07-21-2009, 12:39 AM
filho is my bitch
:laugh:

Max
07-21-2009, 01:15 AM
Filho looks to be getting back into form. lookout MW's everywhere!!
I really hope he becomes the Filho of old and comes to the UFC. there would be some great fights for him there.

matthughesfan21
07-21-2009, 02:35 AM
Filho looks to be getting back into form. lookout MW's everywhere!!this is only his first fight since his loss, and he armbarred a guy who isn't known for his ground game, I wouldn't quite go out on a limb and say he is back in form yet...Give it some time first

Llamafighter
07-21-2009, 03:00 AM
this is only his first fight since his loss, and he armbarred a guy who isn't known for his ground game, I wouldn't quite go out on a limb and say he is back in form yet...Give it some time first
I believe I said "looks" to be getting back into form. He came in at weight, and in shape, and made quick work of a guy who he SHOULD have made quick work of. however you go lightly against Manhoef and he can put you out. Nothing more nothing less. Of course he's got a lot of proving to do.

Hughes_GOAT
07-21-2009, 08:23 AM
no surprise

Tyburn
07-21-2009, 01:03 PM
this is only his first fight since his loss, and he armbarred a guy who isn't known for his ground game, I wouldn't quite go out on a limb and say he is back in form yet...Give it some time first
:laugh: ohh very funny :laugh:

atomdanger
07-22-2009, 02:26 AM
Good stuff.

No more Crazy Paulo.

WTF was up with him fighting Sonnen, he kept looking into space and talking to his imaginary friend. Scary.

Jason 16
07-22-2009, 03:16 AM
even in this fight he seemed a little off not to the extent of his last 2 3 fights in which he looked stoned

Play The Man
07-22-2009, 08:59 AM
Fihlo was being beaten soundly until he pulled that submission out of nowhere. The win is what counts, but the guy didn't look very sharp up until the very end.

atomdanger
07-22-2009, 09:45 PM
Fihlo was being beaten soundly until he pulled that submission out of nowhere. The win is what counts, but the guy didn't look very sharp up until the very end.

He was losing, but a BJJ player doing that well against a K-1 level striker is pretty impressive, MM is an animal, and would KO most MW's in the world IMO.
Seems pretty lame of you to discredit the win. The name of the game with mma is imposing your will, MM tried to KO, PF tried to submit, Filho was the better man

Play The Man
07-22-2009, 11:53 PM
He was losing, but a BJJ player doing that well against a K-1 level striker is pretty impressive, MM is an animal, and would KO most MW's in the world IMO.
Seems pretty lame of you to discredit the win. The name of the game with mma is imposing your will, MM tried to KO, PF tried to submit, Filho was the better man

I specifically said that "the win is what counts". He has had lackluster performances in his past three fights. I think he would be in trouble against UFC-level competition.

Jason 16
07-23-2009, 01:46 AM
If only melvin spent a little time at MN MMA with sherk or at randy it would to him a ton of good

Josh
07-23-2009, 03:26 AM
I want to see Fihlo/Maia or Filho/Palhres. Hope he comes back.

que
07-23-2009, 06:40 AM
manhoef is a joke. this guy parades into the ring with a dog leash attached to his neck like some kind of psychotic lunatic and then he always gets submitted 20 seconds after being on the ground. learn some ground skills buddy, this is MMA not K-1. btw did anyone notice how reckless his striking is? he couldn't even KO filho after throwing like 50 strikes. someone like anderson silva or even machida would pick him apart so easily

Jason 16
07-23-2009, 08:07 PM
manhoef is a joke. this guy parades into the ring with a dog leash attached to his neck like some kind of psychotic lunatic and then he always gets submitted 20 seconds after being on the ground. learn some ground skills buddy, this is MMA not K-1. btw did anyone notice how reckless his striking is? he couldn't even KO filho after throwing like 50 strikes. someone like anderson silva or even machida would pick him apart so easily

he did land almost every one and he did ko mark hunt. and where the hell does he all ways gets subed come from in 30 fights he only got subed 4 times by top bjj guys.