07-18-2009, 11:07 PM
Here are mine

1. Fedor
2. A. Silva
3. GSP
4. Machida
5. BJ Penn

I was thinking of putting Miguel Torres in there, but maybe at#6

Only thing I would say here is that yeah I agree that Fedor is a great fighter, but he has not really fought any one of note, the toughest fight he has had in years was arlovski, and lets face it, bret rogers beat Fedors KO time, AA is not the fighter he could be.

so I dont think I would say Fedor is at no1

think I would go

GSP
Silva
Fedor

Liddellfan
07-18-2009, 11:25 PM
GSP-UFC
A.Silva-UFC
Machida-UFC
Nick Diaz-STRIKEFORCE
BJ-UFC
Miguel Torres-WEC

Fedor is not on my list because he really did not have a tough fight in a long time. Once he starts winning against credible fighters maybe he will make the list.

I put Silva below GSP because he seems to not want to fight lately, where GSP goes after his apponent and dominates.

Chuck
07-19-2009, 01:17 AM
GSP
Anderson
Fedor
Machida
K-Flo (Just to irk the BJ fans)

Jason 16
07-19-2009, 01:27 AM
sooner or later we are going to have to add brock

sender
07-19-2009, 04:37 AM
Only thing I would say here is that yeah I agree that Fedor is a great fighter, but he has not really fought any one of note, the toughest fight he has had in years was arlovski, and lets face it, bret rogers beat Fedors KO time, AA is not the fighter he could be.

You ever notice that once a fighter gtes KOed really badly sometimes they dont come back as the same fighter... Thats prolly what happend with Arlovski and Silvia and why they got KOed so easliy afterwards... To say Fedor hasn't fought anyone is rediculous!!!

IMO Fedor has faught EVERYONE at heavyweight worth fighting throughout his cerear with the exceptions of Randy,Barnet (which hes going to) and maybe Lesner now...

Come on man look at the guys record.

Hughes_GOAT
07-19-2009, 04:38 AM
Fedor
Machida
Silva
Penn
GSP

sender
07-19-2009, 05:03 AM

nehhh

MattHughesRocks
07-19-2009, 05:22 AM
Brock who?

Jason 16
07-19-2009, 05:43 AM
Brock who?
Larson he is on his way up 26 and 2 he could get a title shot soon

just jokeing about him beening in pound for pound

Maldonado136
07-19-2009, 07:11 AM
1. Fedor
2. Anderson
3. GSP
then the rest

Buc Nasty
07-19-2009, 07:56 AM
Fedor
Machida
Silva
Penn
GSP

This

Josh
07-19-2009, 05:00 PM
Fedor
A. Silva
Machida
GSP
Penn

sender
07-19-2009, 11:51 PM
Hmmm you know what I think is weird... Alot of people put Penn and GSP in P4P rankings... But Hughes has wins over both of them....

que
07-20-2009, 02:13 AM
Hmmm you know what I think is weird... Alot of people put Penn and GSP in P4P rankings... But Hughes has wins over both of them....
i don't think that's weird at all. P4P has nothing to do with wins 3-4 years ago, it is based on recent activity and that is why most people don't put hughes up with the others right now.

hughes was once #1 P4P back in his prime and if he beats thiago (if he fights thiago next) that might put him back in some of the top 10 P4P rankings

anyways my rankings are

fedor
gsp
machida
anderson
penn

Max
07-20-2009, 09:39 AM
Fedor
Silva
Machida
Penn
GSP

rearnakedchoke
07-20-2009, 01:08 PM
alright, i thought about this yesterday .. and I am changing my rankings .. (can I do that?)

1. GSP
2. Penn
3. Anderson
4. Fedor
5. Machida

I am doing this based on a couple of things ... One, GSP has fought the toughest relative competititon .. I think since he has been in the UFC, he has fought all Top-Tens at the time in his weight class except for Hieron and Miller (they may have been top ten back then, but i wasn't too familiar with world rankings then) he has dominated every fighter he has fought and avenged all losses on his record
BJ, as much as I think he is a douche, the dude has never lost at his weight class ... he has also fought out of his weight class for which he gets points .. sure he has lost probably half of them, but it takes balls to fight bigger guys .. he should stay at 155 as I think he can beat some WW's, he can't beat GSP
Anderson has cleaned up his weight class and is fighting at LHW now .. he could probably go up in the rankings, but i think his last few fights have been against less relative competition
Fedor, one of my favourite fighters who has truly never lost .. but until he starts fighting the best HW's in the world, he can't move up ... I think he beats anyone in the UFC, but that is opinion .. Fedor, please make it a reality and come beat these guys ...
Machida ... chance to be the best when he starts fighting better .. sure he has never lost a round, but beating the likes of hoger, nakmura and some other bum .. when he beats guys like rampage, shogun, he will move to number 1

Crisco
07-20-2009, 01:44 PM
GSP
Fedor
Machida
A.Sliva
Penn

Tyburn
07-20-2009, 11:38 PM
Let me think about it :ninja:

atomdanger
07-22-2009, 01:28 AM
IMO you cannot rank anybody above Fedor,
for several reasons.

For one, he has zero legitimate losses.
(google the story of his one loss, I won't explain it again)
He has faced everybody important in the HW division,
although seeing him fight Randy when he was on top would have been nice.
He also has beaten everybody in dominating and convincing fashion.

People rank GSP, but not only does he have losses,
but he isn't walking through guys, he is even being boring while winning.
*shrug*

AS, ehhhh.. He is good, but has had problems in his fights.
Lutter mounted him, Hendo held him down, and he hasn't been able to put guys away like he used to.

p4p means if everybody was the same weight who would be the best.
Do you guys honestly think the GSP and AS's we've been seeing would beat Fedor?

atomdanger
07-22-2009, 01:57 AM
GSP-UFC
A.Silva-UFC
Machida-UFC
Nick Diaz-STRIKEFORCE
BJ-UFC
Miguel Torres-WEC

Fedor is not on my list because he really did not have a tough fight in a long time. Once he starts winning against credible fighters maybe he will make the list.

I put Silva below GSP because he seems to not want to fight lately, where GSP goes after his apponent and dominates.

Your point is a joke.
You listed AS, who just fought Thales and Cote? Pfft.
Tim and AA > Thales and Cote by FAR.

When Fedor KOed AA, AA was on a 5 fight win streak against TOUGH guys.
AA was widely considered to be Fedor's biggest threat lately and a lot of people picked AA to win.

Also, when Fedor beat Tim, Tim had only lost to Nog and Couture in recent times, WTF is bad about that?
Tim was still a top 10 HW in the world, and a threat.

On the other hand, Thales and Cote aren't often ranked in any top 10 lists.
and weren't considered to be threats by many people at all,
those fights were both sort of jokes.

Play The Man
07-23-2009, 05:45 PM
1. Fedor
2. Fedor
3. Fedor
4. Fedor
5. Fedor

Max
07-23-2009, 06:05 PM
Your point is a joke.
You listed AS, who just fought Thales and Cote? Pfft.
Tim and AA > Thales and Cote by FAR.

When Fedor KOed AA, AA was on a 5 fight win streak against TOUGH guys.
AA was widely considered to be Fedor's biggest threat lately and a lot of people picked AA to win.

Also, when Fedor beat Tim, Tim had only lost to Nog and Couture in recent times, WTF is bad about that?
Tim was still a top 10 HW in the world, and a threat.

On the other hand, Thales and Cote aren't often ranked in any top 10 lists.
and weren't considered to be threats by many people at all,
those fights were both sort of jokes.
I agree with this. Anyone who says that Fedor has not faced tough comp is drinking
http://www.metalsucks.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/haterade.gif

Crisco
07-23-2009, 06:11 PM
IMO you cannot rank anybody above Fedor,
for several reasons.

For one, he has zero legitimate losses.
(google the story of his one loss, I won't explain it again)
He has faced everybody important in the HW division,
although seeing him fight Randy when he was on top would have been nice.
He also has beaten everybody in dominating and convincing fashion.

People rank GSP, but not only does he have losses,
but he isn't walking through guys, he is even being boring while winning.
*shrug*

AS, ehhhh.. He is good, but has had problems in his fights.
Lutter mounted him, Hendo held him down, and he hasn't been able to put guys away like he used to.

p4p means if everybody was the same weight who would be the best.
Do you guys honestly think the GSP and AS's we've been seeing would beat Fedor?

1: He lost to Matt Serra and Matt Hughes and then avenged those losses. Convincingly

2: I'm sorry but some people actually enjoy watching a fighter completely dominate and destroy their opponents at everything including their strengths.

GSP's wrestling is second to no one in MMA. His ability to take down makes his striking awesome because people are afraid to let loose on him.

Fedor is the man there is no questions but I think If Fedor and GSP fought at the same weight and you took both of their skill sets that GSP would come away with the decision.

Chuck
07-23-2009, 06:26 PM
1: He lost to Matt Serra and Matt Hughes and then avenged those losses. Convincingly

2: I'm sorry but some people actually enjoy watching a fighter completely dominate and destroy their opponents at everything including their strengths.

GSP's wrestling is second to no one in MMA. His ability to take down makes his striking awesome because people are afraid to let loose on him.

Fedor is the man there is no questions but I think If Fedor and GSP fought at the same weight and you took both of their skill sets that GSP would come away with the decision.

Absolutely... The WW division is an extremely skilled division an GSP is at the top.... P4P GSP>Fedor

Max
07-23-2009, 07:15 PM

The thing is GSP lost to someone who was not even ranked in the top 20 of the WW div. Fedor's last loss came in dec of 2000. Not only that but Fedor's only loss should not have even been a loss. You wanna talk about domination, in Fedor's 30 MMA wins only 7 have gone to a dec (GSP has 6 dec in 19 wins). He finishes 76.66% of his fights, thats domination.

Crisco
07-23-2009, 07:43 PM
The thing is GSP lost to someone who was not even ranked in the top 20 of the WW div. Fedor's last loss came in dec of 2000. Not only that but Fedor's only loss should not have even been a loss. You wanna talk about domination, in Fedor's 30 MMA wins only 7 have gone to a dec (GSP has 6 dec in 19 wins). He finishes 76.66% of his fights, thats domination.

If you want to talk about recent losses you should also bring up opponents. GSP has fought the much tougher fights recently. sylvia and Arlovski have been on thedown slide since leaving the UFC.

Finishes aren't everything either.

Look at mayweather. He rarely finishes people anymore and he is still considered 1 of if not the best.

Max
07-23-2009, 08:47 PM
If you want to talk about recent losses you should also bring up opponents. GSP has fought the much tougher fights recently. sylvia and Arlovski have been on thedown slide since leaving the UFC.

Finishes aren't everything either.

Look at mayweather. He rarely finishes people anymore and he is still considered 1 of if not the best.
Better yes but its not like Fedor has fought scrubs. Fedor's out of Fedor's last 4 fights 3 have been tough opponents. AA and Tim are both former UFC champs and although Tim looks to be a shadow of his former self AA is still a solid fighter. Lindland is also a solid fighter who lost to rampage by split dec.

Also people seem to forget that Fedor beat Cro Cop, Nog (twice) and Coleman when all were performing at their best. Fedor never had a slip up like GSP did which is why Fedor is the best in the world.

Rev
07-23-2009, 08:55 PM
Fedor is only the best until he fights Kenflo!!!!:ashamed: :Whistle:

Ok, I'm an idiot.

Crisco
07-23-2009, 09:05 PM
Better yes but its not like Fedor has fought scrubs. Fedor's out of Fedor's last 4 fights 3 have been tough opponents. AA and Tim are both former UFC champs and although Tim looks to be a shadow of his former self AA is still a solid fighter. Lindland is also a solid fighter who lost to rampage by split dec.

Also people seem to forget that Fedor beat Cro Cop, Nog (twice) and Coleman when all were performing at their best. Fedor never had a slip up like GSP did which is why Fedor is the best in the world.

People also seem to forget that GSP beat

Sherk(top of his game)
B.J Penn (twice) GSP is the only person on that list to defeat a top 5 p4p MAchida beat B.J but that doesn't count lol
Matt Hughes (Best WW ever)(twice)
koschek Out wrestled one of the best wrestling credentials in the WW division.
Jon Fitch(a fantastic fighter)
Thiago Alves(completely nullified him) He is also still considered #2 in the division.

Both records are impressive. I feel GSP has the better skill set compared to Fedor. Fedor has more punching power and finishes but styles make fights and I think if the same weight GSP's wrestling ability and sub defense would be the deciding factor if they fought.

Max
07-23-2009, 10:40 PM
People also seem to forget that GSP beat

Sherk(top of his game)
B.J Penn (twice) GSP is the only person on that list to defeat a top 5 p4p MAchida beat B.J but that doesn't count lol
Matt Hughes (Best WW ever)(twice)
koschek Out wrestled one of the best wrestling credentials in the WW division.
Jon Fitch(a fantastic fighter)
Thiago Alves(completely nullified him) He is also still considered #2 in the division.

Both records are impressive. I feel GSP has the better skill set compared to Fedor. Fedor has more punching power and finishes but styles make fights and I think if the same weight GSP's wrestling ability and sub defense would be the deciding factor if they fought.

Since Sherks fight with Hughes he had not fought anyone who was worth anything. Add in the fact that he should have been fighting at LW. I guess that is considered top of his game though.

Why does Machida's win over BJ not count???

Fedor beat Nog when Nog would have been considered top 5 P4P

atomdanger
07-23-2009, 11:33 PM

It doesn't matter if he avenged those losses, he still proved he can be beaten.
Fedor has yet to show weakness. GSP has.

atomdanger
07-23-2009, 11:34 PM
Absolutely... The WW division is an extremely skilled division an GSP is at the top.... P4P GSP>Fedor

Nope.

GSP doesn't always show up, he mostly does.
Fedor ALWAYS shows up, and has never shown weakness, GSP has.

I don't even know how its arguable, Fedor has faced a much wider variety of opponent,
while GSP has been given opponents (Other than THiago Alves) who IMO have fed into his style.

Chuck
07-24-2009, 01:01 AM
Nope.

GSP doesn't always show up, he mostly does.
Fedor ALWAYS shows up, and has never shown weakness, GSP has.

I don't even know how its arguable, Fedor has faced a much wider variety of opponent,
while GSP has been given opponents (Other than THiago Alves) who IMO have fed into his style.

Fedor has been given far more opponents then GSP... When is the last time Fedor fought a fighter on his way UP and not on his way down... GSP fought Alves who is clearly on his way up, fought Fitch, clearly on his way up...

Fedor fought 1 time in '07, twice in '06, twice in '05... he's a great fighter no doubt but his myth is greater then his skill IMO.

atomdanger
07-24-2009, 01:31 AM
Fedor has been given far more opponents then GSP... When is the last time Fedor fought a fighter on his way UP and not on his way down... GSP fought Alves who is clearly on his way up, fought Fitch, clearly on his way up...

Fedor fought 1 time in '07, twice in '06, twice in '05... he's a great fighter no doubt but his myth is greater then his skill IMO.

Myth is greater than skill?
When was the last time GSP fought a champion? Hughes is the only champion / former champion I believe(in his weight class). (I guess Penn was WW champion for a minute, but is by no means a ww)

Fedor has beaten several.
Also, how was AA on his way down? He was on a 5 fight win streak,
against very legitimate opponents.

I think tim sylvia and AA > Fitch and Alves.
ESP if you take into consideration how each fight was won.
GSP was dominate but unable to put either of them in any real trouble.
Fedor shuts people down.

Also, Fedor only has about 10 more fights than GSP.
and GSP gets guys who fit into his style, while Fedor has faced every style of opponent possible, and beaten them all.

My last point is, to me, the p4p king is not the flavor of the week,
and it certainly isn't something you can be over night.
GSP would need to finish some fights in a more impressive fashion,
and fight a wider variety of guys to be considered in my book.

Fedor beats tougher guys, looks better, wins more convincingly, beats a wider variety of opponent, etc....

Max
07-24-2009, 03:59 AM
Fedor beats tougher guys, looks better, wins more convincingly, beats a wider variety of opponent, etc....
I def agree with this. Fedor has beaten great strikers, great wrestlers, great BJJ guys and guys.

Chuck
07-24-2009, 05:28 AM
I def agree with this. Fedor has beaten great strikers, great wrestlers, great BJJ guys and guys.

And cans..... plenty of cans but nobody ever mentions those...

5 fights in the last 4 years... something like that.... IF we're talking all time P4P... you could have an argument for Fedor being on top.... if you're talking current? I don't think he belongs on the top...

Buc Nasty
07-24-2009, 07:52 AM
Fedor has also beaten guys with huge size and reach advantages. Not great fighters, but its another type of problem we've seen him solve. GSP has not done enough to be considered better than Fedor IMO, not by a longshot.

Buc Nasty
07-24-2009, 12:02 PM
If this happens a lot of questions will be answered!

http://mmamania.com/2009/07/23/georges-st-pierre-winning-would-mean-everything-against-anderson-silva/

Crisco
07-24-2009, 12:41 PM
If GSP beats A.Silva there should no longer be any doubt he is number 1.

I think Fedor could be number 1 if he fought more often and was in the ufc.

rearnakedchoke
07-24-2009, 01:25 PM

ok, so if GSP wins, he is number 1 ... but what if he loses by a narrow margin? i mean, in terms of fighting, anderson would be a better fighter, but pound for pound, who would be ranked higher ...

Llamafighter
07-24-2009, 01:31 PM
I think the fact that GSP even has said that he believes Fedor is #1 P4P, says a lot. P4P doesn't exclusively reflect on who they've beaten but also the idea that they CAN beat anyone out there. GSP hasn't fought every WW out there yet, but we assume by granting him top 3 P4P that he could handle anyone. Same with Silva and Fedor. I personally see more WW's that could give GSP trouble, and MW that could give AS trouble than HW's that could give Fedor trouble. Especially since Fedor competes rather light for his division as the HW seem to be getting bigger, faster, stronger.
one advantage that Silva has in this department is that he has fought in 3 weight classes.

we don't mention the cans that Fedor has beaten because what would be the point, He fought studs in RINGS (Arona, Bablu, etc) so he never got the. In this sport both AS and GSP proved that if you don't take an opponent seriously (Chonan and Serra) you will get caught. Fedor fell into near danger against Fujita but recovered and won impressively. My 10 cents

rearnakedchoke
07-24-2009, 01:52 PM
I think the fact that GSP even has said that he believes Fedor is #1 P4P, says a lot. P4P doesn't exclusively reflect on who they've beaten but also the idea that they CAN beat anyone out there. GSP hasn't fought every WW out there yet, but we assume by granting him top 3 P4P that he could handle anyone. Same with Silva and Fedor. I personally see more WW's that could give GSP trouble, and MW that could give AS trouble than HW's that could give Fedor trouble. Especially since Fedor competes rather light for his division as the HW seem to be getting bigger, faster, stronger.
one advantage that Silva has in this department is that he has fought in 3 weight classes.

we don't mention the cans that Fedor has beaten because what would be the point, He fought studs in RINGS (Arona, Bablu, etc) so he never got the. In this sport both AS and GSP proved that if you don't take an opponent seriously (Chonan and Serra) you will get caught. Fedor fell into near danger against Fujita but recovered and won impressively. My 10 cents
don't forget the Randleplex ... that woulda snapped any mear mortals entire bone structure ... yet fedor dusted it off like a pesky fly ... i honestly think fedor could give chuck norris a run for his money ...

atomdanger
07-24-2009, 03:39 PM
Fedor has also beaten guys with huge size and reach advantages. Not great fighters, but its another type of problem we've seen him solve. GSP has not done enough to be considered better than Fedor IMO, not by a longshot.

Exactly.

When GSP beats some strikers, some LHW's, etc.. Then we will talk p4p king

atomdanger
07-24-2009, 03:41 PM

Other than Brock I don't see a single fight in the UFC that would prove anything.
I don't even think beating Brock will prove anything,
but I know it would prove something to a lot of other people, so its interesting.

But do you really think beating Mir, or somebody like that would prove Fedor the best? Come on...

Crisco
07-24-2009, 03:56 PM
Other than Brock I don't see a single fight in the UFC that would prove anything.
I don't even think beating Brock will prove anything,
but I know it would prove something to a lot of other people, so its interesting.

But do you really think beating Mir, or somebody like that would prove Fedor the best? Come on...

And who at WW poses a threat to GSP exactly?

Thiago Alves is an animal and GSP put a clinic on him.

You can talk about the range that Fedor has fought but GSP has fought a similiar range.

Fitch(Serious MMA fighter)
Thiago(World class striker)
Kos(world class wrestler)
Hughes(world class wrestler and black belt level submissions, best WW ever)
B.J Penn(WORLD CLASS bjj)

on top of that he is only 28 yrs old.

All time p4p is definately Fedor but right now in the state of the game and Fedor's last 5 opponents compared to GSP's , GSP holds the title right now man.

Crisco
07-24-2009, 03:57 PM
Exactly.

Thiago Alves dude.

He is the best striker at WW.

Max
07-24-2009, 04:10 PM
ok, so if GSP wins, he is number 1 ... but what if he loses by a narrow margin? i mean, in terms of fighting, anderson would be a better fighter, but pound for pound, who would be ranked higher ...
I think that would depend on how GSP comes into the fight. IMO when someone moves up a weight class for a fight the wins help their case for P4P but the losses dont really hurt. The reason I say that is beause when most people move up they are not putting on muscle to fight at a higher weight class they are just not cutting weight. So when they go into the fight it may look like they weigh as much as their opponent but the truth is they usually are 10 - 15 lbs lighter (the BJ vs GSP fight is an example). Now if GSP decides he wants to add 15 lbs of muscle before the fight (like he is talking about doing) then a loss to Silva would just be a loss IMO.

atomdanger
07-24-2009, 04:10 PM
And who at WW poses a threat to GSP exactly?

Thiago Alves is an animal and GSP put a clinic on him.

You can talk about the range that Fedor has fought but GSP has fought a similiar range.

Fitch(Serious MMA fighter)
Thiago(World class striker)
Kos(world class wrestler)
Hughes(world class wrestler and black belt level submissions, best WW ever)

on top of that he is only 28 yrs old.

All time p4p is definately Fedor but right now in the state of the game and Fedor's last 5 opponents compared to GSP's , GSP holds the title right now man.

GSP's range doesn't even compare, come on.
Fitch = Grappler
KOS = Grappler
Hughes = Grappler
BJ = Grappler and a LW
Thiago = Striker (I wouldn't say world class, he has never won at striking on a world level, competed in K - 1, etc...)

Fedor KO'd two former UFC Champions, one on a five fight win streak against tough guys, in the first round. GSP's last three fights have either gone 25 or 20 minutes. HOW you beat somebody matters.
I just see GSP going to decision against grapplers, no range there.
Also, no size advantages either, Fedor fighting at HW is about the same as if GSP were at LHW. Fedor is a tiny HW, and weighs as much as AS. Gsp on the other hand is usually much larger than his opponents and has the size advantage.

Max
07-24-2009, 04:13 PM

this is true but he also out weighed BJ by 15 lbs. I would like to see how GSP does against a great BJJ guy who he does not have a massive sive adv on.

Llamafighter
07-24-2009, 04:13 PM
I think this will all be settled once Nog gets past Randy and beats Brock. then He'll be back on top and Fedor will have already beaten him 3 times (technically)

atomdanger
07-24-2009, 04:17 PM
Thiago Alves dude.

He is the best striker at WW.

Right, and that is ONE guy on GSP's resume, one.
Look at the breakdown. Not to mention GSP had size, on everybody but maybe Fitch? Fedor had size on nobody? Maybe Lindland.

Thiago Alves (striker)
B.J. Penn (grappler)
Jon Fitch(grappler)
Matt Serra(grappler)
Matt Hughes(grappler)
Josh Koscheck(grappler)
Matt Serra(grappler)
Matt Hughes(grappler)
B.J. Penn(grappler)
Sean Sherk (grappler)

Now Fedor=
Andrei Arlovski(striker on a 5 fight win streak)
Tim Sylvia(striker)
Hong Man Choi(grappler with incomparable size and strength advantages)
Matt Lindland(grappler, but a big MW)
Mark Hunt(striker, K - 1 level)
Mark Coleman(grappler)
Wagner da Conceicao Martins (not really sure... some fat guy)
Mirko Filipovic(striker, world class, K - 1 level)
Tsuyoshi Kohsaka (grappler)
Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira (grappler)

atomdanger
07-24-2009, 04:18 PM
this is true but he also out weighed BJ by 15 lbs. I would like to see how GSP does against a great BJJ guy who he does not have a massive sive adv on.

Andre Galvao was ROBBED the other night in Dream,
I think he would sub GSP.

Crisco
07-24-2009, 05:07 PM
Andre Galvao was ROBBED the other night in Dream,
I think he would sub GSP.

GSP would just knock him out. Galvao won't be able to take him down.

atomdanger
07-24-2009, 05:15 PM

GSP couldn't knock him out, that would be the problem.

GSP has never knocked anybody out, so I don't know why that is what you think would happen.

rearnakedchoke
07-24-2009, 05:52 PM
Exactly.

why the hell would he half to beat lhw's to be p4p king??? if he beats silva at MW, he is p4p king hands down ...

rearnakedchoke
07-24-2009, 05:54 PM
I think that would depend on how GSP comes into the fight. IMO when someone moves up a weight class for a fight the wins help their case for P4P but the losses dont really hurt. The reason I say that is beause when most people move up they are not putting on muscle to fight at a higher weight class they are just not cutting weight. So when they go into the fight it may look like they weigh as much as their opponent but the truth is they usually are 10 - 15 lbs lighter (the BJ vs GSP fight is an example). Now if GSP decides he wants to add 15 lbs of muscle before the fight (like he is talking about doing) then a loss to Silva would just be a loss IMO.
well, gsp putting on 15lbs of muscle, he will still be the smaller fighter, that would put him at 190-195 fight night ... i can't remember, but i heard anderson is around 200 or so fight nite .. i could be wrong though ..

atomdanger
07-24-2009, 05:56 PM
why the hell would he half to beat lhw's to be p4p king??? if he beats silva at MW, he is p4p king hands down ...

I was comparing the sizes of opponents.
GSP fights guys much smaller than himself,
Fedor fights guys much much larger than himself.
Fedor weighs the same as some UFC MW's, and could easily make LHW,
but pushes himself against bigger guys.

GSP, gets down as much as possible to have the size and strength advantage.
See where I am going with that?

rearnakedchoke
07-24-2009, 05:58 PM
I was comparing the sizes of opponents.
GSP fights guys much smaller than himself,
Fedor fights guys much much larger than himself.
Fedor weighs the same as some UFC MW's, and could easily make LHW,
but pushes himself against bigger guys.

GSP, gets down as much as possible to have the size and strength advantage.
See where I am going with that?
so if GSP beats Silva, you still wouldn't consider him p4p best?

Max
07-24-2009, 05:58 PM
well, gsp putting on 15lbs of muscle, he will still be the smaller fighter, that would put him at 190-195 fight night ... i can't remember, but i heard anderson is around 200 or so fight nite .. i could be wrong though ..
GSP walks around at 185 so if he adds 15 lbs of muscle he would weigh 200 lbs.

atomdanger
07-24-2009, 06:01 PM
so if GSP beats Silva, you still wouldn't consider him p4p best?

If GSP finishes AS I hate to admit I will have zero arguments against him.

AS is bigger, faster, a great striker, and a horrible matchup for GSP,
so if he can over come all of those things... Well

Max
07-24-2009, 06:01 PM
since the Serra fight GSP does not stand with anyone. The first chance he gets he takes people down. He would do the same with Galvao

atomdanger
07-24-2009, 06:08 PM
since the Serra fight GSP does not stand with anyone. The first chance he gets he takes people down. He would do the same with Galvao

Yeah, Galvao doesn't exactly have hands,
but neither does Serra haha

Crisco
07-24-2009, 06:09 PM

So we're going to discredit him because his wrestling is on another level?

I would never think I would argue against Fedor in a war of words.

I love Fedor but GSP is just doing bigger and better things right now.

GSP is only 28 so he has some time to catch up to Fedors numbers but he has completely cleaned out his division... For proof he has to fight either Swick or Kampmann next.

He needs to fight A.silva. That would be the biggest fight I've ever seen. Way bigger then GSP vs BJ 2

Max
07-24-2009, 06:21 PM
So we're going to discredit him because his wrestling is on another level?

I would never think I would argue against Fedor in a war of words.

I love Fedor but GSP is just doing bigger and better things right now.

GSP is only 28 so he has some time to catch up to Fedors numbers but he has completely cleaned out his division... For proof he has to fight either Swick or Kampmann next.

He needs to fight A.silva. That would be the biggest fight I've ever seen. Way bigger then GSP vs BJ 2
when did I discredit him?? You said this "GSP would just knock him out. Galvao won't be able to take him down." I pointed out that GSP no longer stands with people all he does is take them down. I would not discrediting him at all I was pointing out a fact.

Its not like Fedor is 40, the guy is only 32, he has about 5 or more years left if he chooses to continue.

Crisco
07-24-2009, 06:23 PM
when did I discredit him?? You said this "GSP would just knock him out. Galvao won't be able to take him down." I pointed out that GSP no longer stands with people all he does is take them down. I would not discrediting him at all I was pointing out a fact.

Its not like Fedor is 40, the guy is only 32, he has about 5 or more years left if he chooses to continue.

GSP has not fought anyone that posed a threat of subbing him in a long time. and don't say BJ. GSP was too big and too strong for bj's style of BJJ to work.

He GSP was worried about Galvao's ground game he would KO/TKO him.

Max
07-24-2009, 07:31 PM
GSP has not fought anyone that posed a threat of subbing him in a long time. and don't say BJ. GSP was too big and too strong for bj's style of BJJ to work.

He GSP was worried about Galvao's ground game he would KO/TKO him.
Im not so sure. He took Serra to the ground and Hughes to the ground and they are not known for their stand up. I would say both Matt and Matt are better off their backs then they are standing.

Crisco
07-24-2009, 07:43 PM
Im not so sure. He took Serra to the ground and Hughes to the ground and they are not known for their stand up. I would say both Matt and Matt are better off their backs then they are standing.

I'm guessing he didn't feel threatened by them on the ground. Hughes would sub him I think but more likely from the top then the bottom.

Serra was too small and so was BJ to really threaten GSP from their back..

Do you train? It's much harder to sub a larger guy with really good wrestling.

Rev
07-24-2009, 09:21 PM
We dont know just how good GSP is because he wont try and win a fight, he busy trying not to get beat. He is doing the same thing Tim Sylvia was doing at the end of his run. Only people are singing GSP's praises and they were bashing Big Tim for the same thing. GSP needs to stop playing it safe if he wants to get back to the level of respect he once had among the fans and fighters. This isnt just my thoughts, I know a few fighters who say the same.

Crisco
07-24-2009, 09:31 PM
We dont know just how good GSP is because he wont try and win a fight, he busy trying not to get beat. He is doing the same thing Tim Sylvia was doing at the end of his run. Only people are singing GSP's praises and they were bashing Big Tim for the same thing. GSP needs to stop playing it safe if he wants to get back to the level of respect he once had among the fans and fighters. This isnt just my thoughts, I know a few fighters who say the same.

After GSP beats Silva I won't even bother defending him anymore. It will speak for itself

He is exactly what Matt Hughes said rules MMA.

A wrestler who can dictate where the fight goes.

that being said if Matt ever fights GSP again I hope Matt beats him to a pulp.

atomdanger
07-24-2009, 11:42 PM
After GSP beats Silva I won't even bother defending him anymore. It will speak for itself

He is exactly what Matt Hughes said rules MMA.

A wrestler who can dictate where the fight goes.

that being said if Matt ever fights GSP again I hope Matt beats him to a pulp.

A wrestler can dictate where the fight goes,
but Hughes put people away as champion. He chose where to take the fight,
and where to take people out.

Rev
07-24-2009, 11:45 PM
A wrestler can dictate where the fight goes,
but Hughes put people away as champion. He chose where to take the fight,
and where to take people out.
Preach it!!!!

atomdanger
07-24-2009, 11:49 PM
Preach it!!!!

Well damn,
I know GSP beat Matt twice,

but thus far, if you compare them as Champions, Matt was much more impressive IMO.

I also can't foresee GSP suddenly starting to put people away,
I think he likes being champion too much to take a lot of risk,
he is sticking with control, and nothing else.

Rev
07-25-2009, 12:16 AM
I disagree in a way, because I think that he could start putting people away. He has to get that fear out of the front of his head and put it in the back where it belongs(face it, we all have it). Matt S. koed him and he aint been right since.

Max
07-25-2009, 01:02 AM
Do you train? It's much harder to sub a larger guy with really good wrestling.
yes I do and I agree with you. I also think it has to do with strength.

Hughes_GOAT
07-25-2009, 01:55 AM
even GSP said Fedor is the best :laugh:

Chuck
07-25-2009, 02:09 AM
even GSP said Fedor is the best :laugh:

True but GSP is extremely humble... I doubt he would ever say he's the best.. and the same with Fedor... he would never claim to be either... they're both class acts...

Hughes_GOAT
07-25-2009, 02:26 AM
True but GSP is extremely humble... I doubt he would ever say he's the best.. and the same with Fedor... he would never claim to be either... they're both class acts...
he didn't have to pick Fedor. he wasn't even given an option, just who he thought was the best. i'm sure Dana wasn't happy since most UFC fighters won't talk about non-UFC fighters, unless they're trash talking like Mir did with Fedor recently.

Tyburn
07-26-2009, 06:15 PM
1) Fedor (because he's not Human and never loses)
2) Matt Hughes (because he's been the premiers most dominant ever)
3) BJ Penn (because he's the greatest pure-skill to ever have lived thus far)
4) Anderson Silva (Proved that Fast-tracking sometimes works)
5) Georges Saint Pierre (he's got a weak mind but a strong body)
6) Lyoto Machida (just because)
7) Kid Yamamoto (the best example of a little fighter outside Jens Pulver)
8) that fighter that Jojo always liked but whose name I cant remember!
9) Randy Couture (his charisma and age alone)
10) Urijah Faber (anyone remember him?)

For each of those Ten I think there has to be Ten P4Ps of the past who are now in somekinda retirement, yoyo, or semi-retirement

atomdanger
07-26-2009, 07:55 PM
I think most of the problem with peoples p4p list is they use too much opinion,
or speculation.

Fedor is proven.

Chuck
07-26-2009, 08:04 PM
I think most of the problem with peoples p4p list is they use too much opinion,
or speculation.

Fedor is proven.
That's pure speculation!!:laugh:

rearnakedchoke
08-10-2009, 02:14 PM
OK, brought back this thread as my rankings have changed over this weekend and made my decision tougher ... I think I am gonna go with ..

1. Anderson Silva
2. GSP
3. Fedor
4. BJ
5. Machida

I could think of switching Fedor and BJ as I don't know how long I can keep Fedor top three for not fighting the best at HW ... I think he is the best and would beat people, but my opinion is one thing .. i need results

Crisco
08-10-2009, 02:36 PM
OK, brought back this thread as my rankings have changed over this weekend and made my decision tougher ... I think I am gonna go with ..

1. Anderson Silva
2. GSP
3. Fedor
4. BJ
5. Machida

I could think of switching Fedor and BJ as I don't know how long I can keep Fedor top three for not fighting the best at HW ... I think he is the best and would beat people, but my opinion is one thing .. i need results

Agree with this list 100%. I use to have GSP at 1 but the Anderson I saw saturday night is p4p the best fighter ever in mma.

cheachea
08-10-2009, 10:30 PM
1.Matt Hughes - I don't give a 2 cents what anyone sias, Matt is still my top p4p fighter
2. Fedor
3.Anderson Silva
4.GSP
5.BJ Penn