PDA

View Full Version : BJ PENN CAMP UPDATE

TDPARKASH
02-04-2009, 04:03 AM
It has been a little over 24 hours since last nights UFC 94 and Team Penn just landed back in Hawaii. In between my travels back home I was soaking up everything everyone has been saying online and in the media. Literally digging for hours on the UG, the SB nation, here on BJPENN.COM, and the rest of the internets MMA community.

As I promised in my last blog , I have some insider information to share with you all in hopes to answer some of the lingering question on everyones mind. There were a few things that JD wanted me to pass on to you guys on behalf of the Team.

First off, everyone should know BJ is doing just fine. "A few bumps and bruises, but nothing major" said JD Penn. More then the physical, "Its his heart and spirit that are hurt." he told me.

Secondly, in light of the recent "GSP VASELINE" controversy floating around JD has issued the following statement.

"We will be filing a formal complaint on Monday against the NSAC and GSP's cornerman." "We are not trying to make excuses, GSP was the better fighter that night, we just wish his cornerman didn't cheat by rubbing vaseline on his back." "Everyone is putting a lot of time and money in too making this sport legit, for someone to do this only hurts the credibility of the sport."

So there you have it guys, no excuses coming out of BJ's camp. George did a great job last night. Noone is trying to take that away from him. There are more underlying issues here in regards to the overall protocol displayed when dealing with rule violations of this nature and that is the issue JD and the rest of Team Penn hope to get resolved for the betterment of the sport.

You can all expect to hear from BJ soon. For now thats all I have for you!

www.bjpenn.com

They don't sound like they are making excuses, and have acknowledged that GSP was the better fighter that night. Two quick points on this: (1) Despite all BJ's trash talking, he isn't using this as a way to explain his loss (2) GSP has the potential to be one of the best fighters that have ever stepped foot in the octogan, too bad that this might discredit his true abilities to date. All jokes aside, as MMA fans we might never see another GSP and BJ Penn fighting at the same time frame for a long time.

CHITOWNHUGHESFAN
02-04-2009, 05:25 AM
Thanks for the update. Glad BJ is doing well. Hope the light shines brightly on this issue. Due to other fights and other fighters having complained of this in the past. Need to fix this now so MMA fights are free of this issue. All the best to BJ Penn.

MattHughesRocks
02-04-2009, 06:43 AM
They should just ban it in the octagon.Have the Doc put it on them before they go on, and if they need it for their faces in between rounds have it tossed over into the octagon from the side with the cameras on to make sure it only goes on there face. It's so simple,duh.

Crisco
02-04-2009, 12:36 PM
Yea but BJ still knowing GSP dominated him and then saying you cheated but I would have lost anyway clouds GSP's win and works in BJ's favor anyway.

Didn't they whipe the vaseline off when he "realized what he was doing"

rockdawg21
02-04-2009, 01:56 PM
"We're filing a complaint, but we're not trying to make excuses." :banghead: :sign0090:

Max
02-04-2009, 03:30 PM
"We're filing a complaint, but we're not trying to make excuses." :banghead: :sign0090:
they are not saying they lost because of the vaseline. They admit GSP was the better fighter that night. They are filing the complaint so the issue will be addressed and it will not happen again.

There is a simple way to handle this. The only person who is allowed to touch vaseline during the fight is the cut man. If anyone else is caught with it they are removed from ring side and if they apply it to a fighter that fighter gets a point taken away.

rockdawg21
02-04-2009, 03:41 PM
they are not saying they lost because of the vaseline. They admit GSP was the better fighter that night. They are filing the complaint so the issue will be addressed and it will not happen again.

There is a simple way to handle this. The only person who is allowed to touch vaseline during the fight is the cut man. If anyone else is caught with it they are removed from ring side and if they apply it to a fighter that fighter gets a point taken away.
I like that :)

NateR
02-04-2009, 04:08 PM
Whoever thought that someday Matt Hughes and BJ Penn would be on the same side of any controversy? Throw Matt Serra in on their side as well and I think we have one of the signs of the Apocalypse. :laugh:

TDPARKASH
02-04-2009, 04:56 PM
Great idea!

KevinD
02-04-2009, 05:36 PM
I think BJ is handling this well. From what was said in this update, it is showing BJ to be a pretty gracious loser.

The Vaseline is not just a "whoopsie mistake". Its a major foul. I hope the comission comes out with something difinitive so this type of cheating does not make its way into the cage again.

Tyburn
02-04-2009, 07:34 PM
I think BJ is handling this well. From what was said in this update, it is showing BJ to be a pretty gracious loser.
:laugh:

Excuse me...but if you read the statement...it says that Penn is filing a complaint about BOTH GSP/Cornerman AND the NASC official...thats not clever...leave the NASC official out of it if you want the NASC to rule in your favour :rolleyes:

Blade
02-04-2009, 07:42 PM
:laugh:

Excuse me...but if you read the statement...it says that Penn is filing a complaint about BOTH GSP/Cornerman AND the NASC official...thats not clever...leave the NASC official out of it if you want the NASC to rule in your favour :rolleyes:

Well if BJ complained at the end of the 1st Rd about GSP being greasy and nothing was done at the time then he has every right to make a complaint. And don't forget GSP was also grabbing onto his shorts in the 1st Rd aswell to try and get a takedown and nothing was done about that. And he got hit to the back of the head a few times and the ref did nothing but issue a few pathetic warnings. No wonder poor old Georges was punching the cage in frustration at the end of the 4th Rd...not only was BJ out of shape and gassed, but GSP was 20 lbs heavier, roided up, greased up, trying to pull BJ's pants down and he still couldn't finish him, lol.

Tyburn
02-04-2009, 07:58 PM
Well if BJ complained at the end of the 1st Rd about GSP being greasy and nothing was done at the time then he has every right to make a complaint. And don't forget GSP was also grabbing onto his shorts in the 1st Rd aswell to try and get a takedown and nothing was done about that. And he got hit to the back of the head a few times and the ref did nothing but issue a few pathetic warnings. No wonder poor old Georges was punching the cage in frustration at the end of the 4th Rd...not only was BJ out of shape and gassed, but GSP was 20 lbs heavier, roided up, greased up, trying to pull BJ's pants down and he still couldn't finish him, lol.
:rolleyes: Listen, if he wants the NSAC to do anything...he shouldnt be complaining ABOUT THEM, TO THEM...they arent going to fing THEMSELVES guilty are they :huh:

Blade
02-04-2009, 08:28 PM
:rolleyes: Listen, if he wants the NSAC to do anything...he shouldnt be complaining ABOUT THEM, TO THEM...they arent going to fing THEMSELVES guilty are they :huh:

There's nothing wrong with bringing a broken rule or incorrectly followed procedure to the attention of those in charge. Any decent governing body or organisation or in fact any business at all should not be above self-improvement. If Penn had greased against Pulver you'd be calling for his public flogging and execution so put a sock in it Glowing Fart, lol. :tongue0011:

rearnakedchoke
02-04-2009, 08:33 PM
an interview from dana early today .. don't know if it has been posted already, if so, sorry for the dup ....

http://audio.waaf.com/m/audio/21830192/ufc-president-dana-white.htm?pageid=17973

rearnakedchoke
02-04-2009, 08:35 PM

not coming out for the 5th round is being finished ...

Tyburn
02-04-2009, 10:36 PM
There's nothing wrong with bringing a broken rule or incorrectly followed procedure to the attention of those in charge. Any decent governing body or organisation or in fact any business at all should not be above self-improvement. If Penn had greased against Pulver you'd be calling for his public flogging and execution so put a sock in it Glowing Fart, lol. :tongue0011:
The SAC is not known for being prone towards self improvement BY the people it governs. I think he had a point, but he should have used the Offical to back his claim....rather then GSP greased and your guy didnt stop it...try GSP greased, even your guy chose to intervene and make a note...that way they think "yes, he did, this guy must have a good point, perhaps we should do more..."

As for your other cameo...i'd have gone out to hawaii to execute vengance myself :laugh:

Blade
02-05-2009, 12:32 AM
not coming out for the 5th round is being finished ...

Nah it's not the same but I can't be arsed to argue.